Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #81
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
AHHHHH SO WORTH IT JAN!!!!

How did the rest of your day go yesterday?
My class went very well, so all in all, the day improved. I'm still pooped, though!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #82
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to lesliemommy Send a message via MSN to lesliemommy Send a message via Yahoo to lesliemommy

I am thinking of making spaghetti tonight. I just have to go and get a nice loaf of bread. We had steak last night.

I am thinking of doing a shepards pie tomorrow night. Anyone got a really good recipe?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #83
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliemommy View Post
I am thinking of making spaghetti tonight. I just have to go and get a nice loaf of bread. We had steak last night.

I am thinking of doing a shepards pie tomorrow night. Anyone got a really good recipe?
The last time I made it, I used Paula Deen's recipe from www.foodnetwork.com and it turned out pretty good. Hmmm...I haven't made that in quite a while, it does sound tasty...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Girls!

We had spaghetti last night so I could make re-entry as easy as possible. Tonight we are having pork-ribs on the crockpot. It was a receipe from one of my magazines - marinate bone-in country style ribs (mine are boneless) in a bottle of ale/dark beer, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. Then put potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crock and add meat. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.

I think I'll bake up the acorn squash I bought yesterday too, but my husband won't touch it. Silly boy!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

Tonight we had meat and potato squares. I'm not sure what we'll have tomorrow night. And I think Friday, since it's Halloween I'll grab the kids Happy Meals from McDonalds.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 AM   #86
Die Cut Diva

I think tonight will be tacos.

Both DH and Joseph are sick with colds. Something to get their noses running. HA HA HA
Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Last night we had spagetti...I made two jars of chunky garden sauce and then I had cooked up and cubed 4 chicken breast and put them together...Everyone loved it...Way better than just hamburger...Also made a loaf of frozen wheat bread and served it fresh out of the oven. Yummy..We have leftovers so that is whats for supper tonight...Also thinking about making an apple pie
Old 10-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #88
Die Cut Diva

Everyone was in a spaghetti mood last night looks like.

I believe that's what I am going to make tomorrow night for dinner. Fill'em up with heavy food hoping there won't be much room for candy.

Can you tell I'm still in my MOOD. Now I'm dealing with both boys (DH and DS) who are sick with colds. They better not give it to me.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #89
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
Tonight we had meat and potato squares. I'm not sure what we'll have tomorrow night. And I think Friday, since it's Halloween I'll grab the kids Happy Meals from McDonalds.
what are meat and potato squares???
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth2os View Post
what are meat and potato squares???
Meat and Potato Squares

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. dried bread crumbs
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen shoestring french fries
Ketchup, optional

Combine the first 8 ingredients in large mixing bow; mix well and set aside. Place half of the potatoes in the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Spread meat mixture evenly over the potatoes. Firmly pat the remaining potatoes on top of the meat. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked and potatoes are lightly browned. Cut into squares and serve with ketchup if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

The kids decided to have PB and J tonight which is fine by me since I need to get their costumes ready for school for tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaclyn - You always have the most interesting and fun meals. I thought of you today while reading those Cake Balls on PW. OMG - they are so darling. I don't think I have time to make them, but I really want to.

Dinner was awful last night, DH ate it but I barely choked it down. I did eat my acorn squash and lots of Halloween candy.

Tonight is whatever ravoli I have in the house. I always have a few packages in the freezer.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #93
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Jaclyn - You always have the most interesting and fun meals. I thought of you today while reading those Cake Balls on PW. OMG - they are so darling. I don't think I have time to make them, but I really want to.

Dinner was awful last night, DH ate it but I barely choked it down. I did eat my acorn squash and lots of Halloween candy.

Tonight is whatever ravoli I have in the house. I always have a few packages in the freezer.
What went wrong with the ribs?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #94
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, I was GOING to make chicken soup, but apparently my chicken turned bad...it was supposed to be good until tomorrow, so I'm peeved. I wasn't sure, because it was JUST on the verge and I wasn't sure that I was smelling what I was smelling. So I went ahead and put it in the pot and started cooking it. When DH came home, he said, "What is that smell?" So that told me all I needed to know. I'm letting it all cool off, then I'll toss it. I'll get some fresh chicken tomorrow and start all over again.

Sigh...I have no clue at this point about tonight. I have to go to DD#1's parent/teacher conferences in about 15 minutes, so maybe I'll just cave and get Wendy's on the way home.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddictsam View Post
What went wrong with the ribs?
I'm not exactly sure but I think it was the lack of seasoning and flavor. Could have been partially my fault for using Fat Tire instead of an ale. The ribs were tender but really bitter with little flavoring. I added lots of salt and pepper to them on the plate but it still wasn't good.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
Well, I was GOING to make chicken soup, but apparently my chicken turned bad...it was supposed to be good until tomorrow, so I'm peeved. I wasn't sure, because it was JUST on the verge and I wasn't sure that I was smelling what I was smelling. So I went ahead and put it in the pot and started cooking it. When DH came home, he said, "What is that smell?" So that told me all I needed to know. I'm letting it all cool off, then I'll toss it. I'll get some fresh chicken tomorrow and start all over again.

