Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Need support from Christian mommies!

Hi all! I am a Christian, fairly conservative, and we have brought our kids up in the church. We don't. Talk a whole lot about it, but faith plays a big role in our lives, and we've always encouraged discussion. I knew my soon-to-be 16 year old ds just told us he didn't believe in God. I knew he was havning doubts about Christ and salvation, but that was really hard to hear! He is very compassionate and big hearted. To him, religion is more abut good works. He is very involved at church- just last night came home from youth group excited about the direction it's taking. They plan to have officers, and he wants to be president. I know there is nothing I coulld have done any differently, but it's painful given my beliefs. Not a big cryer, but I cried that night! My dh and I both assured him we loved him regardless. He was ready eyed-apparently he was worried about how we were going to react. Thank you for listening?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

I would not worry too much about it. Your son is at the age where everything is questioned, especially authority figures. I'll bet that his attitude concerning God changes when he gets older. You laid a good, solid foundation that will stand the test of time.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Insane Embellisher

I can imagine your surprise & pain! It's GOOD that he is questioning!!!!!!!!! Because when he finds the truth, it will mean more! He'll have found it for himself! AND it will be harder for him to give it up when faced with temptations! "Train up a Child in the way he should go & when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22: 6. Don't feel you have failed! You've had him in church where he can learn, you've been open to discussions....those moments of "silent training" that you've probably dismissed, or don't even realize you've been training... Your son wanting to be President of the Youth Group---COULD BE a BIG PLUS!!!!!!!!!!! He wants to be INVOLVED in the church.... he'll be hanging out with people that DO BELIEVE....MAYBE, he'll even learn to confide in someone & they will help him find his way. I would be PRAYING that God would direct the RIGHT PEOPLE into his life to lead him to Christ! Don't be quick to fixing things for him either when they do go wrong! It's in those adversities that our children learn to depend on Christ! Hang in there mom! God sees the ache of your heart! Your heart doesn't hurt as much as HIS! HE WILL FINISH WHAT HE HAS STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be praying with you!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Crimping Master

Thank you both so, so much for your kind words. I really haven't worried too much about it. When I talked to our pastor some time back, he said ds had to have a personal experience with the Holy Spirit. So that's what I pray for- that God will reveal himself to him. I'm so glad he is involved in church. At this point it wouldn't be an option not to go. He has a big heart and enjoys service to others. He is also very smart and very analytical. I agree it's good to question- thanks for affirming that for me.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

God Bless you!!!!!!!!!! Your son is IN GOD'S HANDS! I SO AGREE with your Pastor! AND GOD WILL reveal himself to him!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Crimping Master

Y'all are awesome! Thank you!