Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default PART 5: I'm the survivor!!! Getting through ups and downs of separation/divorce...

Welcome to Part 5 of our journey It's been almost a year since I started this thread and boy, what a year it's been!!! Let the support continue!!! Let friendships bloom

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)

Last edited by Siberian Stamper; 06-01-2008 at 11:31 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Good morning Anna! I am thinking of when the first thread started, and how desperate I felt. Each day took every ounce of my being, to get through. What a year+ it has been.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to cletracloversgirl

Hey Anna and all......It has been 2+ years since my divorce was final...just about 3 years since the separation.... I have grown as a person and a woman. I have blossomed into a wonderful me! I no longer wonder who I am and I no longer wonder what my purpose in MY life is. I am happy and I am content and I am so much in love. It took a terrible thing in my life to figure all of this out. Am I sorry? No not actually. I feel bad for my kids for all of their heartache and grief..they have really gone through the mill with all of the ups and down of the divorce. The 2 oldest boys are getting along pretty well..they like to stay busy either at home or at a friends house. My daughter is the one that is trying us at the moment. She has terrible mood swings...hormones but she needs to get over that a bit. My youngest son, is a sweet cuddly guy. He has his moments too.All in all we have survived too! YAY! How are the rest of our group? Taishea
Old 05-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow....it's only been 4 months for me, but 4 months ago I couldn't imagine getting through a day without crying! I'm not healed and not a survivor yet......but I will be!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Everyday is a step to the future, your new future. You're all making progress. Change is almost always scarey, but you all are laying the foundation for your future. Listen to your still small voice, it will always lead you in the right direction. I didn't listen to mine & got into a second marriage that was very wrong for me. I thought I wanted someone that was the exact opposit of my 1st... boy was I wrong . I forgot about the good things about him. The good thing that came out of my 2nd marriage is that I learned more about my self (2 years of marriage counseling helped me a lot also, didn't help the marriage, but it sure was an eye opener for me). I finally figured out what I didn't want, what I deserved, and how I wanted & needed to be treated. I'm finally married to my best friend, he treats me with respect, love, & most importantly he treasures me. He isn't selfish (like the first 2), that is really important to me. So....... ladies, continue on your road to self discovery, & independance, it truely is a good road to be on, even with all the bumps in it. I admire everyone of you for your courage. You all deserve to have a future filled with everything that is good.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

May 31st was a one-year-anniversary of my D-Day... I'll remember that day for as long as I live but I won't let it ruin my life after I'm finally becoming the woman I was destined to be: strong, independent and self-confident... I can laugh again and boy does it feel good to be able to!!! I am past the anger and in the stage of sadness over the end of my marriage but I can clearly see my future and it looks good My son seems to have adjusted well to his new lifestyle and I love the bond we two share - something I'll always have and cherish I hope you all can take a look at the months behind and see that you're on your way to recovery

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I feel the same about April 26. Although 3 days before turning 50, I will not stop. I am moving on...
Old 06-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Hardware Hotshot

Hi, Ladies!

Just popping in to see what's been going on. I've just got a minute. But must say that this week went by a little better ~ not any 'big' drama (none at least that has been kept in my brain to stew over...)

My oldest is doing the whole mood swings thing & I'm thinking I really should start a journal & make note of her feelings on a daily basis. What I'm curious about is how long the 'hormones' & mood swings last before the big Period starts? Anyone know? I've just started on this road so any books or websites you can recommend would be great!

Thanks, time to get the kiddos in bed~ Night-Night!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
Stampin' Fool

Hi All!

I have been AWOL for a while because I haven't had a computer that worked. We were hacked and I had to rebuild them. I still have one left.

