Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Suggestions/Input for MIL to be.....

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend's daughter is getting married in September. Kristine is an only child, 29 years old and lives 6 hours from her mom and dad. They have only met her future husband seven times over the past two years. They don't have a bond with him and my girlfriend isn't excited about the wedding and is really trying hard to get excited and be happy.

It's a very small wedding, family and close friends - 60 people. Kelly (my girlfriend) isn't really involved in the wedding...the bride and groom have planned it all. The bride lives in the same city as her future in-laws and the groom is very close to his family.

I need suggestions/feedback/input on what I can do to help my girlfriend get excited. It's her only child and daughter and she should be feeling happy. I think she should be...I've never gone through this yet but I would think that I would be excited when my son gets married....hopefully...right...lol.

I was thinking that I would find a mother of the bride card....or make her one...lol. She already has her dress but I suggested we go get our make up done, I feel like I need to change my make up as I'm getting older...lol. Anything ideas would be a big help.

Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Rubber Obsessor

Karen,
Do you have an email address I can email you directly?
Thank you .
Mary
Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Stampin' Fool

How about hosting a bridal shower? Does the bride-to-be have friends in your area to invite? Did she grow up in the area? Also invite mother-of-the-bride's close friends.

If you don't think that is a good idea, how about a pre-wedding pampering/girls day out? Pedicure, manicure, make-up, shopping (maybe for a wedding outfit accessory - necklace, earrings, bracelet, bag or something for the mom and whoever else might go along) and a lunch or out to dinner?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleGirls View Post
How about hosting a bridal shower? Does the bride-to-be have friends in your area to invite? Did she grow up in the area? Also invite mother-of-the-bride's close friends.

If you don't think that is a good idea, how about a pre-wedding pampering/girls day out? Pedicure, manicure, make-up, shopping (maybe for a wedding outfit accessory - necklace, earrings, bracelet, bag or something for the mom and whoever else might go along) and a lunch or out to dinner?
There is a shower being planned...held at a chocolatier's...I think this is a great idea but I will be away the day they have it.

But I really like the idea of a Mother of the Bride luncheon or dinner. I could host it and invite our girlfriends and we'll get her excited.

We're also going to a make up session.

Thanks for your suggestions.