Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #241
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
I told dh I'd kill him if he died first!
(Since he already came close once!)
Well, I guess it is very selfish of me but I don't want to be left without him and besides don't want him to have more time there than me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #242
Matboard Maniac

updates:
I feel ridiculous went to the er twice this week and its only wednesday.....
the first time was i triped on teh last stair going upstairs and fell on my hands knees and belly...so had to go make sure baby was okay then like day latter i got heart palpitirions or whatever its called
only i didnt know what it was...
it was like i had been joggin really hard and my heart was beating fast hard and felt like iw as catching breath....
so went to the er for that and it i guess is just normal pregnancy heart things...
so baby is fine and im fine but its weird...

november 8 at 2 pm is supposed to be my baby shower...im less stressed about it since we got a lot of the big things we needed of caurse it made my hubby streess more lol such is us.

hubby has to retake his fitness test tormorrow pray he passes...
he is also trying to lose some weight before the baby is born because his family supposed to come and even though hes dealt wiht this his whole it sometimes gets put onto me ...go figure im excited to hav emy mother in law coming im sad that i can not seem to get ahold of my mom ... and my sisters baby coming out anyday now....
Emberlynn December Dorsey if its a girl lynn is like linen llynn and not line lynn

or
Skylar Steven Dorsey if its a boy...
Old 10-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #243
Matboard Maniac

also to help out you guys :
couponsurfer.com
freecoupons.com
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #244
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonderful names, April, esp. Emberlynn [Emberlinen ]

The name Skylar reminds me of a little boy we knew a long while back named Starlyn.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #245
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina...what a YIPPYYAHOO for Reynold. I'm so excited for you both. YOu will have such nice days doing whatever you like...well, sort of ! Beats having to get up for work every day.

Gloria...will be praying tomorrow about everything...and loved what Caterina said about God being detailed oriented. That's so ture and such a good reminder when we feel like things are falling apart!

Gail..how are things up your way today? Any new news? I sure hope they find out who murdered that pastors daughter...it's really just so sad. Rita had a great idea about praying for God's protection. I 'm sure many are, but something organized sounds super. How is the new car???

Love the names, April!!!! How fun. I"m glad you are okay from the little fall. I can totally relate. When I was preg with Sam I slid down about 4 of our steps and landed on my rear end. Jarred the bajeebers outta me and my tailbone hurt for months and months afterward. Shew, it is scary when you fall and are pregnant..but I"m sure glad you are okay. I'd forgotten about that heart stuff..there were some days I thought my heart would leap outta my chest. Just lots of pressure. Well, only a few more months, right? Hope you have a blast on your shower day. Those are alway so much fun!

Hi Elee....what's shaking...your dancing shoes maybe??

Hope everyone else is okay...miss some of you who haven't peeped in in a bit...JanTink...where are you?? Naner? Jenn? Aleska901? Toni...where are you?? I miss your silly self! Julie....saw you over in CE I think on the debate threads maybe?

Oh, someone asked me about a new roster. I've been meaning to post that if any of you new to this thread would like to be added...let me know. Just addresses so we can send goodies, and e-mails so we can send private prayer requests from time to time. Let me know.....I'll wait for a few days, update, then resend it out mayb enext week.....

Have a great night!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #246
Polyshrink Goddess

Good evening ladies, have been really buisy, Doc visits and life.
Gloria, don't you worry, Will be praying hard for the two of you come morning and will pray for you in my evening prayers. So far all biopsies were negative.
Gastro doc says 2 years I need to come back unless I have problems. Good to know polups were benign. My arthritis doc. says I am doing good on the new meds. Blood work is comeing out well, so far kidneys are okay. He said the Lupus caused the vasculitis, it is almost gone, and I have no new blisters.
April take care, I was knocked down by a large dog with my first one. Cracked my tailbone good. Love the names.
Caterina congratulations on having your best friend within arms reach. Hope you two go somewhere real nice.
Beth just love the stuff on your blog. If only I had your talent. God has certainly given you a wonderfull gift. So glad you are willing to share.
Gail,Elee,Doris andRita hello hope all is well.
Night all I need my beauty sleep,haa haa, haa. Really I just need to get up really really early, have to be to work by 6 a.m. so I need to be up to make dh lunch and make him breakfast befor I leave for work.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #247
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Things here are.
No news from Edson.
This whole thing has got women here taking more care than usual ... and that's probably a good thing.
New car is great. I got to drive it today! Very sporty!

