Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #321
Stazon Splitcoast

Yippy on the orders, Toni...that's awesome! Yeah, God does have a way of putting things into prespective, doesn't he...with your hip etc...? And, it looks like he's getting ready to jump start you business for ya!

Oh, Julie... hope you feel better. That is just not fun. Take care and sleep well...I'm sur eyou will feel better in the morning....

I'm watching the debate and they are so nit picky...I'm just bristling at what they are saying...well, some of it. I think I'm going to head to CE to see if there is a thread on it. There usually is....wonder what everyone is thinking about it. Man, sometimes you just don't know who to trust or who is telling the truth about what.....crazy, I tell ya!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #322
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
hahaha funny...yes well are all broke with today's economy...but everyone is not broken.
OMG! You know when you reread something, and it sounds bad to you
It sounds like a bad response in a presidential debate
I meant it to be...LOL, yes that is very funny what you said.
And then I meant to start my comparison...whew...sorry.

Julie- I hope your throat is better soon...I will be praying!

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #323
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Bethhartley;11700564

I think I'm going to head to CE [/QUOTE]

Beth:
What is CE? I have heard that twice now, and I have no idea what that is?
Is is a secret place to have threads ?

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Beth:
What is CE? I have heard that twice now, and I have no idea what that is?
Is is a secret place to have threads ?
CE is the Current Event Forum which they debate/argue on religion, politics, etc.

Btw, sorry for not posting earlier today with a devotional but since Reynold is now home, we are busier than ever trying to get things done around here.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #325
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
CE is the Current Event Forum which they debate/argue on religion, politics, etc.

Btw, sorry for not posting earlier today with a devotional but since Reynold is now home, we are busier than ever trying to get things done around here.

See you all tomorrow.
If you do venture over to CE ... lurk before you post ... and then read the stickies at the top before you post ... and then ... good luck!
It's pretty hot over there due to the elections right now!

Fortunately ... our Canadian elections are over! 37 days from start to finish! Gotta love it!

Life is hectic here right now ... I'm short about two weeks that I need before Saturday!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #326
Pearl-ExPert

hi Gail thanks...are you a moderator for CE? That is someplace I probably would not post on...is it ok just to go look to see what people are saying about the elections? have a blessed night!

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #327

Quote:
hi Gail thanks...are you a moderator for CE? That is someplace I probably would not post on...is it ok just to go look to see what people are saying about the elections? have a blessed night!
Yes ... I'm one of the moderators in CE. There are quite a few of us who work together.

Lots of people read the threads there for pure entertainment value ... there are MANY threads about the election from almost every point of view ...

Once the election is over, there should be more threads that are less heated ... and probably more interesting ...

For me, CE is a chance to learn how others think.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Yes ... I'm one of the moderators in CE. There are quite a few of us who work together.

Lots of people read the threads there for pure entertainment value ... there are MANY threads about the election from almost every point of view ...

Once the election is over, there should be more threads that are less heated ... and probably more interesting ...

For me, CE is a chance to learn how others think.
I'd have to "second" the suggestion to read the sticky thread and lurk first. I have found that I do learn a lot about how others think...most of the time. Sometimes, though, I think I am just learning about how the most vocal posters think! LOL (and I end up being stressed out a lot because I am going over the issues too much in my mind...I think maybe I should be in the OCD support group!?)

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #329
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Btw, sorry for not posting earlier today

Caterina: No worries...I hope you don't mind that i did it...I don't mind doing it if you are going to be busy. And I hope it was something that was Caterina approved I enjoyed doing it,and it was good for me to do something like that.
if you ever want to take some time off, I will be happy to do it...i have many devo books.
God Bless you for doing it everyday for as long as you have.
let me know.

toni
Old 10-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina: No worries...I hope you don't mind that i did it...I don't mind doing it if you are going to be busy. And I hope it was something that was Caterina approved I enjoyed doing it,and it was good for me to do something like that.
if you ever want to take some time off, I will be happy to do it...i have many devo books.
God Bless you for doing it everyday for as long as you have.
let me know.
Goodness, Toni, please do not think I have cornered the market here for devotionals. Please feel free to post whatever you think would give us a spiritual lift -- we certainly need all we can get and then some!

