Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #1001
Stazon Splitcoast

I know, Karen, thanks! I've just been having a downer couple of weeks, hoping to be on the upswing soon. Confronted him to get this divorce done, I'm tired of his games and his playing around with his "friend" and not allowing me to move on. So of course now it's two weeks later and still nothing. So I guess he's got until next week for us to figure this out together, otherwise, he can just talk with the lawyer. Like you said, I need to look to the future, need to stop him from holding me back yet again.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #1002
Stazon Splitcoast

You know what surprises me? Miss Thing doesn't seem to be pushing him to get the divorce either. You'd think she'd want to "be together" and meet the kids and blah blah blah. Makes me think she must be as selfish as he is. Once he's free and has the kids and wants to introduce her, will she still be around? If so, will she be good with/to the kids? This selfishness has me wondering what's in store...
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #1003
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to brightrachel1008

Hi all! Hope you all have been well. It seems like I've been sooo busy lately, so I'll give a bit of an update. The past month has especially strengthened a friendship with man that I met at work. He's gay. That's absolutely perfect for me, he's fun, he cares, he really gets women, and my husband hates him. Perfect. He's been a great source of support, through my divorce and otherwise. He's vegan and encourages my victories in healthy eating, and we sometimes have 4 hour workout sessions. Self-esteem wise, it's been a monumental help. I still have a long ways to go.

This past week I came down with a cold and found myself home early and in bed, watching the movie Precious. I got a little emotional and started crying. Thinking about how I thought he was perfect for me. How in love we used to be. He came over and helped me clean for a house showing because I was so sick, and it was all I could do to keep from telling him I missed him.

Then came today... and his home phone was shut off, because he didn't give me money to pay it... so I didn't pay it. I told him he would have to give me money if he wanted me to pay it, and he said he wouldn't, and that if I wasn't going to pay for the phone, he wasn't going to pay the rent. Then the back and forth. (Keep in mind, these bills are in my name, but since he refused to leave the house, he's using the services) He called me mean and malicious because I said I would have to have the cable and power shut off, because I'm trying to figure out how I'll pay my bills this summer. He threatened to not pay the rent, and take me to court for having the power (in my name) turned off. He yelled over me, no matter what I was saying, even though I told him I wanted to come up with a solution.

Eventually I told him to leave because I couldn't talk to him. (Crying at this point) He took his cane and slammed it on my grandmother's side table, leaving a dent, then hit the front door with it, causing another dent. Slammed the door and left. Thank you, for reminding me, once again, why I left...

I decided to block all of his family on facebook incase I decided to post something stupid in a fit of rage. (i'm really very smart about facebook use) In doing so, I find that my husband has unfriended me. I looked him up quickly to doublecheck, and yep, he did. Ohhhh and his recent activity says he's made friends with an ex-girlfriend. The same ex that caused so much trouble 3 years ago.... yeah... This time she's engaged to be married, but who knows. I think those two assholes were made for each other.

He came back over an hour later and asked if I would pay to turn his phone back on. Said he would pay the rest of the bills in their entirety. I made him write it out and sign it before I called and paid his past due balance. Jerk.

It's final's week. After Thursday I'll be concentrating on moving all of my belongings into storage, and filing the divorce. I think he feels his "ex" was the one, and I was his ten year consolation prize. Good thing he keeps me pissed off, sometimes I guess you need a reminder...
Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1004
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Rachel, hugs to you. Hope you're feeling better. I just had that same type of reminder a few weeks ago.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #1005
Kookie Creator

Rachel, seems odd your paying some of his and he pays some of yours, hope you can get it sorted for summer so you can have a new start and enjoy yourself. Men are selfish by nature. Well most men.

I have just found out that it's no wonder the new girlfriend hates my guts, he is saying I made him pay eldest phone bill, when I have spent 6 months asking him to release her contract so I can do it myself by Direct Debit.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #1006
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharron246 View Post
Rachel, seems odd your paying some of his and he pays some of yours, hope you can get it sorted for summer so you can have a new start and enjoy yourself. Men are selfish by nature. Well most men.

I have just found out that it's no wonder the new girlfriend hates my guts, he is saying I made him pay eldest phone bill, when I have spent 6 months asking him to release her contract so I can do it myself by Direct Debit.

