In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast
 
cuccicoo1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buffering.... Buffering...next to Okiechic :)
Posts: 15,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
I need to get back on the cooking wagon. I just got home on Tuesday night, so last night hubby and I went to a steak place and had prime rib. It was so nice to be alone to talk which doesn't always happen at home because I'm constantly going a mile a minute. Tonight I'm having dinner with a coworker from Atlanta. Tomorrow night has a good chance of being Costco hot dogs or In-N-Out burger as we need to go to Costco and Home Depot.

I did buy a pork shoulder today for cheap, have no clue what do with it!
does it have that thick layer of fat on it??

My SIL is Puerto Rican and she makes the BEST pork shoulder...she marinates it for a couple of days, uses lots of garlic and cut slits into it, and puts spanish olives inside...mmmmm it's SO good I can see if she'll part with the recipe - the pork winds up falling apart it's so tender...
__________________
Tracey
The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work. -- Pat Clifford
cuccicoo1002 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #162
Stampin' Fool
 
frosted_gorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,377
Default

We had homemade spicy tomato soup with crusty bread to dip in it.
frosted_gorilla is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #163
Die Cut Diva
 
Dione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!
Posts: 3,546
Send a message via MSN to Dione
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
I need to get back on the cooking wagon. I just got home on Tuesday night, so last night hubby and I went to a steak place and had prime rib. It was so nice to be alone to talk which doesn't always happen at home because I'm constantly going a mile a minute. Tonight I'm having dinner with a coworker from Atlanta. Tomorrow night has a good chance of being Costco hot dogs or In-N-Out burger as we need to go to Costco and Home Depot.

I did buy a pork shoulder today for cheap, have no clue what do with it!
Yum I love a good Costco hot dog, with fries and gravy on the side (I always have to share the fries with Andy or my mom (whomever I am there with) because its such a huge serving
__________________
Lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, lucky to be coming home again...
Dione is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast
 
cuccicoo1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buffering.... Buffering...next to Okiechic :)
Posts: 15,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione View Post
Yum I love a good Costco hot dog, with fries and gravy on the side (I always have to share the fries with Andy or my mom (whomever I am there with) because its such a huge serving
Dione - I love your siggy...

*sigh* I ♥ Jason Mraz...

I saw him at Radio City Music Hall last month...it was AWESOME...what energy.
__________________
Tracey
The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work. -- Pat Clifford
cuccicoo1002 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #165
Die Cut Diva
 
Dione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!
Posts: 3,546
Send a message via MSN to Dione
Default

Thanks Must have been an AMAZING show! I only have his latest CD, and it was that song that made me want to buy it. May have to get some of his other ones.
__________________
Lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, lucky to be coming home again...
Dione is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:32 AM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast
 
cuccicoo1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buffering.... Buffering...next to Okiechic :)
Posts: 15,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione View Post
Thanks Must have been an AMAZING show! I only have his latest CD, and it was that song that made me want to buy it. May have to get some of his other ones.
I can tell you that this album is my favorite...I think it's more 'him' I think the others he kind of had to follow what the record label wanted him to do, whereas now he's 'proved himself' so he's given a little more liberty to do what he wants...or perhaps his style has just changed, and I like it more than the old stuff

oh - it was amazing...I felt so good after that show...if you like him recorded, you would LOVE him in concert...some people sound awful live...not him, he sounds better - I think it's the energy form the crowd or something.

Sorry - I keep blathering on about the guy. I'm glad you found him - he truly is great...my other favorite tune is 'live high'

back to business...we ordered out last night - I had eggplant rollatini, DH had sausage parm, DD#1 had pizza and DD#2 shared mine and DH's food...
__________________
Tracey
The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work. -- Pat Clifford
cuccicoo1002 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast
 
SammyStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 11,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
does it have that thick layer of fat on it??

