Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Food Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/food-talk-f70/)
-   -   "What are you making tonight for dinner" PART 2 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/food-talk-f70/what-you-making-tonight-dinner-part-2-a-t391035.html)

Josephsmom04 10-18-2008 07:04 AM

"What are you making tonight for dinner" PART 2

Since we hit over 5000 posts in our other one we need to start another thread.

If you are looking for the attachments for the combined recipes please see thread one here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=128923

When you post- we may ask for a recipe, hope you don't mind sharing. :D

So WHAT ARE YOU MAKING TONIGHT FOR DINNER?

Stampin_U.P._North 10-18-2008 10:25 AM

Woohoo! A second thread!

I have a baby shower to go to tonight and will have dinner there, but Ryan is going to make BBQ ribs and cheesy taters and baked beans (for Ashlynn) for them for dinner tonight.

jor 10-18-2008 10:27 AM

I've been following this thread off and on. My dinner is currently in the crockpot. It is a roast with carrots, onions, 2 cups beef broth, garlic and seasoned salt. I hope it is tasty. It smells good!

RiverRat 10-18-2008 10:33 AM

I think I'll go to Joannes house for dinner, that sounds yummy.

We are having pork chops, stuffing and a salad.

Hoth2os 10-18-2008 10:37 AM

marking my spot!
I did not make dinner last night, will not be cooking tonight but will be making homemade pizza in our new outdoor woodfired pizza oven on Sunday!

jor 10-18-2008 10:38 AM

Heather - yours sounds good, too!

stampingdenise 10-18-2008 10:42 AM

I grilled two gigantic steaks for dinner last night. We ate one and saved the second one for tonight! I'll probably make potatoes of some sort to go with it. And maybe garlic bread, too.

coffeeaddictsam 10-18-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor (Post 11735801)
I've been following this thread off and on. My dinner is currently in the crockpot. It is a roast with carrots, onions, 2 cups beef broth, garlic and seasoned salt. I hope it is tasty. It smells good!

Now you made me all confused- yesterday I was convinced I was going to have soup, this afternoon I knew I wanted stir fry, and now I can't decide between a stew/crockpot or a stir fry.

Josephsmom04 10-18-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeeaddictsam (Post 11736145)
Now you made me all confused- yesterday I was convinced I was going to have soup, this afternoon I knew I wanted stir fry, and now I can't decide between a stew/crockpot or a stir fry.

HA HA HA.

Evil aren't we. LOL

LetteringMama 10-18-2008 01:18 PM

Subscribing

JanTInk 10-18-2008 06:10 PM

Tonight we had popcorn, though I made DH grilled cheese again.

Tomorrow, who knows?

coffeeaddictsam 10-19-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 (Post 11736787)
HA HA HA.

Evil aren't we. LOL

:mrgreen: yup!

I had the casserole, with a cous-cous base. It was good.
Tonight is chicken Teryaki. Unless someone on here comes up with something more tempting.

Josephsmom04 10-19-2008 10:06 AM

I have to get to the grocery store. I think tonight will be leftovers and whatever else we can find.

The steaks last night we awesome- very tender and lots of flavor.

One day this week I am trying a recipe from the TS Comforting Classics recipe book: SLOW COOKED CHICKEN CACCIATORE

Everything Italian Marinara Sauce Mix
28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
6 bonless, skinless chicken boobs
1 green pepper
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced

Conbine first 3 ingred; set aside. Place chicken in a greased slow-cooker; top with prepared marinara sauce and remaining ingred. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours. Serve over hot rice or pasta.

There are also some other recipes in this book that I will try but I have to get some more items. :)

stampwithkristen 10-19-2008 02:21 PM

We're having chicken enchiladas, beans and rice. For dessert, it's yummy pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing.

Dione 10-19-2008 02:23 PM

Tonight I feel like macaroni and cheese (actually shells that I melt Cheese Whiz into....a childhood favorite), with fried garlic sausage. Not healthy, but comforting:)

JanTInk 10-19-2008 06:55 PM

We had hot dogs with Doritos...it must have been a day for unhealthy, LOL!

Tomorrow, I don't know what we'll have. I have another roast, but I don't want to make it tomorrow. I could make split pea soup...that would be easy, but then my kids would complain because they don't like it. :rolleyes:

Josephsmom04 10-20-2008 06:33 AM

Yum Jan,

I love Doritos!!!!

Tonight I will be making grilled sandwiches since I have a doctors appointment, I don't need to eat all the heavy stuff. ;)

Tomorrow night will be the Chicken Caccatori.

Hoth2os 10-20-2008 07:10 AM

last night we made pizzas in our wood fired pizza oven for the first time. It was a trial and error thing but they were good. They had great flavor, but were a little too thick for DH's liking. We went to a local NY style pizza place and bought the dough. We just couldn't get it thin enough. But the pizza oven was incredible. I can't wait to use it for more things. You can do roasts, breads, basically anything in there, it cooks SUPER fast and I won't have to heat up the house.

