Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #641
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Well we/he told the kids last night. Ticked me off that he said "we decided to divorce". There was no way I wanted a divorce, I was forced into it by his affair, but that's for another day. The kids all cried, in fact ds1 is taking it a lot harder than I ever expected. Breaks my heart to see him so hurt, he was still awake at 1:30am so we talked some more. He was worried about losing the house, going to court for custody (seems he knows some kids at school with parents having nasty divorces), is dad going to start dating, am I going to, because he really doesn't want that. Too much for a 14yo to be worrying about. I said to look at the bright side, when he moves out, he'll finally get to move to the downstairs bedroom... it brought a smile to his face. At least something else to think about for a while...
Hugs!! I am so sorry. It's just the worst to have your kids hurt. My daughter is 14 so I know that age well, and it is a hard one. Just be there for him 24/7 and listen to him ... just be honest with him... reassure him how much he's loved and needed and that it will all be OK, even when you don't believe it yourself.... one day at a time...
Old 10-11-2011, 04:09 AM   #642
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Good morning.
Laurie, such a difficult thing. Your 14 year old may have been thinking about those questions for a while, he may have suspected? Sounds like you handled things very well, they are lucky to have you for their mom!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #643
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, ladies! It's been a difficult few days. Ds1 keeps asking his questions, so that is good. The others won't really "get it" until he actually moves out. Get this, last night he suggested a "trial run" move out night, as in he'd stay at the apt one night to see how they react! REALLY?! What is he thinking?! They know what it's like when he's not here for one or two nights... he's gone away to his parents for a couple of weekends, two in a row last month as a matter of fact, and they've gone to bed many nights when he's not been here, he's gone before they even wake up every morning! They know what this is like and it won't make a difference, they will be hurt by the many days of no dad. Besides the fact that his bed is still here and him and his sister have NO furniture at all, so what, he's gonna share the bed with his sister...or maybe at his girlfriend's? That would sure help the kids, wouldn't it?! I had to look in the mirror to see if I had STUPID tattooed to my forehead! No buddy, once you are out, you are out! There will be no "test move", am I right?! *sheesh*
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #644
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Yup, Laurie, he needs to get his things together and get on with this. Dragging out the departure is making it hard on everyone. Once he is out, you can help the kids understand and the sooner they will adjust.
His attempt to try to make this "easier" is only delaying the inevitable. He made this decision, now he has to follow through with it.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 AM   #645
Cardstock Collector

I cant seem to get past the guilt of asking for anything from the marriage, I feel guilty for hiring the lawyer and for everything that I am trying to fight for, I do notice how "fair"it is if he gets everything and I have to pay for all of it. Is that normal feelings?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #646
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Vicki View Post
I cant seem to get past the guilt of asking for anything from the marriage, I feel guilty for hiring the lawyer and for everything that I am trying to fight for, I do notice how "fair"it is if he gets everything and I have to pay for all of it. Is that normal feelings?
Why would it be fair if he gets everything and you have to pay for it?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #647
Crimping Master

Send a message via Yahoo to cletracloversgirl

The process of divorce is hard...how we accept what happened during the marriage differs greatly from one person to the next. the guilt should not be...he is seemingly getting everything but the guilt...I am sorry that you are feeling this way...in due time (hopefully not too long either) you should get over the guilt...Taishea
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #648
Cardstock Collector

Good question, I have taken the brunt of everything that has been negative because I am the one who "ruined" the family. I m the one who asked for the divorce and wanted out. I was the one to hire the lawyer first and just feel tremendous guilt, not sure why.....hope this is a little normal.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #649
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Good question, I have taken the brunt of everything that has been negative because I am the one who "ruined" the family. I m the one who asked for the divorce and wanted out. I was the one to hire the lawyer first and just feel tremendous guilt, not sure why.....hope this is a little normal.
You must have your reasons for taking this action? I think as long as you are honest and above board, you have nothing to feel guilty about. I asked mine to leave and got the lawyer first, based on his behaviors-- that were intolerable. If you feel tremendous guilt, I suggest you see a good counselor to talk it through. I suspect in a session or two you will feel much better.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Miss Vicki, I am somewhat concerned about you. We have all been through so much and have experienced similar things.....if you need to talk privately pls pm anyone you feel comfortable with.

