Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #2321
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
The pain has been excruciating and does not seem to dissipate unless I stay laying down with my knee up [and ice also helps]--unlikely to happen often. Going up and down all these stairs, getting in and out of the car, and getting into bed at night all are painful. The dr. pushed, prodded and caused resistance and came to the conclusion that it is something called iliotibial band syndrome. http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spor...ine/a/itbs.htm

Most likely caused by running up and down the stairs and my high arches [could it be that easy]. She has set me up for physical therapy but I cannot get in until Thursday.

On a cheerier note, I get to begin piano lessons again starting tomorrow. I have not had lessons in over 35 years. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time.
(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Have fun with your piano lessons --- I tried to take piano many years ago because of my love for the piano but my teacher said my long nails had to go.... couldn't get rid of my nails.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #2322
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Appropriate April Fools' Day devotional...

VERSE:
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
-- 1 Corinthians 1:27

THOUGHT:
The Cross is such an offensive symbol when viewed in its most
basic and raw form. For God to become human flesh and live among us
is unbelievable enough. For God to be subject to the vagaries and
rigors of mortality and human needs is unthinkable. For God to
endure the indignities and inhumanities of the Cross is
preposterous. But, that is the Gospel. What appears to be foolish,
weak, and offensive has the power to re-make us and inspire us to
unparalleled faith. When we come to the Cross and Resurrection of
Jesus, we come to the impossible which was accomplished by God's
grace for us and in us. Only God would bring us salvation in such a
way.

PRAYER:
Holy and gracious Father, I know that the Cross may be silly to
some people. I know that many people who wear the Cross as a symbol
don't honor it. But Father, I confess that Jesus' willingness to go
to the Cross for me is powerfully convicting and amazingly
reassuring. Thank you for this gift of love and sacrifice of grace.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #2323
Insane Embellisher

Beth, just checked out your new things, and love your elephant cards! It has to be a female elephant after all she found the eggs..... my husband can't find anything in the fridge !! Your jar of goodies sound so good will have to make some for the grand kids for Easter. After all I LOVE those PEEPS.

Elee, hope you knee is feeling better soon.

Caternia, had to laugh with your not doing the piano lessons because of your long nails. I tried them to but after they took the numbers away from the notes had no idea were I was suppose to place my hands when I had to move off center c (is that what you call it, been a long long time).

We ended up with about 12 more inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. Have to say it was beautiful out this morning , grabbed my camera and had to take some pictures .

Anyone hear from Tony lately?

Thanks for the tip on the v) (8 ) trying it out to see what happens. Gloria
Old 04-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #2324
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm still here. I've had a very busy week, I've worked every day and I'm also scheduled for tomorrow already. I'm happy to have it, since next week is spring break and I can relax at home a while (as best I can with two boys and whatever neighbor boys they bring home) I've also had a cold, but at least it wasn't the flu like some people here are getting.

Life is somewhat better, a big conflict that I was having with someone has resolved itself (at least partially) and some things I was concerned about at work turned out to be me worrying for nothing.

However, I do have a prayer request. Everyone at DH's office got a notice that if things do not improve for them financially they will have to start laying off people in a couple months. DH was the last one hired in his department so we are somewhat concerned. There are not a lot of job opportunities in our county in his field even in the best of times. He really likes working for this company.

Another interesting development I have - girls are starting to notice my oldest DS (he's 11) Oh yay, I'm not looking forward to the next few years. He's such a shy sweet thing and loves everybody, so I can imagine that may get some attention. Tonight before they went to karate there were three girls from his class in our yard (our neighbor had a couple friends over) At least these are the nice girls from his class. That's the nice thing about me subbing at their school - I see all, I hear all, and I KNOW all, lol.

Well everybody have a good evening, I'm going to try to get a couple cards made.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #2325
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Dearest sweet praying friends, need you to lift an incredible little hero up to the Lord 'big time'.

Have been following a little four year old named Taylor Jones who is need of prayers as well as her poor mom, Gina. Taylor has had a bone marrow transplant and it seems successful however, she has now contacted the BK virus and is in the PICU. Poor baby has been in horrific pain for nearly two weeks and they can't seem to get it under control. She is in Aurora, CO and sure do wish I could go to see this precious princess. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #2326
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Devotional for today.