Tonight we are meeting some friends for dinner so I don't have to cook.

stampwithkristen 10-20-2008 08:45 AM

Looks like Michelle and I are on the same page. We will also be having Chicken Caccatori with garlic cheese bread and salad. I actually sat down and planned meals for this week. We'll see how well I stick to it. The weather makes it difficult to want to cook. Cold one day and hot the next. Guess that means it's Fall.

Kristen

Stef 10-20-2008 01:23 PM

Tonight DH has requested spaghetti and meatballs, so I'll be making that. Somewhat of a no-brainer since I'm cheating with the meatballs (premade) and the sauce (from a jar). I'll also be making a big salad and garlic bread. Mmm!

JanTInk 10-20-2008 07:16 PM

Tonight I had a meeting at church and a customer coming over to pick something up, so I went with scrambled eggs, sausage and toast.

Dione 10-20-2008 07:46 PM

Tonight I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. It was yummy and crunchy:)

coffeeaddictsam 10-21-2008 01:46 PM

I had bolognese- coincidentally so did DH but he is down route in Bologna so I bet his was nicer than mine!

Josephsmom04 10-21-2008 03:06 PM

I decided against the chicken caccatori for tonight and I am making tacos with all the fixin's.

Taco shredded cheese, nacho cheese, taco meat, lettuce, onions, black olives and taco shells

stampinhappy 10-21-2008 03:08 PM

I'm making chicken tetrazzini, garlic bread and broccoli tonight.

RiverRat 10-21-2008 03:13 PM

I haven't decided yet, I'm thinking cereal. Last night I made baked potatoes and served taco meat, cheese, onions, olives, salsa, sour cream on top.

Too bad we ate it all last night.

Dione 10-21-2008 03:23 PM

Tonight I am having a real dinner LOL. Doesn't happen too often, but I am making enough for leftovers so I can have it tomorrow too, and bring supper for Andy at work tomorrow.
I am making rice, rotisserie chicken wings from M and M Meat shops, and probably steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

JanTInk 10-21-2008 03:46 PM

It was shake 'n bake chicken, blue box Mac & Cheese, mixed veggies and pear halves today.

Stampin_U.P._North 10-21-2008 07:45 PM

I made creamy italian chicken in the crockpot for dinner tonight, served it over some noodles and had green beans as a side.

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 06:17 AM

Tonight is the Chicken Caccatori.

It's a gloomy day here and it will be nice to smell something cooking all day. :)

mustardseed 10-22-2008 07:12 AM

You forgot the salsa :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 (Post 11768280)
I decided against the chicken caccatori for tonight and I am making tacos with all the fixin's.

Taco shredded cheese, nacho cheese, taco meat, lettuce, onions, black olives and taco shells

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustardseed (Post 11774718)
You forgot the salsa :)

gasp!!!

we didn't have any. :(

cuccicoo1002 10-22-2008 04:15 PM

Found you!! :)

Tonight we had TS potato cheddar soup (with corn added in) and beer bread...yuuuummmmm... it was a cold windy day here (NY) and DH was outside 90% of the day working...it was a GREAT day for soup!

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 05:27 PM

The chicken caccatori needs to be made with fresh UNFROZEN chicken boobs incase anyone decides to make it.

I did make the Nana's apple cake mix with pumpkin instead of apples and frosted it with cream cheese frosting for pumpkin bars- I've had three already!!!!!!!!!! NOT GOOD for me, but OH SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuccicoo1002 10-22-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 (Post 11782080)
The chicken caccatori needs to be made with fresh UNFROZEN chicken boobs incase anyone decides to make it.

I did make the Nana's apple cake mix with pumpkin instead of apples and frosted it with cream cheese frosting for pumpkin bars- I've had three already!!!!!!!!!! NOT GOOD for me, but OH SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmm...this sounds good - how much pumpkin???

JanTInk 10-22-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 (Post 11782080)

OKay, this is not fair, I have a Nana's Apple Cake doin' nothin' in the cabinet and a can of pumpkin too...I'm lusting after these, you must TELL ALL!!! Recipe!!!

JanTInk 10-22-2008 06:18 PM

Oh, and we had Little Sleazer's...DH had an appointment and then a jam session and there just wasn't time to cook anything in time for him to eat before he left.

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 (Post 11782726)
mmmm...this sounds good - how much pumpkin???

1 cup. :D

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk (Post 11783025)
OKay, this is not fair, I have a Nana's Apple Cake doin' nothin' in the cabinet and a can of pumpkin too...I'm lusting after these, you must TELL ALL!!! Recipe!!!

Use it baby!!!

pre heat oven to 350

Take your Nana's apple cake mix

dump it out into a bowl

add 1 cup of canned pumpkin

add 2 eggs

stir

add mix to greased (calls for 8 x 8 pan) I use a bar 9 x 13 pan

bake for 35-40 mins or until toothpick comes clean

cool then frost with cream cheese frosting.

Eat THREE like me. :D

Josephsmom04 10-22-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk (Post 11783070)
Oh, and we had Little Sleazer's...DH had an appointment and then a jam session and there just wasn't time to cook anything in time for him to eat before he left.

I HATE when that happens ;)