Last edited by hedgiemama; 10-14-2011 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #651
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the advice, been in counseling for a year, she says the same thing however, when I am being faced with not only hostility from him but now the children because he felt it necessary to tell them details concerning the bickering or the legal aspects it is very difficult not to ask myself if indeed I did do the right thing by initiating the divorce. I was married for 17 years and yes, did have good reasons but after all that time and when it is not just about two people it is hard to really take a good step back and see if maybe there may have been a different route. It is already a hard time when I have two teenage girls for a relationship and by all means he made sure it is even harder...not having any suport if the most depressing apsect for me at this point. I even gave almost everything to him just to make sure I couldnt be accused of taking him to the cleaners.....maybe I just need to get another perspective of other women who are going through the same thing. THanks for listening and the responses.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #652
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, been in counseling for a year, she says the same thing however, when I am being faced with not only hostility from him but now the children because he felt it necessary to tell them details concerning the bickering or the legal aspects it is very difficult not to ask myself if indeed I did do the right thing by initiating the divorce. I was married for 17 years and yes, did have good reasons but after all that time and when it is not just about two people it is hard to really take a good step back and see if maybe there may have been a different route. It is already a hard time when I have two teenage girls for a relationship and by all means he made sure it is even harder...not having any suport if the most depressing apsect for me at this point. I even gave almost everything to him just to make sure I couldnt be accused of taking him to the cleaners.....maybe I just need to get another perspective of other women who are going through the same thing. THanks for listening and the responses.
Sorry about him increasing the strain with your daughters. Could you get a lawyer and revisit some financial issues?
Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #653
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #654
Stazon Splitcoast

He's moving some things today, so my "good" weekends are getting closer!

Last edited by laurlynn; 10-16-2011 at 05:21 AM..
Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #655
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Wishing you all a weekend filled with relaxation, and calm.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #656
Crimping Master

Here it is Thursday! How are we all getting along..I am sure we are busy, but please do not forget about ourselves and taking a little time out of the day to do something for yourself. I find myself getting overwhelmed with things and then something silly happens and the stress is forgotten...and I am the one NOT to take time for me..I am going to today though...I am setting aside about an hour and lighting a candle and doing a little cross stitch for a Christmas gift....Hope everyone is having a great week. Remember to be kind to yourself, and to have a great day!

Taishea
Old 10-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #657
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. Cross stitch... I haven't done that in forever. I should see what project I have going on that I could start working on again. If nothing else I know I had a Halloween one that probably just needs to be framed. Thanks for the idea.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #658
Crimping Master

Your welcome..I am cross stitching a pillow case to be made into a doll....pillow case doll...it is sweet..I have a couple of those to do,plus a few sock monkeys to make and will be sewing a couple of doll kits for my nieces...lots to do and I need to get busy....Taishea
Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #659
Kookie Creator

If the men in our lifes had been so wonderful, we would not be asking them to go away.

It was all nice once but both parties have to work to keep love alive, you wouldn't keep a dead horse in the garden, so why put up with a lazy lump on the sofa.

If your ex want everything then he is selfish and mean and sometimes it is better to just let them have it all so you can move on. I am just so proud of how everyone seems to be moving on with life, and think we should all treat ourselves to a gift, then post on here to show what we were worth. Not the fact it has to expensive, just the fact we are worth it. I got a Tinkerbell charm and she reminds me that having fun is a right in life.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great idea! I've actually been thinking about this while impatiently waiting for him to leave. My gift to myself (and my kids) is to freshen this house up like it should have been done years ago but he was too cheap to let me do it. (Ladies, it still has wallpaper from I moved in 18 yrs ago ) So for me, it's a fresh coat of paint for a fresh outlook on life. (Not yet but soon...)
Old 10-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #661
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Such great ideas!

I am going to light a candle this weekend and do some knitting.

It is so important to take care of ourselves...taking a little time out and doing something we enjoy helps so much.

