Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Food Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/food-talk-f70/)
-   -   What are you making tonight for dinner? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/food-talk-f70/what-you-making-tonight-dinner-t128923.html)

Josephsmom04 03-14-2006 11:42 AM

What are you making tonight for dinner?

:p Both my DH and I are soooo tired of eating the same items all the time!

So what are you making tonight?

Be prepared, I may ask for a recipe!! :-D

Michelle

thenolanz 03-14-2006 11:47 AM

Cornmeal-crusted Tilapia (Martha Stewart Everday Food recipe), rice pilaf, and baby carrots!

fool4scrapping 03-14-2006 11:49 AM

OMG I am sooooo glad you posted this! I forgot to take something outta the freezer... I better do that now... right after I post it in the thread "what SHOULD you be doing instead of being on SCS" LOL!

Josephsmom04 03-14-2006 11:53 AM

fool4scrapping you're too funny!!! I have quite time right now before daycare baby leaves- she's sleeping and DS is playing.
I figured I'd ask what you guys were cookin'.

degrffn 03-14-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenolanz
Cornmeal-crusted Tilapia (Martha Stewart Everday Food recipe), rice pilaf, and baby carrots!

Mmmmmm! That sounds sooooo yummy!! Care to share the recipe?? or is it on her website??

I splurged and we're having a rib roast with baked potatoes and some veggie of my choice which I will pick closer to dinner time. Mmmmm .. . .I'm going to make gravy and saute some mushrooms also . .. . I'm droolin' just thinking about it!

stampkinz 03-14-2006 11:54 AM

Tuna casserole (my personal favorite!), green beans, carrots, peaches.

Josephsmom04 03-14-2006 11:57 AM

Code:

Cornmeal-crusted Tilapia (Martha Stewart Everday Food recipe), rice pilaf, and baby carrots
Where can you buy Tilapia? Any grocery store, or do you have to check out the seafood area?

thenolanz 03-14-2006 12:00 PM

Here is the link for the recipe:

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...EDF&layout=edf

I have seen it frozen, but we have a pretty large grocery store, and they carry it in the seafood department fresh. It's fairly cheap and mild -- it doesn't stink up my house at all! :)

Consuelo 03-14-2006 12:01 PM

Pizza Hut buffet. :D

The kids have earned free personal pan pizza for reading. So we promised them they could redeem them tonight. I hate going over there because the service is terrible. Especially on Tuesday nights.

handstampedhappiness 03-14-2006 12:04 PM

Meatloaf. We bought a 1/4 of a cow and I'm struggling with things to do with hamburger.

Here's the recipe on the back of the Stovetop box.

2 lbs hamburger
1 box of pork stovetop
1 cup of water
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce

Mix together all except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, form 4 small loaves, pour other 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on top of loaves, place on foil lined cookie sheet, cook at 400 for 30 minutes.

I have no idea if it will be any good, I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but it's easy and worth a try. :)

Annek 03-14-2006 12:06 PM

Probably a bowl of cold breakfast cereal with 1% milk poured on top of it.

Want the recipe? Ha ha ha ha.

Can you tell I am single?

:-) Anne

speale 03-14-2006 12:06 PM

We are having Dressing Chicken (chicken breast cut up and cooked in italian dressing), perogies, and frozen peas.

kirby 03-14-2006 12:11 PM

mushroom soup surprise!
the surprise is that although it looks nasty it tastes great-- good for half cow owners--lol

gmcbunny 03-14-2006 12:12 PM

Taco Salad - Quick and easy

laurakj 03-14-2006 12:13 PM

Hamburger Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with French Cut Green Beans.

Easy and Yummy!

Suzanne 03-14-2006 12:17 PM

Homemade Lasagne

kerryp 03-14-2006 12:20 PM

We're having Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops and I don't know what else. I had some 1 1/2" thick pork chops that I needed to do something with!

craftyteaspoon 03-14-2006 12:22 PM

really healthy here (not!): fried fish, tator tots or french fries. That's it.

I want to try baking the fish but no one else is interested. This is a great thread because I need new ideas, we are in such a rut.

Shanon 03-14-2006 12:28 PM

Whatever I tell Chris to cook! ;)

nicksmom917 03-14-2006 12:41 PM

Bratwurst and french fries on paper plates. We're leaving tomorrow so I needed something quick and easy that won't make too much of a mess!

thwacker 03-14-2006 12:51 PM

We are having venison steaks and instant potatoes of some kind and probably green beans.

thwacker 03-14-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handstampedhappiness
Meatloaf. We bought a 1/4 of a cow and I'm struggling with things to do with hamburger.

Here's the recipe on the back of the Stovetop box.

2 lbs hamburger
1 box of pork stovetop
1 cup of water
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce

Mix together all except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, form 4 small loafs, pour other 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on top of loafs, place on foil lined cookie sheet, cook at 400 for 30 minutes.

I have no idea if it will be any good, I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but it's easy and worth a try. :)

I have the same problem!! We bought a WHOLE cow and aside from hamberger helper and spaghetti and meatloaf what else is there ??