I need to find some time to stamp ... maybe tomorrow night. And stay away from the computer. (Beth ... you still need to behave in CE, ok? )

G'nite.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #248
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

April, so glad you checked in with us -- I, too, think the names are very neat. Continuing to pray God gives you a healthy pregnancy and easy delivery.

Here are few devotionals today that hopefully will encourage, enlighten and give a good start to the day.

Building on the Atonement

. . . present . . . your members as instruments of righteousness to God —Romans 6:13

I cannot save and sanctify myself; I cannot make atonement for sin; I cannot redeem the world; I cannot right what is wrong, purify what is impure, or make holy what is unholy. That is all the sovereign work of God. Do I have faith in what Jesus Christ has done? He has made the perfect atonement for sin. Am I in the habit of constantly realizing it? The greatest need we have is not to do things, but to believe things. The redemption of Christ is not an experience, it is the great act of God which He has performed through Christ, and I have to build my faith on it. If I construct my faith on my own experience, I produce the most unscriptural kind of life— an isolated life, with my eyes focused solely on my own holiness. Beware of that human holiness that is not based on the atonement of the Lord. It has no value for anything except a life of isolation— it is useless to God and a nuisance to man. Measure every kind of experience you have by our Lord Himself. We cannot do anything pleasing to God unless we deliberately build on the foundation of the atonement by the Cross of Christ.

The atonement of Jesus must be exhibited in practical, unassuming ways in my life. Every time I obey, the absolute deity of God is on my side, so that the grace of God and my natural obedience are in perfect agreement. Obedience means that I have completely placed my trust in the atonement, and my obedience is immediately met by the delight of the supernatural grace of God.

Beware of the human holiness that denies the reality of the natural life— it is a fraud. Continually bring yourself to the trial or test of the atonement and ask, "Where is the discernment of the atonement in this, and in that?
"

VERSE:
"Praise be to the LORD your God, who has delighted in you and
placed you on the throne of Israel. Because of the Lord's eternal
love for Israel, he has made you king, to maintain justice and
righteousness."
-- 1 Kings 10:9

THOUGHT:
Solomon was reminded by the words of a foreigner that he is
where he is by grace and he has been put there to live out the will
and to display the character of God in all that he does. So are we!
So let's live with the redemptive purpose that God has designed for
us to have.

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, I know that you have blessed me by your
grace. Now, dear Lord, please empower me to know and live out the
redemptive purpose for which you have made me. In Jesus' name I
pray. Amen.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #249
Hardware Hotshot

April- I got heart palpitations alot when I was pregnant with DD (born in June). That's was one of the signs I knew that something was up with me. I had no idea I was pregnant. I would rest and take long, deep breaths and it usually went away. Just keep track of it and mention it to your doctor and don't ever feel silly about asking them or telling them about things. That's their job. And, it is better to be safe then sorry.

I have a prayer request as well. My SIL, who is expecting baby #3 in a few weeks, found out she might have preeclampsia. She will know for sure tomorrow. The baby is also breech so if she does have preeclampsia, they will do a c-section either tomorrow or Saturday. If she doesn't, then they will schedule a c-section around her due date, the 30th. Her name is Sandra and I don't the baby's name yet b/c we don't know if the baby is a boy or girl. Thanks, ladies!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #250
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
April- I got heart palpitations alot when I was pregnant with DD (born in June). That's was one of the signs I knew that something was up with me. I had no idea I was pregnant. I would rest and take long, deep breaths and it usually went away. Just keep track of it and mention it to your doctor and don't ever feel silly about asking them or telling them about things. That's their job. And, it is better to be safe then sorry.

I have a prayer request as well. My SIL, who is expecting baby #3 in a few weeks, found out she might have preeclampsia. She will know for sure tomorrow. The baby is also breech so if she does have preeclampsia, they will do a c-section either tomorrow or Saturday. If she doesn't, then they will schedule a c-section around her due date, the 30th. Her name is Sandra and I don't the baby's name yet b/c we don't know if the baby is a boy or girl. Thanks, ladies!
Will pray for God to protect Sandra and her baby. If you want to pm me with an address, will be happy to send a card.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, I haven't posted here for a couple days. It's been a rough week. First, the preschool job I posted about before fell through and I didn't get called for anything else. So I was pretty down about that. Then, that sore throat I had did make me feel pretty rotten for a couple days. I just didn't want to come here and whine.

