Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #241
Cardstock Collector

Default Now what

I filed for divorce in October. We lived under the same roof until January. I came home from work he had moved out and took the most expensive furniture, cleared out the joint checking account and left a note he would contribute to the mortgage no more. The mortgage by the way in my name because he had a foreclosure on a home before we married. I moved out of the house in March. The house is up for auction July 5th. To make matters worse there is no support from family. Mom says it is my red wagon alone to carry, I got myself into it and I have to get myself out of it. My sister says you married him, my brother told my mother she protected me too much when I was younger. My dad answer to me telling him my house was being auctioned off was you knew this was going to happen. No empathy or caring about my feelings
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #242
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, from the stuff/money standpoint you are entitled to half. Go and file or talk to your lawyer. He has to give you half. You CAN get stuff back. I got back my Bose radio.

From the emotional/family stuff, I have no idea what to say. My family has been amazing. I'd be on the street if it wasn't for them. You definitely should see a counselor to help you get through this. There are lots of books out there too.

Please hang in there and know that how your family is acting is NOT OK. Mean people can be so mean. What they say is true- when the going gets tough you know exactly who your friends are. Please know that we are here for you!!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #243
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to cletracloversgirl

i am so sorry. What a situation you have....we are here for you.Do you have any children?..I know you are strong...you know it too....hang in there someday it will be easier...I did not have any support except for in this thread...we are all here for you through the tears and grief and the smiles...try to relax and do a little for you...a bubble bath with candle light and a glass of wine....take him to court and get back 1/2 of the $ from the account and 1/2 the value of the furniture....sorry you are going through this...hugs..Taishea
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #244
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I agree I would try to get a lawyer right away to help you sort out the financial issues at hand. I know it hurts that your family is not supporting you in this. But, you can do this on your own.

As for emotional support, again, sometimes it is better to get that from a counselor that is trained and educated in these matters. A good girlfriend or two, helps too. Sometimes family can be good, but in your case they are causing you pain, so "make the choice" to move towards ppl that help you feel relaxed, give you comfort and joy, in the midst of it all. Think about who those ppl are and move towards them....
Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #245
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajelin View Post
I filed for divorce in October. We lived under the same roof until January. I came home from work he had moved out and took the most expensive furniture, cleared out the joint checking account and left a note he would contribute to the mortgage no more. The mortgage by the way in my name because he had a foreclosure on a home before we married. I moved out of the house in March. The house is up for auction July 5th. To make matters worse there is no support from family. Mom says it is my red wagon alone to carry, I got myself into it and I have to get myself out of it. My sister says you married him, my brother told my mother she protected me too much when I was younger. My dad answer to me telling him my house was being auctioned off was you knew this was going to happen. No empathy or caring about my feelings
I am so sorry your family is acting like this, it is rude and hateful and just down right WRONG. I agee with the other ladies, have your attorney get you back half of the $$ he took, and as for the furniture, either the things you want or the $$ value of those items. Counseling helps a great deal, close friends also. Since you don't have a supportive family, make one with close friends. Don't put yourself in any situations with your family that will cause you pain or heartache. I've had to walk away from my brother, and have put distance between me and my mother, I've been feeling much better about myself since doing it. Please use this forum to vent, pm any of the ladies you feel a connection with, and know we are here for you.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #246
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all the support. Thank goodness there are no children involved. I do have a lawyer who is working at getting the monetary issues settled but my soon to be ex thinks everything is already equitable
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #247
Crimping Master

he is gonna have an eye opener! I hope your attorney is an aggressive one! Try to have a great weekend...we are here if you need to vent. Taishea
Old 06-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #248
Kookie Creator

It doesn't matter what your ex 'thinks', the court will have the last say in the matter. Sending up prayers for strength for the fight, calmness of your heart and mind, and knowledge that you have friends that care about you.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #249
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hoping everyone is off to a good week. Warm and humid here. Take care of yourselves!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #250
Kookie Creator