And in so doing, be grateful we don't have that dead horse in our gardens any longer!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #662
Stazon Splitcoast

My dead horse is still here, but soon, soon he will be gone!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #663
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Remember to call the "Knackers yard". In the uk it was where we sent the dead horses.

Lol I think you may now have a name for his new flat to tell your girl friends.
After all his new girlfriend is Nag.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #664
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharron246 View Post
Remember to call the "Knackers yard". In the uk it was where we sent the dead horses.

Lol I think you may now have a name for his new flat to tell your girl friends.
After all his new girlfriend is Nag.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #665
Crimping Master

Sharron you are funny!

Today I made about 3.5 dozen cinnamon rolls! they look so good! I am so happy to see all of us becoming friends. Under the circumstances, we need each other...even though I have been married for almost 2 years, I still find myself getting frustrated with the x...not so much for myself, but for the kids...they have gotten the short end of the stick so much with him.....they hurt and the x really cannot see it...I am thankful for my hubby that cares so much for the kids and I......I hope each of you ladies starting this journey take time for you...find out who YOU are again and live to your fullest possible...Love you all and you are in my thoughts and prayers daily...Taishea
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #666
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Taishea, how lovely! Thank you!
Ladies, hug yourself, treat yourself, take care of your needs every single day....

Last edited by hedgiemama; 10-21-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Old 10-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #667
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
No, you're not a fraud, you're just human. Talking with us probably made you think of things you'd buried.

I'm having a hard week again, as usual. The reality of the whole thing is coming to the surface again... he's been served (and has not spoken to me about it at all as in ignoring me yet again), he signed an apt lease this week so we'll be telling the kids soon before he moves out, and it's our 15th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. I often think about my future...I was 30 before I even met "Mr Right" so how long will it be before I find another, only now I'll be 47 next month and with 4 kids... honestly, who'd really be interested in that?!

*sigh* So this is where my mindset is right now. Maybe it's a full moon soon so that's why we're down.
I don't have kids, but I turned the big 5-0 in Sept and despite exercising a lot and trying to eat healthy foods, I'm still festively plump. I have those same thoughts about feeling like yikes, who'd be interested?

For me, the best antidote to that (can't say it works perfectly, but works pretty well most of the time) has been doing the best I can to keep my OWN life interesting whether or not someone else shows up or wants me or whatever. I may only be losing about a pound or two a month, but I'm still down 15 lbs since STBX departed. I figure if I keep losing a pound a month, I'll look pretty hot in about 2 years, LOL!

And the first thing I did the week after we signed the separation agreement and I got paid was book a trip to visit one of my best friends and her husband, who moved to San Antonio 2 years ago. I'm getting out more to stamp with friends and inviting them over, cooking dinner for folks, doing more kayaking with friends. I figure with or without a man around, it's up to me to take care of me.

Some days I still feel pretty overwhelmed and sad, but other days I feel pretty proud of myself and happy for making and honoring that commitment. I have a lot of bills to pay off but I still try to budget a little fun money each month for new stamps or smaller-size nylon quick-drying pants for kayaking. The other thing that helps is playing Tina Turner's 'You Better Be Good to Me' 20 times in a row.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
I know the holidays are looming ahead. My experience is that gift exchanges/card exchanges do not work all that well.

My suggestion is that for Thanksgiving and
Christmas...we all just take a moment to chime in ...and reflect...share a thought...and remember our group.

I hope that is ok with you ladies...if anyone wants to suggest a different approach and manage it, that is absolutely ok with me....
What a lovely thought!

I know I kind of disappeared for a bit--mgr's been out on maternity leave so I've been the go-to person on our team in her absence, plus we hired 5 new contractors and I'm in charge of training them and coordinating their work till she gets back. So I've been working with them and then schlepping the laptop home at night to get my own work done. I feel like a mama dog with 17 puppies--they're all adorable and fascinating but AAAGGGHH everyone get OFF me for a while, LOL! Actually it's been a really good challenge I'm just exhausted. On top of which when I got on my big 'up to me to make my life interesting' kick this summer, I booked visit to parents, visit to friends in San Antonio, having guests, stamping retreat with friends etc I neglected to look at the calendar. So I wound up making big plans with lots of travel 5 weeks in a row.