My changes for the year are:

1. My yard looks great!
2. I have learned more about computers and rebuilding them than I ever wanted to know.
3. I don't veg in front of the TV anymore.
4. My lupus hasn't flared up in over a year.
5. I am slowly learning to control my fibro.
6. I have one room painted and decorated.
7. I have figured out a way to fix the debt issue without trashing my credit.
8. My kiddo is still growing and is getting good grades.
9. I am ready to give something of myself and volunteer.
10. I am happy every day!
11. The doggies are happy too.
12. My SU! business is in the dumper, but I feel like I can get it back on track in the next few months.
13. I feel empowered in every aspect of my life.

Is that enough?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #10
Rubber Obsessor

I'm 3 years post seperation, 1 year post divorce. Praying for a miracle that my ex won't have his HUGE wedding in 3 weeks and that we can put our family back together. What's wrong with me?!?!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:05 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallymac568 View Post
I'm 3 years post seperation, 1 year post divorce. Praying for a miracle that my ex won't have his HUGE wedding in 3 weeks and that we can put our family back together. What's wrong with me?!?!
I don't think there's anything "wrong" with you. Each of us takes our own amount of time to heal. You have to grieve for the loss of the dream - the perfect family, etc. To be honest with you, I think I'd feel the same way! I think it's perfectly normal to want what you had. There are days when I wish we could go back to the way it used to be too, especially because he's much nicer to me now than before. Look at it this way, huge wedding or not, his next marriage is likely to fail - statistic wise.
Hang in there...I hope you have something fun planned with friends for that day. It's OK to cry you know.....
Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 AM   #12
Crimping Master

Quote:
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU! It is ok to still have those feelings of doubt...wondering if you did the right thing....wondering what is going on and why can he get remarried and you are not.....believe you me I had so many of the same feelings when the x decided that he was going to get married again...he has been engaged since 3 months of moving out of the marital residence.... That made me sick and then to see the ring she had...10 times the size of the one he got me! I am not a real flauntingly person, but it still hurt to see the ring!
Is he happy truly happy? no...she is a control freak and does not want anything much to do with the 4 kiddos! I do not know id your x is happy or not, usually they are not..they put up a front and really try to make themselves believe that they are happy...they seemingly have the perfect world and in reality it is in shambles!

Hang in there! LIke Jen said, most likely this relationship will fail too. I am sorry you are having the feelings like you are and being so troubled by them....it is hard to move on ....We are all here to support you and listen to your heart as it hurts! Come back and join our group! Taishea
Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am running off to work, more very soon, KATIE WOW.....you sound so good!! Yeah!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiestamper View Post
Hi All!

I have been AWOL for a while because I haven't had a computer that worked. We were hacked and I had to rebuild them. I still have one left.

1. My yard looks great!
2. I have learned more about computers and rebuilding them than I ever wanted to know.
12. My SU! business is in the dumper, but I feel like I can get it back on track in the next few months.

Is that enough?
Katie,
Wow! You sound so strong and terrific! I wish I had your strength! Good for you....keep on growing!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiestamper View Post
Hi All!

1. My yard looks great!

Is that enough?
Good for you Katie! It is so good to hear the upbeat you and all of your personal accomplishments! WOO HOO! Taishea
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #16
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Everyone,

Part 5 eh? I think I am still stuck somewhere in "Part 3" ha ha.

Katiestamper---You go girl! I wish I was where you are. I am still up one minute and down the next. I should make a list though to see how different I was from last year. My "official" date is June 16th--that's when the ex decided he wanted out and moved downstairs. He moved out of the house on June 28th, and we signed separation papers on July1. I am not as sad as I was then, but don't feel like I am "right" yet.

Jen, thanks for the support and positive comments.

Sallymac--I am about a year post separation and getting ready for the divorce. That can be filed for July 1st. I am still more focused on what "he " does than what I am doing, and I realize that is a blocker to success. I just try to muddle through and make it to the next day. I hope daily to wake up and not care about "him" anymore and focus more on my future and my happiness. I don't think there is anything wrong with you, I think everyone heals at their own rate. I am in the running for taking the longest--ha!!

