Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #281
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, found it....

One Sheet Wonder aka OSW for 14 Cards!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #282
Pearl-ExPert

Good Evening beautiful ladies!

It is 71 degrees in AZ this evening! Oh...wonderful! I went to the grocery store...it has been quiet here all day. I was suppose to have a workshop and had to cancel, due to my relapse...BUT that is OK.

Elee- cha cha girl! thank you for the wonderful scripture! Paul is one of my heros! that particular scripture was one i hung onto...so when you wrote it I teared up...it made me remember stick with the basics and what i know to be true. I'll praying for healing on C-5...there is NO stoppin' you cha cha cha!

naner! happy happy birthday!

Gloria- I be praying for a speedy recovery for DH. I am so glad we have each other for prayers

Beth- I don't want to get kicked in the pants! UGH! You know I really felt prayed up after sharing.

I am stuck in a rut too...cannot seem to get in my craft room and whip out cards...or anything for that matter. I have brain block.

I am not sure what the roster is or how to PM. Let me know if i need to know this.

Margy- You know how i learned how to blog? I bought the book "Blogging for Dummies". It taught me enough to get mine up and running. LOL! I always thought those books were jokes...their not.

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #283
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, you are really not going to believe what a dork I am. I saw that Toni had posted from the main page where are the threads are listed. I still had this page up from when I just posted so I kept hitting 'refresh' like 4 times thinking where in the world is Toni's post. I know she just posted......come to find out I'm still at the bottom of page 7 wondering where Toni's post is up at the top of page 8.....DORK!

Old 10-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni..go over to where my name is., and click on it....ubove the pic here next to my post. A drop down box should come up with options of t hing syou can do....see my profile (whah-wha), go to my gallery (y ou really need to go, you know??), or send a Private Message.....click on that. A page will come up with myname at the top, a place for you to type, and then you hit send....it will go to my inbox. Now, if I PM you back you will see a little number 1 or 2 or 3..how many ever messages you get in your inbox, will shop up at the very top of the page by yoru name...it says Welcome 39thaveink and there is an envelope there. Click on that envelope and your messages will come up. Clear as mud?? So, send me a message with your home addres, and your e-mail and I can add you to the roster. Some ladies feel uncomfortable giving out their home addresses.....so I'll leave tha tup to whateve ryou prefere.....some just give e-mails which is fine too.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #285
Insane Embellisher

Our church has a saying "It's good to be family", I think it could be used here to, what do you all think?

Well we are here alone, and I know it was wonderful to have the kids with us the day of surgery, but it is so very nice to be here alone to,just to hold each other close and cry if we want to with just so much relief the surgery is over. No, Beth the whole muscle was removed with both his surgeries, so he just has less movement and less strength with that arm. With the first they removed the sternocleidomastoid muscle and now with this one removed the upper trapezius muscle. Just really praying it doesn't come back.

Got home and started to wash clothes and wouldn't you know the machine started to smell VERY hot and look a little smoky so ended up going to buy a new machine, this one was around 14 years old so guess was time but really didn't want to deal with it at this time. We have a really great son in law that was here yesterday so the two of us went to town and brought one home , got it in the house and then he hooked it up for us.

April, I really love both the names you picked out, take care and glad everything looks good for you. How much longer before the baby is due?

Margy, biopsies are negative, isn't that good news!!!

Wendy, Keep us posted about Sandra and baby, they will be in my prayers.

Toni, 2 Corinth. 1:3-4 what a wonderful verse, will mark it in my Bible. Can't start to think about what nerve damage to your spine must be like, just have a little in my mouth from when they removed my one wisdom tooth.

Feel totally drained so will go for now, will let you all know what the path report tells us when we get it.

Caterina, so glad you have the time now to spend with your husband, enjoy each and every min.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday everyone. Not much time here, but just wanted to say thank you to Beth, I was actually considering doing some one sheet wonders to get me going. I don't use a pattern or anything, I just fill up a page and cut them how I want them to look, so I usually only get 7 or 8 cards. And I think I'll go to the color challenge list here and choose a combo I've never done.