VERSE:
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen
in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with
you.
-- Philippians 4:9

THOUGHT:
As we seek to pass on the faith to our children, our friends,
our younger spiritual "children" in the faith, we must remember
Paul's example. He taught the truth; passed on the truth that had
been revealed and passed on to him; he displayed that truth in his
life; Paul then called on the people he was mentoring to put this
truth into practice in their daily lives. This would enable them to
fully experience the presence of God in their lives and find the
peace that God so longs to give them.

PRAYER:
Father, help me be a better teacher in word and deed as I seek
to influence those around me, those who need my help in their
Christian walk, and those in my family seeking to grow in your
grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #2327
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, Just prayed for little Taylor, so much to bear for someone so little.

Julie, Praying not only for your husband but all that are worried about job loss and those that have lost their jobs, that our government and the worlds officials make wise decisions not only for our country but for the world .

My sister LuAnn, got her BX. results back and their was no cancer, a blockage in the liver made the bile back up into the gallbladder. Praying the new med she is on will take care of that problem.

I got the results back for my shoulder, there was no tear, but do have tendinitis,will be doing rest and over the counter meds to relieve the pain. But also found out my LDH chol. was higher then a few years ago when it was high so now will have to start on a med for that and increase my exercise. Oh, I wish I had loved PT more growing up instead of home economics. Going to get the little thing that goes on my belt to measure foot steps wants me to go for at least 7500 steps a day and 10,000 would be really making him happy.

It is sunny here today which is really nice we haven't seen a lot of it the last month.

I think we will be going to a "fiddle" contest this weekend, went years ago and it was really fun watching those really little ones play and so good to. YUP, I am country all the way!!

Monday night we have tickets to watch the play "Centurion" that our church is putting on. Have any of you seen it?

Well will run, take care and hope all are having a wonderful day. Gloria
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #2328
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria, glad you are doing well....and that there is no cancer for your sister. Thank goodness....and hope the new meds work forher, too. what a busy weekend/Mondy you ahve planned.

Julie, glad you are doing okay. Enjoy Spring Break and will be praying about your hubby's job.

Goodness, Elee......at least you are getting help wiht your knee. It sounds very painful. But, good for you on the piano lessons! That's awesome.

Caterina....cute about your nails.....will be praying for the Cole family that you mentioned. What these parents go through is unbelievable....let alone what the dear kids are going though.

I'm going to go back a page because I think I missed something.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #2329
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, we have had a busy week too. I'm having an open house this week for some of my card stuff and some Easter stuff. I was supposed to do a little show up north but the venue closed it's doors soI had all this stuff b ought, so I figured I might as well make it all up and have my own little open house. So, been working on that in my spare time.

Ds 1 came home with a fever yesterday....and still had it today. So, not sure what is going on with that. I had one daycare child out with strepp so hope that's not it. Ack....always something.

My Grandma had a pace maker put in this a.m. so there have been issues with her this week. If you can keep her in your prayers, that'd be great.

Got my haircut this week,t oo. That always feels sooo good.

Well, I'm getting hungry for my midnight snack! Ha! ya'll have a good weekend.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #2330
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A quick post to let you know that Taylor is out of PICU and back on the BMT (bone marrow transplant) floor. Her pain has lessened somewhat but has now shifted to her tummy. Thanks so much for your prayers.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #2331
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Saturday to all! We are having extreme wind today....

Now that our church building is sold, we are meeting in one another's homes and this month, Reynold and I are hosting our small group. We are enjoying the house church experience - we first eat breakfast together, share with one another how the Lord is working in our lives, spend time in prayer and our pastor gives messages along the way.