My SIL is Puerto Rican and she makes the BEST pork shoulder...she marinates it for a couple of days, uses lots of garlic and cut slits into it, and puts spanish olives inside...mmmmm it's SO good I can see if she'll part with the recipe - the pork winds up falling apart it's so tender...
It doesn't too much but that recipe sounds yummy. I also think PW did one as well, so I'll look up hers too. I couldn't pass up $1.29 lb and figured it didn't look to scary to find something to do with it.
__________________
Samantha
SammyStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #168
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

I seriously can't remember what's on my list for tonight and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get my purse and look at it.

I wrote out menu out on the back of my grocery list- yeah just lazy these days.

I'm thinking something easy though- like pizza or maybe I should take the boys out for dinner- ohhh even better idea, no cleaning for me.

Tomorrow I am getting my CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I'M SO EXCITED, THAT I JUST CAN'T HID IT"- I know your singing along with me now. HEEE HEEE I've been begging (yes like a child) for about oh 6 months.

Oh and Santa will be at our local craft store- double bonus. They will take your picture with $1 dontation to the food shelf and then you can take your own as well.
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast
 
cuccicoo1002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buffering.... Buffering...next to Okiechic :)
Posts: 15,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
I seriously can't remember what's on my list for tonight and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get my purse and look at it.

I wrote out menu out on the back of my grocery list- yeah just lazy these days.

I'm thinking something easy though- like pizza or maybe I should take the boys out for dinner- ohhh even better idea, no cleaning for me.

Tomorrow I am getting my CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I'M SO EXCITED, THAT I JUST CAN'T HID IT"- I know your singing along with me now. HEEE HEEE I've been begging (yes like a child) for about oh 6 months.

Oh and Santa will be at our local craft store- double bonus. They will take your picture with $1 dontation to the food shelf and then you can take your own as well.
That's way cool - one stop shopping

Oh - and I vote you go out for dinner...
__________________
Tracey
The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you finish the work. -- Pat Clifford
cuccicoo1002 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #170
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,029
Default

I don't know what is for dinner. I don't feel like cooking...I feel like REAL pizza, not Little Sleazers. So maybe I'll persuade DH. Even with a higher price than Little Sleazers, I still usually can't make pizza as cheaply as I can buy it.
JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #171
Glitter Guru
 
pblair38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Squinting in the glow of the neighbor's sodium-vapor security light
Posts: 5,558
Default

Tonight, it's supposed to get pretty cool and we're having cottage pie. Like shepherd's pie, but with ground beef instead of ground lamb.

(I didn't know the difference until I met my Dutch friend with the British MIL.)

Penny
__________________
"Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can”
My oft-neglected Blog: www.pennyblair.com/blog - Updated oh...sometime
pblair38 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,253
Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North
Default

Last night we had frozen 'za because I found my missing grocery list so we ran to the store. Tonight we're having BBQ chicken and tomorrow I think I'm going to cook a pork loin as Ryan will be going hunting.
Stampin_U.P._North is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #173
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,029
Default

Well, last night we ended up getting Little Sleazers for the kids and going out on a date. We went to a Mexican restaurant that was located in the same place as one we used to like, but it was totally different. Good, but different.

Today we are having hot dogs and I am making some split pea soup as well. I'll heat it up again tomorrow and bake some bread for tomorrows dinner.
JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #174
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Last night I ended up doing Carside 2 go from Applebee's. I LOVE Applebees.

Joseph does too- infact he ate ALL of the chicken strips that came with his meal. HIGHLY UNSUAL!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I am making a Turkey Roast with Mashed taters and gravy... mmmm gravy.

I sent the boys on some errands so I can get some scrapbooking done.
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #175
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Tonight was crockpot chili so I could get some more scrapbooking done.

Taking advantage of having one child- can ya tell?
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,253
Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North
Default

Well we didn't end up having BBQ chicken last night. We had cornflake chicken instead with corn and Stove Top stuffing. Tonight we had the pork loin which I cooked in the crockpot for several hours, mashed taters and gravy and green bean casserole. YUM!
Stampin_U.P._North is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 AM   #177
Insane Embellisher
 
Stef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Taking advantage of having one child- can ya tell?