I also pretty much know what I'm going to do for Christmas cards too, but it's gorgeous and sunny out right now and I'm having trouble getting in the holiday mood

Everyone have a great day, and thank you again Caterina for a wonderful devotional piece. I have a lot of trouble sitting still and listening, and it's a good reminder.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #287
Forum Fanatic

It truly is good to be family right here.
We had a wonderful teaching time today on the sovereignty of God. It really was important to hear with the elections and the economy issues. [Also we have many Boeing people that have been on strike for over 30 days now.]
If I get time later today, I will try and list the points and the Bible verses here.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #288
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria- my heart is just overwhelmed for you and hubby tonight. after reading your post and the surgery is done, kids have gone home. Your post was specific to which muscles that where involved the SCM and one trapesius? and hoping, it does not come back.. My goodness! I know you have heard this before...but the ONLY thing that helps me is God's word...cling to each other and HIS word. This makes me think of
Isaiah 53:5 KJV But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

toni
Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #289
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
Gloria- my heart is just overwhelmed for you and hubby tonight. after reading your post and the surgery is done, kids have gone home. Your post was specific to which muscles that where involved the SCM and one trapesius? and hoping, it does not come back.. My goodness! I know you have heard this before...but the ONLY thing that helps me is God's word...cling to each other and HIS word. This makes me think of
Isaiah 53:5 KJV But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
I hate my computer! I had a nice post already typed up, hit submit and the thing vanished....grrrrrrrrr......

I love this verse you posted, Toni! Great one..Hallelujah!!!

And, I love all you SCS Bible Sisters.....we are family (but you have to sing it like the Sister Sledge do it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoROJ...eature=related

Elee......can you show us how to dance like that! Cha-cha-cha....but I"m susre those sisters are not cha-cha-cha-ing! More like disc-disc-disco-ing!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #290
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Bethhartley;11667544]I hate my computer! I had a
And, I love all you SCS Bible Sisters.....we are family (but you have to sing it like the Sister Sledge do it....

love ya back...DORK and all the rest of ya...now hit it!
Singin' we are family...I got all my sistahs with me

toni
Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #291
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
I hate my computer! I had a nice post already typed up, hit submit and the thing vanished....grrrrrrrrr......

I love this verse you posted, Toni! Great one..Hallelujah!!!

Elee......can you show us how to dance like that! Cha-cha-cha....but I"m susre those sisters are not cha-cha-cha-ing! More like disc-disc-disco-ing!
Beth, you are not alone in hating computers... they are wonderful when they work but... When ours acts up, I tease Reynold and tell him that everyone is looking for a human as the anti-Christ while I think it is a computer.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, everyone - thought this one from Jill was a good one.

Every Tear
Jill Carattini

My heart sank as the young mother told the interviewer how proud she was of her daughter. "She solved her own murder," Erin said with a proud but pained sincerity. Five year-old Samantha was the victim of a cruel and tragic murder, and her own tears were the evidence that sealed the case against her abductor. DNA in the form of teardrops was found on the passenger-side door of the killer's car, irrevocably making their mark on the crime scene, and poignantly making their mark on everyone that imagines them.

I don't know how to read stories like this without retreating to the deepest why's and how's of life. The abrupt ending to Samantha's life is another wretched symptom of a sick and desperate world. The problem of evil is a problem that confronts us, sometimes jarringly. But something else jolts my numbed mind awake in the midst of this story.

I had no idea our tears were so personally our own. Samantha's tears solved the case because there were none others like hers. They were unique to the eyes they came from, intricately a part of Samantha herself. In the pains and joys that cause us to weep, we leave a mark far more intimate than we realize. We shed evidence of our own makeup, leaving behind a complex, yet humble message: I was here, and my pain was real.