We will be having our two youngest grandsons with us shortly. They will be staying overnight so mommy and daddy can have a little bit of time to go out with friends.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #2332
Matboard Maniac

Hello Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After my last post before we went on spring break my computer died, crashed and just plain went off. we went on vacation, and I called the comuter guy and he and my dh worked on it and I finally sort of got it back today. i did not get on my dh's computer to go out on the net in case I was getting a virus, but that was not the case my hard drive is going bad, so I willl work with this the way it is and save for a new computer in the fall.
Have caught up in the posts, but have to go do stuff with dh so just letting you know You have all been in my heart and in my prayers. Happy about the med. news all is okay and am really glad the flooding has stopped for now and maybe won't happen.
Will be back later to let you all know how it is with us.
God Bless you all

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #2333
Stazon Splitcoast

Margy, glad you could check in. Good for you! But, bummer on the computer. Checkin when you can.

Caterina, that's good news about Taylor. Bless her heart. And, you are such good hostesses for your church group. I'm sure you all will have a great time. Did the grands have a good day with you today? It's so nice to do that...for you, for them, and for their parents to have a little break. Just a win-win situation all the way around.

Nothing much new here.....Oh, my gram is doing well..she's still in the hospital, but the pace maker surgery yesterday went super.

Also, have to share this with you. I know some of you have seen the Peep Jars that I so enjoy making up this time of year. Well, some of my sCS sisters just tease me about 'imprisioning peeps' this time of year...it's too funny. So, Chef Mama wrote up this funny thing onher blog the other day about peep killers.....it's a riot.

Here is the link if you want some fun entertainment

http://chefmamacrafts.blogspot.com/2...s-exposed.html

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow......hope you all will enjoy your church services wherever you are.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:32 AM   #2334
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Palm Sunday to all!

VERSE:
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
-- Philippians 4:5

THOUGHT:
Extravagant over-reaction! That's what we're programmed to seek
and to display in our modern world of sound bytes and over-hyped
personality. But gentleness, that moderating grace in the midst of
chaos and conflict, is so vital to bring the peace of God to
conflict-laden churches, families, and relationships. How can we be
gentle, how can we restrain from over-reacting to the wounds,
offenses, and slights that come our way? The Lord is near! He is
our vindication. He is our example. He is our comfort. He is our
hope. He is our strength. He is near. We are not alone and our
destiny, reputation, and value are not up to us to establish or to
defend.

PRAYER:
O LORD, my Father God, please be ever near me as I seek to be
your person of character in the middle of the chaos and conflict
around me. I ask that your presence be made known and that my
character reflect that presence in all that I do and say today, and
each day that follows. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #2335
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I have been absent...but I have been thinking and praying for you all. I read this devotional today, and thought it was wonderful...and wanted to share.

-----------------------

by Rick Warren

"God gave Jesus to die for our sins, and He raised Him to life, so that we
would be made acceptable to God" (Romans 4:25 CEV).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus' death and resurrection make us acceptable to God.

Would you be surprised to know that most people do not accept themselves? I've been a pastor now for over 30 years and I've talked to tens of thousands of people, and I've found that most people really don't like themselves inside. They wish they were different. They wish they looked different. They wish they acted different.

We don't accept ourselves and so we spend our lives trying to find acceptance among other people; but even more important than being accepted by other people is being accepted by God. That's a problem. Why? Because God is perfect and you're not. And neither am I.

God lives in a perfect place called heaven, so God has a problem. How does He get imperfect people into a perfect place where He is perfect? (Because, obviously, if He allowed imperfect people in a perfect place it wouldn't be perfect anymore.) God has to come up with a plan for imperfect people to be able to live in a perfect place.

God's plan is what I call "The Great Exchange."

The Bible says, "God took the sinless Christ and poured into Him our sins. Then, in exchange, He poured God's goodness into us!" (2 Corinthians 5:21 LB).

I don't know how to make it any clearer than to say it like this: You're never going to be good enough to get into heaven because it's perfect and you stopped being perfect a long time ago. It is Christ's goodness in you that makes you acceptable. You're not perfect, but He is. So God says, "We'll do a little switcheroo here. Jesus will take your sins and you get My goodness in your life." That's quite a deal!

A lot of people feel trapped by their past. They say, "If you knew what I've done, you'd know I'd never be acceptable to God." I don’t know what you've done, but God does and He still accepts you: "God says He will accept us and acquit us—declare us 'not guilty'—if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like" (Romans 3:22 LB).

