Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Glitter Guru

Location: Squinting in the glow of the neighbor's sodium-vapor security light
Default Has anyone ever bruised/lacerated their throat from the inside?

I was having some chips and a sandwich at lunch today when my oldest started to spill something, and I ran to clean things up. I swallowed what was in my mouth too soon, and an almost-whole chip went down very painfully (It was at least a round-edged potato chip, instead of a tortilla one). Now it hurts to swallow. I think I've bruised or lacerated my throat. Has anyone ever done this? How long does it take to get better? It is not miserably painful, just annoyingly so.

Penny
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

YES! I thought I was the only ding dong that's done this. It goes away in just a day or two. More annoying than anything.

Mom to Ada born 2/2/07

DH's new project:
Free file hosting at www.filenanny.com! Upload all your myspace, ebay, friendster, forum images, files and more!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I've done it as well - - - Mine felt better after I slept and then just irritated a little for a couple of days. It goes away - - - you can try throught numbing spray if it bugs you too much.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #4
Glitter Guru

Location: Squinting in the glow of the neighbor's sodium-vapor security light

Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one! It is some better today. Feels sort of swollen, but not actually hurting.

Thanks, ladies!

Penny
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

I had one of those huge horse-sized vitamin supplement pills go down sideways once... actually thought I was going to need the heimlich because it was lodged pretty good. My throat hurt like the dickens - it hurt to swallow or even talk! But it went away after a few days. You're not alone!!

Hope yours feels better quickly! It's the pits!

My dogs are fluent in English, Afghan, Pekinese, Maltese, Pomeranian and have a fairly good grasp of bull Shih Tzu...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Die Cut Diva

OMG I had that happen where a pill got stuck in my throat and it felt like the pill was still there a couple days later. The feeling went away after a few days. My mom said my throat was bruised from the pill but the pill wasn't actually there anymore even though it felt like it.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 AM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, I thought I was the only dork that had done this. When I was in school (ahem, a *few* years ago) I got a corn chip-the triangle shaped ones- wedged in my throat. I did have to have the heimlich as I was beginning to turn blue at the lips. My throat was very bruised for about a week. It scared the poo out of me at the time, but 10 min later, and still, I think its pretty funny.

But I've also had my tongue sprained when I had my tonsils out. I guess the dr pulled it out of the way for awhile, b/c I couldn't talk my tongue was so swollen for two weeks!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Watercolor Wizard

Me, too.... guess we're not alone! But you know what I did? I was having dinner at a friends, and we had lemonade with the BIG ice cubes (rectangular ones from the tray). The cube slipped down my throat SIDEWAYS, and it was a full sized cube. I didn't know what to do... it was stuck there! I ran to the sink hoping the water would warm up fast, and it did! I then swallowed it and it melted just enough to go down, but it scraped the WHOLE way down! OUCH OUCH OUCH for a couple of days. I think it gets irritated and distended but is pretty tough. Funny thread!!