The problem of pain is only intensified by the personal nature of our experience with it. In our tears we all leave the markings of our existence within a broken and despairing world. Traces of our very makeup cry out for an answer to suffering, while at the same time pointing to the intricate and intelligent design of the one who made us. The thought stirringly brings new depth to the image of the sinful woman weeping at the side of Jesus, washing his feet with her unique tears.

Dorothy Sayers offers a most compelling description of the God willing to take on the limitations and suffering of his creation. In her book Creed or Chaos, she writes: "For whatever reason God chose to make man as he is--limited and suffering and subject to sorrows and death--He had the honesty and the courage to take His own medicine. Whatever game He is playing with His creation, He has kept His own rules and played fair. He can exact nothing from man that He has not exacted from Himself. He has Himself gone through the whole of human experience, from the trivial irritations of family life and the cramping restrictions of hard work and lack of money to the worst horrors of pain and humiliation, defeat, despair and death. When He was a man, He played the man. He was born in poverty and died in disgrace and thought it well worthwhile."(1)

I know of no equal comfort in the midst of life's sorrow, no other answer to the problem of pain. The Son of God is as unique and personal a savior as the tears we shed crying out for him. Every tear is marked with the intricacies of our Creator. Every cry is heard by the one who wept at the grave of Lazarus. And in the promise of Revelation 7:17, we find the image of this hope brought finally to fruition: "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Jill Carattini is managing editor of A Slice of Infinity at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia.

(1) Dorothy Sayers, Creed or Chaos? (New York: Harcourt Brace, 1949), 4.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #293
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Beth, you are not alone in hating computers... they are wonderful when they work but... When ours acts up, I tease Reynold and tell him that everyone is looking for a human as the anti-Christ while I think it is a computer.
hehehehe, that is so funny and I AGREE!!!!

Thanks for the devo..I'll read it closer when the kids go down for nap. Gotta get a pizza in the oven for lunch here in a sec.....

Have agreat day, ladies!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #294
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Note to self-this C5 thing has not stopped me from any activity that I enjoy including cha cha lessons. What absolute fun!
[Just trying to see the positive side.]

Sounds like fun w/the cha cha!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #295
Pearl-ExPert

I love the devo this morning.

I do most of my meditation in the morning and I remember several years back when I was feeling really sick from medication and pain, and had financial worries, GOD in the HUGE form just seemed to big to talk to...but knowing Jesus when He came to earth suffered everything and any emotion that was known "to man". I talked to him like like we were best friends and He knew and understood my trials and pain and indecision. That is one of my favorite love stories. I have had goose bumps all morning.

Thank you for posting that devo today Caterina, you always pick something wonderful.

toni
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Toni, thanks so much for your encouraging post.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #297
Insane Embellisher

Well back home from the Dr., DH got the drain out but no path. reports at this time. Like I said last time it took a month to get them back...

Your devotional was good, that is the thing that has helped me the last few weeks, looking at the picture of Jesus praying in the garden and knowing he felt what we are dealing with. Also kept telling my self to have faith no bigger then a mustard seed to get us though and ask and we'll receive, not maybe our will but his.

Husband was so sweet after the DR. he took me to my favorite craft store and said look around as long as you want, then took us to RED Lobster for lunch, what a husband I have and a friend to boot in him.

Well "family" take care and will check in later to see what all are doing. Gloria
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #298
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gloria, keep your chin up and remember how much the Lord loves and cares about you and your sweet husband.

We are here trusting and believing God for His very best. He does nothing less.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #299
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Afternoon ladies!

You know, I just got caught up on this thread....and I have to admit....I am laughing. You know what I have been doing the last couple of days? Making my Christmas cards!! I make 90 of them each year, all hand made....and I have to say that I am making progress. All my cards are the same design...and thus far the cards are cut and scored, the image has been stamped and colored, and now I just have to add the layers of paper, add ribbon, and assemble. But just reading your posts about stamping....just made me LOL. We must all be on the same page or something....

Gloria, please know that I am praying for you both.