Sigh...I have no clue at this point about tonight. I have to go to DD#1's parent/teacher conferences in about 15 minutes, so maybe I'll just cave and get Wendy's on the way home.
Oh yuck! I hate when meat turns bad or you aren't quite sure. Wendy's is always yummy or breakfast.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:12 AM   #97
Die Cut Diva

So last night I didn't make the spaghetti since the trick or treaters started alittle after 6- yes it was still light out!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news is, we didn't have ANYONE after 8. Even on a Friday night which was alittle strange I thought.

Anywho I made Blue Box Mac and Cheese for DS and I, DH had a sandwich and a Totinos pizza.

Tonight I plan on making the spaghetti and garlic bread. I don't have to worry about tomorrow since my in-laws will be here my MIL will cook- YEAH FREE FOOD that I don't have to cook!!!!!!!!!

Can't get any better than that.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Yesterday...... UGH. The "partying" started at 12:30 with the kids' school party, parade at 2:30, then we left home shortly after 4 to go trick or treating out in my home town, grabbed the kids McD's for dinner and did not get home until after 10pm. So we just tossed in a frozen 'za ate a slice and went to bed.

Today we had a surprise 75th birthday party for my Aunt and Uncle who are twins. So we ate there. Then came home and started making the homemade spaghetti sauce. One of my Aunt's gave us a couple hundred tomatoes, so needless to say, we'll be having spaghetti tomorrow night.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

Jaclyn- I have some tomatoes I want to attempt to make sauce with. Any words of wisdom?

Hubby is sick so I ordered pizza for myself tonight. Not sure what we are having tomorrow. I'm thinking something with chicken and light so if he is feeling better he can eat it. Maybe I'll attempt a chicken pot pie.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Spaghetti sauce...

Hi Sam ~ Well I so far I did one batch in the crockpot and one on the stove and I think we'll continue with on the stove. It seemed to thicken better. They both taste good and Logan cannot wait to try it. As for seasonings .... I just kind of dumped to taste. And I know I have to cut back on the garlic, lil too spicy for the girls.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Sam ~ Well I so far I did one batch in the crockpot and one on the stove and I think we'll continue with on the stove. It seemed to thicken better. They both taste good and Logan cannot wait to try it. As for seasonings .... I just kind of dumped to taste. And I know I have to cut back on the garlic, lil too spicy for the girls.
Do you take the skins off the tomatoes first? I read somewhere to boil and remove the skins. I have had the same luck with the crockpot vs stovetop, Sadly the stovetop works better.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #102
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Friday night we had hot dogs and potato salad after trick or treating was done. Picked up Potbelly for DH and me yesterday afternoon, so last night we just had popcorn and those who were hungrier ate the left over hot dogs. I bought a chicken on Friday and popped it in the pot to make broth yesterday. I took the chicken and broth and put them in the fridge, throwing the veggies away since they get pretty tasteless after cooking for several hours. So today, I got the broth out, chopped some fresh carrots and celery, took all the chicken off the bone and put it in and I'm simmering it again to get the vegetables cooked. I've also got some bread rising (frozen Schwan's bread dough) that shoudl be ready to pop in the oven soon...so I will boil some noodles and add them to my soup, maybe throw in a can of Swanson's chicken broth to add a bit more body and we will have chicken noodle soup and fresh baked bread for dinner. Sounds wonderful after a weekend full of sugar!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #103
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to lesliemommy Send a message via MSN to lesliemommy Send a message via Yahoo to lesliemommy

Tonight we are having grilled steaks and some hot links. I have some fresh green beans I am going to steam and I think I will cook up some spaghetti and toss it with some butter and parm cheese.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Do you take the skins off the tomatoes first? I read somewhere to boil and remove the skins. I have had the same luck with the crockpot vs stovetop, Sadly the stovetop works better.
Yes I remove the skins. Boil some water, then add your tomatoes, boil for about 30-45 seconds and then drain and place in an ice water bath for about 5 minutes. The skins peel right off. And if you want to seed them cut them in half horizontally (does that make sense) and just squeeze.

So far we've done 4 batches of spaghetti sauce and will probably end up with at least 2 more if not 3. Needless to say I am TOMATOED out.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes I remove the skins. Boil some water, then add your tomatoes, boil for about 30-45 seconds and then drain and place in an ice water bath for about 5 minutes. The skins peel right off. And if you want to seed them cut them in half horizontally (does that make sense) and just squeeze.

So far we've done 4 batches of spaghetti sauce and will probably end up with at least 2 more if not 3. Needless to say I am TOMATOED out.
Thanks so much! I had no idea how to start other than I had no clue what else to do with 50 tomatoes!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

We are having a chicken pot pie tonight. It is in the oven. I miscalculated my timing so we are eating a little later than planned. I just threw some stuff together and then made the topping out of Bisquick. Not sure what we are having tomorrow. Maybe a pork tendorloin as I bought two before I left on vacation and just found them in the freezer.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

The four batches has netted us 12+ quarts of sauce. I'm going to have nightmares of killer tomatoes.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The four batches has netted us 12+ quarts of sauce. I'm going to have nightmares of killer tomatoes.
OMG! You poor thing. I love the final results of mass projects like that, but the during, isn't my favorite.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #109
Die Cut Diva

I've got no idea for tonight- I've got to talk to my MIL yet and see if she is cooking/ buying again.