No matter who we are or what we've been like! We can all be saved. He makes us acceptable to God.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #2336
Stazon Splitcoast

Great post Doris! I am so happy about HIS paving my way! Amen!

http://www.dynamicsofdavis.blogspot.com/
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #2337
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinem View Post
Great post Doris! I am so happy about HIS paving my way! Amen!
Hellooooo, dear sweet Emily!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #2338
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Feeling so sad for one of the Cole families.

Dylan (14) who has Burkitts Lymphoma and his mom traveled from Wisconsin to NIH in DC for a trial study that looked very hopeful. They arrived last week but after some initial tests, the doctors fear it is too big a risk to take due to the possibility the treatment could be fatal to his kidneys. Right now, there are no other options for him.

Talked with his mom, Lori, and she was in such a terrible emotional state which is more than understandable. Did my very best to encourage her but felt so inadequate. Dylan is such an incredibly exceptional young man who truly wants to fight with all his might and is more than willing to be a guinea pig for trial studies. Dylan has beaten the odds so far because Burkitts usually claims their victims in a very short time and Dylan is now living over 13 months with the disease.

So wish I could do more.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #2339
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello dear friends, very busy trying to catch up on the various Cole sites but wanted to check in and leave this devotional.

VERSE:
...present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which
transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds
in Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 4:6-7

THOUGHT:
What guards your heart? What protects your mind? Did you know
that the peace of God can stand guard over our hearts and minds?
That's the apostle Paul's promise to us in this passage. If we will
present our requests to God, with thanksgiving, then God's peace
that is greater than any explanation and that transcends our
ability to comprehend it, will stand sentry over our hearts and
minds. You want an example of how this is true? Look at the book of
Job: All that befalls him; all that wounds him. Yet still he
doesn't become hard of heart or go insane. What is the key to his
survival? His ongoing conversation with the LORD. He will not
relinquish that relationship no matter how badly he hurts, how much
he is confused, nor how badly he is ridiculed.

PRAYER:
Father, I need your peace. There are wounds that pierce my
heart, but I don't want it to become hardened and callused. There
are times my mind is so confused that I fear I may lose my
rationality. Dear Father, I trust that as I cling to Jesus, and as
I speak openly with you about my life and your grace, that you will
bless me with your peace and will protect my heart and my mind from
destruction. Thank you, dear Father, for the reminder that even as
I struggle with my troubles, I also need to give you thanks for all
the good things that you have blessed me with in my life and my
walk with you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #2340
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina and Doris, thank you for the devotionals, both really spoke to me. I have been having a busy but wonderful week. It's spring break here and spring weather actually decided to make an appearance. The weekend and the last two days have been beautiful and so the boys and I have been both working and playing outside. Tomorrow I will need to get something done in the house and hopefully get some down time.

Caterina, what you are doing for the Cole children is so wonderful. I wish I could do as much as you, but for now all I can do is pray.

Beth, I loved the peep story, the jars you make are cute, too bad I can't stand the things!

Hello to everyone else who has posted, Margy, Gloria, Emily and anyone else I may have missed. Hope you are all having a glorious week!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #2341
Forum Fanatic

Hi everyone -- just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have not fallen off of the edge of the planet. I am going to PT and doing the stretches they instructed twice daily as well as piano lessons. Even with spring break for the schools I have work this week doing private elder care. DH is out of town and my dryer has no heat <yikes>. DIL is here for the month and having mechanical difficulties with her car so it has been parked in our drive for the last couple days.

Are you all ready for Resurrection Sunday? What fun plans or traditions do you each have?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #2342
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Caterina and Doris, thank you for the devotionals, both really spoke to me. I have been having a busy but wonderful week. It's spring break here and spring weather actually decided to make an appearance. The weekend and the last two days have been beautiful and so the boys and I have been both working and playing outside. Tomorrow I will need to get something done in the house and hopefully get some down time.

Caterina, what you are doing for the Cole children is so wonderful. I wish I could do as much as you, but for now all I can do is pray.

Beth, I loved the peep story, the jars you make are cute, too bad I can't stand the things!