I'm busy packing for a 10 day trip to see my daughter and granddaughter, and to meet her BF and his family. My granddaughter (13), bless her heart... didn't say YEAH Gramma is coming to visit..... NO... she said, " Yeah, chocolate cake and cheesecake". LOL I love that child.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappingramma View Post
I'm busy packing for a 10 day trip to see my daughter and granddaughter, and to meet her BF and his family. My granddaughter (13), bless her heart... didn't say YEAH Gramma is coming to visit..... NO... she said, " Yeah, chocolate cake and cheesecake". LOL I love that child.
Oh how fun Mary! Have a wonderful time!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #252
Crimping Master

This week sucks so far! Kids think they NEED to fight because things are not to their liking. Meaning a bigger house and property so they can have an ATV....Thing of it is, we do need a bigger house...and this one is in bad need of lots of repair or even torn down. the roof leaks and the floors are weak in places...I hate to complain, I am thankful that we are all together...however there is not anywhere to really buy nor is there much land for sale...it is hard and the kids are not being nice about it...it breaks my heart that they want to not get along....and that they do not want to be here...yet the x will not spend time with them and he (the x) had nerve enough to question me Sunday evening about why the kids did not call him for Father's Day...Yet he calls here@ 9 p.m.....I am so disgusted with the entire situation...I want out of here and I want my kids to get along with me and the DH and I want PEACE in my home....sorry for the rant I am just at the end of my rope...wondering why I fought so hard and cried so many tears to make sure the kids were with me the DH. Now the oldest has his drivers license and all he can tell me is that he does not want me driving him around...what did I do so wrong that hey all hate being around me so much...I tried to protect them and love them the best I could and now it is not enough....it hurts.......Taishea
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #253
Crimping Master

I guess the drama is over...the kids have said their sorry's to each other and have decided to come to me when there is a problem..solves a few problems for now..I hope that they are really going to make a go of what they said they would do.....Taishea
Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletracloversgirl View Post
I guess the drama is over...the kids have said their sorry's to each other and have decided to come to me when there is a problem..solves a few problems for now..I hope that they are really going to make a go of what they said they would do.....Taishea
The start of summer is rough. Hang in there Taishea!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #255
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Try not to worry.Try to look at what you're going through as a challenge rather than an obstacle , a time to develop patience. To achieve more objectivity , detach yourself from the struggle.Have confidence in yourself, and realize that you can change your attitude even if you can't change the circumstances.
Look closely at your troubles.Don't let them cause you to give up.
Befriend them and learn from them.Feel them lose their power over you.Allow them to teach you what you want to know and move on..Try not to be afraid.
You're a survivor. You're going to handle this.You're going to find strength you didn't know you had and grace to deal with what ever comes along. Pretty soon , you'll be on the other side , and it's just a matter of time until you will look back on this time in your life and draw strength from the knowledge that even though the road was rocky , you persevered and carried on.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #256
Kookie Creator

A little side note.... tell you x that you are not responsible for his relationship with his children. They would have asked to call him on Father's Day if he saw them every chance he got, instead of when it's convienent for him.

Hang in there sweetie. Hugs.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Thank you Mary. My ex brought up to the judge that I was keeping him from his children. My lawyer objected, judge sustained. I would have been happy to tell him WHY!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #258
Kookie Creator

My daughter and her x were having the same problem.... when my daughter finally let go and let them be in charge of their relationship, things changed. He still acts stupid... he got Tia a cell phone in April, after 4 tries of Father's Day and it going straight to voice mail all 4 times.. they gave up. He sent a text that since she (Tia) didn't call him on Father's Day he was going to take the phone away from her the next time he's in town (He's in the Army and stationed in Ga, my daughter lives in KY near his home town). I told my daughter to delete everything on the phone, all contact info, and text messages.. shut off the phone, and mail it back to him. Why wait? LOL

Yeah, I can be a mean ole B*&^h
Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #259
Crimping Master

You are so right Mary...they are not prohibited to call him...I have never kept him from them...I have tried and tried to encourage good relationships, but long ago I figured it out it was not my responsibility to make those work...it is his..he likes to play the blame game yet...I really do nto give him any ammo any more..I try to keep peace with him for the sake of the kids.....

