Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Flashback Fridays (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/)
-   -   SBVC21...Let's be Negative...3.29.08 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/sbvc21-lets-negative-3-29-08-a-t336502.html)

Favorite Grandma 03-29-2008 12:38 PM

SBVC21...Let's be Negative...3.29.08
 
SBVC21...Let's be Negative..3.29.08

If you have purchased any chipboard from SU! or several other brands that you have to punch out you are like me and try to think of ways to use those left over pieces.

For this challenge I want you to use your negative pieces in some way.

The alphas are easy - just use what's left as another letter. The others are a bit trickier - here are some ideas:


my samples:

got Soul - traced around the flower negative (left after I'd used the flower) onto pp; doodled around the outside and curled the petals with scissors just like you do when you curl ribbons.

Katierella - did flowers same as on "got Soul" LO

Lucky - used negative alpha - filled empty space with 3-D puffy paint; takes a while to dry, so be patient!


5 min at Minnie's - backed alpha frame with pp


I can't wait to see your ideas!

you can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC21



SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!


The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your question in this thread.

jluvssu 03-29-2008 02:07 PM

ohhhh awesome Peggy!! Cannot wait to try this challenge!! Thanks so much!!!

Favorite Grandma 03-29-2008 02:19 PM

hope you will give it a try Jessica!

jluvssu 03-29-2008 02:29 PM

Your pgs. are so fantastic...I feel very inspired :-D

Favorite Grandma 03-29-2008 02:45 PM

thank you so much! can't wait to see what you do!

twocousins 03-29-2008 03:41 PM

Hi Peggy, here is my page for the variety challenge-- let's be negative.
What a great idea to use up these leftovers seeing as I never throw anything out! Thanks for all the inspiration in your work here on SCS.

Denise

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=101743

Favorite Grandma 03-30-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocousins (Post 9328254)
Hi Peggy, here is my page for the variety challenge-- let's be negative.
What a great idea to use up these leftovers seeing as I never throw anything out! Thanks for all the inspiration in your work here on SCS.

Denise

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=101743



awesome job on the challenge!

derck 03-30-2008 08:32 AM

Great challenge! Here is my page. I would definitely welcome any feedback - I tend to like "simple", but this seems to need one more little addition to really make it look finished.

Bubbles:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...rds&si=SBSC133

Favorite Grandma 03-30-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derck (Post 9334480)
Great challenge! Here is my page. I would definitely welcome any feedback - I tend to like "simple", but this seems to need one more little addition to really make it look finished.

Bubbles:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...rds&si=SBSC133


love your choice of papers

sapphire1968 03-30-2008 03:20 PM

OOh, great challenge! I always save the negatives but haven;t really used them. Can't wait to pick up my pics so i can get scrappin!

Salster 03-31-2008 12:47 PM

Nothing negative about this! :mrgreen:
SUPER idea for a challenge Peggy!!!

Favorite Grandma 04-01-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968 (Post 9338304)
OOh, great challenge! I always save the negatives but haven;t really used them. Can't wait to pick up my pics so i can get scrappin!


I've seen you use them on your pages; hope you get another page done soon.

Favorite Grandma 04-01-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salster (Post 9348110)
Nothing negative about this! :mrgreen:
SUPER idea for a challenge Peggy!!!


thanks Sally!

jluvssu 04-02-2008 05:20 AM

Here is my pg. I traced and colored in the inside of the negative pieces with the gold painty pen...does not show up very well. TFL!:-D

day dreaming

aprildawn 04-03-2008 08:55 PM

My page for this challange, don't know if it counts though?

Desert Garden

Favorite Grandma 04-04-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprildawn (Post 9395839)
My page for this challange, don't know if it counts though?

Desert Garden


love it!

Favorite Grandma 04-04-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluvssu (Post 9369462)
Here is my pg. I traced and colored in the inside of the negative pieces with the gold painty pen...does not show up very well. TFL!:-D

day dreaming


fantastic job!

derck 04-06-2008 02:36 PM

I used another one of my "negative" letters in a scrapbook sketch challenge - SBSC134.
Thanks again for the idea - and inspiration!

Mom and the boys:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...4787?nocache=1

Favorite Grandma 04-10-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derck (Post 9424907)
I used another one of my "negative" letters in a scrapbook sketch challenge - SBSC134.
Thanks again for the idea - and inspiration!

Mom and the boys:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...4787?nocache=1


great job with the challenge!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 PM.