Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #2001
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Rachel - Thanks for sharing! Sounds yummy!

Jaclyn - Easy for me to give the pep talk - I have never been PG! One day at a time is always my mantra.

Grilling the pizzas was super easy and fast! I just use english muffins, brush with olive oil (keeps the sauce from soaking into the bread), then sauce and toppings. I have a gas grill, put it on medium, put the muffins down, closed the lid and in 4 mins everything was melted and the "crust" was so crunchy. DH loved it!

If you use regular pizza dough, you want to put corn meal or that other stuff on the bottom so it slides off your board. Oil the grill grates and grill the dough first - both sides, then add your toppings.
Another good bread to use for pizzas are the Greek Pitas not sure of company names but they are the pitas you can't stuff....Those work perfectly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #2002
Crimping Master

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight. Sister is coming over said we were going to have homemade burgers but with this storm that is passing over it's hard to bbq outside.
We'll see what she feels like when she comes over....will post later and let you know what we decided on.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #2003
Mad Swapper

Gob bless the electric skillet! We've been using that lately so that the oven, which produces insane heat, is not being used. I'm debating what to do tonight... Roast in the crock pot or Porcupines (another elec skillet recipe). Hmmm...

I think I'll do the Porcupines since I know we'll be home tonight to make it. Saturdays often put us out and about until dinner time, so that'll be more conducive to a crock pot recipe.

I'm going to hit up the Farmers Markets and garage sales tomorrow! Hope they'll have some awesome fresh produce and I want some flowers for the patio. Hitting up garage sales for play clothes for the kiddos.
I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 AM   #2004
Die Cut Diva

I'm crockpotting it today. I had some beef stew meat that I marinated in a sesame and ginger concotion and threw in the crockpot along with some jasmine rice. It's an experiment of my own making, so we'll see how it turns out.

I would have added veggies to the mix, but didn't have ANY in the house suitable. I seriously need a grocery delivery!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #2005
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

Not sure tonight - probably leftovers. My arms hurt pretty bad today and I'm in a really deep funk . Plus I'm battling a migraine.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2006
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
I'm crockpotting it today. I had some beef stew meat that I marinated in a sesame and ginger concotion and threw in the crockpot along with some jasmine rice. It's an experiment of my own making, so we'll see how it turns out.

I would have added veggies to the mix, but didn't have ANY in the house suitable. I seriously need a grocery delivery!
Coborn's has free delivery if you spend over $50 I believe. Right now they have $.99 lb pack of strawberries on sale (no limit on how many) they also have 2 for $5 packs of raspberries (HUGE ONES) and blackberries (alittle tart)
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2007
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
Not sure tonight - probably leftovers. My arms hurt pretty bad today and I'm in a really deep funk . Plus I'm battling a migraine.
What did you do to your arm?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #2008
Die Cut Diva

Tonight will be leftovers from last night's roast.

Since my BFF can't eat very much with the boys taking up so much room there is quite a bit left and I am okay with that since I would like to get out into the pool tonight if Alex will coorperate. He HATED it last time. Cried the WHOLE time we were in there until Jesse got back with his floatie.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #2009
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Coborn's has free delivery if you spend over $50 I believe. Right now they have $.99 lb pack of strawberries on sale (no limit on how many) they also have 2 for $5 packs of raspberries (HUGE ONES) and blackberries (alittle tart)

I'm a long-time veteran of Coborns Delivers. My only issue is finding enough time to log in to place my order. It's not free delivery - it's something like $6.95 but they waive the shopping fee if your order is over $50. What's nice is that you can add liquor store purchases to the delivery. Sweet!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #2010
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What did you do to your arm?
I think it's from stress - being tense.

Kids opted for pb & j for dinner - I'm not really hungry - Ryan and Emberlyn ate a LATE lunch.

