Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Prayers Please....

Hi everyone, I don't post normally, but there is so much going on right now we need a lot of prayers. First off our 32 yr old daughter started battling Laryngeal cancer a year ago. In January they told her she was in remission & took her off her chemo & radiation treatments and her other medication. By mid February they had told her she was no longer in remission & that her cancer has spread. Where at first it was only in her throat and larynex, It was now in her lungs, stomach, & bladder. Since then it has now spread top her large intestine, jaw, and brain. We had also been informed that our son(who he & his wife are now expecting his first child in February)was going to be deploying to Afghanistan for a second tour. Thanks to God's grace and God's grace alone, he will be among the very few that stay at the base here in the states and help keep it safe & in good standing. On the downside, one of his best friends from here at home is now on life support after a terrible auto accident this past Thursday. Upon impact, one of the young man's heart valves was all but completely severed from the heart. The doctors have said he is very, very lucky to be alive. That 80% of people this happens to, die. As God would have it, it fell back in place. Upon arrival to the hospital he underwent immediate heart surgery, then they had to repair his leg. His knee cap was broken in half and they had to do a "figure 8" to get it back together. Also, the bone between the knee and the hip was broken and shoved up to his hip. The surgeons had to pull the bone back down and insert a rod. He has many fractures in his face and they have found something wrong with his other leg now. The doctors keep trying to take him off the respirator and his blood pressure & heart rate continue togo through the roof at every attempt. Please pray for these wonderful young people & the families. Especially our daughter's 3 children. The young man has no children. Thank you in advance.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Gabfest Goddess

I am praying for all of these people today. God bless you with peace in the midst of this, too! Hugs!!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Thank you so much! It truly means so very much!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac

My heart, prayers and daily thoughts go to you, your family and friends. I will especially pray for you for the strength needed to be the rock that your family depends. Jeanne
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Praying for you and sending hugs.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.