Sharon, the fact of the matter is our lives are still way too intertwined. Hopefully after this week things will be a little less complicated. ~One nice thing I can say about my ex this week. ~ I was coming home from work a couple nights ago and my wheels started grinding. I called him to see what to do, and he came and picked the car up at 6 am the next morning before I left for work. When I was off work the brakes had been changed for me. It really was a big help, since the last time they were changed it cost 400 dollars. He didn't even charge me the 30 dollars he paid for the brake pads.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #1007
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightrachel1008 View Post
Sharon, the fact of the matter is our lives are still way too intertwined. Hopefully after this week things will be a little less complicated. ~One nice thing I can say about my ex this week. ~ I was coming home from work a couple nights ago and my wheels started grinding. I called him to see what to do, and he came and picked the car up at 6 am the next morning before I left for work. When I was off work the brakes had been changed for me. It really was a big help, since the last time they were changed it cost 400 dollars. He didn't even charge me the 30 dollars he paid for the brake pads.
That was the right thing for him to do, his child rides in that car. I had a something like that with my ex, and in return he wanted me to not ask for child support (HAHAHAHAHA), I just laughed at him.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #1008
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny, I needed new rear brake pads and my stbx didn't think he could change them because he's not familiar with Hondas. My brother ended up doing it...supposedly the easiest of the Honda brakes to change. I watch too many crime shows and not so sure I'd want him "working" on my brakes right now anyway.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #1009
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Funny, I needed new rear brake pads and my stbx didn't think he could change them because he's not familiar with Hondas. My brother ended up doing it...supposedly the easiest of the Honda brakes to change. I watch too many crime shows and not so sure I'd want him "working" on my brakes right now anyway.
lmbo! Okay so I totally called my best friend and texted two more people that he was going to be working on my brakes. That way if anything were to happen...
Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1010
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
lmbo! Okay so I totally called my best friend and texted two more people that he was going to be working on my brakes. That way if anything were to happen...
Good idea! Don't let him offer you anything to drink, either!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #1011
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so today's ordeal... the kids have been going to bed later and later, so I had them going 10 minutes early if they go to bed late, then three "on-times" gets them 10 minutes back. The girls have been going to bed 30 minutes early for the past 3 weeks, which of course means they've been video chatting earlier with their dad. (If we'd been doing things and got home later, they'd get 20 minutes to get ready for bed, whatever. They'd still have to get their video chat in with dad too.) So tonight I'd had it, it was taking dd1 toooooo long to brush her teeth and everyone else still needed their turn, so I sent her to bed, without video chatting. The rule was get ready, potty, jammas, teeth, BEFORE video chat, and everyone was done chatting, just waiting for her. I get her out of bed to explain the importance of following the rules, and while I'm doing this he calls to yell at me for keeping him from his kids, punishing him because they won't listen to me, blah, blah, blah. I can't believe it!!! So I let her talk with him on the phone. Then he calls me back and yells some more. Fifteen years of this crap and I still don't understand why he left, blah, blah, blah some more. What did I want from him? If I want to be married, then I should let him back in the house, blah, blah, blah. What the hay? No I don't want him back, I want to be done with the divorce and never have to deal with him again. But that won't happen because we are forever connected with four kids.

So I call my brother, in tears, who reminded me of everything I already knew, everything my therapist has been telling me (but I don't see her for another 3 weeks and it's already been 2 weeks since I've seen her because of my limited time to see her...when dd2 is in afternoon kd). So frustrating. Bro also reminded me that video chat is a privilege to the kids, not a necessity and that rules need to be followed. For goodness sakes, it's not like we live far apart, he's only 5 minutes away! He's still trying to rule the house when he doesn't even live here anymore. We're trying to live our lives and then to add video time into the already hectic getting-to-bed time. Am I wrong? Did I cross a line? *sigh* Thanks for listening...
Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #1012
Kookie Creator

Here is my opinion on this... and yes, opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one

Sounds to me like he needs to behave or have his video privileges taken away for calling and yelling at you. This is about the kids, NOT HIM. When he starts yelling at you, calmly inform him that if he doesn't stop yelling you will hang up, because you do not deserve to be treated that way. You are raising your children to follow the rules at your home and that if he cared about his children.... he would back you up on the rules.

My ex would make rules and then I was to enforce them.... then he would tell the kids that I was unreasonable... he always had to be the nice guy and me the bad guy. This bothered me for years.... but now my kids have respect for me that they don't have for their Dad.