Josephsmom04 03-14-2006 12:57 PM

Hey Shanon,

What's Chris cookin'? Tell him to come over here and cook for us too!!!

kirby 03-14-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thwacker
I have the same problem!! We bought a WHOLE cow and aside from hamberger helper and spaghetti and meatloaf what else is there ??

Mushroom soup surprise, of course!
tacos--mmmm
Italian Wedding soup
Meatballs

Wish I had a cow!

laurakj 03-14-2006 01:00 PM

Umm there are tons of things to do with ground beef:

Hamburger Stroganoff
Southwestern Stroganoff
Mexican Lasagna
Chili
Cheeseburger Pie
Beef - n- Cheese Crosients
Tatertot Casserole
Spaghetti Pie
etc...

If you want any of those recipes, just ask :)

Scraperwannabe 03-14-2006 01:03 PM

We are having Homemade Gourmet's Western Meal made with hamburger meat. My 2 boys eat it up!!!!

--Misti

uffdastamper 03-14-2006 01:04 PM

Chicken, red/green peppers and whole wheat spaghetti noodles sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Topped w/pepper and parmesan cheese.

Scraperwannabe 03-14-2006 01:06 PM

I'll look through some of my recipes & post some hamburger recipes.

--Misti

scrappy12 03-14-2006 01:10 PM

I took fast fry steaks out of the freezer. Waiting for hubby to come home to cook. He knows I'm not a cook and doesnt want to risk ruining supper. Iam just not a cook.......cleaner yes........cook no.

stampinvicki 03-14-2006 01:11 PM

Not cooking tonight... DH is picking up a pizza on his way home from work.

mamakimberly 03-14-2006 01:12 PM

Still debating.... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/nahrung/c085.gif

valeriecathleen 03-14-2006 01:13 PM

Mustgos!

Everything in the refrigerator that "Must Go"!

Let's see....I will probably have leftover Chicken Tetrazini with green beans, dh will have Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice and Refried Beans, dd will have a hotdog with "Macamoni and Cheese" and ds will have some frozen chicken nuggets with applesauce.

I will have an empty refrigerator and have to go grocery shopping tommorrow. It never ends, does it?

SammyStamper 03-14-2006 01:56 PM

I'm going the easy route and we are having spaghetti with meat sauce, french bread, and green beans. I plan my meals out for the week and make sure the ones in the middle of the week make leftovers for lunch.

Tomorrow we are having calzones. Just get pizza dough (I make mine in the bread maker) fill with whatever and bake. I'm leaning towards garlic and chicken and DH wants heart attack supreme (pepperoni and sausage).

Thursday, chicken, salsa, and cream cheese in the crockpot.

Josephsmom04 03-14-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Tomorrow we are having calzones. Just get pizza dough (I make mine in the bread maker) fill with whatever and bake. I'm leaning towards garlic and chicken and DH wants heart attack supreme (pepperoni and sausage).

Thursday, chicken, salsa, and cream cheese in the crockpot.

That stuff sounds really good!! How do you make the Chicken, salsa, and cream cheese in the crockpot?

jm_donahoe 03-14-2006 02:26 PM

Steak Kabobs

I have the tenderloin cut up and marinating now. I will put Mushrooms, Peppers, Onion, and potatoes on there before grilling

SammyStamper 03-14-2006 02:32 PM

I just throw frozen chicken breasts in, add a jar of salsa, and cubed cream cheese. Cook on Low all day. Techically the recipe I read said to take the cream cheese and stir in with half the salsa. Put in the center of the chicken and roll it up. Place the rolls in the crock pot and dump the remaining salsa on the top. On Low you only have to cook for around 6 hours. I'm at work all day, so I go with frozen.

It makes the chicken fall apart so one night I'll put the chicken over rice and then the next day for lunch, I shred it for burritos. The cheese is soft but not part of the salsa unless you stir it up.

handstampedhappiness 03-14-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurakj
Umm there are tons of things to do with ground beef:

Hamburger Stroganoff
Southwestern Stroganoff
Mexican Lasagna
Chili
Cheeseburger Pie
Beef - n- Cheese Croissants
Tatertot Casserole
Spaghetti Pie
etc...

If you want any of those recipes, just ask :)

You're too cool. How about Cheeseburger Pie and Beef N Cheese Croissants?
Please and thank you. :)

handstampedhappiness 03-14-2006 02:53 PM

By the way, the meat loaf was pretty good. I think I would top it with more BBQ sauce next time though.

AJAngert 03-14-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
Probably a bowl of cold breakfast cereal with 1% milk poured on top of it.

Want the recipe? Ha ha ha ha.

Can you tell I am single?

:-) Anne

MMMMMMMMM......my favorite!!!! DH makes fun of me b/c I LOVE cereal and would eat it for every meal if I could! Have you seen the Honey Nut Cheerios commercial set in the "Tastes Great Lower Cholesterol Bistro"? He jokes and says that's my favorite restaurant ;-)

Anyway, tonight for dinner I made Spinach Quiche....yum!!!!

bstrent 03-14-2006 02:57 PM

I just ordered pizza! I've cooked every night for 2 week (that's a record for me) and couldn't come up with anything new, so pizza sounded easy!!!!