Physically, I'm feeling much better, but I feel like I'm just in turmoil within. I know that there are much worse problems in the world than mine but I'm really struggling to stay upbeat. I just would feel so much better if I could pick up some more work. However, this isn't usually the time of year where people take sick or personal days, but for some reason I'm just on edge. Another thing that's bothering me is that my friend does this sub work too, and she's been working nearly full time for a job where someone had a dying relative, and now her job ended. On the plus side of that, we had a great time together this morning. But on the other side, it means she's back on the list to get called, and for some reason I'm really concerned that she'll be given one of the jobs I really want. And then I wonder how petty could I possibly get, I should be happy for whatever comes up for her. But I know that if that happens it would really hurt, especially since she said she would never work at this school because she didn't want to take anything away from me. And she also knows how I feel about this particular job. But this morning she did say that she would really like this job. And then I just feel horrible for letting this bother me.

Thanks for listening (or reading actually) my tirade. Believe me, I usually am a very positive, upbeat person but this and some other things are just making me feel like I'm really in warfare right now.

Hope everyone is doing okay, and depite all my issues, I'm praying for you all.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #252
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh... my... goodness, I just read my above post and what a whiner I am. I will honestly try to be happier. I just don't have anyone IRL I can vent to.

Okay, it's a beautiful fall day here in Washington, my kids have the day off tomorrow and we all just get to stay home. Plus my friend was going to go out of town this weekend, and they decided not to, so we planned some fun things to do in our beautiful weather that's supposed to happen the next few days.

And now I'm going to make my wonderful BIL a birthday card, and I think I'll use one of my cute, cute new Fluffles stamps. If any of you are not familiar with Fluffles, go check him out, there's a lot of cards in the gallery with him. He always makes me smile.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #253
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Caterina...what a YIPPYYAHOO for Reynold. I'm so excited for you both. YOu will have such nice days doing whatever you like...well, sort of ! Beats having to get up for work every day.

Gloria...will be praying tomorrow about everything...and loved what Caterina said about God being detailed oriented. That's so ture and such a good reminder when we feel like things are falling apart!

Gail..how are things up your way today? Any new news? I sure hope they find out who murdered that pastors daughter...it's really just so sad. Rita had a great idea about praying for God's protection. I 'm sure many are, but something organized sounds super. How is the new car???

Love the names, April!!!! How fun. I"m glad you are okay from the little fall. I can totally relate. When I was preg with Sam I slid down about 4 of our steps and landed on my rear end. Jarred the bajeebers outta me and my tailbone hurt for months and months afterward. Shew, it is scary when you fall and are pregnant..but I"m sure glad you are okay. I'd forgotten about that heart stuff..there were some days I thought my heart would leap outta my chest. Just lots of pressure. Well, only a few more months, right? Hope you have a blast on your shower day. Those are alway so much fun!

Hi Elee....what's shaking...your dancing shoes maybe??

Hope everyone else is okay...miss some of you who haven't peeped in in a bit...JanTink...where are you?? Naner? Jenn? Aleska901? Toni...where are you?? I miss your silly self! Julie....saw you over in CE I think on the debate threads maybe?

Oh, someone asked me about a new roster. I've been meaning to post that if any of you new to this thread would like to be added...let me know. Just addresses so we can send goodies, and e-mails so we can send private prayer requests from time to time. Let me know.....I'll wait for a few days, update, then resend it out mayb enext week.....

Have a great night!
Beth I would like to be put on the roster. Just let me know if I need to email you my info. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I'm also interested in the roster. Just let me know what you need.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #255
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by karingscrapper View Post
Beth I would like to be put on the roster. Just let me know if I need to email you my info. Thanks.
Just send me a PM with your address and e-mail and I'd love to add you to the list. I'll admit..I'm so bad a bout sending happy mail out, but some others here are super about it! So, sure, give me your info and I'll add you. I'll wait till maybe Monday for others to respond and then I'll e-mail out a new updated roster to everyone.