I am the MOST self-realized person around, it is just getting the results and knowing what to DO that hangs me up.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday. Pretty good day-so far- for me. I will check in tomorrow!!
Teri
Old 06-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #17
Crimping Master

The thing that was the hardest for me to realize is this...most of us women were blind sided with the x wanting to be out of the marriage. They had already had the time to think out THEIR plan of attack. They had already fell out of love with us and they already had an other life started. They had already left the marriage emotionally. What that did to us was throw our live and kids lives into the wringer and they did not care enough to help to pull us out......so that is what I think about the guys...

Girls...we are women and we are great women at that! We were built to survive, but each at her own rate....stay strong and stay focused..even if it is one day at a time....some day it will be the far future,but do not rush it please..heal and learn to be happy with your self first..then the right man will come along..if you are in the market to be looking again! Taishea
Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #18
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via MSN to JocelynM Send a message via Yahoo to JocelynM Send a message via Skype™ to JocelynM

Well it's been quite the year....here it is in review (more for my sake than anyone's!)
May 2007 - ex left our home for a new job 17 hours away.
June/July 2007 - saw dramatic changes in children's attitudes, behaviours and confidence levels; I went off antidepressants, began to feel more confident, had a few eye opening experiences with regards to the state of my marriage and the abuse going on in it
End of July 2007 - had final "straw that broke back" fight with ex-dh wherein he told me not to bother calling him again until I was ready to be a "proper" wife (translation: let him boss me around and not question him or have an opinion of my own, just be quiet and do my "job"); made decision I needed to be done with this marriage for the sake of my mental health and that of my children.
August 1/2007 - official date of separation
August - December 2007 - moved in with parents, sold house, divided $$, divided property, fought over custody, went into hiding for a time due to ex's unpredictable anger and threats to take the kids, got a new job, left new job (co-worker could be charged with sexual harrassment - I was tired of fighting and didn't bother), got yet another new job, went on a couple dates; met my now boyfriend but we were just friends
January 2008 - started dating a dufus, ended that after 3 weeks!; things started to calm down with ex a bit; job going well; continued developing friendship of now boyfriend
February 2008 - still on the "hunt" for someone to rescue me from my life but the frog turned into a toad, not a prince; now-boyfriend still "just a friend" only now has become #1 person I talked to; job still going okay; a little hiccup with the ex but smoothed over with letters flying between lawyers
March 2008 - Friend turns into boyfriend; I finally start to feel like I am actually healing and leaving the past in the past; moved out of my parents house
April 2008 - things still going well with BF; starting to have rumblings with the ex again but nothing the lawyers can't handle
May 2008 - my kids & BF's kids meet, have a bit of a hiccup with regards to BF (still there - hoping to resolve one way or the other this week), I am stronger than ever and doing well, got a HUGE surprise from government in bank account - managed to pay off VISA with it and purchase a few things for me and kids
June 2008 - Last of my stuff is "home" from up north where we were living prior to separation; things might change with BF but more on that.....getting ready to finish ironing out details for everything pre-divorce

And there we are. It just hit me today that I have not lived in the same house as my ex for just over a year now (he left May 27 for Vancouver). WOW! Despite some of the stress/anxiety/fear I felt between August 1 - December, this has been the best year of my life (or of at least the last 10). And I can see it only getting better. And it's so encouraging to look back and realize that I WILL SURVIVE. I AM SURVIVING!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #19
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via MSN to JocelynM Send a message via Yahoo to JocelynM Send a message via Skype™ to JocelynM

I came to realize something between last night and today.....

While I have done really well in terms of healing and moving on and unlearning bad habits developed out of a need to survive while married, one thing I have been doing that isn't healthy is looking for someone to rescue me....a Knight in Shining Armour to come along on his trusty steed and sweep me off my feet and to take my kids and I into his life and together create a beautiful perfect family.