Naner...Happy Belated Birthday. Gosh, hard to believe another year has passed. Mine is coming up next week....just seems like I had one...and now will be having another. The years seem to be going by so fast.....but they do get better and better, and my love of God gets stronger and stronger...so that is a good thing.

Caterina, thank you again for the wonderful scriptures. The one about the tears really got to me. We are all so complex, and to think that God knows every part of us...he made us this way. What a comfort that is. And that he would send Jesus so that we could learn from him....so we would know that we are never alone, and that our suffering and tears are shared by Jesus too. A comfort indeed.

Ladies, I am terrible at writing everything down when I read your posts...but please know that as I read your words, I say a prayer for you...asking that God put peace in your heart, and ease your pain and worry. And that God bring you happiness....and laughter, and good health. Take care my dear friends...my family....
Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #300
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Gloria, keep your chin up and remember how much the Lord loves and cares about you and your sweet husband.

We are here trusting and believing God for His very best. He does nothing less.
Gloria:

I just need to say Amen to Caterina's post. Picture us giving you a great big HUG!

toni

toni
Old 10-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #301
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
I love the devo this morning.

I do most of my meditation in the morning and I remember several years back when I was feeling really sick from medication and pain, and had financial worries, GOD in the HUGE form just seemed to big to talk to...but knowing Jesus when He came to earth suffered everything and any emotion that was known "to man". I talked to him like like we were best friends and He knew and understood my trials and pain and indecision. That is one of my favorite love stories. I have had goose bumps all morning.

Thank you for posting that devo today Caterina, you always pick something wonderful.

Totally agree about the devo. Just sitting down to read it here in the quiet of the evening. I'm soooo thankful that our tears are known to HIM. Toni....thank you for sharing. I love what you wrote here about Jesus.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #302
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria....aww, sweetie! Big hugs and I know you have much bigger faith that that little mustard seed, yet Jesus says if you have that itty bitty amount of faith, you can move mountains! I pray the results will come back all okay! And, it sounds like you guys had a great date! How fun about the craft store and REd Lobster....that place is yummy!

Hi Doris!!! Glad you popped in. Glad you are getting all inky for Christmas.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #303
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning and thanks so much for your encouraging words about the devotionals. Praying God will continue to give us all a lift as we walk our sometimes difficult path.

Have a great day.

The Muchness of God

“The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much”
James 5:16 NASB

Quite frankly, I’m “out” on posh restaurants that have things on the menu you can’t even pronounce and nothing to show for it but two bites of fish and an empty wallet! All I want is a full plate of food, thank you!

Which reminds me of how the Israelites must have felt when, soon after their miraculous escape from Egypt, their stomachs started rumbling. They started grumbling, “If only we had died by the Lord’s hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death” (Exodus 16:3). A lot could be said about their lack of faith in that moment, but notice God’s immediate, generous response: “I will rain down bread from heaven for you” (v.4). The people then gathered as much as they could eat. How great is that?! You’d think, after that, they would have never again doubted God’s generosity and His power to supply all their needs.

Wrong.

Unfortunately, we are often a lot like them. In times of distress, it’s easy to forget God’s past generosity and to doubt what God can do—or even what He is willing to do—about our problem. We find ourselves grumbling, “Why doesn’t He do ‘more’ for me?” But we need to be “out” on that kind of thinking, because, actually, God is a God of abundant generosity. In fact, I like to think of Him as a God of “muchness”—with both the desire and capacity to fill our lives with His goodness and grace.

In James 5 we see the contrast between the leanness of our lives and the muchness of God. James mentions suffering, sickness, and sin—three constant realities that underscore the fact that we are impoverished, needy people. And the antidote is found in prayer. Not ritualistic, passionless prayer, but prayer that is rooted in the reality of our leanness and our desperation for God’s muchness. As James reminds us, “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much” (James 5:16 NASB).

God, I praise You for Your generosity and desperately need You to replace my leanness with Your “muchness.” Please keep me from grumbling, and turn my attention toward the incredible and abundant spiritual blessings that You provide to Your children. In Jesus’ name, amen.

