Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default JUST need someone to talk to ....

Hi - just dont know what else to do . I am so upset, depressed , lonely what ever you want to call it. I have noone to talk to . My family just does not get it and all they do is judge me. I have no friends because I am agorophobic so I do not go anywhere and I get told" just get over it!" It is not that easy. I can't go anywhere without having a panick attack. I work from home that started just recently so that has helped somewhat. I am losing my home _ I work 60 hours a week and I am doing the best I can but it is still noT GOOD enough. ughhh...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't give up, elvisstamper, but please find a therapist who can work with you to resolve the problem you're having. I wish you the best!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Crimping Master

Location: I live in North Texas, but my heart remains in New Mexico.

Hi elvisstamper!

Hang in there! My social anxiety disorder makes it hard to leave the house sometimes so I know a teeny little bit about your agoraphobia. I know that the very problem makes it hard to go to a therapist, but please try!!!! I know that when I finally talked to a doctor about my issues and they started me on medication, my life got to be soooooooooo much better. What some people don't understand is that this ISN'T a choice and you can't just "get over it"! Maybe medication can help you like it did me, so be strong and think about going to a doctor. If you are thinking about it, then one day you will fell strong enough and good enough to go to a doctor. I'll be praying for you!

Erin
Old 07-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
Matboard Maniac

Thanks to the two of you that responded. I am trying - it is getting harder everyday. I have seen a therpaist - that is not helping _ I just feel worse when I leave there. People just donlt understand. I am a good person . I will do what ever I can to help anyone and have always been that way but when I need help there is noone there for me .
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Gabfest Goddess

I am praying that God will send you caring people who will become great friends. God bless you! Hugs!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Matboard Maniac

Thank you
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess

Maybe you need to find a different therapist than the one you were (are?) seeing. Is there a support group near you?

Here's a link to the Mayo Clinic site: Agoraphobia - MayoClinic.com

If your therapist hasn't informed you well enough about your options, the information provided on Mayo's site might help.

Just don't give up trying to resolve your problem. You deserve to find peace of mind and you deserve to live a fulfilling life.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Crimping Master

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I agree with the others that if your current therapist isn't working, find another one! And please be open to medication- it can make a worl of difference!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Counseling/therapy can really help. You may need to find someone who specializes in anxiety disorders. Like duranfan said, please consider the possibility of taking medication. I take a med for anxiety and it's changed my life.

Have you tried googling "forums for anxiety?" I found this one: Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms - Index

As for your friends and family, I can say from experience that if they don't struggle with anxiety or phobias, they will never (and can't) understand. That's why connecting with others--like a therapist or through a forum--is so important.

Hugs, and I pray that you will find some help.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

One day at a time.....sometimes its just ONE HOUR at a time.

Good for you for working from home...that is a VERY positive step!! Thank you for posting, again a positive step in reaching out to others. Focus on those little baby steps that you have already taken!! My grandma always used to say: God helps those who help themselves!! I never understood it until I was older!!

And ditto what someone else said about medication. You wouldn't think twice about someone taking heart medication, or insulin for diabetes, or medicine for high cholesterol!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with medication to help balance other hormones that might be out of balance!!

Praying for your peace and strength!!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
Matboard Maniac

Thank you all for the advice. I am trying . Tried meds in the past - the problem is I am alegeric to alot of things and I have afib so alot of them will make my heart race and I cannpt swolloiw pi;;s so the Drs have to find a liquid or a chewable for me and that is not always easy to do - ughh- I am a mess!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisstamper View Post
Hi - just dont know what else to do . I am so upset, depressed , lonely what ever you want to call it. I have noone to talk to . My family just does not get it and all they do is judge me. I have no friends because I am agorophobic so I do not go anywhere and I get told" just get over it!" It is not that easy. I can't go anywhere without having a panick attack. I work from home that started just recently so that has helped somewhat. I am losing my home _ I work 60 hours a week and I am doing the best I can but it is still noT GOOD enough. ughhh...

How my heart goes out to you sweetie, depression is extremely painful and panic attacks are beyond terrible. Please try to get a good therapist to get the support you need. Asking God to shower down His loving care, grace, comfort and encouragement as only He can. God truly loves you.

"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children, He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others" - A. W. Tozer
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
Rubber Obsessor

Hi!!! Is it possible under the circumstances to find a counselor that will make a house call? Sometimes churches have counseling available and their staff is more flexible than counselors that work in a medical facility. It is worth a try. Anyway, don't give up!! My husband and I lost our house in Jan 2011. (Well sort of, the bank has yet to formally forclose on it and take it out of our name) so I understand how tough that can be on you. We were very lucky though because we had a second, smaller (much, much smaller!!) house with a much less mortgage payment, that we had some tenants in. They had just vacated it and we moved to it. But anyway, it was difficult to say good bye to all the belongings we sold so that we could fit into our smaller house. But, we did nad we are surviving. I discovered I can live with a lot less stuff, and acdtually less is more!!! Less to clean = more time for playing. Less to pay for = more $$ for other needs. Less stree - more relaxation. It's okay to cut back, downsize and/or have a major change to your lifestyle. You will prevail. We did. At the time I did not think I would, but I did. Be encouraged. In the dark a little light shines a long way. You will be okay. Write me anytime. I am a night owl person. <3 Mary
Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Rubber Obsessor

Ummmm, sorry. I just noticed the date of your original post was almost two months ago. LOL. I jsut saw it now. Hopefully by now, things are looking better for you and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let me know.
Mary
Old 09-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #15
Matboard Maniac

MARY, Its okay - still going through a really rough time ......
Old 09-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
MARY, Its okay - still going through a really rough time ......

Extremely sorry sweetie you are still going through a tough time. Sending you much love, hugs and prayers.

Do NOT worry, God is never blind
to your tears, never deaf to your prayers,
and never silent to your pain.
He sees, He hears and He will deliver.

(F)ully (R)ely (O)n (G)od
FROGGING FOR YOU!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *GOD LOVES YOU* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #17
Matboard Maniac

Another bad day.... checking acct in overdarft and letter about the loan co coming to get my car . so depressing
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
Compulsive Stamper

Default prayers for you

I (thankfully) do not have any experience dealing with your issues, so I cannot offer any helpful advice. However, I was moved to post a note to you to let you know you are not alone. I encourage you to reach out any time your current situation seems overwhelming. My experience on this site indicates there are a whole bunch of caring, nice people who are ready to listen and offer possible solutions.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Another bad day.... checking acct in overdarft and letter about the loan co coming to get my car . so depressing

Extremely sorry for what you are going through and it must be truly hard on you. Please know that are people who care and I am believing God to intervene in a major way to get you to a much better place. <3