Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Update: wedding is over and the two nasty sisters

Hello friends!
My son's wedding last weekend was fantastic and went off without a hitch! I was so proud of him, his wife, and my other two children. I have posted before about the issues with two of my sisters and wondered if you wanted a wedding update? So here goes:
I have two brothers. One drove 10 hours with his wife and two children to attend the wedding, stayed two nights in a hotel, and had a great time. Another brother drove two hours to the wedding and reception and also enjoyed himself.
I have three sisters. One flew in from Dallas (wedding was in Minnesota) and she left today. I love her so much. Such a kind and gentle soul! Then there are the two other sisters You might remember them from my mom's party. They went back and forth "we are coming" "we are not coming" for several weeks. Finally, my mom told them we need a commitment to guarentee the food. I was nervous about this as the dinner was about $35 a plate and I could see them RSVPing yes and not coming. Nastiest sister sent my son an email saying the four of them would be attending. My son sent back this: Dear ******, We are so happy that you are coming to our wedding! We are looking forward to seeing you! I know you have some kind of issue going with my mom and I trust you won't be involved with any awkward displays or exchanges that might spoil the biggest day of my life. Thanks and see you soon!
Well , somehow she turned that into a RUDE AND NASTY EMAIL and they weren't coming (I admit I was happy to hear this although I did worry that they would just show up) and the other sister sent a nasty email to my son saying "since your mom has made this all about her, we will not attend" followed by a few nasty comments about me. My son was angry and sent me his drafted email in response. I asked him to please not send it as it would just fuel her fire and that was what she wanted. So he didn't. Neither attended the wedding. Neither has sent a card either.
But the wedding was more than lovely! I will soon post some pics of things I created for the wedding..... if I can figure out where to post them.
Thanks for letting me share with you! I wish I didn't have such a dysfunctional family (at least those two) but I believe I got their point. Sounds like they are done with my family.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

Ugh, I'm sorry but then again I'm happy for you, it sounds like having them there would have been added stress. I know my mom had a lot to worry about at my wedding and wouldn't have needed any extra stress the drama would have brought. Your son's e-mail was very mature and forthcoming so he did the right thing. Your sister may have blown it out of proportion no matter what he wrote IMHO.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
SCS Swap Moderator

Good thing you have a few good siblings to make up for the less than stellar ones!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

So glad that you and your son were able to enjoy the day. I followed the whole story about your moms party and I must say, your sisters make my own sister look like an angel. Thanks for posting an update! Truly, how sad for your sisters that they live their lives with so much negativity!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

So glad your son's wedding went well. Your sisters sound like very unhappy people, and it's good that they didn't attend. Your son did the right thing by sending that email. God Bless all of you.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Matboard Maniac

Default wow.....

Wow - - and here I thought my husband and I had the market cornered on dysfunctional family members who are (take your pick, we've got them all!!) - - rude, self-centered, mean, nasty, two faced, selfish, spoiled, and greedy (gee sounds like the seven dwarfs!)

Anyway, glad it went well. Also glad your sisters didn't attend - less stress and more enjoyment for you!

Your son's email was very diplomatic and succinct - right to the point, not rude, not mean. Isn't it funny how most of us read things one way and the rest read things totally different and get it all wrong?

Hugs to you!!

Mary
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Sis
Insane Embellisher

The real people who count showed up...the sisters would have pulled something ugly even if they tried not to. You can't change the stripes on a zebra and for sure your son doesn't need a gift from either of them. Enjoy life and don't go with toxic people even if you are related.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

Do you have the saying in the US ?
"you can choose ya friends but not ya family "
So so true ...sometimes you have to let em go as you cant do anything that would please them ...make it better or heal the gap !!