Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default When spouses fight....

Hubby and I have been married 16 years. I have a chronic pain disorder known as Complex Regional Pain syndrome. He knew I had this disorder when we met. I have good and bad days dealing with pain, chronic fatigue ect. We fight constantly now for past 2 years about my craft stuff taking up room on kitchen table. He has one bedrm all to himself for his computer, books and telescope. And he has taken over the guest room with 9 guitars and all his work out gear. I pay some bills, but he pays more, like mortgage. when I asked for a corner in his office space, he said no, cause he make the house payment. His stuff all over the house and all he says is yea I know. My craft stuff being on the table really sets him off. When I am able to clean or purge some stuff, he gets mad, cause now there is more trash to take out. I can only do so much, w/o overdoing it. He doesn't want to compromise. I'm trying to organize my closet so I'll have space to store my craft stuff. But I was very sick for 3 years and I can't just do this in a week. Help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Inking Addict

Do you have an area that you could put a dedicated table for crafting? That way the kitchen table would be clear. I hate to say this but sounds as there is an underlaying problem. (been there with 1st husband). Would he go to couple counseling?

I will hold you up in prayer.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry you are having this problem. Hubby and I have been married 41 years and I think marriage should be a 50/50 thing. Things shouldn't be dictated by how many bills he pays and how many you pay. It's your home as much as his, or should be. You have a right to have space for your hobby the same as he has for his 9 guitars. Sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too. My hubby has been very supportive of my crafts as I have been of his tractor hobby, sometimes I think he spends too much on tractors, but I can't complain cause he doesn't argue when I spend on crafts. Sounds to me like your hubby is a little spoiled. Sorry but that is the way I see it...
God bless
Nyoka
Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

I like what Nyoka has said about how the bills are paid. After sixteen years of marriage it's an equal partnership not his and yours.
So he has two rooms and he gets angry when you use the kitchen table? (nine guitars? how many hands does this man have? ) Sounds like an easy problem to solve if he could clear a corner in one of those rooms!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Crimping Master

Hoping you are finding peace and a solution to your situation, I'm not sure what to even say except for I'm thinking of you! Much Love and Respect! XO
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

I am sorry you are having this problem. Is there a corner you can clear out in your bedroom, or perhaps in a basement?