Hello to everyone else who has posted, Margy, Gloria, Emily and anyone else I may have missed. Hope you are all having a glorious week!
Goodness, prayer is the most wonderful gift you can give!! Thank you so very much!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #2343
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Hi everyone -- just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have not fallen off of the edge of the planet. I am going to PT and doing the stretches they instructed twice daily as well as piano lessons. Even with spring break for the schools I have work this week doing private elder care. DH is out of town and my dryer has no heat <yikes>. DIL is here for the month and having mechanical difficulties with her car so it has been parked in our drive for the last couple days.

Are you all ready for Resurrection Sunday? What fun plans or traditions do you each have?
We are holding house church in our home with our very small group. We will be going to our son's home for dinner with our dil and two grandsons. Our eldest will be visiting with us the following day!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #2344
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Will leave you with the following devotional - have a blessed day!

VERSE:
Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to
you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.
-- 1 Corinthians 15:1

THOUGHT:
Our hope, our salvation, and our foundation for faith is the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Gospel is the same as that Gospel
first preached by the apostles and passed on to the believers in
the early church. With so many confusing and conflicting ideas
present in the world, we need to go back and be reminded of our
simple faith in Jesus and his death, burial and resurrection. We
need to un-clutter our hearts from all the ideas and issues that so
often divide our churches and rip apart our fellowships and hear
the words of the old hymn, "Simply to Thy Cross I cling." Today,
let's be reminded of that simple Gospel of Jesus and build our life
there.

PRAYER:
Almighty and Precious Father, I love you. I cannot begin to
thank you enough for your love and grace, displayed so powerfully
to me in Jesus. I know the basis for my hope and the foundation on
which I build my life is the Gospel of your dear Son. Thank you for
giving me something so simple, steadfast, and sure. In Jesus' name
I pray. Amen.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #2345
Insane Embellisher

Happy Spring all! The snow is melting, the sun shinning and I really think spring MIGHT be here, though the lake across the road from us is solid ice yet.

We have been working on our wood, got most of it hauled for next year, trees down for the year after and cut so now working on splitting. That wood does have a way of warming you more then one time.....

Oh, the "Centurion" Drama was so wonderful this past Monday night. I tell you when it ended in darkness with the thunder and lighting going off it was so quite you could have heard a pin drop, not to mention it brought tears to your eyes. What a wonderful way to start Holy Week. Caterina, you asked how we spend Easter, church Thursday at noon, ( last year that service the pastors offered to wash anyone's feet that wanted if they stayed after church),Friday at noon we go again to church, that is the service we each place a nail into the cross as we leave church, this is in the parking lot were we also have written any sins we think of on paper and burn them in a burner, i love the whole meaning of Easter. This year our daughter and family will be here on Saturday so will have our big meal then and then dye eggs and hid the plastic ones for the little ones. Sunday of course is church with communion, the church is alive with flowers and so very beautiful, then will have a lunch/brunch with our daughter and family before they head home. Bet we'll crash in the afternoon sleeping in our chairs....

Julie, glad things are going good for you this week.

Elee, hope you are totally healed soon! No, heat in the dryer is NOT a good thing, is husband handy at fixing things?

Caterina, You are a very busy lady with your Cole kids, how is Taylor doing now?

Beth, I loved the "peep" story!!! and I am a peep lover from way back, glad some of the grand kids think they are good to, would hate to be the only one eating the cute little things.

Margy, did you get your prayer shawls done you were working on, I think you said you were on two at the same time. I finished Pete's socks ( should have told you to sit down before I told you, didn't want you to faint), now working on the sweater for our one and only grand daughter for Christmas. If I don,t get it done any sooner then the socks she will most likely out grow it before she can wear it!!

Emily, nice to have you stop in, hope you'll be back often.

A big hi to Gail, Rita, Doris, April, naner and everyone else, sorry didn't mean to let anyone out. Gloria
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #2346
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gloria, thanks for asking about sweet Taylor... her mom updates often and this morning, Taylor is experiencing horrific pain again with the BK virus. Thanks so very much for your prayers for her and her mom, Gina.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #2347
Pearl-ExPert

Dropping in to wish all a blessed Easter!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #2348
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Elee, hope you are totally healed soon! No, heat in the dryer is NOT a good thing, is husband handy at fixing things?
He is when he is home. His new job keeps him gone every week for 3-4 days right now. I have alerted him to the task waiting for his return.

