Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Flashback Fridays (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/)
-   -   SBVC62...Fabulous February...2.4.09 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/sbvc62-fabulous-february-2-4-09-a-t416949.html)

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 04:57 AM

SBVC62...Fabulous February...2.4.09
 
SBVC62... Fabulous February...2.4.09

Good morning scrapper friends! It's another wacky month of scrapping. Below is your list of holidays. This is a layout prompt. You do not need to take the picture on the day or use the day anywhere on your page as part of the title or journaling, but you may of course.

my sample:

Lucky? - I chose February 10th Umbrella Day


Have a great week!

you can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC62


SBC's Information Thread:

Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your question in this thread.
-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 04:59 AM

Holidays to choose from:

February 1 is . . . . . Serpent Day, National Freedom Day, GI Joe Day
February 2 is . . . . . Purification Day, Groundhog Day, Sled Dog Day
February 3 is . . . . . Cordova Ice Worm Day, The Day the Music Died Day, African American Coaches Day
February 4 is . . . . . Create A Vacuum Day, Thank a Mailman Day, National Girls & Women in Sports Day
February 5 is . . . . . Disaster Day, National Weatherman's Day
February 6 is . . . . . Lame Duck Day, Wear Red Day, Bubble Gum Day
February 7 is . . . . . Charles Dickens Day, Wave All you Fingers at Your Neighbor Day, Send a Card to a Friend Day
February 8 is . . . . . Kite Flying Day, Boy Scout Day, Laugh & Get Rich Day
February 9 is . . . . . Toothache Day, Clean out Your Computer Day, Read in the Bathtub Day
February 10 is . . . . Umbrella Day, Westminster Dog Show Day
February 11 is . . . . White Tee-shirt Day, Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day, Make a Friend Day, National Shut In Visitation Day, Satisfied Staying Single Day
February 12 is . . . . National Plum Pudding Day, Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, Safety Pup Day
February 13 is . . . . Get a Different Name Day, Dream Your Sweet Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Friday the 13th Day
February 14 is . . . . Ferris wheel Day, National Heart to Heart Day, National Organ Donor Day, Valentine's Day
February 15 is . . . . National Gum Drop Day
February 16 is . . . . Do A Grouch A Favor Day, Presidentís Day
February 17 is . . . . Champion Crab Races Day, Random Acts of Kindness Day, My Way Day
February 18 is . . . . National Battery Day, Pluto Day
February 19 is . . . . National Chocolate Mint Day
February 20 is . . . . Hoodie Hoo Day, Cherry Pie Day, Love Your Pet Day
February 21 is . . . . Card Reading Day, Clam Chowder Day, Single Tasking Day
February 22 is . . . . Be Humble Day, George Washington's Birthday, Walking the Dog Day, International World Thinking Day
February 23 is . . . . International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day, Tennis Day, Curling is Cool Day, National Personal Chef Day
February 24 is . . . . National Tortilla Chip Day, International Pancake Day, Mardi Gras Day
February 25 is . . . . Pistol Patent Day (Samuel Colt), Ash Wednesday, Inconvenience Yourself Day
February 26 is . . . . National Pistachio Day, Carnival Day, Tell a Fairy Tale Day, For Peteís Sake Day
February 27 is . . . . International Polar Bear Day, No Brainer Day
February 28 is . . . . Public Sleeping Day, Floral Design Day, National Tooth Fairy Day, Open That Bottle Night Day

taca410 02-04-2009 05:39 AM

I like these monthly holiday challenges..........really fun I see a few that bring a picture instantly to mind, thanks Peggy.

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410 (Post 12994110)
I like these monthly holiday challenges..........really fun I see a few that bring a picture instantly to mind, thanks Peggy.


thanks Candy, there are lots to choose from that's for sure. can't wait to see what you do.

princessp1971 02-04-2009 06:57 AM

Love these types of challenges! Thanks Peggy

Barbarar20 02-04-2009 07:14 AM

Hobby Horse
 
Here's mine!

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbarar20 (Post 12995385)
Here's mine!


this is adorable!

luvsmikey 02-04-2009 07:19 AM

Oh, this looks like fun. I'm getting started now.

taca410 02-04-2009 08:46 AM

I'm working on two albums one of My kids and one of theri kids (my GK's) I've picked 6 day's to use, don't know if I'll get them all posted but thanks again for the inspiration Peggy. I plan on starting on them sometime today:rolleyes: hopefully:)

Annie's Pantry 02-04-2009 09:44 AM

This is great idea for a challenge....

I choose:
February 8 is . . . . . Kite Flying Day, Boy Scout Day, Laugh & Get Rich Day

I'll be back soon!

luvsmikey 02-04-2009 10:54 AM

I chose Sled Dog Day ( Feb. 2)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=209450

TFL!

And now I'm off to work on some more.

kimmyek 02-04-2009 11:26 AM

There are so many good things to pick from but I just happened to be scrapping my daily journal for feb.2 so I decided to make it on Groundhog Day!

Groundhog Day

luvsmikey 02-04-2009 02:36 PM

When I saw the GI Joe day, I recalled seeing some pictures I took of my son when he was 4 with his GI Joes all lined up in bed with him. So here's one:


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=209450

TFL!