WELL DUH!!! My kids and I are a beautiful perfect family JUST AS WE ARE because WE are our family. And no man is going to come in and make things "better"....I have to do that on my own. It is all up to me. NO ONE is going to rescue me. I have to do this on my own and do it all well so that when/if that "perfect" person does come into our lives, they can just be themselves and we can just be together. No pressure or unrealistic expectations for anyone. And then we will just change the way our perfect family looks to include another person (or persons if that person has kids too). Being a single mom is tough....but wishing for and looking for someone to rescue me only makes it harder on all of us. So....

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! hahaha

I've been doing some big time thinking over hte last two weeks and I really don't know if my boyfriend and I are going to make it for a variety of reasons and I am okay with that. But I'll let you know what happens! I'll have a definite on that by the end of the week.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
Crimping Master

Jocelyn, you have hit the nail on the head...only you can rescue you and your family...you are growing as a woman and as a mother...sorry to hear about teh new BF almost not working out....hang in there someone will come along that is perfect for your family....Taishea
Old 06-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #21
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletracloversgirl View Post
Jocelyn, you have hit the nail on the head...only you can rescue you and your family...you are growing as a woman and as a mother...sorry to hear about teh new BF almost not working out....hang in there someone will come along that is perfect for your family....Taishea
I don't know that it's not working out....just have some issues we need to deal with that I may be making into bigger deals than they need to be. I'm just having a hard time with the long distance and the fact that distance can sometimes make things appear bigger than they really are as far as issues go. but we'll see. Going to have to talk to him tonight....and see if we can't figure it out together.

However, the rest still stands....it's kinda cool how a person can keep recognizing things and growing from them no matter what is going on in their life! I do have to say that I am very thankful for a man who is supportive of those growth moments and changes. The woman he loves is only becoming a better woman....what man wouldn't be supportive of that?? A stupid one!!!

Goign to a movie with my parents tonight....have a great evening eveyrone!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Katie, you're my hero!!! Nice job on everything Keep it up!!!

Jocelyn, I realized the exact same thing about men after my rebound was lived through and left behind... No man or any other person for that matter is going to come and change my world - I'm the only one who has that power!!! It's just another crutch used to ease the recovery process - some start drinking, some become religious out of the blue, some turn to meds... you get the idea... None of the above are the answer... Our mind over matter is

Karen, Taishea, Teri and all - good to hear your updates!!! Keep posting!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
Pearl-ExPert

OK, my turn to review the past year:
1)Spring-Summer 2007: found out about DH's affair, confronted him, kicked him out... Hired a lawyer, filed for divorce, went through an emotional hell, tried my hardest to keep it together with the help of my amazing counselor...
2)Fall 2007: finished my driver's ed, went home to Russia to check out the option of moving back, enjoyed a 3+ week rebound with an extremely intelligent guy, started writing a book, finally got my anger under control...
3)Winter 2007-2008: bought my first ever car, went on a few fun dates, finished my book, met my wonderful BF, completely potty trained my kiddo, shovelled a ton of snow LOL!!!
4)Spring 2008: turned 32, saw Niagara Falls, did a lot of work on my house, decided to go back to school, enjoyed Mother's Day... realized that I am almost free by signing the last version of our agreement...
Life is good because that's what I make of it!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
Crimping Master

Jocelyn, I said almost not BF.....I guess I was not sure about what you were saying...sorry...I want you to be happy and happy with the right person for you and your family....

Anna, you have sure come a long way too...

We are the survivors..seems like the dumb men that were in our lives are so miserable and unhappy ...goes to prove that the grass is NOT greener on the other side.....I stayed true to me and my kids and have a wonderful man in my life now and I deserve him..... Have a great evening ladies! Taishea
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #25
Inking Addict

I have not needed this thread until now. DH and I have been separated for a week. I am in awe of the encouraging words and inspiration on this thread. Thank you all who have posted. Liz
Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #26
Crimping Master

Liz, I am sorry about you and your hubby...we are here for you to encourage you. We have all experienced the let downs of the divorce process....does it make it easier, no, but it is helpful to have compassionate hearts for you to turn to when it seems like there is no one else....hang in there, be strong and even when it hurts the most, smile.....Taishea
Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
Crimping Master

Jen, how are you doing..you have been quiet the last couple of days..hope all is going well for you...

