Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default My 3 year old is obsessed with feet!

Okay, I need to know, is this normal???

My three year old's favorite thing is to play with feet. Especially MY feet. He talks to my feet, kisses them, drives his cars on my feet...they are like his playmates.

Today, he brought his checker board and his checkers over to play with my husband's feet. When he gets up to get a drink, he will say, "Bye feet, I love you!" and gives them a kiss. He will literally sit with your feet for HOURS. I don't do anything, he provides all of the entertainment himself.

Last week, my friend brought over her 7 month old baby. I thought Mitch was going to burst from joy. He pulled off her little shoes and socks and started in on her feet. My friend looked at him like he was a space alien.

I have been ignoring it, mostly. Sometimes DH and I look at each other and shake our heads and laugh because it is cute.

Last night, my older daughter said he was trying to play with the babysitter's feet, but she kept moving them away and telling him no. She said that it bothered Mitch, and he kept begging to play with her feet. So we had to explain that some people don't like their feet touched. Ironically, he HATES to have his feet touched, so he understands that.

So, is my son destined to have a foot fetish, or is this a normal phase that will pass???

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

I can relate.

My ds is 6yrs old and he has the same 'foot love'. I personally cannot stand feet (except for my sweet kiddos) so I thought it was particularly strange when he started in on mine. Yes, he pretty much goes crazy on MY feet. If I'm sitting on the couch with bare feet on the floor he will come over, put my cold foot on his cheek and grin and laugh. He likes them on his face which is a double yuck to me. He's happy as a clam rolling around on the floor or ottoman with my feet on his face.....I can't believe I'm sharing this

I don't even remember when this started with him, but it has definitely been since he was much younger. My dh is practically never barefoot, so I've never seen him go for his hairy toes, but ds has tried to play with my younger sister's (she's in her 20's) and she made him stop.

I'm just not sure what to say about whether it's 'normal' or not, but I am glad to hear someone else's ds does the same thing. Dh and I have tried not to make a big deal about it, and ds doesn't grab at my feet as often as he used to, but I'm hoping he doesn't end up with some strange foot fetish. Of course, there are worse things...

-Chantae
Old 03-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to skpupy68 Send a message via Yahoo to skpupy68
Smile

I don't think you have any worries. My daughter used to pretend everything was a family, grapes being her favorite! She also used to kiss and say goodbye to furniture! Talk about explaining that to people who don't have any children!!!
She still pretends everything is a family but she's given up kissing the furniture. Come to think of it, I may be to blame for the furniture. When I needed her to leave something alone, we would say goodbye to it. Worked great at the playground when it was time to go in!
I would just enjoy it for now. One day you'll forget that he even did it and something will remind you, then you'll be missing it. Take a picture or video of it so you can show him when he's older. My daugher's 5 and a half and she loves watching things she did as a baby and toddler. And I'm amazed at how much I've already forgotten!
As long as he understands boundaries, you should be ok, and it sounds like he does since his babysitter doesn't like it.
HTH,
Mo

Monica Stockton SCS #2687
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alexandria, VA

www.monicastockton.stampinup.net
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/skpupy68
Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to skpupy68 Send a message via Yahoo to skpupy68
Smile

P.S. I loved Joe vs the Volcano too!

Monica Stockton SCS #2687
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alexandria, VA

www.monicastockton.stampinup.net
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/skpupy68
Old 03-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

I'm just thinking about what a great scrapbook page this will make someday!

My middle child had a thing for ears...she used to suck on two fingers on her left hand and hold her right ear, but she much preferred to hold my ear or anybody else's if she could! I have pictures of her holding her brother's and her sister's ears. She stopped using her fingers as a pacifier when she was five (she's 10 now) but occasionally when she hugs me she'll reach up and touch my ear.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Heather_M

lol My 4yo does it with hair! Doesn't matter who's it is either.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva

I babysit a little one who went through (and still is sort of in) the stage where she loved to name and touch all the body parts she knew the name for. Eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, toes. We've added shirt and pants. She just likes to go over them from time to time so that she can either show off what she knows or maybe make sure she remembers right. And whenever we're out in the car she looks for "big twucks" and when we pass them she'll say bye bye and "luv you". Too cute!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk
I'm just thinking about what a great scrapbook page this will make someday!

that's what I was thinking! I hope that you are taking pics of all of this!