Remember, most people get divorced because they can't get along. We have lawyers to fight our battles for us, maybe he needs some court ordered parenting classes to smooth out the rough spots.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #1013
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Mary, I whole heartedly agree with your opinion! We went to one counseling session last June when trying to figure out the best way to tell the kids (which of course took him another 4 months to actually do it after I got on his case again). The counselor gave us a book to read about having a "good" divorce and getting along for the kids...of course he didn't want to read it because he seems to know it all already. That reminds me that our county has court ordered parenting sessions...2 or 3 of them so I supposed I should check on when they are; at least he can't get out of them.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #1014
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Happy Mother's Day, Ladies! I hope you fine nice ways to treat yourselves!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #1015
Kookie Creator

You need to stop thinking your wrong Laurie, he is the one who is in the wrong and I think you need to realise that.

You need to let the kid who won't miss a few times, so they start to value what they get, and he realise's he is an absent parent by choice. I would just put the phone down if he shouts at you, after saying "this is not acceptable." He won't respect you till you respect yourself. Just know we all support you.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #1016
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappingramma View Post
Here is my opinion on this... and yes, opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one

Sounds to me like he needs to behave or have his video privileges taken away for calling and yelling at you. This is about the kids, NOT HIM. When he starts yelling at you, calmly inform him that if he doesn't stop yelling you will hang up, because you do not deserve to be treated that way. You are raising your children to follow the rules at your home and that if he cared about his children.... he would back you up on the rules.

My ex would make rules and then I was to enforce them.... then he would tell the kids that I was unreasonable... he always had to be the nice guy and me the bad guy. This bothered me for years.... but now my kids have respect for me that they don't have for their Dad.

Remember, most people get divorced because they can't get along. We have lawyers to fight our battles for us, maybe he needs some court ordered parenting classes to smooth out the rough spots.
Take them off your call list, block them from your email, go thru legal help as long as you can. If beyond that they are a problem, go back to the lawyer.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 05-14-2012 at 01:19 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #1017
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Rescued our thread, it had left the page. Guess we need to post more often! Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer temperatures. And hoping everyone is having a good week.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 05-26-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1018
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Guys ...Court tomorrow for the ex to be sentenced for the thieft of his moms money ....will post tomorrow and let ya all know what happens !
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #1019
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the thread in a subscription folder so I never have to "look" for it.

Heading out to finish mowing the lawn. Trimmed a tree last week so it goes much faster not having to dodge the low branches.

Ally, can't wait to hear what happens.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #1020
Pearl-ExPert

Ally- I'm sure today will be filled with all kinds of mixed emotions for you... (((hugs))) I have to work tonight, so I may have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happened!

It's been a little crazy this week. Had to take Aiden to the eye doctor and dentist, and he's got to go to his pediatrician friday. All this for the start of kindergarten. Jeez. At least he had 20/20 vision and perfect teeth!

Last week was the end of the lease on "our" apartment. I took a good friend of mine over, got a uhaul truck, and ended up doing way more than my share of the work. After 3 days of helping him clean up the apartment I threw in the towel and told him he would have to finish on his own. He didn't. He begged (and received) two extra days on the apartment, and after that they told him no more time. He STILL didn't have it done on time, and says he will be paying them for an extra pro-rated day. Wow. Then I went to my storage unit to put some things away. He's still got stuff in there, because he begged, saying he didn't have money for his own yet. When I got there I found he had dumped all of his crap in a huge pile in front of the door. Lovely. He's still finding ways to piss me off.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #1021
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine is pissing me off too. He siblings are now bribing the kids...one brother is giving the kids an extra XBox 360 and he'll pay for the XBox Live subscription as long as the kids will use it to video chat with the grandparents. Guess STBX isn't having the kids video chat with them enough. The subscription also also for Netflix videos or something so then stbx can watch movies with his w****.

I also mentioned I was borrowing db's power washer so I can work towards staining the deck this weekend, which should have been done years ago. Of course he didn't offer to come over and help, which I figured no less. The kids keep wondering why dad doesn't come over and help. Not that I want him to, I'm just angry that I all of a sudden have to do it all myself...wasn't in the life plans, kwim?!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #1022
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Mine is pissing me off too. He siblings are now bribing the kids...one brother is giving the kids an extra XBox 360 and he'll pay for the XBox Live subscription as long as the kids will use it to video chat with the grandparents. Guess STBX isn't having the kids video chat with them enough. The subscription also also for Netflix videos or something so then stbx can watch movies with his w****.