My PT today was okay, not as painful. She gave me a few more exercises/stretches to do twice each day. This is super time consuming!

The piano lessons perked up a notch today too. Now I will have plenty to practice, filling the entire 1/2 hour each day. She even gave me a piece she wants me to start working on for a recital at the end of May. <stomach flutter>
Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #2349
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, dear friends, just received this awesome post from Aaron (Cole's Dad) and had to share it.

Friday, April 10, 2009 8:32 AM, CDT

I wonder how many people actually take the time to realize what today really is? What is Good Friday? For some it is simply a day off of school or work. Only to prepare ourselves for the Easter bunnies basket of goodies on Sunday.

How many people don't take the time to think about the reality of what happened today? You know, to be completely honest prior to Cole getting sick I understood the history behind it all but I didn't understand the intimacy of today. The intimate relationship the happens because of what took place thousands of years ago. After I posted that message about the woman who came to Christ because of Cole and another child I realized that she wasn't the only one. For me personally, that is when I truly woke up to the world around me. Unfortunately that is what it took, my son on his death bed, struggling in pain for me to understand the reality of today!! As much as I try to type this example, it will never justify the feelings of knowing what extremes I would have gone for Cole. Truth is I would have given anything to see him be healed and not have to deal with that pain. However, the ultimate truth is God watched His Son get beaten.... and the most amazing thing is he could have choosen any means to make this happen but instead he choose his SON!!!! As much as I care for the rest of you, im sorry I could not have given up Cole. Finally it took me to finally get that picture of God's Love for me through my son. So may today not just be a day off of scool or possibly work, but may it be a day of rejoicing and celebration because we have a Father that Loves us SOOOOO MUCH that he ALLOWED the events of today to take place for you and I. THAT'S HOW MUCH YOU ARE LOVED. For the first Good Friday of my life am I able to truly feel loved! Don't let it take your child for you to feel loved!!

Revelation 3:20

"Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Picture God standing outside your door knocking.... with no knob on the outside...... There you are on the inside with your hand on the door knob and your eye looking through the little window (like at a hotel) and you see a little glimpse of him. He is standing there with his arms wide open," saying come unto me". It doesn't matter if you never knew him or maybe you have been going to church all of your life but he doesn't seem real to you. Today it is recorded all we have to do is open that door! All we have to do is come to him. It says if any man hear my voice I will come to him. Guess what if you just read this you heard is voice!!!! SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #2350
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I hear ya Eleek,
I to have been by to read but using dh's cumputer is not like using mine any time.
we are having a family dinner again. It has been a couple of years since because family has been scattered, but all my children andmy mom will be in attendance, I am so excited. Can;t wait for Sunday service!!!!
Pray for all my sisters here every morning.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #2351
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, thank you for sharing Cole's dad's beautiful and personal testimony, reminding us of the love of God to share his son today for us. When after our church service today we each placed a nail into the cross as we left it brings home so much how we are each part of the death of our Lord. Gloria
Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #2352
Insane Embellisher

Well this afternoon we finished splitting the wood for 2010!! Not sure how long we'll be able to do it, hard to watch my husband lift those really huge pieces to the splitter. He will be 68 this year and I 65 , were did the time go? I jokingly told him I thought we spent most of our married life working with "wood". Working on his saw mills, cutting wood, splitting wood, carrying it into the house, putting it into the stove and then the ashes out.... asked him what good time he was going to show me next week. Guess it will be taking the leaves off the well . LOL My guy does know how to show me a good time. kidding aside he is a wonderful life partner!

Going to go and boil the eggs for the grands to dye tomorrow afternoon, they had such fun last year. Hope each of you have a Blessed Easter and we'll all be able to say on Easter morning "He is risen indeed". Gloria
Old 04-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #2353
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Last week Reynold and I enjoyed having dinner with Lindsay, mother to dear sweet Armstrong, along with another Cole prayer team member. Regrettably, Armstrong earned his wings last night and is now with the Lord. His horrible ordeal is over but feel so very sad for the Lindsay and the family.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #2354
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone!