I'm going to take the dogs for a long walk and then lapse into a coma later, LOL...
Old 10-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappingramma View Post
The week started out on a sad note, a dear friend had to bury his 38 year old son. This son was like a nephew to me, it has left a whole in my heart. It's only been 2 1/2 years since his Mother passed away from cancer, and those of us that love this family were still trying to get over that loss.

On a positive note our new bed was delivered this morning. I spent yesterday buying new bedding and washing it. Now I need to find a new bedspread and bed skirt, looked at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday and didn't care for what they have. I really don't like shopping by myself very much.

It's going to be a wet weekend here in sunny Florida... lol We need the rain... winter will be starting soon and we need as much moisture as possible to start out the colder months.
Mary, I'm so sorry for friend's terrible loss--and for yours, too. I imagine your friendship and support must mean the world to them right now.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #670

Quote:
LOL! I love the dead horse analogy, all of you.

To everyone dealing with the situation with kids, while we didn't have any, I went through it as a kid. My Dad NEVER said a word against my Mom (although as he and I both got older and he got a little less mindful the last couple of years, he implied there was a lot he COULD have said but chose not to). My Mom and stepdad did NOT return the favor.

While both my Mom and Dad had issues, the older I got, the more I could appreciated who behaved well and who hadn't. I know it must have been so hard for my Dad to maintain his sense of honor about wanting me to have a good relationship with my Mom and respect her. I also know I didn't appreciate it at 8 or 10 or 15, but by 30 I VERY much did. My Dad wasn't perfect, but he was so strong and loving in being able to do that, and in truly living that conviction. He taught me so much about honor without ever saying a word. I've thought of him a lot this year in going through things with STBX.

I guess at the time my Dad had no idea whether I'd ever understand let alone appreciate that and I know you all must very much be in the same position with someone who's behaving so incredibly selfishly and manipulatively. From what I've read, it's fair to say to kids, if they ask, 'well, there are two sides to what happened, but I don't want to put you in the middle, and I won't.' I do think it's fair to say that much if someone's really going after you.

I just think ANYONE who'd manipulate their own child just to feel better about behaving badly is lower than dirt. It's even harder when you want them to understand how badly you've been treated but to do so would inevitably put them in the middle. Kids don't have the perspective to see that at the time, but those wordless examples say so much more than fighting back at the kids' expense. It just takes such a painfully long time for the truth to become obvious when parents choose to do the right thing for their children in that situation.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #671
Crimping Master

Jane thank you for you post...there are so many times that I feel "when are they going to appreciate what I do and will they EVER appreciate it.....?" I realize that not every child will fit into the timeline that you experienced, but it does give me hope...hope you are having a great day!
Taishea
Old 10-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletracloversgirl View Post
Jane thank you for you post...there are so many times that I feel "when are they going to appreciate what I do and will they EVER appreciate it.....?" I realize that not every child will fit into the timeline that you experienced, but it does give me hope...hope you are having a great day!
Taishea
Taishea, I imagine that has to be the hardest thing about having kids. You do so much and honestly don't know if they'll ever appreciate it. That must take so much faith, trust and the deepest of love. I can't imagine a more unendurable test of that love than having the person you'd counted on to be your helpmeet and partner through life trashing you to the kids to make himself feel better or blithely ignoring them so he can pursue pleasures or other women or just evade the responsibility. I guess it's hard because if anyone else let them down, you obviously try to sort out the situation--but there's never the same sense of needing to respect and leave them room to preserve a relationship with a bad coach or teacher or snotty friend that there is with the child's other parent.

I just sounds as though so many men (and from my guy friends' experience, women) who behave badly WANT what they get out of it (new partner, new experiences, no responsibility, whatever). But they DON'T want to feel they're in the wrong so they go through all sorts of rationalization and nastiness to try and convince themselves that they're still good people. And of course that just makes them look like bigger, even more selfish morons. And it creates huge confusion and anguish for the kids who least deserve to wind up in that situation due to a parent's selfishness.