I also mentioned I was borrowing db's power washer so I can work towards staining the deck this weekend, which should have been done years ago. Of course he didn't offer to come over and help, which I figured no less. The kids keep wondering why dad doesn't come over and help. Not that I want him to, I'm just angry that I all of a sudden have to do it all myself...wasn't in the life plans, kwim?!
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I find myself using those exact words a lot lately. It can seem like SO MUCH when you have all of this stuff to tackle, and nobody to pitch in...

I spent the week working (40 hours) as well as taking Aiden to school on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and then picking him up. I also managed to get Aiden to a dentist, eye doc, and pediatrician's appointment, as well as getting him registered for school next year. I have spent every last dime seeing that all of this was taken care of, and I still have to buy him new summer clothing because he's growing too fast, new shoes too. There has been no downtime this week. His father is upset because I want him to pick him up at 4pm and bring him back at 9:30 when I'm off of work.... this would apparently be too much gas money. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! He better not squawk about throwing me a couple hundred bucks when he gets paid...

I hope your week gets better Laurie. Just focus on the kids, they are our happiness.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #1023
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry for the delay my friends ....well i went to court with my best mate and her husband , she (the best friend) has a mate who works in the courts who met us to talk us thru what was happening ..as we arrived at the court and had our bags searched etc , the ex walked in behind , alone and looking like death warmed up ......he didnt look at any of us ...also another chap walked in who looked a bit familiar but more of him in a min.
Well the clerk called the case and we were led to the public gallery (different door as its a very old building) The clerk read out the charges and the fact he had pled guilty and the defence had a little talk that he addmitted the charge but not the amount he reconned he had taken some where in excess of 135,000 not 191,725 however he didnt know really what he had taken ....The judge said it made no difference to the sentence as anything over 125,000 put him in the highest bracket of up to 6 years in prison ...Anyway the procecuter stood up and went over the facts of the charge and what he had done and how he had left his mum in debt 45,000 and without anything etc etc ...the defence got up and did the "poor chap he was depressed and ill and missed the military and how before all this he was of good character" blah blah blah .....The judge then left to make up his mind ...he was gone for bout 10 mins , the procecuter actually came over to chat to me and was most pleasant .The ex sat head bowed pretty much all the time , so the judge came back and the ex got 3 years ...well 18 months inside prison the 18 on license (parole) ........the other chap who came to watch was an ex college of the ex ..the ex had lost respecty of all his workmates before he was fired from his job and this other chap had been made redundant because the ex had let that section down and they had cuts .....PHEW what a week ....kids said it should have been longer ...thats so sad isnt it , i just feel sad that he could have behaved that way ......Luckily his mom is too far gone with dementia to know what he has done !!!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #1024
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Happy Memorial Day ladies!

Ally, what a story! Wow...well he got what he deserved.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #1025
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyB View Post
so the judge came back and the ex got 3 years ...well 18 months inside prison the 18 on license (parole) ........the other chap who came to watch was an ex college of the ex ..the ex had lost respecty of all his workmates before he was fired from his job and this other chap had been made redundant because the ex had let that section down and they had cuts .....PHEW what a week ....kids said it should have been longer ...thats so sad isnt it , i just feel sad that he could have behaved that way ......Luckily his mom is too far gone with dementia to know what he has done !!!
A summer of freedom for you and your kids then, after all daddy can't cause any harm locked away.

Hope your life is so changed when he comes out that the kids just arn't interested.

Last edited by sharron246; 05-28-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #1026
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, only 3 yrs and half on parole, I thought it would have been the max with 3 yrs of it as parole but I suppose there's a little pity in there for the after-military stuff. Anyway, he did get some punishment and you should have a peaceful 18 months ahead of you to get yourself established a little better. Glad this part is over.