Since Reynold has retired, we find ourselves busier than ever trying to get the house and yard in order now that our new addition/home remodeling is winding down. On top of everything else, my eyeglasses broke in half a few days ago, so now need to get myself out for a new pair. Trying to figure out what our vision coverage is and where it will be accepted. Sure will be glad to get that new body with perfect eyes one day.

Tomorrow is our monthly visitation with our grandson, Alexander. We will be leaving early in the morning to make our trek down south and then hand him over to his dad in the evening for the rest of the weekend. It has been six weeks since our last visit and our visits go so very fast but grateful to the Lord for every moment.

Here is a good one from dear ol' Joe Stowell. Have a blessed day.

Jesus: The Ultimate Joy of Life

“That my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete” John 15:11

I was seated next to Billy Graham at a dinner in North Carolina. I don’t know how you would have felt, but, given the circumstances, I wanted to be sure to hold up my end of the deal in terms of carrying on a good conversation. So I thought it would be interesting to ask Mr. Graham what he had enjoyed most about his many years of ministry. And then (as though he might not be able to think of an answer) I threw out a couple of possibilities. “Was it being with presidents and heads of state?” I asked, and then, feeling rather carnal for suggesting such an earthly thing to the great evangelist, I quickly added, “Or, was it preaching the gospel to millions?”

I got about that far when he took his hand and moved it across the linen tablecloth as though to wipe my lame suggestions onto the floor and said, “Joe, by far and away my highest joy has been my fellowship with Jesus! To sense His presence. To hear Him speak to my heart. To have His guidance and wisdom.” And then, as though he wanted to be sure that I had gotten it right, he said again, “My highest joy has been Jesus!”

I was riveted by his words. Billy Graham—who had traveled the world, whose fame and reputation was unrivaled, who had seen millions rush to hear him speak—had just told me in a spontaneous, unrehearsed response that his fellowship with Jesus had trumped everything else in his life!

I left the dinner feeling both convicted and challenged. Convicted because I’m not sure I would have said that right off the top of my head, and challenged because that’s exactly what I would want to be able to say. I want to know Jesus like that!

But I can hear some of you saying, “Yes, but that’s Billy Graham, God’s anointed evangelist. No wonder he feels like that!” So for all of us commoners who are not Billy Graham, let me tell you about my grandmother.

She was a farmer’s wife in south central Michigan whose life was busy with preparing meals for farm hands and keeping her end of the farm up and running. No one outside of a few friends knew her. She never did anything out of the ordinary that would have grabbed headlines or thrust her into the limelight. But often she would say to me, “Little Joe, do you know what my favorite hymn is?” In fact I can still remember her singing and humming it around the house. Its words go like this . . .

I come to the garden alone,

While the dew is still on the roses;

And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,

The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own,

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.

So, take it from my grandmother and from Billy Graham. No matter where life has put you or what you have or what you don’t have—a growing relationship with Jesus trumps it all!

Our journey…

* If I had asked you the question that I asked Dr. Graham, what would have been your response?
* Given that Jesus actually dwells in you in the person of the Holy Spirit, what could you do today to listen for His voice and to carefully seek His guidance and wisdom for your life?
* Be honest here: Is there any attitude, action, or resistance in your heart that blocks a clear and unhindered fellowship with Jesus? If so, take it to the cross to have it purged and your heart cleansed!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Yippy on the orders, Toni...that's awesome! Yeah, God does have a way of putting things into prespective, doesn't he...with your hip etc...? And, it looks like he's getting ready to jump start you business for ya!

Oh, Julie... hope you feel better. That is just not fun. Take care and sleep well...I'm sur eyou will feel better in the morning....

