Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #2281
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Sunday dear friends! Got a real treat today. Our grandson, Alexander, was visiting his dad and we were able to see him for a little visit. We stopped there after church to bring a little birthday gift to his half-sister, Abby, who had her first birthday earlier this month. Cannot believe a year has gone by already.

Btw, our church has been sold and a small group of us are now attending house church which we are enjoying. We all share in a meal, have fellowship, prayer time, etc. Next month, the group will be coming to our home.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #2282
Stazon Splitcoast

Ahhhh, I"m finally able to get to the computer for longer periods of time. Inlaws are at BIL's house now for a few weeks. It was great to ahve them here but I can't be on the computer so much when company is here.

Glad to get the updates and all the great devos.

Carmen, thanks for stopping by. A big welcome to you.

Margy, have a blast on your trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Caterina, hope you all had a happy anniversary.

Julie, it's been cold here too...not AS cold, but still coolish. I'm ready for the REAL Spring! LOL!

Elee, you k now I'm still praying for your dd.

Hello everyone else....I'm sure I"m missing come comments I wanted to say but it's late, I'm tired but did want to check in.

Hugs to you all....tomorrrow is anothe rweek!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #2283
Insane Embellisher

Here we are again, it is raining "cats and dogs" here today but it isn't WHITE so we'll take it...

Our daughter,husband and little ones were here for the weekend. Got to have them all to ourselves for about 3 hours so they could go on a "date" for his birthday.So much fun to have them to ourselves, but having a 2 year old and a very active 3 year old does make you realize you are a little bit older then last year. They were so good in church yesterday.

Husband is feeling much better, has the sink apart today in the bathroom and in town now getting replacement parts for the drain.

Lots of other things going on here, remember our son who had gastric bypass about 6 weeks ago? He is still having pain after eating, a sister who has an enlarged liver and who will be having a BX. in the near future, and I'll be seeing the Dr, for my shoulder/arm on Thur. for pain with movement. When you think of me would you please say a prayer for those I love.

Well will go for now, Margy you have a fun vacation and tell us all about it when you get back, Elee, continue to pray for you and your family, Beth glad to have you back on line, Thanks for the great devotionals all. Hi to all I might have missed. Gloria
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #2284
Crimping Master

Hello ladies! It has been a llooonngg time since I posted in this thread so I doubt anyone will remember my posts. I just wanted to tell y'all that we had a wonderful service at church yesterday. I got to teach a SS class to young married couples and it went about as perfect as you can get. God was really working! Thanks for reading my post. Have a blessed week everyone!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #2285
Stazon Splitcoast

Margy, I sure will be praying a bout your family and your shoulder as well. Let us know how it all goes. And what a fun weekend with the Grands. Great times for sure!

Hi Bubbasprincess...yes, I do remember your name being around these parts a while back. Glad you stopped in to say h ello. Wow! What a fun day at church with the teaching and all. That's amazing and I love it when God is so CLEAR about his workings. I'm sure those in the class really enjoyed it a lot!

Howdy everyone else. It's monday, I'm draggin and tired....but it's a new day! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #2286
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Monday dear friends, thinking of each you -- glad to see you, Bubbaprincess, stopping by -- have seen you while traveling SCS.

Still very busy with Cole and all these sweet precious heroes. Just spoke with the dad of an absolutely adorable little girl named Taylor who is doing well with her bone marrow transplant but is in tremendous pain. She has leukemia and is in Colorado - after reading on her site that she was in so much pain, just wanted to fly out there to be by her side... screaming like Shirley Mclaine in the movie, Terms of Endearment, "GIVE HER THE SHOT!"
Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #2287
Matboard Maniac

all is well glad to know things are going better for you and your family...
God is good...
today is the second time he has had someone message me that i'd been struggling with forgivness with... and has brought healing. praise the lord
Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #2288
Matboard Maniac

oh and it snowed yesterday....
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #2289
Insane Embellisher

