Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Family Matters (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/)
-   -   Suggestions/Input for MIL to be..... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/suggestions-input-mil-t557419.html)

simvan 07-11-2012 10:32 AM

Suggestions/Input for MIL to be.....

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend's daughter is getting married in September. Kristine is an only child, 29 years old and lives 6 hours from her mom and dad. They have only met her future husband seven times over the past two years. They don't have a bond with him and my girlfriend isn't excited about the wedding and is really trying hard to get excited and be happy.

It's a very small wedding, family and close friends - 60 people. Kelly (my girlfriend) isn't really involved in the wedding...the bride and groom have planned it all. The bride lives in the same city as her future in-laws and the groom is very close to his family.

I need suggestions/feedback/input on what I can do to help my girlfriend get excited. It's her only child and daughter and she should be feeling happy. I think she should be...I've never gone through this yet but I would think that I would be excited when my son gets married....hopefully...right...lol.

I was thinking that I would find a mother of the bride card....or make her one...lol. She already has her dress but I suggested we go get our make up done, I feel like I need to change my make up as I'm getting older...lol. Anything ideas would be a big help.

Karen

mbm103 07-11-2012 05:44 PM

Karen,
Do you have an email address I can email you directly?
Thank you .
Mary

My3LittleGirls 07-14-2012 04:32 PM

How about hosting a bridal shower? Does the bride-to-be have friends in your area to invite? Did she grow up in the area? Also invite mother-of-the-bride's close friends.

If you don't think that is a good idea, how about a pre-wedding pampering/girls day out? Pedicure, manicure, make-up, shopping (maybe for a wedding outfit accessory - necklace, earrings, bracelet, bag or something for the mom and whoever else might go along) and a lunch or out to dinner?

simvan 07-15-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleGirls (Post 19555882)
How about hosting a bridal shower? Does the bride-to-be have friends in your area to invite? Did she grow up in the area? Also invite mother-of-the-bride's close friends.

If you don't think that is a good idea, how about a pre-wedding pampering/girls day out? Pedicure, manicure, make-up, shopping (maybe for a wedding outfit accessory - necklace, earrings, bracelet, bag or something for the mom and whoever else might go along) and a lunch or out to dinner?

There is a shower being planned...held at a chocolatier's...I think this is a great idea but I will be away the day they have it.

But I really like the idea of a Mother of the Bride luncheon or dinner. I could host it and invite our girlfriends and we'll get her excited.

We're also going to a make up session.

Thanks for your suggestions.