Last night was pizza and leftover b-day cake.

My little boy will be 4 tomorrow and we had his friends party yesterday and my MIL (who I asked to make a cake for him) made TWO cakes.

Here's my little man with his football cake that she made. Oh- that's my MIL.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0300.jpg  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
I've got no idea for tonight- I've got to talk to my MIL yet and see if she is cooking/ buying again.

Last night was pizza and leftover b-day cake.

My little boy will be 4 tomorrow and we had his friends party yesterday and my MIL (who I asked to make a cake for him) made TWO cakes.

Here's my little man with his football cake that she made. Oh- that's my MIL.
Awww!! What a cutie patootie!! Great cake and what a nice MIL for making it!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no idea what we're having tonight. Don't really care as long as it doesn't have TOMATOES in it.

We have a pre-school parent meeting tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go. I've had a bad sore throat the last few days and today my head feels like it's going to explode.

But ..... I am stamping ! So that is helping me feel better. And I'm listening to Christmas music ..... Guess I'm reverting back to my childhood where I would listen to Christmas music in the heart of summer to the point that my mom took the 8 tracks and hid them on me.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #112
Mad Swapper

I wondered where y'all went!

I have been making yummy stuff for dinner lately. I guess I'm more in the mood to cook lately. I'm sure it will pass...

Anyway, here is my week in review...
Tuesday- Saucy baked Chicken, rice, applesauce, salad
Wednesday- CP Beef and Noodles, green beans
Thursday- No Bean Chili, rolls
Friday- Cheesy Chicken Bake (kinda like chicken alfredo) over pasta, peas
Saturday- out
Sunday- Chicken stir fry, rice, corn
Monday- Manacotti, garlic bread, veggies

and tonight...

The worlds best Chicken and Noodles. Seriously, it's the best comfort food evah! Had it with crackers and peaches for the kiddos. Yum!

Tomorrow... I think I'll make Cheese Fondue with ham chunks, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and bread chunks. Kiddos think it's lots of fun to dip their dinner! I'll probably have a salad for DH and I and come up with something for dessert.
I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!

Last edited by sarahbeth; 11-05-2008 at 09:20 AM..
Old 11-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #113
Die Cut Diva

So last night was leftovers for DH

I had a sandwich and DS had mac and cheese AGAIN.

Tonight was DS's actual b-day (MY BABY's 4) so we took him to Space Aliens ate and played games for 2 hours.

I feel like we'll be celebrating is b-day all week. Started on Sunday with his friends party, cousins were still here yesterday, today his actual b-day, tomorrow he celebrates at school with a special snack, then Friday I am taking him and a few friends that have off school as well to Bounce Depot then to McDonalds for lunch.

Hopefully I can get some rest this week as I have a show on Friday and a Craft show on Saturday. YIKES!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh goodness Michelle, I can't believe he is 4! I remember you posting several years back when he was a little squirt.

We were going to eat leftovers, but DH knows me better than that! We had McD's. I love french fries, yummy!!!

I'm waiting for the water to boil so I can put in the tomatoes and get the skins off, then simmer for a few hours. I'm glued to the TV tonight, so it is good night to do it.

Jaclyn - Yeah for stamping!! I really need to make a few cards and design my Christmas cards, yikes, I'm behind!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Joseph!!

We had Chinese...didn't feel like cooking with all of our 'post-work day running around'

Last night was tacos...Sunday was meatloaf...tomorrow...I think I'm making baked Rigatoni - courtesy of Samantha
Old 11-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #116
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Last night we had spaghetti and garlic bread. Tonight I heated up some chicken noodle soup from the weekend and DD#1 made a Schwan's Macaroni & Cheese. It's been a looooong day...I'm pooped! 4 hours in line to vote.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Last night we had spaghetti and garlic bread. Tonight I heated up some chicken noodle soup from the weekend and DD#1 made a Schwan's Macaroni & Cheese. It's been a looooong day...I'm pooped! 4 hours in line to vote.

I literally walked in, signed my name, entered the booth, voted, and walked out... I totally anticipated a wait - DH and I brought drinks and snack for the girls and everything...nope, in and out - we were VERY lucky...

Sorry you had to wait so long Janine
Old 11-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #118
Watercolor Wizard

tonight we had beef and veggie stir fry over white rice, and some potstickers from Trader Joes.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

We went in, had to fill out a registration form, show our ID and then voted. I don't know that I could have held out for FOUR hours. Oh my gosh. Sorry you had to wait so long Jan.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

Monday night Ryan made a chicke stir fry of sorts and I didn't like it. Last night because I am battling a cold, the kids had frozen pizza. Tonight I'm going to throw SOMETHING into the crockpot, but I'm not sure what.