We're leaving the kids at my friends house for the night - I have an u/s (fetal growth and doppler) at 7, then tomorrow morning getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to head back to MQT to pick up a few things, get home BY 1, unload, pick up kids, get ready and head to my baby shower for 3 . I think I'll be ready to collapse by the time that is all said and done.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #2011
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
I'm a long-time veteran of Coborns Delivers. My only issue is finding enough time to log in to place my order. It's not free delivery - it's something like $6.95 but they waive the shopping fee if your order is over $50. What's nice is that you can add liquor store purchases to the delivery. Sweet!!!
We have Safeway here and it is up to $12.95 to deliver regardless of how much you order. I loved it though! I think I might need to go back.

I have been going to the Farmer's Market every Sat so we have awesome produce at the moment. Wish I could share! Plus we get crepes for breakfast or Bear Claws from a local bakery.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #2012
Crimping Master

This is off-topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I posted a thread in Family Matter > Support groups because I want to start a weight-loss buddy system or support group. I love being in this thread, but I've got to re-direct my eating and lose 25 lbs. If anyone is interested please check in on my thread. I thought we might come up with some fun ideas and ways to support each other.

Thanks, Chris
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday morning, Ryan Emberlyn and I left at 7am to make a power trip to MQT to get a new bathroom vanity. Got back about 1:40, unloaded the truck, Ryan ran to get the older 3 came home and we got ready and left here at 2:30 to go to my baby shower - so the kids pretty much ate there - just snacky stuff. Since I got sick before we left yesterday morning I didn't eat much so Ryan grilled up some chicken breast and made a packet of baby red potatoes, broccoli, baby zucchini and onion and grilled that too.

Tonight we're having a crockpotted chicken breast - not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. We're working on the dining room - bought paint for it today and am hoping to get that knocked out tonight so Ryan can put the new flooring in.

Tomorrow I'm not sure - I have a NST at 8am, Brooklyn has a chiro appointment at 8:30am and Ryan has to work. Probably something in the crockpot again since the high is supposed to be 56.

Tuesday I'm planning on making pigs in the blanket, french fries and corn - Ryan will be working 12 hr days on Tuesday and Wednesday in hopes of taking all day Thursday off from work, I have my OB appointment and our recliner is supposed to be delivered that day too - had to get something firmer than our couch for after I have surgery.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #2014
Stazon Splitcoast

We ended up going out last night after the movies. Tonight we are grilling but even that sounds unappealing as it is 102 at 3:45 pm here. My poor AC is trying to keep up. Not sure what we are having tomorrow. I need to take invetory of the freezer, maybe grilled burgers.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #2015
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We ended up going out last night after the movies. Tonight we are grilling but even that sounds unappealing as it is 102 at 3:45 pm here. My poor AC is trying to keep up. Not sure what we are having tomorrow. I need to take invetory of the freezer, maybe grilled burgers.
OMG Sam - you poor thing! I hope you find a way to stay cool.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #2016
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OMG Sam - you poor thing! I hope you find a way to stay cool.
Thanks. I think 103 was the highest the gauge said but it is in the shade. The silver lining is we don't have humidity here, so it is still hot, but nothing like your poor Midwestern people suffer through. I don't miss that at all!

Dinner was yummy even if I was getting annoyed with DH and how many times he opened the slider!

I really think burgers it will be tomorrow and I may just stop at the deli for a side dish and make a fruit salad. I have more asparagus left too which I'm loving on the grill!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #2017
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooo yeah we just discovered grilled asparagus and I LOVE it!

Doing a pork loin roast in the crockpot tomorrow - will probably have it with taters.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #2018
Stazon Splitcoast

So my plan had been to do the pork roast with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup with mashed potatoes and a green veggie for dinner.