I'm watching the debate and they are so nit picky...I'm just bristling at what they are saying...well, some of it. I think I'm going to head to CE to see if there is a thread on it. There usually is....wonder what everyone is thinking about it. Man, sometimes you just don't know who to trust or who is telling the truth about what.....crazy, I tell ya!
Beth, you are a very brave soul to venture into CE --- I try to steer clear of that place for my own health and sanity -- whatever there is left of it.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #332
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
I'd have to "second" the suggestion to read the sticky thread and lurk first. I have found that I do learn a lot about how others think...most of the time. Sometimes, though, I think I am just learning about how the most vocal posters think! LOL (and I end up being stressed out a lot because I am going over the issues too much in my mind...I think maybe I should be in the OCD support group!?)
Lynn, I agree with the 'stressed out' part of going to CE and truly admire those who are brave enough to do battle in there.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold just left to do his vending business in Baltimore and I best get myself going to catch up on the long list of RAK's that I have promised people on the card request threads.

Have a blessed day.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #334
Pearl-ExPert

Caterina:
Oh! The devo today! My heart soars! As soon as i a saw the words "I come to the garden alone I started singing!
And yes, we all know that my giftedness is NOT in that arena, but no one is home, but Kirby...to be in love with Jesus!
Beth Moore writes about how she would never want any other women to be in love with her husband or have the save feelings towards him, but she wants every woman to have a relationship and be so in love with a particular one...Jesus the ONE and only

toni
Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #335
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Toni, love Beth Moore - do you know she is on every Wednesday on Life Today with the Robisons? The program is aired several times a day on a bunch of different stations.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #336
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Toni, love Beth Moore - do you know she is on every Wednesday on Life Today with the Robisons? The program is aired several times a day on a bunch of different stations.
How would i find out when she is on here? My TV is easy i only have 23 channels LOL! I would really love to see her on TV

toni
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #337
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
How would i find out when she is on here? My TV is easy i only have 23 channels LOL! I would really love to see her on TV
Toni, here is a website for Life Today that will help.

http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageSe...=bth_bethmoore
Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #338
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Toni, here is a website for Life Today that will help.

http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageSe...=bth_bethmoore
[SIZE="4"]Yea! I am ready to tune in tomorrow!!
Thank you!!

toni
Old 10-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #339
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Your OCD comment made me lol! Too funny!

Yeah, well my first ce experience a few years back was less than pretty........was bad, bad, bad.....I wish someone would have given me the advice 2 years ago that Gail just gave. Hehehe! There are some wonderful peeps in ce...we may all think differently about religion and politics or world events....but still...many super ladies over there would come help you in a New York Minute! I learn a lot there for sure! Thanks, Gail, for keeping us all in line over there...I'm sure you don't get told that enough! ((hugs))

Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina..hope you are having a great time having more face to face time with Mr. Reynold...I'm so glad he's retired now too and you both can just enjoy this time in your lives!

Thanks for all the devos ladies....keep em coming!

I've had a busy day and I'm about to fall alseep sitting here so I will just say hello and love you all and hope you all have blessed days tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #341
Matboard Maniac

Good evening ladies, I have been a buisy girl, building cabinets and drawers to hold my stamping supplies. I have finally hit on a solution of how to store my stuff and still have a nice looking room. If I ever get my camera to work I'll post pictures.
Have been working hard, and reading the posts every couple of days. Thanksso much Toni for the Devo. enjoyed it very much. I like to go to my bible and read the scripture I think it reinforces it in my mind.
Caterina I liked the devo from you also, and yes I sang the song outloud while I thought ofmy own dear Gramma. I have really tried hard to keep him in my thoughts and heart alll day everyday. One way I keep feeling closer to Jesus is by singing the songs in my head, or qietly to myself while doing my work. The nice thing is I work with several Christian ladies and sometimes they will jump right in and sing with me. I listen to Christian radio in my office at work also, we used to play it in the kitchen all the time but one of the new ladies complained about listening to it at work, so I took the radio to my office. It is mine anyway, and that was the station everyone wanted to listen to. That lady only lasted a few months, and she was gone.
Sis finally got some SS for the kids. She had to open accounts at the bank for all of them so the money is auto deposited, seems like alot of work for not much money. She still is waiting to hear from the insurance, but she seems in good spirits when we chat on the phone, will be seeing her this weekend at Moms.
I get to attend a stamp camp Sat. we get to make 8 Christmas Cards and make a tile magnet. Am looking forward to it.
Hope everyone is well, or on the mend. In church sunday we sang a new song about the holy spirit comeing down to dwell within us, and you all came into my mind as we sang. I saw Beth's sweet face, and either your avatar or name as they appear hear. I just felt so blessed to have you all as sisters. I keep you in my prayers daily.
Gloria hang in there, I know the wait is long and scarey.[[HUG]] I keep you and your dh is my prayers.
Elee I am so jealouse, Cha Cha!!!! Way to go, have fun.
April youtake care.
Caterina have lots of fun, everyone I know who is retired says the same thing. Iam buisier now than when I worked. Just take care and not overdo, want to keep your tummy happy. Enjoy your grandson. My oldest is 15 so I let him drive me to run errands. He took me to Target and helped me get my cabinets home to be put together. I want him to be really comfortable driving, so I have him drive me to the big town every couple of weeks.
This week end wwe got our garden put to bed for winter, pool winterized and fire wood delivered and we got it stacked and put away. Our grandkids helped and then on Sunday after church our son cut some wood for starting fires. It is so nice to have a working fireplace to help heat the house. In our old home we had a wood stove, it would keep our whole house warm.
Any way the new meds are working great, cuz I'm doing just fine. All the tests they did onmy kidneys have come out okay so far. I have Lupus and right now what has been affected is my skin, joints,blood. Anyway I am doing good and that is all that matters.
Any way you all take care, Julie, Toni,Gail,Gloria,Steph,April,Doris,Wendy, Beth. I know there are more of youthan I can think of at this late hour.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #342
Insane Embellisher