Margy, I'm so thrilled that your family will all be home for Easter. How fun will that be???

Elee, hope the lessons are going well as is the PT. Im sure hubby is home by now...enjoy!

Caterina, YOu have such a big heart for the Cole kids and families. I have been reading and have been praying for little Taylor.....and the post from Cole's dad was really such a neat devotional. And, I'm sorry about Armstrong. I remember yo u saying you were going to meet a mother for dinner last week. How sad. Bless their hearts.

Gloria, I love hearing about all you and your dh do together. Must be such fun....exhausting, but fun! Well, at least you have a splitter, right? Beats a chain saw and an axe! Although, I'm sure you have those around often tooo. We used to have a wood stove growing up and it really did help heat. We had some friends that lived way out in the 'boonies' and we often cut and hauled wood with them. Such fun memories of being out in God's creation. Have fun dying eggs with the kiddies.....they will enjoy.

We dyed a dozen this week already. My boys LOVE hard boiled eggs.....so they are nearly gone already and it' snot even Easter yet! We are heading to my folks tomorrow-Sunday and are excited about that.

We had Good Friday service tonight too...was really nice. I always get so teary-eyed and the boys sat so nice. They are usualy off in children's church but I'm glad they were in for the service tonight. They are to teh age that what happened to Jesus is really intregiuing to them. I know I spelled that word wrong, but you know what I mean, right? LOL! Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful Easter. It's great to reflect on Jesus' death and the price he paid for our sins....but what Joy Easter brings when we can shout "Hosanna...He's Alive!"

Blessings, dear ones!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #2355
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a spiritual thought for the day...

------------------

by Rick Warren

"That's what Christ did definitively: suffered because of others' sins, the Righteous One for the unrighteous ones. He went through it all—was put to death and then made alive—to bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18 MSG).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Easter celebrates an event that proved Jesus was who He claimed to be. He was God in the flesh, and He came to earth to save us. And that meant He had to die for us.

After a night of beatings and mocking, after being crowned with painful thorns, Jesus was crucified. Crucifixion is probably the most brutal and torturous death penalty ever devised by men. His hands were stretched out wide against the cross and nailed through the two bones in each wrist. As the nails went through this part of the flesh, they would strike the nerve that travels up the arm and cause excruciating pain.

If you hang this way for any period of time, the muscles around your chest cavity become paralyzed. You can breathe in but you can't breathe out. Death on a cross is really a simple matter of suffocation, except the Romans didn't want to make it that easy. They'd take a person's knees and bend them a little bit and nail the feet to the cross.

So a man would hang there in absolute agony until the pain in his chest was about to explode, and then he would lift himself up on his nailed feet to grab a breath. When the pain in his feet grew unbearable, he'd let himself back down again until the pain in his lungs became unbearable. It was an incredibly torturous event.

Eventually, the soldiers would break the legs of the criminal to hasten death by suffocation.

In the case of Jesus, they didn't have to break His legs, because He had already died. But just to make sure, they stuck a spear in His side. Water and blood came out of the chest cavity, which, doctors say, only happens if the heart rips. You can call it what you want, but Jesus died of a broken heart.

Why did Jesus have to die? Because He alone was able to pay for your sins. You deserved punishment, but Jesus paid the penalty for you: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God" (1 Peter 3:18 NIV).

------------------

To think that anyone would through this much pain and suffering for me is unbelievable.

Let us never forget it....and never ever abandon him....
Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #2356
Pearl-ExPert

To All My Sweet Sisters!

He Has Risen...He has Risen Indeed!

I love easter...i love the empty tomb with the linen folded back.

I love you all and miss you...will catch up soon.

The Lord Bless you and keep you , may His face shine upon you and give you peace!

Love,
toni
paid in full

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #2357
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

He is Risen ... He is Risen Indeed

Blessings to all of you as you celebrate the Resurrection of Our Lord!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #2358
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY

HAPPY

RESURRECTION

SUNDAY!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #2359
Insane Embellisher

HAPPY EASTER everyone! Such a joy to say YES, HE HAS RISEN!!!! Gloria
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #2360
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Resurrection Day everyone! I'm so thankful to come here and see all your posts!