I don't think anyone wants to feel like a bad person, but God bless the folks who can at least acknowledge their own selfishness, do their best to understand the problems they've created and have the decency to try and minimize the consequences.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #673

Quote:
That's a tough situation. My Mom initiated the divorce in our family too. As I got older I could understand her reasons better--my Dad had serious problems with alcohol and gambling, and as I got older and my Dad would get tanked and take things out on me, I understood a lot better what she'd had to live with. BUT the tough thing for me as a kid at the time was that he was a fantastic Dad and I didn't just love him--he was my north star and the sun rose and set over him. I really was (and still am) my Dad's little mini-me (well, thankfully minus the drinking and gambling problems). My Mom did the right thing for herself, because she really had tried with all her heart, and my Dad would neither get help nor stop losing everything they worked to save in the stock market. She couldn't live with that uncertainty and destructiveness any more, or with the really truly horrible things he said when he'd had way too much to drink (I was in college before I started to encounter that and boy did it ever change my relationship with my Mom). Of course my sister and I never saw all that as kids.

I don't know what to say other than it might help if you can give your daughters space to be mad and be honest about it. In Al-Anon (where I finally went when things with my Dad got really tough) one of the things I learned was a very gentle broken-record approach: 'I love you and I'm so sorry (or sad) that you feel that way.' Repeat as needed. It took a while, but I found that saying that defused a lot of situations where I felt hugely defensive with BOTH parents (they both had their issues).

The other thing I heard in Al-Anon that has helped me in a ton of situations that have nothing to do with alcohol, was a guy who was talking about his parents and said, 'just because it sucks doesn't mean they weren't doing their best, and just because they were doing their best doesn't mean it didn't suck.' That's one of the most liberating things I ever heard anyone say because it had so much acceptance and forgiveness in it, but at the same time such a realistic acknowledgement that a situation is still painful and horrible, EVEN when you understand that imperfect people are struggling to do their best.

I imagine that might be some of what your daughters are up against. No child wants to see their family break up. So they get angry and confused, but they don't have the perspective of an adult or the actual knowledge of what went on. They just get overwhelmed by that pain and don't know how to deal well with it. And on top of that they don't have the perspective to try and understand it with it in an adult way, with perspective and compassion.

I wish I could give you a huge hug. They're probably doing their best but it still really REALLY sucks.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #674
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
What a lovely thought!

I know I kind of disappeared for a bit--mgr's been out on maternity leave so I've been the go-to person on our team in her absence, plus we hired 5 new contractors and I'm in charge of training them and coordinating their work till she gets back. So I've been working with them and then schlepping the laptop home at night to get my own work done. I feel like a mama dog with 17 puppies--they're all adorable and fascinating but AAAGGGHH everyone get OFF me for a while, LOL! Actually it's been a really good challenge I'm just exhausted. On top of which when I got on my big 'up to me to make my life interesting' kick this summer, I booked visit to parents, visit to friends in San Antonio, having guests, stamping retreat with friends etc I neglected to look at the calendar. So I wound up making big plans with lots of travel 5 weeks in a row.

I'm going to take the dogs for a long walk and then lapse into a coma later, LOL...
Jane, you sound super busy! When you do post, your posts are so thoughtful and meaningful, don't ever feel you must check in! Sounds like you are doing well.
I am getting some things done, then plan to lapse into a coma myself. I am dog tired from the week.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #675
Compulsive Stamper

When I got a divorce I felt like I had failed. I had planned on being married forever. My parents were until my mother died of cancer. My ex still owes me $4000 for 1/2 the medical bills for our children. He did pay for any extra expenses such as school, clothing, extra-curricular, hobbies,etc. He told me a few years after we were married that he was going to work 25 years then quit working. It will be 20 years in November since we divorced. Now I know that it was the best decision I ever made. He quit working in 2004, 26 years after he began. His wife pays the bills. He was never a father to our children. Every day he drove within a couple of miles of our house on his way to work but never made an effort to visit them. He never acknowledged their birthday and barely bought Christmas presents even when he had a good factory job. It was tough as a single mother but I didn't have to tip-toe around the house wondering what mood he was in.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #676
Kookie Creator

I always took the blaim and was nice about Daddy, it meant my daugter thought it was my fault, and would not see her dad as anything other than perfect, it was such a mistake to foster this image, just because I could not bare to be nasty about him.