Karen...where are you?

Monika what's gooing on in your world....how is the summer vacation going for ya and the girls?

Teri, it was so good to hear from you......

Katie, I am still amazed at what you do! KEEP IT UP!!!

SAllymac (sorry do not know your name) how are you coping with things?

Liz, hang in there girl, day by day.....that is all you can expect from yourself!

Taishea
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletracloversgirl View Post

SAllymac (sorry do not know your name) how are you coping with things?
My real name is Karin, and I'm coping okay. Thank you so much for asking. This thread is great. I think I just need to go through it, experience it, and work it out. Some of you here have read my thread about feeling like I'm losing my daughter and I've gotten great encouragement and understanding there as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I do have one question:

I'm wondering where/how you all met your boyfriends. I don't want to do the internet thing and feel ready to start going out on a date or two. I think I'd feel much better about my ex's upcoming wedding if I had something of my own, ya know??
Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 AM   #29
Crimping Master

I met my BF at the little country store over the hill from where I used to live. Yes, I live way out in the country and he is a genuine country boy....one thing that we were before BF/GF was friends. I have known him for years..in fact he would visit when my oldest DS was a baby....although he was visiting the owners son of the farm we lived on..clear as mus I am sure. BF is kind and sweet and adores me for for me. He is also great with my kids..he loves them as his own. One reason he can do this is because I knew what I wanted in a man..I had a few trial and error dates..those guys were not exactly like the ex, but had many of the same attributes as he did...ex: I dated a guy that did not drink, but went to the bar to play pool...I decided that I did not need to accept less than what I wanted..just to be with a guy. Hang in there Karin ....just be careful of your heart and of the kids when you decide to date....take it one step at a time... Taishea
Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 AM   #30
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Karin--

NO boyfriend here, NO prospects, so I don't know the answer to that myself. I think I need to get myself straight first, as I don't want to repeat mistakes that I made in the marriage ie:loosing myself in another person, forgetting that I exist, having happiness only when my partner was happy....So I guess I need time to still heal. The other girls here are much stronger, I think they may have been in a different place than I was when they split. I NEVER would have split, he left. So I am still learning to see the "facts" of the marriage that was really more of a fantasy in my head, than the perfect thing I keep thinking I am losing. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

I think the new relationship thing will happen when I am better. And I think it is supposed to happen when I least expect it, so my constant worrying about being alone is probably sending out invisible waves that prevent me from meeting the "right" person.

Hang in there. The girls on this thread have been sooooo supportive and many times were the only place I could vent and get some valuable advice.

Today is field day with the kids.....I am not looking forward to it so much--certainly not as much as they are. 45 students, all hot,sweaty,complaining of the heat, and hyped up over sporting events....Will I last? LOL.

Jen, you mentioned your teaching certificate. Will you teach next year???? How exciting!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
Teri
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by damt View Post
Hey Karin--

NO boyfriend here, NO prospects, so I don't know the answer to that myself. I think I need to get myself straight first, as I don't want to repeat mistakes that I made in the marriage ie:loosing myself in another person, forgetting that I exist, having happiness only when my partner was happy....So I guess I need time to still heal. The other girls here are much stronger, I think they may have been in a different place than I was when they split. I NEVER would have split, he left. So I am still learning to see the "facts" of the marriage that was really more of a fantasy in my head, than the perfect thing I keep thinking I am losing. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

I think the new relationship thing will happen when I am better. And I think it is supposed to happen when I least expect it, so my constant worrying about being alone is probably sending out invisible waves that prevent me from meeting the "right" person.

Hang in there. The girls on this thread have been sooooo supportive and many times were the only place I could vent and get some valuable advice.

