Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Kitchen Aid Attachments?

I got my KA mixer for Christmas along with the slicer/shredder attachment. I have used the mixer MANY times but haven't used the attachment yet. Has anyone used the shredder? I'm thinking of using it to shred some lettuce for tacos tonight. Just wondering if anyone has done this and with what results. I hoping this will work 'cause I HATE to cut up lettuce for tacos. Thanks!!!

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!! :D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex
I got my KA mixer for Christmas along with the slicer/shredder attachment. I have used the mixer MANY times but haven't used the attachment yet. Has anyone used the shredder? I'm thinking of using it to shred some lettuce for tacos tonight. Just wondering if anyone has done this and with what results. I hoping this will work 'cause I HATE to cut up lettuce for tacos. Thanks!!!

I have only used the juicer and pasta maker and they work great, so I bet your shredded will be perfect too.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I use mine for coleslaw so know that cabbage comes out OK, but haven't tried lettuce. Keep us posted on the outcome - now I'm curious!!
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Mad Swapper

Well, I didn't get to use it last night. When I took the lettuce out of the fridge it was frozen!!! Guess I should turn the temp down some.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!! :D
Old 03-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex
Well, I didn't get to use it last night. When I took the lettuce out of the fridge it was frozen!!! Guess I should turn the temp down some.
I hate when that happens. I had a pepsi explode in the fridge the other day, mine was too cold too.

On your original subject..... I have never used it to shred lettuce, but I use it to shred cheese (I freeze it in managable sized portions) In the summer, I use it to shave ice and make snow cones. The slicer part works great for carrots and cucumbers. I have shredded carrots and zuchinni (carrot cake and zuchinni bread) Basically anything that needs to be shredded or sliced and is not the texture of a banana (that made a nasty mess) can be done with the attachments. I use the fine grater to shave the ice.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh I love my Kitchen Aid! I used it to shred zuchinini (sp).
Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess

I know that this thread is OLD but I'm about to buy my very first Kitchen Aid stand mixer and am SUPER excited. Where does everyone buy their KA attachments? I'm thinking of getting at least the juicer and the ice cream attachment. Can't wait!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

The ice cream attachment is awesome! I got my KA attachments at Kitchen Kaboodle

“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

okay - what is an ice cream attachment?

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #10
Matboard Maniac

I'm not sure shredding lettuce would work, but it's worth a try. Personally, I wouldn't want to set up the mixer, and wash the attatchment just to shred some lettuce. A good knife and a large cutting board would work better for me. The shredder works great for stuff like was already mentioned. Especially if you are making large batches of something, canning, freezing, etc.

I have used the grain mill- works great, meat grinder- works great, food mill-works great (esp for apple or tomato sauce). I'll have to look into the ice cream attatchment.

KellyH
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt
okay - what is an ice cream attachment?
I'm still a newbie to KA but it attaches to your mixer and makes ice cream in the bowl, once you have added all the appropriate ingreadients. Probably more
trouble than it's worth, but I'm a gadget junkie
Old 03-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmm I have an electric ice cream maker so I probably don't need that attachment. Thanks for the info.

Sue

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.