This time he told so many lies, that she heard it all and at 14 she understood, it changed her enough that this time he is classed as normal, my kids still love their mixed up dad but most of the the anger has and they tend to laugh about him and can see through his lies this time.

Of course he has no idea as they are always loving and respectful to him. All I can say is your children will grow up to see that life is like this and once they are part of a couple that what the world see's is not what goes on behind closed doors.

None of us are to blaim, once you get over the fact that to fail is not a sigma, it is a sign you tried your hardest and realise you are worth more. You have to Love yourself before anyone else can love you.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #677
Compulsive Stamper

My ex told the children I was selfish and spent the child support on myself. I added up all their extra-curricular activities like buying a musical instrument, show choir dress, dance lessons, girl scout uniform and dues and camp fees and found that his child support just covered those items and I paid all living expenses. He lived in a large city an hour away from work and paid $500 more for lot rent than if he lived in the small town where the factory was located. His wife was a stay at home mom so it didn't matter where they lived. They bought every movie and video gameing system when they came out. Things came to a head when I built a new house on over 40 acres of land. His jealousy became a rage and he took it out on the kids and they never went back and don't have much to do with him. I never talked bad about him and tried to explain to them why he acted like he did. It freaked me out when his daughter, the kids 1/2 sister told me that they talked about me every day. It upset me so much that I couldn't sleep well for a week.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #678
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceysmom View Post
My ex told the children I was selfish and spent the child support on myself. I added up all their extra-curricular activities like buying a musical instrument, show choir dress, dance lessons, girl scout uniform and dues and camp fees and found that his child support just covered those items and I paid all living expenses. He lived in a large city an hour away from work and paid $500 more for lot rent than if he lived in the small town where the factory was located. His wife was a stay at home mom so it didn't matter where they lived. They bought every movie and video gameing system when they came out. Things came to a head when I built a new house on over 40 acres of land. His jealousy became a rage and he took it out on the kids and they never went back and don't have much to do with him. I never talked bad about him and tried to explain to them why he acted like he did. It freaked me out when his daughter, the kids 1/2 sister told me that they talked about me every day. It upset me so much that I couldn't sleep well for a week.

They truely must have a very narrow life if they spoke of you daily. Mine tells my girls that I "make up stories"....I could not make up what happened at the end or his behavior in court, if I stayed up all night!

You moved on....good for you! Don't freak out, be proud how you are leading a better life for yourself! Don't think of them daily, whatever you do!!....
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

Well guess what?! He finally moved out on Sunday... I won't say willingly but deep down he knew it was time... he's had his apt since Oct 1st and kept putting it off because he wasn't "emotionally" ready. When would one be emotionally ready to leave his four kids?! Today (meaning last weekend) probably is not any easier than six months ago or two months from now. The only difference, I told him, was that three of our kids have birthdays this week, and six months ago I told him I didn't want it to come down to leaving around their birthdays because that would stick with them for the rest of their lives. And here we were, a week from the bdays, and I added that next weekend was right in the middle of these, and the weekend after was too far away. I'm being selfish now and not waiting another two weeks for him to leave. Then I reminded him that I was taking the keys back from him too, which he didn't think I was serious about. He could call first to make arrangements for the rest of his stuff. So of course he threw the keys at me while speaking a few choice words.

But that's okay, you can't, or maybe you can, imagine the relief and huge wait off of my shoulders on Monday! *sigh* I had a brief meltdown/panic attack Sunday night but am doing much better so far. I know there will be ups and downs but for now, it's okay!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #680
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Hooray for you Laurie! You will feel skiddish off and on at first, but overall, yes I know what you mean by--- relief!