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Spent some time trying to read all your posts, you are all such a blessing each time I read what you have wrote about your daily lives and the devotions.

We still have not heard anything about the tumor, I want to (and need to ) think no news is good news. Went and got our flu shots yesterday and talked to our family Dr. about seeing someone else just to see what they think about any treatments. He was nice to bring up a 20 page article from the Dr. site (www.update.com) for us to read. Asked two of our children who work in the hospital setting to have it brought up for them to read and see what they think. Our Dr. seems to think also it is just surgery that will work, but article does then mention other options. Will see what the kids think.

Will be spending much of the day with our one grandson that does not have school today while his dad has 4 teeth pulled.(OUCH)

Our one and only little granddaughter fell and possibly broke her elbow (2 years old), so will see an ortho Dr. this morning. Praying it is not broken .

Will keep each and everyone of you in my prayers each day that God will be with you and give you the comfort and peace each need.

Talk to you later and hope all have a blessed day! Gloria
Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #343
Matboard Maniac

Wink Good Morning

Gloria I am with you no news is good news. Sounds like you found a gem of a doc. My reumatologist told me to go on the internet about lupus, that way I could ask questions. Thought that was really nice. Any way enjoy your grandson, and hope your grandaughter is okay.
Take care all
jGod Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #344
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Lovlies! This devo is from the book Purpose Driven Life by Pastor Rick Warren. The portion of the book picked me because it was about this.... God Wants To Be Your Best Friend

A way to establish a friendship with God is by thinking about his Word throughout your day. This is called meditation, and the Bible repeatedly urges us to meditate on who God is, what he has done and what he has said.

It is impossible to be God's friend apart from knowing what he says. You can't love God unless you know him, and your can't love him without knowing his Word. The Bible says God God "revealed himself to Samuel through his word." Fod still uses that method today.

While you cannot spend all day studying the Bible, you, can think about it throughout the day, recalling verses you have read or memorized and mulling them over in your mind.

Meditation is often misunderstood as some difficult mysterious ritual practiced by isolated monks and mystics. But meditation is simply focused thinking--a skill anyone can learn and use anywhere.

When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that is called worry. When you think about God's Word over and over in your mind, that's meditation. If you know how to worry, your already know how to meditate! You just need to switch your attention from problems to Bible verses. The more you meditate on God's Word the less you have to worry about.

The reason God considered Job and David his close friends was that they valued his Word about everything else, and they thought about it continually throughout the day. Job admitted, "I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread." David said, "Oh how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long." They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about them."

Friends share secrets, and God will share his secrets with you if you develop the habit of thinking about his Word throughout the day. God told Abraham his secrets, and he did the same with Daniel, Paul, the disciples, and other friends.