OUR JOURNEY…

* In what ways are you “lean”? In what ways is God “much”?
* Do you think your prayer life is “effective”? Why or why not? If not, how can you increase its effectiveness?
* What is the key to unlocking the “muchness” of God in your life?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #304
Kookie Creator

Good morning...or is it afternoon already?

I thought I would check in here for a minute...thank you all for the birthday greetings that have been posted. As some of you might have noticed, I have been absent for a while...I've been going through a personal struggle and am just not able to be here as much right now; I trust you will all be patient with me. For those of you who are going through stressful times, please know that I do keep you in my prayers.

My 11-YO granddaughter will be spending a few days with me at the end of this week...I am so looking forward to having her all to myself. We'll do lots of scrapbooking and card-making; in fact, we're spending most of Thursday at my SIL's for a scrapbook/stamping day.

My DH is busy with harvest...don't see him too much in the Fall, although we had some rain over the weekend, so he was able to get some much-needed rest and we got caught up a little, too.

Whether through my thoughts or posting, I will stay in touch.

Blessings...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #305
Stazon Splitcoast

Naner, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you posting again soon.

After all my whining last week, this week I seem to be getting called to work every day. I worked yesterday morning, all day today, and I'm scheduled to work a few hours on Thursday, Friday, next Monday, and Tuesday. I'm actually considering praying that I don't work tomorrow, LOL. And what's been really nice is that it's at my kids' school, so I can see them off and on every day.

I'd like to share a little bit about my job today. I worked in a Life Skills class, which is the class for disabled children. Some of them are fairly functioning, they just need support in their classrooms, but some of them have pretty severe conditions. The girl I worked with today has severe autism, she rocks back a forth a lot, only says a few words, and very seldom seems to be with us. Now, my oldest DS has Aspergers, he's very intelligent, but just has a lot of social issues. I cannot tell you how grateful I am after spending today with this girl Niki, that my son is as normal as he is. There have been many times where I have wanted to ask God why my son has the issues he does, but I don't because I know there are people out there who have it so much worse. I have to say that I am appreciating my kids so much tonight. And I have to confess that this morning when I was asked to do this job, after I said yes, I cried because I didn't want to work today, and especially this job (also a little PMS thrown in) but tonight I just feel so peaceful and glad I did it.

Sorry for the book, but just wanted to share what's going on. There were times today I really wanted to question why these beautiful children have to be like this, but they are all so wonderful and unique in their own ways.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #306
Pearl-ExPert

Julie- I am glad your day ended up being a blessing!

Naner- missed you and will be praying for you. Have a ton of fun with your grand daughter. Check in when you can!

toni
Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #307
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Julie, you not ever apologize for sharing your thoughts and feelings. We are all here to listen and help.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Naner, good to hear from you and enjoy that time with your sweet granddaughter.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #309
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Julie, you not ever apologize for sharing your thoughts and feelings. We are all here to listen and help.
That is what i was told...and if Caterina and Beth say it, it has to be true

Where is Betherina anyway?

toni
Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here.....just being a little lazy getting around after having my lushious massage..I know I spelled lushious wrong I think! Anyway.....thanks for asking about me, Miss Toni...... you sweetie!

How great to have Naner peek in. We miss you!!! Enjoy the days with your sweet grandaughter...you will have a blast just hanging out. Still praying for you and do pop in when ou get a chance.....

Hi Julie....how wonderful about the job today. Bless your heart...and the sweet kids in that class. When I taught school, I worked with kids in the early childhood spec. ed programs at our schools. I loved it! I'm glad God is giving you the jobs you need..and isn't it nice to be getting somany calls that you CAN so no on occasion?? Enjoy the days...and that's right...don't ever feel bad about sharing.

Okay, the roster...........

..........anyone else want on before I e-mail it out???

Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #311
Stazon Splitcoast

Our small group lesson this week was on 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11. THis passage talks about The Day Of The Lord and when He will return.....and the fact that we believers are sons and daughters of the LIGHT and not the DARK. I love this section of verses..and it'was interesting to read it from The Message version.