Have you thought much about stocking up your freezer for the upcoming "event"? I've been kicking around the idea, but I'm just not sure what works well to prepare and freeze, then reheat. Any ideas?

Do any of you other ladies have recipes that translate well to the freezer until needed?
__________________
Baby Avery Grace born December 14!
Stef is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #178
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Have you thought much about stocking up your freezer for the upcoming "event"? I've been kicking around the idea, but I'm just not sure what works well to prepare and freeze, then reheat. Any ideas?

Do any of you other ladies have recipes that translate well to the freezer until needed?
There was a lasagna recipe from Denise back on the other thread- I will try to find it when I get home.

Soups are always good. I plan on freezing most of the chili that I made last night and maybe going through and making some other things.

I don't plan on making too much since I will be looking at using my CP quite a bit. There is a website that a woman was going to use her CP everyday for a year...

Here's the blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:46 AM   #179
Die Cut Diva
 
stampingdenise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Serving True Bloods at Merlotte's
Posts: 6,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Have you thought much about stocking up your freezer for the upcoming "event"? I've been kicking around the idea, but I'm just not sure what works well to prepare and freeze, then reheat. Any ideas?

Do any of you other ladies have recipes that translate well to the freezer until needed?
We usually make a big pot of red sauce for pasta every year around this time and freeze it in smaller containers. It doesn't take long to defrost, and then all you have to do is cook noodles to go with it. Any tomato sauce should freeze well.

But the lasagna recipe I posted awhile back does freeze well too. Just use real noodles, not the no-boil kind. They are nasty. I'm not at home, or I'd repost it for you right now. (It's on my home computer.)
__________________
Denise
stampingdenise is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #180
Die Cut Diva
 
stampingdenise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Serving True Bloods at Merlotte's
Posts: 6,629
Default

Last night we had homemade chicken wild rice soup. Did the whole roux thing with butter and flour. It was really good.

Saturday night was grilled porkchops, broccoli with cheese, and rice a roni.

Another night this week we had egg mcmuffins (homemade). Just an egg - over-hard - on a toasted english muffin with a slice of cheese. It was soooo easy and sooo good!
__________________
Denise
stampingdenise is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 AM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,253
Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North
Default

We're just having left overs tonight for dinner. It's snowing today and cold and I have 2 kids home sick from school in addition to a cranky, teething, stuffy baby.
Stampin_U.P._North is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 AM   #182
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
We're just having left overs tonight for dinner. It's snowing today and cold and I have 2 kids home sick from school in addition to a cranky, teething, stuffy baby.
Yikes-

Sounds like a soup day!!!
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #183
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Finally found Denise's lasagna recipe:

to give credit this was orignially posted by stampingdenise in the "WAYMTFD" part 1 thread.

Here's that lasagne recipe I promised.

It's just the recipe for the sauce.... to make the cheese filling I use ricotta cheese, parsley, egg, and parm cheese and mix it together and layer it with the noodles and sauce.

The key is to use good italian sausage and not just ground beef.

It's my MIL's recipe, and she's 100% Italian.

Lasagna Sauce


1 lb ground beef
1 lb italian sausage (remove casing)
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
3 15 oz cans of water
2 small cans diced mushrooms
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp basil
1/2 c sherry or wine
2 cloves garlic

Brown ground beef and italian sausage. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for a 9 x 13 and an 8x8 pan of lasagna.
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #184
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Speaking of soup Stef.

My plan is to make a whole chicken in the CP then whatever is left over I will pick off the bone and make chicken noodle soup and freeze it.

I was also thinking of other things that you could make.

Roast- whatever is left pour some BBQ sauce over it put it in a baggie and use it for pulled BBQ pork sammies.

Taco meat- we do this when we go to the cabin. Brown your hamburger use your spices and freeze.