Point to Ponder: God Wants to be MY Friend

Verse to Remember: "Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him," Psalm 25:14 (LB)

Question to Consider: What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?

toni
Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #345
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to StephStamps1982 Send a message via Skype™ to StephStamps1982

Wow! I didn't know we went to phase 2 of this thread...have I been away that long? Geesh!

Things have been busy around here...with both girls in school and me working part time...and still trying to take care of everything...without much help...it hasn't been easy and I certainly haven't had a merry heart lately...

I've been feeling really down and feeling like noone cares...and rather alone...funny right...since there are 6 people total living here but it seems like everyone needs something from me at some point or another...but doesn't notice that I'm different...I sometimes wonder if they see me at all...or if I am just like a peice of furniture around here...that happens to do the things that need to get done.

Anyhow, I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still alive. Prayers would be greatly appreciated...and I could really use some "happy mail". I just don't know why I'm in this slump...I haven't even been stamping very much lately...

Stephanie

~
Proud Mom & Army Wife ~

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Stuff I've Stamped

Last edited by StephStamps1982; 10-17-2008 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #346
Forum Fanatic

Default URGENT prayer request

For the first time in a very very long time I had a chance to witness to my FIL this morning on the telephone! He is going to be 94 yrs. old next month and has only ever shown disbelief in God. He is into the "I have been a good man and done my best" thought process. He even said he hopes that heaven is set up like the Catholics believe [?] that there is an in between place where he can work off any unaccounted for sins to get to heaven eventually.

The conversation started because he said he had sat down with a tablet and made a list of all the people he had ever known and come up with some large number-but all of them were gone now. I told him that was to be expected considering his age, and that God was waiting to take him since he had not yet believed in what His Son had done. I also told him that I loved him and wanted to see him in heaven some day so have been concerned about his unbelief in what Jesus did.

It was a good conversation. I encouraged him to read the book of John and ask any questions he might have.
Please pray for him!!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #347
Forum Fanatic

Oh Steph, I think all SAHMs feel that way to some degree or another, at some point or another. I can truly send you <hugs> of empathy having been there myself.

They do love you and do appreciate you but just never voice it. Perhaps you could explain to your family that since you spend most of your time there serving them it would really be an encouragement to you in your job if they could point out the things they really like or things they appreciate or things they notice you have done for them, or just the fact that you are there for them. If they only knew how much easier and enjoyable those comments make being a SAHM, they would probably speak them more often.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #348
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Beth, you are a very brave soul to venture into CE --- I try to steer clear of that place for my own health and sanity -- whatever there is left of it.
I have ventured into CE way too much lately and indeed it can be a bit too much for normalcy. Many times I found people that like to share ideas and viewpoints which is great, but there have been a few times that I actually felt directly attacked. I prefer being here with friends I know care about me even with all my foibles.

Besides we could talk about that same stuff here from a Biblical worldview, right? Or is that against the rules of this thread?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #349
Hardware Hotshot

Dear Lord-

We come together in your name to give you praise for Elee's FIL. Thank you that she was able to talk about you with him. We give you glory for that. And we ask you would continue to work in his heart to soften it, to open his mind up to you. Let him know that it isn't too late to turn to God, that he hasn't wasted his life b/c life truely starts when we know you. Bring others into his life to minister to him and get him thinking about you. We also ask to continue to give "God Moments" to Elee. Let her be filled with your wisdom, grace, and mercy to speak about You with him. We ask that this situation would bring You glory.

In Your Name We Pray-
Amen
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #350
Pearl-ExPert

Elee- I gotcha covered with the FIL, thanks for bringing the prayer request.
Also good to hear from you

Steph: I know i don't you...but I have you covered too! And here is a HUG from your sister in Christ!

Be blessed ladies!

toni
Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
I have ventured into CE way too much lately and indeed it can be a bit too much for normalcy. Many times I found people that like to share ideas and viewpoints which is great, but there have been a few times that I actually felt directly attacked. I prefer being here with friends I know care about me even with all my foibles.

Besides we could talk about that same stuff here from a Biblical worldview, right? Or is that against the rules of this thread?
Just don't ask me to moderate ... OK? This is where I come to relax. And please, right now, don't talk politics. I truly couldn't handle it ...

