Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By kmatuschka
  • 2 Post By jeannemlehrman
  • 3 Post By rockie1
  • 1 Post By jan31
  • 2 Post By XcessStamps
  • 2 Post By jan31
  • 1 Post By Kate Stamps
  • 1 Post By duranfan
  • 1 Post By buggainok

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Wouldn't totally mind another baby...

But I'm too old (45). My youngest (of 3) is almost 10. Three times in the last year, I've been very "late". Every time, it makes me think of being pregnant. While it would be awful, I still really wouldn't mind. In a way it makes me sad, but then I remember that aside from my age there's the sleepless nights, hauling so much stuff around, finances, etc. I haven't had a period since early January, and have even had a couple days of queasiness/heartburn, but as of this morning I'm not pregnant. A good thing. I guess it's just hard to let go of the whole idea!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Insane Embellisher

I know a lot of my friends feel that kind of loss when they get to the point where pregnancy is no longer feasible due to life, age, or even a hysterectomy. I think as women and moms its hard to not miss babies
Old 04-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Kookie Creator

It IS hard to realize that you've had your last baby, BUT if you wait a few more years, you can have GRANDBABIES!!!! Trust me, they are SO much better. All the good parts of being a parent without all the bad stuff. It. Is. Awesome.
Granny Hawkins and westiemom like this post.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac

Another vote for grandbabies! They are amazingly wonderful little beings.
Granny Hawkins and kmatuschka like this post.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Rubber Obsessor

Count me in for grandbabies, too. Thye are the rewards of raising your children.
Granny Hawkins, kmatuschka and westiemom like this post.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

We never thought we would have grand kiddies but they are so wonderful, brings back all those memories of our boys at that age.
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
Mad Swapper

I went thru that stage too. Just wait a bit more, the new stage of just you and your husband is wonderful. All the children gone (while I do miss them at times), is a new stage in life that I love. We now travel, have date night, and eat out much more than before. And of course like the others, being a grandma is so much fun!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/XcessStamps
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

Claudia, you hit the nail on the head, while we miss the kids it's so nice to have time alone, I think all marriages need it, I still remember being excited to have just two hours to do our own thing.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
Kookie Creator

When my older girls were 12 and 14 I got pregnant. I was 37 when she was born... that was a long time ago when it was more unusual to have a baby that late. It was a real big change in my life, but I've loved it. She's now 36. By now I have great grandchildren and they're even better than grandchildren. I get to see them, love them and the mom's don't leave them with me for too long as I tire much more easily. All of them are absolutely beautiful and so well behaved.... well, most of the time. I do agree that a new season of life, the one without the children in the house, is wonderful. Even getting old is great if you embrace it. Yes, I have many of usual ills.... lots of arthritis in my hands, stiff in many other joints also, eyesight is dimming and congestive heart failure. Now, all of those things are quite manageable with meds, so life is great. Enjoy all of it.
Granny Hawkins likes this post.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #10
Crimping Master

Y'all are awesome. I appreciate all the responses. I had just told my dh it opulent be long before we would have grand babies. But hopefully it's at least 10 years away,lol. And yes, I know I'll enjoy the days of coming home from work and not having to do anything! Whenever I get overwhelmed, I tell myself that the day is coming when I'll have all the time in the world to read and scrapbook, my favorite things to do!
kmatuschka likes this post.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
Pearl-ExPert

I am having a battle of my own. I have boys that are 10 and 13 and I had a surprise daughter last July. Now I feel like I should have just one more so that my LO doesn't grow up alone. By the time she is starting school her brothers will be moving out. I feel like she will need someone at home to grow up with and not feel alone. I am only 36 and think I am pleny young enough to have more, but like you said there are finances, all the stuff you have to cart around, and loss of sleep. I also like you, can wait at least 10 years for grandbabies!!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwacker View Post
I am having a battle of my own. I have boys that are 10 and 13 and I had a surprise daughter last July. Now I feel like I should have just one more so that my LO doesn't grow up alone. By the time she is starting school her brothers will be moving out. I feel like she will need someone at home to grow up with and not feel alone. I am only 36 and think I am pleny young enough to have more, but like you said there are finances, all the stuff you have to cart around, and loss of sleep. I also like you, can wait at least 10 years for grandbabies!!
I hear what you are saying, and I had my daughter when my next youngest child, a son, was 12. He was the best big brother ever and adored her.

She was almost like an "only" child once he became a teenager and was off with his friends and other interests. But she is grown now, very happy and well adjusted with a family of her own. I don't think she minded being the total center of attention those last years she was home. She and I were very close during those years - and we still are.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
thwacker likes this post.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! I am sometimes a bit slow, but since I've come across this post I feel compelled to reply. First, you are not too old for babies. Though I will say not always very much fun
when you do get older. My son will be 7 in Nov. was most certainly quite the surprise! His older brothers are in their thirties. Needless to say that I was no spring chicken when I had the last. As for the older kids, there is no sign of settling down or grandkids at this point. Life goes on! Barb