And, sweet Julie...don't you ever feel bad a bout coming here and venting. That is why we are here.....and to pray that Satan will get the heck back to h-e-double-toothpics and stay there and leave us all alone! Will love to pray for you.

I've still been felling a bit sick...ran a fever this afternoon.....my back hurts, joints, took 2 tylenol just so I could go get my haircut and managed to feel okay then..but am starting to feel ucky again....well, early to bed I guess.

Caterina...so how was day one with Mr. R home? I bet you both enjoyed it so much.

Gloria...check in when you can about dh's surgery. I'm anxious to hear.

Wendy...will for sure pray for Sandra. That's all so scary when you are dealing with mommies and babies. Will pray that both are safe.

While you are praying for babies, can you add one of my daycare families? I watch their 3yo and the mom is preg with twins. She's about 4 months along and is spotting. She was at the doc today and the babies are okay but they are not sure why she is spotting. She broke a blood vessel a few weeks ago so maybe the same?? Anyway, just remember them if you would. They have struggled with infertillity issues so I know she is on pins and needles. Thanks!

Hope everyone else is doing alright.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Beth, I'm also interested in the roster. Just let me know what you need.
I was typing as you posted!

Yup, just PM me with your name, address and e-mail. Thanks!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Beth, do you still have my address, etc. for the roster? Thanks so very much for doing this for us.

Reynold and I had a great 'first' day together. He worked mostly out in the yard which he enjoys while I tried to catch up on some RAKs. Later, we drove up to Hanover, PA. to get a new chair for our family room. We ordered a nice black recliner that swivels and is made by the Amish. Hope to get it by the end of next month.

The contractors have now moved downstairs to finish up what will soon be an extra bedroom with a large storage closet. It will be nice to have all of this done.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #258
Pearl-ExPert

Hello Lovelies!

Boy i sure missed you all! First i just want to say that when i joined, i know i only introduced a few pieces of my life. My wonderful ds, maybe my crazy cat Kirby. My serious addiction to scrapbook paper...and we did find out i qualified for the dork board. I left a little part out, it is a part that i have come to make friends with most of the time...and the reason for disappearing.
I could not decide whether or not to share it or not to share. It was a heavy burden on my heart, and as each beautiful lady so easily shared, good times and bad times, I thought to myself, I cannot only tell them about the good times and call them friends. Anyway to make an enornmously long story short. In 1999 i was diagnosed with a benign bone tumor. The tumor was removed by a special procedure. By May of 2002 I could hardly walk and had severe pain 24/7. The bottem line is that i have really yucky nerve damage in my spine. I have a few bi products that come with spinal nerve damage also. So I had a really bad relapse right after Beth and I had migraines. Now I am not complaining here, God has done some really great Divine pruning in the last 9 years on me...and we would not be the family we are. Nor my ds would not be the man he is today. I guess i have something chronic, but it keeps my eyes fixed where they are suppose to be

So...i did not stop thinking about you or praying for you.

It may take me some time to catch up on the board, but...
Caterina- I am sooo happy that you will be spending precious time with Reynold. And i have a lot of devos to catch up on.

Gloria- I am still praying for you and your husband

Beth- I just miss you...you make me and God smile!

Welcome to anyone new!

Margy- I am praying for you too...

Praise be the God and Father our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinth. 1:3-4

BTW...My BIL will start his 150 mile bike ride this weekend for MS. Please pray for strength, and saftey.

be blessed!

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #259
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy TGIF, friends. We are still enjoying an incredibly beautiful Fall day. God has certainly been blessing us with nice weather.

With all the financial crisis going on right now, thought to share this one today.

Passionate Virtue
Jill Carattini

The story is told of a church meeting at which a wealthy man rose to tell the congregation about his faith. “I'm a millionaire,” he said. “And I attribute my wealth to the blessings of God in my life.” He went on to recall the turning point of his faith. As a young man, he had just earned his first dollar and was eagerly thinking of all the possibilities when he happened upon a church meeting. He found himself consumed by the message he heard that night, and when he saw the offering plate he knew that he would either have to give it all to God or nothing at all. At that moment, he decided to give everything he had to God. Looking back he knew that God had blessed this decision and made him a successful man.

When he finished his story an awed silence filled the room. As he returned to his seat an elderly woman leaned over to him and said: “I dare you to do it again.”