Husband talked to our son tonight ( had the gastric by pass), and the Dr. told him he would have to have the opening stretched 4 or 5 times. Had it done one time today. Please pray for him, very worried he has lost 72 pounds in 6 weeks. Gloria
Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #2290
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsmiley21 View Post
oh and it snowed yesterday....
April, your baby is absolutely precious and adorable - you must be so happy to have such a sweet little one.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #2291
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Husband talked to our son tonight ( had the gastric by pass), and the Dr. told him he would have to have the opening stretched 4 or 5 times. Had it done one time today. Please pray for him, very worried he has lost 72 pounds in 6 weeks. Gloria
Gloria, may the Lord cover you and your family completely with His protective grace, love, goodness, kindness and His wonderful peace that goes way beyond any human understanding.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #2292
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to let you know that I have volunteered to be a Maryland state rep for the Cole Foundation. The job/duties are a work in progress but am looking forward to it. The Lord has definitely given me a heart for these precious little heroes.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #2293
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, Those little ones and families are blessed to have you find your calling with them. Know God will walk with you as you walk with them though this most difficult time. Thank you for the prayer for my son. Gloria
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #2294
Insane Embellisher

April, you do have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! Gloria
Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #2295
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
April, your baby is absolutely precious and adorable - you must be so happy to have such a sweet little one.

Ditto! Congrats.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #2296
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampinglunchlady View Post
Hello all!! Happy first day of Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for me the last day of work,for nine whole days. Hello Hells Canyon!!!!!!! We are going with a group camping, so am getting the motor home ready and dh is getting the 4wheelers ready, and I am so excited to be going somewhere with friends and relatives.
I am so blessed with knowing all of you. Gloria said it best. Someone to laugh with and someone to cry with and always knowing God's word is present.
My mom is doing so good! She loves her Wii Fit. She does the step arobics and balance one day and Yoga and arobics the next day, in the morning, in the afternoon she does the bowling or tennis. Now that the weather is nicer she is walking her dog also. She is one buisy mom. Has a doc appt. Monday to have a scope down the esophagus, to look for reflux damage and whatever, but really she is doing good. Also she is making dog sweaters, so funny I have to sew the buttons on for her.
Have made some really cute cards, am going to have my grandson help this comeing week before camping to upload. Also need to get a few other things done while I have him here, like dusting the high plant shelves, he is so good at that.
It is time to start plannign my garden, tomatoes, peas and beans. Yum Yum
God Bless

I love my Wii Fit too! It's alot of fun.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #2297
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have an urgent prayer request for a very precious little girl name Taylor Jones who has been in horrendous pain for nearly a week and the medical staff can't seem to figure out what is wrong. She has had a bone marrow transplant and sometimes these poor children get a virus that can cause tremendous pain.

Please, please storm the heavens for her. Thanks so much.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #2298
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ... I just stopped and prayed for little Taylor and her family. As I prayed I pictured Jesus holding little Taylor in His arms and comforting her.

Rita
``````
Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #2299
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
Caterina ... I just stopped and prayed for little Taylor and her family. As I prayed I pictured Jesus holding little Taylor in His arms and comforting her.

Rita
``````
Thank you so very much, Rita, my heart has been so heavy for this sweet precious angel. You are such a blessing.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #2300
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, praying for Taylor..got the e-mail about it the other day. Bless their hearts. God is certainly using you to gather up the prayer warroirs for these dear little babes And, now with adding Maryland....amazing! It will keep you so busy, it already does, but what a ministry!

Gloria, so is this the opening to your son's stomach? I'm sort of comfused as I don't know much about GBS. I hope things will continue to go well with this......and that he can get to a state where it's more balanced. I will pray!

April!! How fun to see you here. I really enjoyed our facebook chat the other week but haven't had the time to get on there as much lately. Hope things are going well!! That babe is such a sweetie pie!

How is everyone else doing?

The weather today is near perfect. I hae some windows open..it's so nice. The kids played outside for about an hour after lunch...now everyone is sacked out for nap. Ahhhh, quiet. They usually are a quiet bunch anyway...I have a nice group!

Got to enter my tax info for hubby so better get at it.

Oh, can you all pray for my Gram? She is the only grandparent I have left and she is probably going to have to go into anursing home sometime soon. She can't get up and around much at all anymore...just getting older....My uncle lives with her but it's even getting to be too much for him to manage. My dad is near..about 40 min...but not near enough to be able to run over in an emergency type situation. The other week she fell and my could not get her up off the floor so they called my dad. He made the 40 min. trip up just toget her up off the floor. I think, by the time dad got there, they had called the EMS and people were there helping her. Nothing was broken...she just could not get up. So, just pray for her, my uncle and dad as they work together to make a plan.