1-3I don't think, friends, that I need to deal with the question of when all this is going to happen. You know as well as I that the day of the Master's coming can't be posted on our calendars. He won't call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. About the time everybody's walking around complacently, congratulating each other—"We've sure got it made! Now we can take it easy!"—suddenly everything will fall apart. It's going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman.
4-8But friends, you're not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? You're sons of Light, daughters of Day. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. So let's not sleepwalk through life like those others. Let's keep our eyes open and be smart. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. But not us! Since we're creatures of Day, let's act like it. Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation.

9-11God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it.

The note in the study book mentioned that the drunkeness talked about here is a physical one as well as a lifestyle.....living a life of EXCESS. That really hit me hard.....we want more, and bigger and better and still more....personally I see this in myself some and a lot in our soceity. Sort of just hie me upside the head!

Have a good evening......

Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #312
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie, thanks for sharing your day with us. I think it was ment to be that you were there today, caring for these children...all God's children, and appreciating them for their uniqueness. I think sometimes God puts us in certain situations, at certain times in our lives, for a reason. I think he makes us feel grateful for the blessings we do have...by these situations....knowing that sometimes we need a kick in the pants, and keeping us from feeling sorry for ourselves.

All children are a gift from God, and none of us are perfect....we are just loved....a simple lesson, but an important one.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #313
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Doris- Are you enjoying the cooler weather? I am

Beth- thanks for writing all that scripture out in the Message version...never read it that was before...that was good...between the devo this morning and what you just wrote...what has continually gone through my mind is what Paul said "I know what it is like to have nothing and I know what it is to have plenty. And we need to be content.

That was the Santanello 4:2 version (ha ha!) but I know what Paul was saying...I can have too little and it can be a problem or cause me problems and I think I need more or EXCESS, then when i do get more that could just as well cause me problems. Example, The Israelites and the manna that Catarina wrote about this morning. Complain when they had none, then complain when it was suffiecient each day, because of the want of excess.
So the whole trick is to be content in all that we have.

Excess for me is just too much, it takes make focus away from where is should be...I am sooooooooo glad God knows what we NEED. (Did i just write, excess for me is too much? that sounds ridiculous sorry) haha!

toni
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #314
Pearl-ExPert

Beth- I am glad you enjoyed your massage and it helped!
BIG hUG!

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #315
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Naner, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you posting again soon.

After all my whining last week, this week I seem to be getting called to work every day. I worked yesterday morning, all day today, and I'm scheduled to work a few hours on Thursday, Friday, next Monday, and Tuesday. I'm actually considering praying that I don't work tomorrow, LOL. And what's been really nice is that it's at my kids' school, so I can see them off and on every day.

I'd like to share a little bit about my job today. I worked in a Life Skills class, which is the class for disabled children. Some of them are fairly functioning, they just need support in their classrooms, but some of them have pretty severe conditions. The girl I worked with today has severe autism, she rocks back a forth a lot, only says a few words, and very seldom seems to be with us. Now, my oldest DS has Aspergers, he's very intelligent, but just has a lot of social issues. I cannot tell you how grateful I am after spending today with this girl Niki, that my son is as normal as he is. There have been many times where I have wanted to ask God why my son has the issues he does, but I don't because I know there are people out there who have it so much worse. I have to say that I am appreciating my kids so much tonight. And I have to confess that this morning when I was asked to do this job, after I said yes, I cried because I didn't want to work today, and especially this job (also a little PMS thrown in) but tonight I just feel so peaceful and glad I did it.

Sorry for the book, but just wanted to share what's going on. There were times today I really wanted to question why these beautiful children have to be like this, but they are all so wonderful and unique in their own ways.

SOunds like God had this job for you!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #316
Pearl-ExPert

Default Oct 15th Devo

Since there was no devo today...and i am thinking that Caterina is off playing with Reynold, I thought I would do the devo today. So it is late, I had company today.