Karen thanks for the encouraging words..I am gonna print them off and keep them as a reminder that yes I am a survivor! Thanks...maybe that should be my "new" word!the evening was wonderful..FIL came over for homemade chicken parm...I made the sauce from the juice I canned last year and the wonderful spices I received as a gift...it was a huge hit...and the kitchen was so hot! (house issue only 4 breakers in the house..cannot run much with the air on in the living rooms....)hubby talked to the kids about them not behaving this morning...dishes are about done for the evening and all the laundry is caught up...house is fairly clean..I am getting a shower and joining hubby in bed! Have a great tomorrow everyone! Love you girls and thanks again for listening! Taishea
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #260
Crimping Master

I guess I get upset for the kids...I know that they hurt from not having the relationship they should have...the x used to be a pretty decent guy and the kids do not know that side of him...it just makes me mad that he is willing the throw away the chance with my kids...they are usually good kids...the are hard workers and will do most things (even with lots of "encouragement") today was harder than most days...I am not sure why, but they came around and the afternoon was pretty good...Taishea
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #261
Kookie Creator

The day ended well, what more can you ask for ! Kids will push and 'test' the parent that they know will always be there for them. They know and trust that you love them (warts and all), so they will push you to the limit. My daughter and I have talked about that at length. She would push , and push, and say hateful things to me. She couldn't do that with her father, he would just push back to ignore her. They don't have a good relationship these days because of his not being a parents, he wanted to be their friend.

Ok, I've gone on too much. Hugs to all of you ladies, I'll be gone for the next 10 days, so I may not be on here. K and T, I'll see you on FB.

Hugs
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

My kids always had transition to summer days, for about a week or two. They were testing me to see what I was going to put up with or not, for the summer. It was exhausting, but then we would all settle into summer vacation.

I agree, you are not responsible for your ex's relationship with the children. I hurt about that same issue, and still cry at times when I think about it. But T, there is nothing we can do. He is on his own with this.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #263
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I'm heading to the next phase. As of 10pm Sat night, when he announced his plans to look for an apt with his "new friend", I'm no longer wishing/hoping/longing for a reconciliation. He's admitted his "feelings" for her! It's bad enough when the spouse says the love is no longer there, if it even ever was, but to find out there's really someone else is devastating. Makes me wonder which came first, his loss of love for me or his feelings for her, not that it really matters, he's cheated! I'm having trouble being strong and the next step is to tell the kids that dad's leaving and I'm SO not ready for this part!!!!

And to top it off, with the stupid man part, I'm supposed to call around and get suggestions about how to tell the kids... what to say and what not to say! One call was to my therapist, who I've only seen once, well she says the whole conversation is to be led by him... he's choosing to leave, he's choosing to make the change, I'm just supposed to sit there. So now he agrees to counseling, not for us, but to find out the best way to tell the kids. I really need to get over this anger and contempt for him, for the sake of the kids! Deep down, I really feel sorry for him.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #264
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie,
Been there too! Remember, this is a reflection on him, not you. Mind still hasn't admitted the affair and they've been living together for years! LOL
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Laurie, I really like your counselor's advice!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #266
Stazon Splitcoast

UGH!!! And from the panic of he needs to get out, he can't stand staying here anymore, can't continue like this... to now, he's not leaving, I can't force him out, he's not gonna go live on a couch, it could be months or it could be a year, but he's not leaving until we get the finances figured out!

I'm so confused, just when I didn't think it could get any worse?! He's keeps asking me what I expect from him, well when will he answer what he really expects from me. I finally agree that he needs to get out, for us to move on, but now he won't go...
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #267
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
Laurie, I really like your counselor's advice!
I do too, but I bet he doesn't like it...
Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #268
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
UGH!!! And from the panic of he needs to get out, he can't stand staying here anymore, can't continue like this... to now, he's not leaving, I can't force him out, he's not gonna go live on a couch, it could be months or it could be a year, but he's not leaving until we get the finances figured out!

I'm so confused, just when I didn't think it could get any worse?! He's keeps asking me what I expect from him, well when will he answer what he really expects from me. I finally agree that he needs to get out, for us to move on, but now he won't go...
Sounds like he talked to a lawyer who told him not to leave.

Best bet is get yourself to a lawyer if you haven't already.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #269
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
Sounds like he talked to a lawyer who told him not to leave.

Best bet is get yourself to a lawyer if you haven't already.
Oh, I have one, just been working on the paperwork this week. He was shocked that I even had one... "what about this counseling you wanted?" he says. Oh I was all for counseling but I was also being prepared, having no income and 4 kids to think about. Never thought I'd actually have to put him to use! He's too cheap to get his own lawyer, so he's probably just waiting on me so now all he has to do is deal with the things he doesn't agree with. I think his advice is from his recently divorced brother, who also probably said don't waste your money on counseling.