Whenever doing this though make sure that you let things get cold in the fridge first- you don't want your baggies melting or the lids popping off due to condensation.
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #185
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Look at what I just stumbled upon for freezing cooked food.


http://www.healthgoods.com/Education...zing_foods.htm
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #186
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Here's another one.

http://www.recipelink.com/rcpmenus.html
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #187
Glitter Guru
 
Kimberli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Missing my sweet boy! <3
Posts: 7,810
Default

We are having Beef Stew (it's in the crock pot now) with fresh Italian Bread (from the store).
I also made 2 pans of "Gooey Toffee Butter Cake Bars" by Paula Deen.
(I have never made them, but MAN do they smell good!) I made 2 pans...one for my family and the other for DH's work...they like treats!
__________________
Kimberli :)

Kimberli is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #188
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli View Post
We are having Beef Stew (it's in the crock pot now) with fresh Italian Bread (from the store).
I also made 2 pans of "Gooey Toffee Butter Cake Bars" by Paula Deen.
(I have never made them, but MAN do they smell good!) I made 2 pans...one for my family and the other for DH's work...they like treats!
HOLDING MY HAND UP FOR ATTENTION!!!!

I'll take a pan!!!!
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #189
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli View Post
We are having Beef Stew (it's in the crock pot now) with fresh Italian Bread (from the store).
I also made 2 pans of "Gooey Toffee Butter Cake Bars" by Paula Deen.
(I have never made them, but MAN do they smell good!) I made 2 pans...one for my family and the other for DH's work...they like treats!
RECIPE!!!!
JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #190
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Default

I am always looking for things I can make ahead and freeze. Because there are just two of us, I cook recipes designed for 9 by 12 casserole dishes in two 8 inch square pans. I eat one and have enough for left overs. Then can either share the spare or wrap it for freezing after I've cut it in half.

A great resource is ONCE A MONTH COOKING by Mim Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. The recipes are kid friendly and bunches of food can be fixed ahead of time.
RevLinda is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #191
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,029
Default

Personally, I preferred 30 Day Gourmet to OAMC when I was doing a lot of freezing. They have a better system and great forms for multiplying recipes to make more than one, etc. http://30daygourmet.com

I need to get that back out, now that I think about it.

Today I decided to be very proactive for cooking so I ended up going to Target (for kids snacks and lunch stuff, mostly), to the local grocery store and then to the meat market. I have chicken, which we are having tonight, ground beef for meat loaf, ground beef for tacos and for goulash. I picked up lunch meat, including some corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut to make reubens for me and DH. As always, I have eggs and still have some split pea soup from the other day. So we should be good for the week.
JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #192
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
RECIPE!!!!
Ditto!!!!!!!!
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #193
Pearl-ExPert
 
thwacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Beautiful Michigan
Posts: 2,002
Default

Tonight it depends on how many hunters are still at my house. It's either broc/cauliflower cheese soup leftovers. Or mushroom swiss burgers and onion rings!
__________________
There is NO vaccine against Stupidity!
thwacker is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #194
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
Personally, I preferred 30 Day Gourmet to OAMC when I was doing a lot of freezing. They have a better system and great forms for multiplying recipes to make more than one, etc. http://30daygourmet.com

I need to get that back out, now that I think about it.

Today I decided to be very proactive for cooking so I ended up going to Target (for kids snacks and lunch stuff, mostly), to the local grocery store and then to the meat market. I have chicken, which we are having tonight, ground beef for meat loaf, ground beef for tacos and for goulash. I picked up lunch meat, including some corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut to make reubens for me and DH. As always, I have eggs and still have some split pea soup from the other day. So we should be good for the week.
AWESOME website Jan.

I will have to take a peek at it more closely before I go grocery shopping again and start my freezing!!!!!!!!!
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #195
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Tonight I ended up making fried egg sandwiches for DS and DH with Ham Steak and pineapple.