The moral of the story strikes visions of the weight of sacrifice upon the scales of monetary value; it would be far more difficult for the millionaire to now give up his millions than it was for the child to give up his dollar. Jesus encountered a similar sentiment when he told the rich young ruler to go and sell everything he owned; the young man “went away sad, because he had great wealth” (Matthew 19:22). As it stands, the story boldly illustrates the genuine hold our financial securities have on us; the thought of applying the same level of passion--giving all or nothing--at this place in the man’s life fills even the most generous with alarm.

But this story also betrays a common undercurrent in the torrent of thoughts often associated with munificence. The virtue extolled by Christ to “go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven” is one we have come to think of in negative terms. It is far more costly in our minds for the millionaire to give up his millions than the child to give up his dollar because a million is far more “costly” than a dollar. But here, we are considering the sacrifice strictly in sacrificial terms; the virtue of generosity is seen not as virtue in the true sense of the word, but as sacrifice, self-denial, or “giving up” something good and desirable.

Of course Jesus exposed our tendency to measure sacrifice and virtue upon the man made scales of monetary value in his admiration of the widow at the temple. “I tell you the truth,” he said of the woman who gave two copper coins, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others” (Luke 21:3). What we often miss in his love for this widow who “gave out of her poverty” is his love for a woman who gave upward instead of “giving up.” Giving positively instead of negatively, she was able to see herself giving to God instead of taking away from herself.

In this month marking the life of Francis of Assisi, within a world consumed by the unchallenged assumptions of consumerism, it is virtue to consider. Do we give positively of our resources, of our time and our possessions? Or do we merely give negatively, feeling obligated or even impressed with our giving? G.K. Chesterton describes the heart of St. Francis’ poverty in a manner that challenges both: “There was nothing negative about it; it was not a regimen or a stoical simplicity of life. It was not self-denial merely in the sense of self-control. It was as positive as a passion; it had all the air of being as positive as a pleasure... He plunged after poverty as men have dug madly for gold.”(1)

It is precisely this positive and passionate quality of those who have so embraced the words of Jesus that is a challenge to our consumer minds, a disruption to our seemingly endless desires, and a herald to a new kind of worship and giving. Virtue is not the absence of vice; it is not a negative pursuit. It is as positive as a passion, a promise as worth seeking as gold:

“Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory... everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”(2)

Jill Carattini is managing editor of A Slice of Infinity at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia.

(1) G.K. Chesterton, Saint Francis of Assisi (New York: Doubleday, 1957), 73-74.
(2) Matthew 19:28-30.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #260
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you for sharing Toni. I will keep you in my prayers. Praise God for the good things he has brought into your life. You seem to have a really good attitude about the whole thing, what a blessing our Lord is about giveng us something when other things go awry. My dH has a cronic condition in his back and I can sympathize with you, I know he has some bad days. So welcome, we are so blessed to have each other. jWe are such a diverse group of ladies, all ages and diff parts of the country.
Gloria prayed all day yesterday that you and your family would come through the surgery quit well.
Beth you are so funny, I love your blog, would leave a comment but haven't taken the time to figure out how.
Caterina you guys have lots of fun, I am so jealouse.
April stay well
Gail hope your town finds releif soon from the bad guy.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #261
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni, even the apostle Paul lived with some kind of physical challenge [in 2Corinthians 12]. This verse is the best:

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

I can completely understand about usually leaving off the challenges we face. I am also one of those that leaves out the stuff that may be a downer-not because I don't want you all to know or because it is bad stuff-mainly because I come here to be about something "not" about me or my usual little world. I am learning to share more and ask for prayer. When things are tough is usually when I don't have much time to be on the computer too. Does that makes sense?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Do we all know each other's birthdays? [Beth is that on our roster?]

I just noticed that Naner0331 had a birthday on Monday!
Belated wishes to you sis!!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #263
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #264
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I haven't posted...but I have been reading and praying for you all. Hey, Beth...are you feeling better today? Have been busy this week because our kids are having fall break. The weather has been lovely here...so we are outside quite a bit and just hanging out at home doing things.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in to say hello....have a lovely day.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #265
Polyshrink Goddess

forgot to mention earlier, my sis is still having issues with ss for the kids and the insurance is still being jerks! Making her jump through all kinds of hoops! Good Greif the benifit isn't even close to a million! But she is happily still art mum for the 2 little ones, and she keeps a smile on her face and in her heart. Can't even imagine.
Beth please update me to the roster. Have a great weekend
God Bless ya all

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #266
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for praying! My SIL does have preeclampsia, but it is very mild. So, unless she has the baby earlier, she is scheduled for a c-section on the 22nd. Which gives a bit more time to pamper her!