The sacfrices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. (Psalm 51:17)

[SIZE="[COLOR=Those people God uses most to bring glory to Himself are whoa are completely broke, for the sacrifice He accepts is a "broken and contrite heart." It was not until Jacob's natural strength was broken, when "his hip was wrenched" (Gen. 32:25) at Peniel, that he came to the point where God clothe him with spiritual power. And it was not until Moses struck the rock at Horeb, breaking its surface, that cool "water [came] out of it for the people to drink." (Ex. 17:6)
It was not until Gideon's three hundred specially chosen soldiers "broke the jars that were in their hands" (judg.7:19), which symbolized brokeness in their lives, that the hidden light of the torches shone forth, bringing terror to their enemies. It was once the poor widow broke the seal on her only remaining jar of oil and began to pour it that God miraculously multiplied it to pay her debts and thereby supplied means of support.
It was not until Esther risked her life and broke through the strict laws of a heathen king's court that she obtained favor to recue her people from death. (Est.4:16)
It was once Jesus took the five loaves...and broke themthat the bread was mutiplied to the five thousand. Through the very process of the loaves being broken, the miracle occurred. It was when Mary broke her beautiful "alabastar jar" of very expensive perfume, destroying it's future usfulness and value, that the wonderful fragrance filled the house. And it was when Jesus allowed His precious body to be broken by thorns, nails and a spear that His inner life was poured out like an ocean of crystal-clear water, for thirsty sinners to drink and then live.
It is not until a beautiful kernel of corn is buried and broken in the earth by DEATH that its inner heart sprouts, producing hundreds of other seeds or kernels. And so it has always been, down through the history of plants, people and all of spiritual life---God uses BROKEN THINGS.
Those who have been gripped by the power of the Holy Spirit and are used for God's glory are those who have been broken in their finances, broken in their self-will, broken in their ambitions, brokens in their lofty ideals, broken in their worldy reputation, broken in their desires, and often broken in their health. Yes, He uses those who are despised by the world and who seem totally hopeless and helpless, just as Isaiah said: The lame will carry off the plunder. (Isa. 22:23)
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Today's Application: How has "brokeness" enabled you to be useful to God?

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #317
Stazon Splitcoast

Thaks for posting the devo today, Toni.....I think with the economy..we might all be BROKE! But, seriously, I had never thought about the connection between all those examples...The Isrealites, Gideon's small army, Mary's alabaster jar, most importantly Jesus himself.....and how those all fit with that verse.

I always forget what "contrite" means.......so I had to look it up again....

JFYI in case anyone else has vocabulary issues like me! LOL!

–adjective 1. caused by or showing sincere remorse.
2. filled with a sense of guilt and the desire for atonement; penitent: a contrite sinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1300–50; ME contrit (< AF) < L contrītus worn down, crushed, ptp. of conterere. See con-, trite]

—Related forms
con·trite·ly, adverb
con·trite·ness, noun

—Synonyms 2. rueful, remorseful, repentant.

That ties in nicely with the whole plan of salvation.....we sin, and are broken and should be repentant...then God's miracles can shine in us!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #318
Pearl-ExPert

hahaha funny...yes well are all broke with today's economy...but everyone is not broken.

I relate most to Jacob and the hip thing...boy i was climbing the corporate ladder...whew baby...i was on fire....too bad my ladder was against the wrong house. I have gone to church mostly all my life....BUT I became more useful to God once the tumor/hip thing happened to me.

I forgot to write that the devo came from Streams in the Desert.

I have a Praise report...I got 2 orders today!!! Yea! I am sooo happy!

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #319
Pearl-ExPert

Beth- How are you doing tonight? Where is everyone?

toni
Old 10-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #320
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here, but I have a really sore throat again and am extremely tired. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep and feel better tomorrow, I may have just overdone today. My friend and I went for a very long walk in freezing temps this morning, and then I spent the afternoon shopping and running errands. Something was goofy with my computer today too, so I couldn't get on the internet for a while.

Hope everyone else is doing well.