I had scrambled eggs and toast.
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #196
Glitter Guru
 
Kimberli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Missing my sweet boy! <3
Posts: 7,810
Wink Here you go ladies...a treat for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
RECIPE!!!!
Here you go ladies:

Gooey Toffee Butter Cake Bars (Paula Deen)
Cake:
1 (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (16 oz.) box confectioners' sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup almond toffee bits or chocolate toffee bits (I used the almond ones)

Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2" pan.

For the cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, egg and butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.

For the filling: Still using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce the speed and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 min. Don't be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because oven temps. can vary. You want the center to be a little gooey, so don't bake it past that point.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares. They are VERY, VERY rich and a little bit goes a long way.

***I baked mine for 50 min. and they were golden brown on top and glossy (like brownies get). I then cut them in 1" squares because they are REALLY BUTTERY AND SWEET!!!

So, how many calories are in a 1/2 lb. of butter and 1 lb. of sugar???
__________________
Kimberli :)

Kimberli is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 AM   #197
Insane Embellisher
 
live2stamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Delafield, Wisconsin
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli View Post
Here you go ladies:

Gooey Toffee Butter Cake Bars (Paula Deen)
Cake:
1 (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (16 oz.) box confectioners' sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup almond toffee bits or chocolate toffee bits (I used the almond ones)

Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2" pan.

For the cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, egg and butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.

For the filling: Still using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce the speed and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 min. Don't be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because oven temps. can vary. You want the center to be a little gooey, so don't bake it past that point.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares. They are VERY, VERY rich and a little bit goes a long way.

***I baked mine for 50 min. and they were golden brown on top and glossy (like brownies get). I then cut them in 1" squares because they are REALLY BUTTERY AND SWEET!!!

So, how many calories are in a 1/2 lb. of butter and 1 lb. of sugar???

So, can we REALLY have these for DINNER??

I've made these before, but without the toffee pieces. I think I may have even posted the recipe in stamp camp treats. One 13 X 9 equals a SINGLE serving!! Yum! My original recipe called them "Chess Bars" but I renamed them Gooey Butter Bars because they reminded me of the gooey butter cake that my best friend always brings from St. Louis.

As for the calories in 1/2 lb. of butter and 1 lb. of sugar: in my mind, ZERO!
__________________
Nancy
Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee!
live2stamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:19 AM   #198
Die Cut Diva
 
Josephsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central MN
Posts: 3,843
Default

Both DS and I have doctors appointments today and he still has to get his flu shot.

Hopefully there is some change and I can have this baby SOON!!!!!!!!!!! Less than a month to go- so I figure with her checking me and DS having to get a shot we should really do PIZZA for dinner.

I think that sounds like a great plan- don't you?!?!?
__________________
{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle
Website Photography Blog
Josephsmom04 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:52 AM   #199
Pearl-ExPert
 
thwacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Beautiful Michigan
Posts: 2,002
Default

DH is going to be out of town this week so it is cereal and mac and cheese or what ever they want!! lol I'm not cooking!!!
__________________
There is NO vaccine against Stupidity!
thwacker is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #200
Insane Embellisher
 
Stef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Both DS and I have doctors appointments today and he still has to get his flu shot.

Hopefully there is some change and I can have this baby SOON!!!!!!!!!!! Less than a month to go- so I figure with her checking me and DS having to get a shot we should really do PIZZA for dinner.

I think that sounds like a great plan- don't you?!?!?
Absolutely!!

I'm with you about having the baby soon. My right side is covered in bruises from her constantly stretching her little legs and feet...and hitting the same spot each time.

Thank you ladies for the great tips and websites and recipes for make-ahead-freezing. Knowing my DH, if it was up to him he'd be bringing home McDonalds every day. Not that he's a lover of McD's but he does love the convenience of it, and the fact that he won't have to wash dishes afterward. Some things never change.
__________________
Baby Avery Grace born December 14!
Stef is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off