Have a God-filled weekend!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #267
Insane Embellisher

HI, Thanks so much for your prayers yesterday, just know they helped get us though! Will have to go back when it is more quite here and read what all have written. He made it though the surgery great, but lost another whole muscle in his neck/shoulder area. Now will have to wait the path report, Dr. thinks it is the same fast growing tumor that he had a couple years ago(like cancer but does not go to other parts of the body, stays put), but if it is also can come back and normal treatments for cancer he told us do not work on this. We'll just pray he got it all this time around. Also looking to see what a second Dr. thinks, we are thinking one that usually treats cancer/tumors. Have to run, dead tried at this time with no sleep for the last few days, will write more in a day or two. Please keep praying for him. Gloria
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #268
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonie! I missed you too sweet lady!!! I'm so glad you posted.....thank you for sharing. I will pray for this now and will know what likely might be going on if you are off here for a few days. I love the verses that were shared for you...very comforting and so true. God sustains us through ups and downs......just keep in there! I admire you so much for having such a good outlook.......

.......and I'm going to kick some of you in the PANTS if you dont' share your ucky days, too. I don't mind 'downer' posts. That is why we are here.....to share and pray in the good times AND in the bad times.....just a verse or two posted about any situation you are going through can lift a spirit right up. So, Please, don't hesitate to share if you feel comfortable. And, if you don't, and are on the roster and want to do it more privately....send an e-mail to the group. Even a post that says "I'm having a tough day....." and you know we will all pray for you. I love having all of you in my heart as I move thorugh the day...and pray for each of you when you come to mind. I write down requests in a little notebook by my computer so I don't get you confused (hehehehehe..and I still manage to do that)...and so I can pray for you as I flip through my notebook during prayer times.

Wendy...that is good news about your SIL....pamper her away!

Margy..>I can't believe that the insurance is being such stinkers about all of this. Good grief, hasn't your sil been through enough. Give her some peace and make it a little easy on her..c.razy insurance people!

Elee.....love the verse you posted about Paul...thanks for sharing...and I hope you are well.

Naner.......have a happy birthday!!!!!!!! I hope you get to celebrate a little. We are glad God made YOU!

OH.....Nope, I don't have b-days listed for everyone so if you want to post them, I'll add them to our roster.

Gloria...praying for you guys....I'm glad the surgery went well and will be praying for a speedy recovery. Did the doc think that the damaged muscle could be restored??

Well, we have company coming and I need to vac and make some sort of dessert or something....my neighbor keeps fixing this stuff called Too Much Chocolate cake....I'll see if I can find the recipe and post it. It's scrumptious!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #269
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Caterina! Yes, I still have your contact info....minus the b-day if you want to post that!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #270
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay my whine for the day/week/month-my left thumb/arm [inside portion] has had tingling off and on, mild to bad, over the last 6-8 weeks. Sometimes it is only near my thumb and at others it runs all the way up to my shoulder; sometimes it is barely noticeable but at others it is limiting, annoying, and distracting [which has been more and more lately]. Both my chiropractor and physician have said there must be some swelling near C5 in my spine that is causing it and to wait it out [could take months]. The good thing is there is no pain to speak of. Please pray that it calms down/goes away soon.

There, Beth, feel better now?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

Note to self-this C5 thing has not stopped me from any activity that I enjoy including cha cha lessons. What absolute fun!
[Just trying to see the positive side.]
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Okay my whine for the day/week/month-my left thumb/arm [inside portion] has had tingling off and on, mild to bad, over the last 6-8 weeks. Sometimes it is only near my thumb and at others it runs all the way up to my shoulder; sometimes it is barely noticeable but at others it is limiting, annoying, and distracting [which has been more and more lately]. Both my chiropractor and physician have said there must be some swelling near C5 in my spine that is causing it and to wait it out [could take months]. The good thing is there is no pain to speak of. Please pray that it calms down/goes away soon.

There, Beth, feel better now?

Yup! I'm glad my kick in the pants worked!