Today is field day with the kids.....I am not looking forward to it so much--certainly not as much as they are. 45 students, all hot,sweaty,complaining of the heat, and hyped up over sporting events....Will I last? LOL.

Jen, you mentioned your teaching certificate. Will you teach next year???? How exciting!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
Teri
Probably not...it's a little late to get a job out here and besides I really want to try and stay home another year so Drew can go to his special preschool. I'm not sure we could do it if I went back to work. STBX agrees. So, we'll see. I really love being at home with the boys and I don't want it to end! I loved teaching, but I'm not sure how I'll manage all the paperwork and planning and being a single mom. That's another reason to wait - Drew will be a year older by then. Plus, I want to go in as the strongest candidate and have my pick of jobs - crossing my fingers on that one!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My real name is Karin, and I'm coping okay. Thank you so much for asking. This thread is great. I think I just need to go through it, experience it, and work it out. Some of you here have read my thread about feeling like I'm losing my daughter and I've gotten great encouragement and understanding there as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I do have one question:

I'm wondering where/how you all met your boyfriends. I don't want to do the internet thing and feel ready to start going out on a date or two. I think I'd feel much better about my ex's upcoming wedding if I had something of my own, ya know??
I really wish I was dating too! Not ready for a serious boyfriend, but going out on a date and having someone appreciate me would sure be nice! I have no idea how I'll ever meet anyone. Nevermind someone who's interested in me. Oh well.....feeling down on myself lately.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #33
Hardware Hotshot

Today's reading has been quite inspirational! I've loved how for the most part everyone has become stronger over the last year. I have to say that I have slid a bit ~ my move which was unavoidable ~ took me away from the only real support that I had & I have yet to find any good 'real' friends here (cyber friends & long distance friends can only do so much, KWIM?) Plus, I don't have the ability to take time off ~ my h is NM & have no family in the area & frankly wouldn't move near them either ~ not a place that is good for raising kids, imo. So, now when I am sick ~ it's still me that must make sure the kids get fed & homework gets done, etc. ANd it has definitely worn me down. And I, sadly, have found comfort again in food. I've put on almost 30 lbs. And I am having health issues ~ but have a new med that should help ~ but the side effects seem almost scarier than the issue! So, I'm hesitant to start taking the stuff...

I have been finding solace in my stamping again, though I'm sure that doesn't help the weight. And I really miss have friends to stamp & gab with. I've joined some of the PTA things, but a lot of the people are so political & really look down on people who live in the apartments (where we now live) ~ and I just don't play those sorts of games & usually end up making light of something that gets me shunned...

Unlike most of you, I'm still in limbo land. I've said this before, but it was my h that said he had had enough & left, however, now says he's not sure... there are lots of unresolved issues & I'm not sure if it would ever work out again. Our relationship is quite the emotional drain. He is the type where the grass is always greener somewhere else ~ I doubt he'd be happy if he were Bill Gates... he finds the wrong in everything. No matter how much $$ he's made he always needs more & more & more. We both have a problem with wanting the 'best' toys & for the longest times I always felt that he could get things because he worked & I would just do without, I was a very miserable martyr, but he never saw it like that, he still wanted more... He's been doing some sole searching ~ but I still hear him complaining ~ the weather, the noise, the traffic, the prices, eeekkkk!!!

Ok, I feel a little bit better (plus I just had some chocolate ~ a couple of choc raisins - not too bad ...

I don't know what my future holds ~ I'm just planning on enjoying the summer & taking advantage of all the excellent opportunities that this area has for families. 'Cause one thing that will not change is that my daughters are young for only a short period of time & I want wonderful memories of us together! (another thing my h could never seem to grasp!)