Thanks, ladies!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #2301
Insane Embellisher

Praying for both you Caterina and Beth for your grandparent.

Please pray for the flooding that is taking place on the ND and Minnesota border. Our daughter lives there and she said the town is a mess. One hears so much about negative things with the young people but one should just watch the news and see how they are all working to try and save their town. What a blessing they and so many others are at this time.

Beth, it is the opening between the stomach and the intestine. He ate small amt. today and so far it has been good, hope it was a one time dilation that he had to have done, the Dr. told him about 5% of the people that have it done have this problem.

Just got back from the Dr. and I will have an MRI of my left shoulder next week on April 1st. He thinks I could have a rotor cuff tear.

Hope all are having a great day, snow again here off and on, is spring really going to come soon???? LOL Gloria
Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #2302
Stazon Splitcoast

Just thought I'd quick post, I'm rather excited right now and my family is not here to share this with. Actually, even if they were they wouldn't understand how I feel so I probably wouldn't share anyway. I just finished a card using some goodies I ordered from SU. I got that new set, Trendy Trees, and I used it along with my 1 inch chocolate chip grosgrain and new sage shadow 1/4 inch grosgrain. I absolutely love those two colors together and that sage shadow ribbon is soooo gorgeous.

I have prayed for each of the prayer requests on this thread today. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been working a lot so I haven't had a lot of time to post. Hopefully I'll get on here tomorrow sometime.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #2303
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to stop by to say hello --

Tonight at 10:06pm, my daughter was born, 39 years ago. Grateful to the Lord that He has kept her well.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #2304
Forum Fanatic

Wanted to stop by and say hi, I have fallen behind in posting but have kept up on reading and prayer. I spy a cute baby in April's avi and am lifting up Gloria's hubby & daughter in prayer. Little Taylor is blessed to have you lovin over her, Caterina. Beth, it is tough to watch the decline of our grandparents but I'm happy that you still enjoy your Gram. Julie, it sounds like you have been blessed to overflowing with work! PTL Thank you Wendy for the wii fit endorsement. I have been curious about that.

I am exhausted [since it is nearly midnight] and must go to bed. Hugs all.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #2305
Insane Embellisher

HI, thanks for the prayers, it is still so awful bad at moorhead and Fargo. They have taken all the nursing home pt.s to other homes , college is closed, stores closed and some home are already lost due to the flooding. Pray the sand bags hold tomorrow they think it will reach its peak which will be feet above the last flood which was really terrible in 1997. They are saying it will stay that height for a week before it starts to go down.All roads into Fargo are now closed, so if the need to be everyone will have the one road to leave on. Our son has been able to eat soft food the last two days with no problem hope it stays that way. Wishing you all the best and will keep you all in my prayers. Caterina, happy birthday to your daughter.
Gloria
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #2306
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Saturday, dear friends, pray the Lord gives each of you a blessed day.

VERSE:
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not
know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes
for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches
our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit
intercedes for the saints in accordance with Godís will.
-- Romans 8:26-27

THOUGHT:
Most of us will face very difficult circumstances in our lives.
When we do, we will likely feel that our prayers just bounce off
the ceiling. Our words will seem empty and useless. We can't seem
to verbalize what is on our hearts. We feel like our words are
ineffective and insufficient. So what do we do? We trust this
promise. We go to God in prayer! Even when we don't have words to
say, we offer our hearts to him, trusting that the Holy Spirit
takes those thoughts, emotions, and inarticulate frustrations to
God. The Spirit makes our hearts known to God, interceding for us
according to God's will. Even when we don't have words, the Spirit
makes our needs known. What a tremendous reassuring grace!

PRAYER:
Abba Father, it is so comforting to know that my words,
thoughts, and emotions are all presented to you through your Holy
Spirit. Father, I feel inadequate to approach you and I know
without the intercession of your Son and the Holy Spirit that I
would not be worthy to do so. Thank you for giving me the assurance
that you will always hear me even when I canít find the words to
say. In Jesusí name I pray. Amen.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #2307
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, hope you are having a good Saturday. Thanks for the devo Caterina, I especially needed it today. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but I'm going through a rough situation right now, so I'm trying to put my focus back where it belongs as much as I can.