Love you, girl! And, ugh about the thumb C5 stuff....I'm glad there is no pain..that it is just annoying.....I'm sure it is not fun at all. I will pray that the swelling goes down. I had some pregnancy induced carpel tunnel when I was preg with Sam and it is the strangest feeling...same thing....numbness up my entire arm and shoulder at times. Wore hand/thumb splints at night and that seemed to help. But, yeah, very annoying...I thought I was having a heart attack or something! LOL! Dork!

I'm glad it hasn't stopped you from having cha-cha fun, too. That's great!

Thanks for sharing, you sweetie!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #273
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I did enough whining yesterday. Today has been one of those days where I feel like I could praise God for everything. It is so pretty and sunny out, the kids didn't have school so we're all relaxed and laid back, and I've got the most wonderful smelling stew in the oven.

The only complaint I have (this is for you Beth!) is that I am in such a stamping funk lately. I bought a Cuttlebug a couple months ago, some embossing folders, a bunch of Nestabilities, and yet I still can't seem to get anything to look how I want. I can't even seem to find color combinations I like! Maybe I should just start my Christmas cards, I know exactly what color they're going to be. Maybe I should place that SU order after all, so I have something new to work with.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

Yea! Stampin' Up!! I just placed two orders myself. They should arrive on Monday.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #275
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've got REgionals next Saturday ... still need to come up with some swap cards ... it may not happen.

It's been a long week ... as I told my boss ... I'm hangin' on!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #276
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
I've got REgionals next Saturday ... still need to come up with some swap cards ... it may not happen.

It's been a long week ... as I told my boss ... I'm hangin' on!

I would think that moderating CE would about be doing you in as well...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought this from my dear friend Oswald Chambers was a good one.

God’s Silence— Then What?

When He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was —John 11:6

Has God trusted you with His silence— a silence that has great meaning? God’s silences are actually His answers. Just think of those days of absolute silence in the home at Bethany! Is there anything comparable to those days in your life? Can God trust you like that, or are you still asking Him for a visible answer?

God will give you the very blessings you ask if you refuse to go any further without them, but His silence is the sign that He is bringing you into an even more wonderful understanding of Himself. Are you mourning before God because you have not had an audible response? When you cannot hear God, you will find that He has trusted you in the most intimate way possible— with absolute silence, not a silence of despair, but one of pleasure, because He saw that you could withstand an even bigger revelation.

If God has given you a silence, then praise Him— He is bringing you into the mainstream of His purposes. The actual evidence of the answer in time is simply a matter of God’s sovereignty. Time is nothing to God. For a while you may have said, "I asked God to give me bread, but He gave me a stone instead" (see Matthew 7:9 ). He did not give you a stone, and today you find that He gave you the "bread of life" ( John 6:35 ).

A wonderful thing about God’s silence is that His stillness is contagious— it gets into you, causing you to become perfectly confident so that you can honestly say, "I know that God has heard me." His silence is the very proof that He has. As long as you have the idea that God will always bless you in answer to prayer, He will do it, but He will never give you the grace of His silence. If Jesus Christ is bringing you into the understanding that prayer is for the glorifying of His Father, then He will give you the first sign of His intimacy— silence.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #278
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for sharing the devotional by Oswald Chambers. I am currently reading his "My Utmost for His Highest". I'm reading it slowly so that I can savor it.

Rita
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You are so very welcome, Rita. Someone gave me My Utmost 23 years ago and have such a respect for Chambers and his intellect. He goes pretty deep at times and is something to read slowly and more than once. It is a book you will go to again and again and learn something new each time.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #280
Stazon Splitcoast

YIppy for the SU orders!!!!!!

Julie..wowzer, girl! Thanks for baring your deepest darkest stamping whoas! LOL! Hey, just throw some scraps on the table, see what looks good together color wise, and go for it. I just did my first one sheet wonder and those really do help rejuvinate your mind. The cuts give you the layouts so that part is done for you... youjust have to come up with the stamp set, colors and embellishments. I sort of liked doing them...but they do take longer than say, cranking out 10 cards of one layout.

I"ll see if I can find the link for the one I did.....Oh, crud, I'm having issues....but I"ll try to post it in a bit....can't find it right off.

Last edited by Bethhartley; 10-11-2008 at 07:07 PM..