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsmikey (Post 12997999)
I chose Sled Dog Day ( Feb. 2)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=209450

TFL!

And now I'm off to work on some more.


great page!

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmyek (Post 12998350)
There are so many good things to pick from but I just happened to be scrapping my daily journal for feb.2 so I decided to make it on Groundhog Day!

Groundhog Day


wonderful job!

Favorite Grandma 02-04-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsmikey (Post 13000443)
When I saw the GI Joe day, I recalled seeing some pictures I took of my son when he was 4 with his GI Joes all lined up in bed with him. So here's one:


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=209450

TFL!


adorable, love sleeping pictures

taca410 02-05-2009 07:51 PM

Finally got one done I chose Feb. 10th umbrella day tfl http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=165144

Favorite Grandma 02-06-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410 (Post 13023282)
Finally got one done I chose Feb. 10th umbrella day tfl http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=165144


cute! kids are so funny......:D

taca410 02-06-2009 09:04 AM

I made this one for Feb. 28th "National tooth fairy day" TFL http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=165144

Favorite Grandma 02-06-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410 (Post 13027710)
I made this one for Feb. 28th "National tooth fairy day" TFL http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=165144


great page

princessp1971 02-07-2009 11:54 AM

I chose Feb. 1 and here is my GI joe! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821

princessp1971 02-07-2009 07:12 PM

Here is one for Feb 18th Pluto Day. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821

princessp1971 02-07-2009 07:32 PM

Peggy I have a question for you. For Feb 26th Tell a fairy tale day does it have to be a real fairy tale or can it be a day that was like a fairy tale to us?

Favorite Grandma 02-08-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 13043622)
Peggy I have a question for you. For Feb 26th Tell a fairy tale day does it have to be a real fairy tale or can it be a day that was like a fairy tale to us?

it can be anything - these are just page prompts, so if it gets you to thinking about some pictures to scrap, please feel free to go for it. ;)

Favorite Grandma 02-08-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 13043387)
Here is one for Feb 18th Pluto Day. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821


great page!

princessp1971 02-08-2009 01:39 PM

Here are three I did for a fairy tale day!

1:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=152821

Favorite Grandma 02-09-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 13048867)


great job getting 3 pages scrapped - wow!!!

Becky in NC 02-09-2009 05:37 PM

These crazy holidays are so much fun. I had so many photos to choose from. Here's my first for Champion Crab Races Day. Thanks Peggy!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=83188

Favorite Grandma 02-10-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky in NC (Post 13062705)
These crazy holidays are so much fun. I had so many photos to choose from. Here's my first for Champion Crab Races Day. Thanks Peggy!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=83188


love it Becky

Becky in NC 02-11-2009 05:37 AM

This challenge really motivated me this week. Here's three more.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=83188
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=83188
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=83188

Favorite Grandma 02-11-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky in NC (Post 13078662)


wow, you are really into these - fab job Becky!!!

wendella247 03-08-2009 08:20 AM

Well, this isn't even Feburary anymore, but I finally got around to scrapping these photos of my DGD in her dragon costume. I thought they were pretty fitting for Feb. 1 - Serpent Day!

Dragon Cutie

Thanks for all the word prompts, Peggy! :mrgreen:

Favorite Grandma 03-09-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 13355006)
Well, this isn't even Feburary anymore, but I finally got around to scrapping these photos of my DGD in her dragon costume. I thought they were pretty fitting for Feb. 1 - Serpent Day!

Dragon Cutie

Thanks for all the word prompts, Peggy! :mrgreen:


so adorable!

barbfarmd 03-14-2009 04:18 PM

Just wanted you to know that you provided the perfect inspiratrion - Disaster Day - for my photos. Thanks for all of your continuing inspiration!!! :)

Dance Disaster

Favorite Grandma 03-14-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbfarmd (Post 13430846)
Just wanted you to know that you provided the perfect inspiratrion - Disaster Day - for my photos. Thanks for all of your continuing inspiration!!! :)

Dance Disaster


great page!
glad to see you again Barb.

carabecca 03-24-2009 06:52 PM

Here's mine!

Favorite Grandma 03-24-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carabecca (Post 13530631)
Here's mine!


wonderful job Cara!

Military Wife 03-28-2009 10:44 AM

This one is late but it is for Feb 1 GI Joe Day.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=212117

Favorite Grandma 03-29-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Military Wife (Post 13572460)
This one is late but it is for Feb 1 GI Joe Day.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=212117


love your pages

here are the correct links


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...291223&cat=all

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1291222

eeddmm 04-10-2009 08:26 PM

Had to finish this tonight and had lots of fun thinking about when dd is going to view this one! I've chosen Feb 28 (Public Sleeping Day) for this lo.

BLACKMAIL

DD hid this photo years ago and I just happened to find it tonight when I started to take apart frames to see if I could find her Glamour Shots photos. This was even better! She told me it was behind another picture in a photo album but couldn't remember which one...we probably have a dozen albums! So....I never did figure out how she slept there for almost 1/2 hour without falling off! It was midnight when I heard her get up and go to the bathroom but I never heard her come back and since the light was still on, I got up to turn off the light and found her!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:06 PM.