Low and behold NO onion soup mix and NO cream of mushroom soup. My cousin did pick up 2 cans for me when she ran to town so I ended up seasoning it with Lawry's, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, salt and pepper. It was pretty tasty. Made tiny egg noodles and green beans to go with it. Thickened the drippings to make a gravy too.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

This weekend was a little off as far as cooking goes...we had a parade Saturday, and a birthday party yesterday, so no one was really in the mood to eat when we got home...just had some pickies to eat in the evening.

Tonight I made grilled pork chops that I marinated in soy sauce and garlic (it's my 'standby marinade') they came out really good. Tomorrow I'm making burgers...I got some chop meat for $1.69 a lb...so I'm making up a bunch and freezing them.

Not sure about the rest of the week...but we'll see...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #2020
Die Cut Diva

ATTENTION LADIES and maybe gents who view this.

I HAVE MADE A MENU FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse and I sat down tonight and figured out what to eat- well he gave me a list and it goes like this:

Sunday: Crockpot surprise/ cook choice
Monday: A hamburger meal
Tuesday (sftball night): sandwich night
Wednesday: Pasta meal
Thurs: (sftball night): breakfast/ sammie night
Friday: Pizza night
Sat: Chicken meal

All I have to do is follow the guidelines and it's easy as pie!!!! giggles. I LOVED his "CP surprise"

I even added a couple new recipes to the mix!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #2021
Stazon Splitcoast

Good job Michelle! That is awesome!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #2022
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ATTENTION LADIES and maybe gents who view this.

I HAVE MADE A MENU FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse and I sat down tonight and figured out what to eat- well he gave me a list and it goes like this:

Sunday: Crockpot surprise/ cook choice
Monday: A hamburger meal
Tuesday (sftball night): sandwich night
Wednesday: Pasta meal
Thurs: (sftball night): breakfast/ sammie night
Friday: Pizza night
Sat: Chicken meal

All I have to do is follow the guidelines and it's easy as pie!!!! giggles. I LOVED his "CP surprise"

I even added a couple new recipes to the mix!!!!!
WOOHOOO Michelle!! You go girl! Can't wait to hear what you create!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #2023
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle - that's GREAT!! I'll be tuning in to see what you do -- may follow suit
Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

My "plan" was to make up meals to get them into the freezer for after I have the baby...... SO not going to happen.

We just have too much to get done around the house for me to be cooking extra.

Just got the dining room ALMOST done - I think we're going to stay with the hardwood floors and have them refinished.

Next will be the bathroom and our bedroom swap.

Logan and I are going to make pigs in the blanket tomorrow - however instead of rolling out the dough, I'm going to make them into little cups. It'll cut down on the time - both preparing and cooking.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #2025
Die Cut Diva

I've been a toy throwing machine today!!!! it's now 5 and it will be sandwiches tonight for dinner!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #2026
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, tonight we're having the pigs in a blanket - however I'm making them into little cups - it'll cut down on the time, I won't have to roll out dough. The sides will be fries and corn.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #2027
Die Cut Diva

I am making creamy chicken in the cp.

It's chilly out!!! So I boiled up the chicken boobs and waiting for them to cool off so I can shred the chicken and them add the soup.

Not sure what I will do for sides- maybe REAL mashed taters since we don't have bisquits...
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #2028
Die Cut Diva

Jesse and I are the only ones who ate the chicken so we just put it over bread.

TOnight is another softball night so it's homemade subs tonight.

I got a head of lettuce to cut up for tacos on Monday but I think that I will use some of that on my sub for lunch and dinner.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #2029
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight is the pigs in a blanket (aka in a cup) since Emberlyn ended up sick last night and I felt icky too.

Ryan and Logan have started the demolishing of the bathroom walls, today and tomorrow are going to be very long days.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

So the burger cups turned out really good, the kids LOVED em, however they didn't agree with Ryan nor myself so I think because we're in the middle of gutting the bathroom (now more work than we had anticipated) we're just going to go grab the kids some McD's. ICK.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #2031
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jaclyn - I can so related to home projects. I didn't have a master bathroom for 9 months after moving in. A little shower leak turned into dry rot on the floor and molding insulation - so DH tore out everything and I mean everything!