Last edited by laurlynn; 06-25-2011 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #270
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

It will work against him in court if he does not have representation. Don't tell him that...let him arrive without a lawyer.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 AM   #271
Crimping Master

Today is Monday....lots of stuff going on in the next 2 weeks in my family...we are going to be busy! How is everyone else doing?...Girls if you need to vent, talk or just share anything...we are here for everyone! Hang in there and everyone have a great day!
Taishea
Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello. Just dreading the upcoming weekend again, and to top it off, it's a holiday.

Hope everyone else has a good one though!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #273
Crimping Master

Laurie, I know how you are feeling.....those holidays were the worse for me...I started looking for activities I wanted to do....I guess activities not related to something I would do with the kids...I would find car shows or fairs or something to go to that was free or pretty close to free. I met new ppl, I learned to have fun without the kids...hard yes it was...but I also found who I was...you are going through a very difficult time...understandable so too...hang in there I am sorry for your pain.... Hugs!

We are going to the BIL annual chicken roast..I am dreading it...there was drama this past week, now she acts like nothing ever was said...she feels better! me..not so good because she accused me of things that I NEVER said and she felt I did..I just feel ill because I have to act like nothing is wrong..hhmmm...Taishea
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry Taishea. Hope it goes sort of smoothly for you!

Now that our situation is "out of the bag" so to speak, everyone has there opinions. One of dh's brothers that is divorced and now remarried, well he pretty much told dh that the two of us are at war, whether we wanna think it or not. So he is constantly calling and texting dh with his "advice", especially on how to "keep the kids". This is mainly why I wanted to keep it between the two of us as long as we could. We were finally just beginning to communicate again without so much hatred. Now he's down because his brother won't leave him alone. I think his brother is more at war than the two of us are?!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #275
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Hello. Just dreading the upcoming weekend again, and to top it off, it's a holiday.

Hope everyone else has a good one though!
I don't like the 4th of July any more either. It used to be such an all day family holiday. Now I don't have a family any more and nothing to day on the holiday. I don't like Thanksgiving or Christmas either.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #276
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Laura, so sorry for the troubles. Try to just separate yourself from it all. Your lawyer will handle it.

The holidays can be difficult. But remember their are times in our lives where the holidays are just not all what they are cracked up to be! The media, hallmark, etc...wish and want us to think differently-- but you know, that is not real.

Choose to have a nice day tomorrow. Have a special coffee. Craft. Put fresh sheets on your bed and watch a movie. Whatever will provide relaxation for you.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #277
Kookie Creator

When my step-Dad passed away, we went to a seminar on how to get through the holidays. They suggested starting a new tradition, so we moved Christmas to my house. The other holidays were always spent elsewhere, so it wasn't as hard to get through. I did the same thing when the kids Dad and I divorced, I changed somethings, kept the traditions I could deal with, and everyone seemed to agree.

Taishea, it's her drama, not yours.... just hold your head high and don't allow her to bring you down to her level.

Sending up prayers for all you ladies, for a holiday that not anymore then you can handle at the place you are in this journey. God Bless you all. Hugs.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #278
Die Cut Diva

Today I went to a 4th of July BBQ and it was a little hard since everyone comes as couples. I ended up leaving crying but did go back after I pulled myself together. I hope everyone can enjoy their 4th even if its not with a partner.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Happy Fourth of July everyone. I saw family yesterday. So today laundry and a light clean up around here. Getting ribs ready for the grill. My DD had to work today so we will just enjoy a nice meal and evening.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 AM   #280
Crimping Master

This week was a busy one...and getting even busier! Sunday was the annual cookout..the SIL really did not even acknowledge me...until I was telling about the things I have made..she made it out for alcohol..it is a water bottle holder with a strap so you do not have to carry the bottle and you are hands free... whatever..and to think I was going to give her one for an anniversary gift...We then went there on the 4th..seemingly a great day...not sure what is going on with her.....Taishea

Last edited by cletracloversgirl; 07-06-2011 at 02:35 AM..