So, here we come Williamsburg, Newport News, Yorktown, VA Beach, Jamestown & all the surrounding areas!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #34
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, And I just ordered some COPICS!!!! New toys for the summer when it is too hot to go anywhere!!! BTW, if anyone is interested Dick Blick has a sale today for 20% off orders over $200 plus free shipping for orders over 200. So, if you've wanted Sketches ~ they are about $239 for 72... (I know, but what else could I do with my part of the tax return... & I didn't get anything for Mother's Day & I have had a day off since last July.... need I go on... I'll leave them to my daughters in my will...)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGMommyof2 View Post
Oh, And I just ordered some COPICS!!!! New toys for the summer when it is too hot to go anywhere!!! BTW, if anyone is interested Dick Blick has a sale today for 20% off orders over $200 plus free shipping for orders over 200. So, if you've wanted Sketches ~ they are about $239 for 72... (I know, but what else could I do with my part of the tax return... & I didn't get anything for Mother's Day & I have had a day off since last July.... need I go on... I'll leave them to my daughters in my will...)
Oooooohhhhh, wow! What a present to thy self!! You'll have to tell us if you like them. I don't think I can fit another item into my craft room!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #36
Hardware Hotshot

FedEx say they'll be here tomorrow ~ but it could be friday... I hope it's tomorrow... I just gave a whole bunch of stuff ~ mostly from my failed attempts to be a scrapper ~ to someone here on SCS who is just starting out & doesn't have a lot of $$ ~ win-win situation. Plus from the looks of her gallery, she'll be able to wonders with the things I sent. I sent a bunch of Zig markers ~ chisel & calligraphy ones I had convinced myself would be great for scrapping & general watercoloring... And other odds & ends that I'd picked up over the years. Still in good condition, but I hated just seeing them sitting around, when I knew I'd never scrap again & if I do it will so far in the future they'll all be bad... It was about 18 lbs of stuff... I love the whole PIF & RAK concept & well, now I have room for the Copics & since I love the one I have & know I'll use them ~ as I love coloring ~ even more than stamping
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #37
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, & I'm considering it my end of year Bonus! Most full time employees with no vacation should get at least that ~ don't ya think???
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGMommyof2 View Post
Oh, & I'm considering it my end of year Bonus! Most full time employees with no vacation should get at least that ~ don't ya think???
Sounds good to me!! I bought a whole bunch of stuff when STBX announced the divorce - as "Happy Divorce - Your Life is Gonna Suck! presents". LOL!! I bought the SU markers and a crop-a-dile - the new, big one!!

I just got my mini album SU convention swap prototype done!! Woo-Hoo!! Now I can assembly line it this weekend!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #39
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Jen,

It is totally a hassle teaching full time and being a single mom. Especially with real little ones who are so dependent on me for everything. I had a really good class this year, but it was soooooo hard trying to figure out a balance between home and school. I was the type of teacher who stayed late--like till 5 or 6, but now that's out! I also get to work much later because I have to drop off the children at the day care which is NOT on the way to my school. Oh well...

You are probably wise to wait. Put the children first. Financially, I don't have the choice to stay at home.

Anyway, congrats on the licence anyway!!
T
Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by damt View Post
Hey Jen,

It is totally a hassle teaching full time and being a single mom. Especially with real little ones who are so dependent on me for everything. I had a really good class this year, but it was soooooo hard trying to figure out a balance between home and school. I was the type of teacher who stayed late--like till 5 or 6, but now that's out! I also get to work much later because I have to drop off the children at the day care which is NOT on the way to my school. Oh well...

You are probably wise to wait. Put the children first. Financially, I don't have the choice to stay at home.

Anyway, congrats on the licence anyway!!
T
Teri-
Are you elementary level? I know what you mean about balance. I was never very good at that. I would be at school by 7 (I'm more of an early bird) when school didn't start until 8:30. Then, some days I'd leave on time and take the work home with me, but other days I'd stay late. But, I remember, just coming home and doing work. I'm not sure what the situation will be next year. I'd love to be home one more year. I'd even nanny a day or two for extra $. We'll see.....