Yummy - McD's! I love it. McChicken mini meal.

It is almost 90 here today but we ate out last night so I made spaghetti and steamed artichokes tonight. Now to figure out what we are having tomorrow. Maybe we will grill as I have asparagus that needs to be eaten and I can marinate a flank steak.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #2032
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Jaclyn - I can so related to home projects. I didn't have a master bathroom for 9 months after moving in. A little shower leak turned into dry rot on the floor and molding insulation - so DH tore out everything and I mean everything!

Yummy - McD's! I love it. McChicken mini meal.

It is almost 90 here today but we ate out last night so I made spaghetti and steamed artichokes tonight. Now to figure out what we are having tomorrow. Maybe we will grill as I have asparagus that needs to be eaten and I can marinate a flank steak.
Yeah the tub/shower was apparently leaking for quite some time .... it rotted through SEVEN layers of flooring ... thankfully the ORIGINAL flooring it just wet and not rotted... so the OTHER 7 layers have to be ripped out and then fans put going to dry the floor. We'll be lucky to get this done by Sunday. The toilet will be the VERY last thing to come out. The REALLY sucky thing is ........ this is our ONLY bathroom .
Old 07-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #2033
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight will probably be grilled chicken.

Tomorrow we're headed over to my cousins house for a 4th of July BBQ after the parade.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tonight will probably be grilled chicken.

Tomorrow we're headed over to my cousins house for a 4th of July BBQ after the parade.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!
Scratch that.... We're having pizza tonight. I'm feeling blah and so is Brooklyn and Emberlyn, plus we have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to get done in the bathroom.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

We are having grill food tonight - corn on the cob, asparagus, and marinated flank steak. I'm in love with those GrillMate packets. You just mix with oil, water, and vinegar.

Tomorrow morning is my Farmer's Market day, but I don't know which vendors will be there. I really want some salmon but hubby can't eat it, so I'll have to get some cod for him. I have cedar planks I want to use finally.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #2036
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th!

We didn't end up going to my cousins house, she called this morning and they are all still sick. So I made the pasta salad for here at home, we had the chicken from the BBQ and watermelon for dinner.

Hopefully we can take the kids out to roast marshmallows tonight, but it's already getting late and I still have paint to put up in the bathroom.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #2037
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy 4th Everyone!

Hubby and I spent the day together which was nice. Had to go buy fun stuff like a new mattress and undershirts. Mattress shopping is so depressing as they are not cheap, especially not what my DH finds acceptable.

Went to the Farmer's Market this morning and got some salmon and halibut, so they are currently on a cedar plank in the grill. Having cherry tomatoes and grilled asparagus.

Maybe we will have ribs tomorrow. I bought some at Costco and it won't be too hot to do my preferred method of 2 hours in the oven first before grilling. Probably corn and the cob and some fruit.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #2038
Stazon Splitcoast

No idea tonight. Bathroom isn't going as planned and is NO where near being done.. We've been at this for FOUR days.

I think I've over done it. Lack of sleep, too much work and not eating the right way.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #2039
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Quote:
We are having grill food tonight - corn on the cob, asparagus, and marinated flank steak. I'm in love with those GrillMate packets. You just mix with oil, water, and vinegar.
Mmmm, I love these too!! I just bought some new flavors - I can't wait to try the Mojito Lime on tilapia!!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #2040
Die Cut Diva

Been MIA for a few days.

Friday night I made English muffin pizza's since it was Za night.

Yesterday was a long day for Alex and I. We went to a parade in the morning (got there at 9 am) left Jesse and Joey there and came home so Alex could nap around 1 then went and picked them back up around 3:30 then out to my old roommates dad's house for some 4-wheeling and drinks.

Came home and just had sandwiches for dinner.

Tonight I got Applebee's since it is cooks choice.