Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Flashback Fridays (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/)
-   -   SBVC109 - Fabric of our Lives (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/sbvc109-fabric-our-lives-t477441.html)

princessdi69 01-23-2010 12:13 PM

SBVC109 - Fabric of our Lives

I want to off by thanking Donna (sapphire) for filling in for me last week. We had a death in the family and I asked her cover for me. I was hoping I would be on top of things this week for the challenge but life just isn't normal right now. Although I managed to get a page done for this week's challenge.

Again, I sorry for posting late.

Anyway, one of my other favorite crafts is sewing. I have quite the stash of fabric accumulating. I have seen in a couple of magazines lately where people are using fabric on their pages. For example, January 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes mag page 58 talkes about fabric and shows a fabric flower on page 59.

So your challenge this week is to use fabric on your page. It can be in strips, as "patterned paper", die cuts or a 3-D flower.

My sample: Cucina Italiana

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC109 Gallery

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any member of the SBCT (ScrapBook Challenge Team) via pm or simply post in this thread.
-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:
Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday/Monthly - Goals
Friday - Sketch

sapphire1968 01-23-2010 12:47 PM

Great challenge Diana. Hmm, will need to think on this one. I don't have much int he way of fabric but I have a few ideas that just might work

mholles 01-24-2010 04:29 AM

Great challenge. If I had some of that apron fabric then I could scrap the saga of getting them made. I'll have to think.

princessdi69 01-24-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles (Post 15969030)
Great challenge. If I had some of that apron fabric then I could scrap the saga of getting them made. I'll have to think.

I will throw some in the mail for you.

princessp1971 01-24-2010 06:47 AM

Sorry about the death in your family that is a hard thing to try and get back to "normal" from, don't worry about posting late. :) Interesting challenge but I will need to find some fabric as I do not sew!

princessdi69 01-24-2010 07:50 AM

Rememer the fabric can be anything. It can be a pocket off of an old pair of your childs favorite jeans. Maybe you childs had a fav pair of pajamas and you can not bare to toss them. Why not cut a piece off and use it on your page (then toss in the trash, but this way you still have a piece). Or if any of you need me to send you some fabric pm with your address. I can send a "secret" piece and you build your page around that.

wendella247 01-24-2010 12:22 PM

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Thanks for taking the time to make a page and post. I like this challenge and will work on getting a page done with this theme.

MsRabbott 01-25-2010 01:28 PM

Ooooh good idea! I have a shirt that shredded the last time I wore it... something I've held onto since High School but couldn't bear to part with. It's in my Fabric box and I've been meaning to make some punched flowers out of it. This will get me off my "But's" and get it done! Thanks!!

princessdi69 01-25-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRabbott (Post 15979184)
Ooooh good idea! I have a shirt that shredded the last time I wore it... something I've held onto since High School but couldn't bear to part with. It's in my Fabric box and I've been meaning to make some punched flowers out of it. This will get me off my "But's" and get it done! Thanks!!

I can not wait to see what you come up with...

princessdi69 01-25-2010 01:51 PM

Thanks Wendy & Patti. I hope both of you will be able to play and I am looking forward to some wonderful pages.