Sorry his mom is out the money, worse yet, doesn't even realize it.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #1027
Kookie Creator

At least he got some jail time. He is probably only sorry he got caught, and doesn't feel any quilt about stealing from his Mother.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #1028
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappingramma View Post
At least he got some jail time. He is probably only sorry he got caught, and doesn't feel any quilt about stealing from his Mother.
I am thinking the same thing Mary. I'll bet that is how all of our ex's feel about any wrong doing they have done to us, our kids, our families...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #1029
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, I just don't think 18 months is anywhere near equal to stealing someone's entire life savings...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #1030
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Wow, I just don't think 18 months is anywhere near equal to stealing someone's entire life savings...
No it isn't...I wonder if besides that he has to somehow pay back to his mother?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #1031
Polyshrink Goddess

Well the police will now put into force the "Proceeds of crime" act which means that they will seeze anything bought with Mum in laws money (so the girlfriend will loose her convertable car, yay) then all that stuff is auctioned ...it will not add up to what has been stolen but at least the criminal does not get the benefit from it ....You know i was thinking about the jail time and 18 months does not sound much , but this man has not ever been in trouble ...i believe talking to the police habitual criminals find jail time pretty easy, but the ex ...i think he will find it pretty darn tough ...., the fact that i will not have to deal with him for a long time is good ...altho he has left owing us 1500 in back child support which i am never likely to see ...honestly i am still shocked how it all turned out ..who is this man !!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #1032
Kookie Creator

I think we were just blind to their true character, we reasoned away their actions. I've realized that my ex was always a selfish, self-involved, jerk, I just didn't allow myself to see it. He keeps telling people that he's changed, the only thing that he has changed is wives, jobs, and his address. I pitty him, he is a sad lonely man, who has no real friends, because to have a friend, you have to be one first... he has no idea how to be a friend.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #1033
Polyshrink Goddess

very true words ..when i think back all i did was run round trying to make him happy and he never thought about any one elses feelings ......very selfish man ..actually i dont care any more for my sake but the kids urghh .......
Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #1034
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Ally, I bet the whole thing is like an out of body experience. Wouldn't it be fun to be there to see the gf's face as the car us taken away?! True about the 18 months being a really long time for him, although hopefully it will be long enough to make him realize what he's done and to take the second chance to heart!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #1035
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyB View Post
very true words ..when i think back all i did was run round trying to make him happy and he never thought about any one elses feelings ......very selfish man ..actually i dont care any more for my sake but the kids urghh .......
I agree also. Same with me, stay home ALL the time because he didn't like to be around people. I'll be darned if my kids are going to turn out he same way! He's not talking to me again this week for whatever reason, probably because I said the kids should be home early enough on Monday to help with yard work. I was thinking more like before supper rather than after, but the kids wanted to come home so they were here by 2:30. He had the kids call and didn't talk to me about it (another selfish thing on his part is the discuss through the kids not with me, but my answer is have your dad call me about it, then he never calls. ) Like you said I don't really care anymore either...it's not worth the stress.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #1036
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

I was degraded in little ways right from the beginning. But it worsened as I had children, I didn't look right, I did everything wrong...

Man-- hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 06-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: rephrase
Old 06-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #1037
Kookie Creator

Funny how they lost so much and never realise it. Your all good kind woman.

Had to laugh the NEW fiance.. 10th ring he's handed out... wants to be facebook friends, weather must be getting colder as hell will freeze first.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #1038
Stazon Splitcoast

Now that's funny!

Going to try and get some yardwork done but it's getting hot out. Wish I'd done it yesterday, but wasn't feeling the greatest. The kids are supposed to be here mid-afternoon so we can go to a graduation party, which will probably get the predicted rain for this afternoon.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1039
Kookie Creator

Life gtes back to normal in the UK after the Jubilee long weekend, This week is only 3 days long. Kids on holiday and off out for a trip of 125 miles and 3 nights to see Daddy, I am so glad he can;t drive and can't afford to visit.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #1040
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharron, hope your trip went well, considering.

I suppose I should let the kids wrap their Father's Day gift. Last fall when up north with my folks, I had taken a picture of the kids by the college that their dad went to. Had it made into an acrylic photo with a coupon I had. Selfishly I don't want to give it to him because then his "friend" will get to look at the kids. He sent an email the other day with a link for a rachet set he wants, of course I don't want to spend money on him either. But it's from the kids, not technically me, so I shouldn't be so petty. I think the only picture he has in his room is of his now 22yo neice/god-daughter when she was 8.

His parents are coming Sunday night to be with the kids too. Eight in a small apt should be fun. Told him to look at the schedule because they'd probably want to come the next weekend to see dd1 act in a play at the outdoor theater on Fri, then dd2's class will be performing one of the dance routines Saturday morning also at the outdoor theater stage. (I got frowned upon for not offering to get them tickets to the dance recital last month...here's another chance and it's free, but oh well.)