Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Inking Addict

Default Growth spurt at 3 years old?

My DS ate 5 packets of instant oatmeal all in one sitting today. He'll be 3 on Friday so I thought maybe he was getting ready to grow again. Is this a typical age for spurts? He's not a big overeater ever, he usually a snacker. Thanks gals.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Crimping Master

When my (now grown) son was little, someone told me that boys go through growth spurts in their even years (2, 4, 6,....) and girls in their odd years (3, 5, 7,...). I thought it was an old wives' tale, but for him it was true. And there were times when you could almost watch him grow from one day to the next. My DD hasn't followed that theory so much, but she just hasn't grown in "spurts" quite like he did either.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Heather_M

My boys all eat really large breakfasts. I'm no expert but I think when they're so little anytime is a good time for a growth spurt. It's not uncommon for me to notice all of a sudden that the shirt sleeve's and pant legs are too short! lol

I know you didn't ask this and ignore it if it's not the case. The only thing I'd make sure of is that he's getting a mix of good foods and not filling up on only one thing. My kids all ate crazy amounts of banana's we usually had to hide them the Dr said this was fine as long they were eating other things and not "just banana's".
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kellywilliamsj

He probably is growing....

My sons both will eat a TON if they've been picky during the week. My almost 2 year old ate 3 hotdogs the other day(no buns). The minute I'd cut one up for him, I'd hear "more please"....

It could be worse than oatmeal.....

My doc always says "take a look at what they eat over the course of a week"
Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Any time my kids ate an inordinate amount of food, they were usually ill within 24 hours with something that derailed their appetite. After a while, I figured it was their body's way of storing extra energy to fight off the illness. Colds, strep throat and earaches were usually what followed the binge eating.

Rainsong
Old 01-12-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to harley91

My DS is 10 and he has been a poor eater his whole life. I can tell he is going through a growth spurt when he eats and eats and eats! When he does this I embrace it because I know it will be short lived. Good luck!

Missy
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoogieLea View Post
My DS ate 5 packets of instant oatmeal all in one sitting today. He'll be 3 on Friday so I thought maybe he was getting ready to grow again. Is this a typical age for spurts? He's not a big overeater ever, he usually a snacker. Thanks gals.
My DS just turned 3 and when he goes through growth spurts his appetite increases and he'll want to eat all day for about 3-4 days then he goes back to normal, which is eating really good at breakfast and then nit picks the rest of the day usually. We just had his 3yr check up and he grew 4 1/2 inches this past year.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

Another thing I always notice about my kiddos is that they start to look a little thicker or chunkier. This does seem to coincide with increased appetite. And sure enough, their bodies are storing up for that growth that is going to take off. I have never heard about the odd/even years thing for boys or girls. All I know is that DS seems like he is always growing. I cannot keep up.

SCS just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Last edited by wendy-o; 01-14-2008 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: ugh - typos - I have to remember to proofread
Old 01-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Compulsive Stamper

I can remember when my 4YO boy ate 4 bowls of cereal for breakfast. I also noticed when the eating is like that their heads looked like they grew before the rest of them caught up. It passes.
Amy