The rules of this thread ... basically it's a chat thread ... about things Biblical ... and our lives ... so ... not a lot of rules ...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #352
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Greetings from a very happy grandmother - today is our day to spend with our oldest grandson, Alexander. Since he will be spending the weekend with his dad, we get an extra couple of hours with him. PTL!

Hate to post and run but... here is a quick devotional.

VERSE:
He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever
ignores correction leads others astray.
-- Proverbs 10:17

THOUGHT:
God has given each of us a circle of influence, a place where
our lives impact others for either good or ill. In much the same
way, each of us is also influenced by others, some of whom can help
us see and overcome our problems and shortcomings. However, if we
reject or snub discipline and correction, we not only harm
ourselves, but we lead others astray. The choices we make don't
determine just our destination; they also greatly impact others!

PRAYER:
Dear God, please forgive my foolish arrogance and my lazy
indifference to your truth and wisdom. I am humbled by the
knowledge that you have made my life significant to others. Please
empower me to use that influence to gently and humbly lead them in
the way of your truth. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #353
Hardware Hotshot

An update on my SIL, Sandra: Her blood pressure went up so... she'll be having a baby tonight or tomorrow depending on if her bp stablizes. The dr thinks the baby might have turned so if he/she has, then she'll be induced. If not, then a c-section. I'm babysitting my nephew which should be fun. DS and him are best buds.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #354
Stazon Splitcoast

Steph..glad to see you pop in....hugs for the day. We love you here so when you are feeling poopy...come on over! HUGS! and prayers too!

Nice tos ee so many of you girls checking in.

Elee..will def. be praying for your FIL...that's awesome that you got to say those things to him. I will pray.

Nice to see some of the updates from Margy and Gloria.

Oh, I'd love to talk politics from a Biblical perspective but don't want Gail to go over the edge! Poor Gail.....come here to your safe place....we'll keep it light and uplifting. I did want to say that Gov. Palin was about 5 miles from our home tonight..she's speaking even as I type and I'm sooooo sad I'm not there. Here's a link... you can watch live if you want....

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9193763

Okay, that's my political blurb for the day......

Now I have to get dinner going..we have church tonight with the kids, flag football in the a.m., a b=day party in the evening then Sunday...and I think I'm catchign al ittle cold......

Anyway, hugs to you all...have a great weekend.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
An update on my SIL, Sandra: Her blood pressure went up so... she'll be having a baby tonight or tomorrow depending on if her bp stablizes. The dr thinks the baby might have turned so if he/she has, then she'll be induced. If not, then a c-section. I'm babysitting my nephew which should be fun. DS and him are best buds.

You know I'll be praying.....have fun with the 'boys' and bella babe!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #356
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Oh, I'd love to talk politics from a Biblical perspective but don't want Gail to go over the edge! Poor Gail.....come here to your safe place....we'll keep it light and uplifting. I did want to say that Gov. Palin was about 5 miles from our home tonight..she's speaking even as I type and I'm sooooo sad I'm not there. Here's a link... you can watch live if you want....

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9193763

Okay, that's my political blurb for the day......
The sad thing is that is what is being said in nearly every place that Christians are gathered.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
The sad thing is that is what is being said in nearly every place that Christians are gathered.
Could you clarify please? I'm confused?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #358
Pearl-ExPert

hi busy Betharina! I miss you!

Gloria! I believe No news is good news too! Big Hug

Margy great to hear from you.

Caterina- Glad you had fun with Alexander

I am almost afraid to ask this question
Elee- what is the sad thing that is being said where Christians are gathered?

toni
Old 10-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #359
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Could you clarify please? I'm confused?
like we are not supposed to talk about political things at church gatherings either
Old 10-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #360

Elee ... let me clarify please.
If you really want to talk about politics here, that's fine.
I get far too much of it because I'm a CE moderator. It's just an overdose that I've gotten right now ... we had our federal election here in Canada on Tuesday.

AS long as it doesn't turn into CE ...

And ... churches are limited by tax regulations ...
but Christians gathering in other places aren't ... and that's where we need to discuss things.