Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Family Matters (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/)
-   -   Oh, help, I think I flushed a pair of kids' underwear! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/oh-help-i-think-i-flushed-pair-kids-underwear-t255476.html)

pryor208 06-07-2007 08:23 AM

Oh, help, I think I flushed a pair of kids' underwear!

My brain must have been off for a minute, cause I could have sworn that I pulled them out after rinsing the poo off. The little boy I watch is potty-training, and he's still not quite figured out the not poo-pooing in underwear (which stinks, in all ways!). So today I went to rinse off the poo in the potty so there wouldn't be so much on the underwear when they got washed up...
I flushed the poo that washed off them, but now I can't for the life of me find the dirty pair of underwear. The toilet seems to be flushing fine, but AAAAHH!!! I'd hit my head on the wall if there weren't two 2yr olds here to imitate me and they'd probably really hurt themselves. *SIGH*

Did I ruin the toilet?

pryor208 06-07-2007 08:35 AM

When you finish laughing with me, please tell me if it will ruin the toilet... ;)

pryor208 06-07-2007 08:39 AM

*sigh* And apparently Google can't help me on this one, cause I've tried all sorts of searches to see what anyone else has said on the subject, which is next to nothing, not even that it does for sure cause toilet problems eventually. At least I'm original at what trouble happens around here...

frosted_gorilla 06-07-2007 08:50 AM

They may not bother it now, but other stuff could get hung up on them as time goes by. Could someone snake it for you and see if they catch the drawers?

pryor208 06-07-2007 09:40 AM

I'll see if I can get someone to run a snake down there to check. It's been flushing fine, which is making me think that it's all a bad dream, if not for the fact that the dirty underwear are nowhere to be found so that's where they have to be. The toilet flushes really strongly, more than any I've seen, so they may be long gone.

Novell 06-07-2007 09:40 AM

Do you have dogs? My dogs are always stealing underwear. If the toilet is flushing fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

pryor208 06-07-2007 10:12 AM

No dogs, lol. I can't imagine having a dog who swipes underwear all the time.

It's nice to have such a group of stampers to confess to, cause I had to tell someone, but this is the kind of story that I'll want to forget by the time that I have kids. ;)

gapeach30120 06-07-2007 10:47 AM

Dont laugh.. But I think I flushed my panties one time.. I had them on the back of the toilet while I was showering and when I got out I couldnt find them and that was over 2 yrs ago.. I think I flushed them and my toilet has been working just fine.. If I didnt know any better, I wouldve thought they grew legs and walked away!!!

Tara

Chef Mama 06-07-2007 11:38 AM

I went to look at a house tonight & we talked about how you can get new toilets from our water dept. for free! The home owner said he saw one at an event that they will give to groups like non-profit that will flush down (safely) all kind of things like tennis balls!

Hopefully all is well with the poopy pants in the potty!

johnandlisag 06-07-2007 12:36 PM

well as the mom of 5 boys all kinds of things have went down to never be seen again. Lots of undies and sock....the only thing that bothered it was a Ninja Turtle but those guys were kind of big. DH had to pull toiled up and it was stuck there.

Lisa

mjc1273 06-07-2007 01:02 PM

Hi neighbor

My 8 y/o ds loves looking to see where locations are from members on SCS. While reading this post he says "Springdale, AR". I say mmm uh & kept reading about the missing poopy pants. I look at your location & much to my surprise I see your the one from S'dale. I'm in Lowell.

I've never flushed any pants however I did forget once to put new panties back on dd when she was in the potty training stage. We were just heading out to grandparents for a dinner & we get there & her uncle picks her up & then says to me "I think Stephanie took off her underwear". DUH it dawns on me that I'd forgotten to put more panties on her cuz on the way out the door she had an accident.

If the toliet is flushing I'd forget about it & tell his mom that you'll replace them if she wants you to. Always good to have an extra few on hand in case you flush anymore lol
Missi

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryor208 (Post 6052201)
My brain must have been off for a minute, cause I could have sworn that I pulled them out after rinsing the poo off. The little boy I watch is potty-training, and he's still not quite figured out the not poo-pooing in underwear (which stinks, in all ways!). So today I went to rinse off the poo in the potty so there wouldn't be so much on the underwear when they got washed up...
I flushed the poo that washed off them, but now I can't for the life of me find the dirty pair of underwear. The toilet seems to be flushing fine, but AAAAHH!!! I'd hit my head on the wall if there weren't two 2yr olds here to imitate me and they'd probably really hurt themselves. *SIGH*

Did I ruin the toilet?

row4d 06-07-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gapeach30120 (Post 6053988)
Dont laugh.. But I think I flushed my panties one time.. I had them on the back of the toilet while I was showering and when I got out I couldnt find them and that was over 2 yrs ago.. I think I flushed them and my toilet has been working just fine.. If I didnt know any better, I wouldve thought they grew legs and walked away!!!

Tara

I was trying to figure out how this could happen, and then I realized they must have been sitting on top of the tank and got knocked into the open bowl somehow. I keep the seat lid closed!

To the OP, if the toilet's not backing up, then I'm sure everything is fine. Is it one of the newer low-flow toilets? If so, I'd just keep a close watch on things for a day or so and if everything continues to run smoothly then no worries! :)

pryor208 06-08-2007 07:41 AM

lol...it's not just me, then. :)
So far the toilet is still working fine. The parents just about fell over laughing when I told them. Thank goodness they're so easy-going. I always thought it was the dryer that ate stuff, but I guess the toilet was feeling a little left out. ;)

buggab0o0 06-08-2007 08:00 AM

well if it acts up get some to snake it, or call and ask a plumber how much drano is safe to poor down a toilet, if they have septic make sure it gets treated with some of that stuff you flush thats supposed to help with cleaning the septic....

My stepbrother flushed the tupperware tumbler cups and matchbox cars and flooded half of my dads house... LoL

ScrappinAubrey 06-09-2007 03:51 PM

A long time ago, when my DH and I lived in a rental, we had some trouble with our toilet. It didn't start when we 1st lived there but did get worse over time. It got so bad that raw sewage backed up into our shower. It was really gross. Our landlord had a plumber come out and he snaked out the toilet. He found a coke can. Some one previous to us tried to flush a coke can!

The point of my post is that while you may not be having problems now, they may crop up in the future. Good luck.