Add to this that it's pouring down rain today, and I only got three hours of sleep last night, I've definitely got a full case of the blues right now. This has just not been a good week. But I know that my problems are fairly small compared to others', so I'll just try to focus on what's important.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 03-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #2308
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, Thanks for the devotional ,those are some of my favorite verses.

Elee, hope everything is going good for you.

Julie, Thinking of you and will say a prayer for you knowing God will know just what you need.

Asking all to pray for my sister tomorrow, she has her liver BX. tomorrow at noon.

Daughter and little ones came to spend some time with us, nothing new about the flooding at this point. Will be going home either tomorrow or one of the next days, depends on if we get the snow storm we are now suppose to get with 6 to 12 more inches of snow. Gloria
Old 03-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #2309
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria, I was just watching the news this a.m. and they mentioned and showed pics of the flooding. Goodness! What a mess. Looks like it's gone down a little but but now they are saying that snow could impact the flooding??? I'm glad your dd and kids came to stay with you. Who would want to even deal with tha tmess. Is their house okay?

Julie, you sweet thing. You have such a tender soul. I'm sorry you are going through a tough patch right now. Be strong. The old painting (my mom used to have it in her bedroom ...it was her's as a child in her bedroom) of the lady clinging to the cross shaped rock in the middle of the ocean with a storm brewing all around. Hang on to that rock! Praying for you....did you upload your card you made? I wanna see it! It sounds so pretty. I can't remember that set..I'll have to get out mycatty.

I've got some new things in my gallery too......yes, I'm begging for some gallery lovers! LOL! Let me know when you all upload new stuff...I love seeing what you have made.

Elee...how is the many names for God scrapbook. Any more pages uploaded. I have a small group for daycare today (2 are out...) so I have s ome computer time and will check out your galleries.

Caterina. Thanks for the devos...I always appreciate them so much.

Inlaws are at my BIL's house so we were up tehre for most of Saturday. The cousins always have so much fun. My SIL is a budding stamper so we often chat about what we are making and check out things togetehr online. Then on Sunday after church we had some friends over. My hubby loves to play these geeky, IMO of coarse, board games...haha! This one was Forumula One where they have these little cars and you roll the dice and depending on what you get you might get a flat tire, or get hit by anotehr car, or your gear box might go out. It's pretty elaborate and fun for the boys. But there are two families, both with no kids yet, where the wives play these games with their hubbies. So, they came over. I'm happy to go hide in my stamp area while they play and they are happy to brag over my creations! LOL! We do have such fun and enjoy each otehrs company. Dh was able to grill out for lunch so that was yummers.

Well, hope everyone else here is doing well......girls, pop if you have not posted for a while....we love hearing from you all.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #2310
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends, hope this finds each and every one of you having a blessed day.

We were very blessed this weekend by having our grandsons with us. Camron & Conrad spent Saturday afternoon with us - at 3 and 18 mos., they are such a trip. Our sweet eldest grandson, Alexander, visiting yesterday. He wanted to see a movie called Mall Cop with Kevin James - it was funny and enjoyable, no curse words, no sexual stuff - Alexander did well in his pick. As always, the time goes by so very fast and we had to drive him back.

Still very busy with Cole and being blessed by each child and family. One of the mothers just called me - she is on her way to DC for a hearing on pediatric cancer. Her son, Armstrong, has been going through some really tough stuff and is now confined to a wheelchair. We will be meeting her tonight for dinner somewhere near her hotel. Have to get a goodie bag together to give her.

Well back to the 'salt mines' (not really - it is a joy to do what I am doing).
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #2311
Insane Embellisher

Hi All,

Yes, Beth it is a mess over there, she was only here until about 11:30 today then headed back to Moorhead to be with her husband. Got home in time since when she called it was snowing huge flakes, they could have 15 to 24 inches of snow to go with the flooding. Their home is at the out skirts of Moorhead so they feel it should be safe only problem will be if the sewer backs up into all the homes if the lift station fail. Those people have worked so hard to save their town, praying God strengthens their sand bags to hold back the water.

Noon today my one sister had her liver bX. now we are waiting the results of that, her MRI showed her liver is enlarged. Has two young girls at home and a single mom so they need her so badly.

Caterina, what a blessing to meet the parents of one of your little angels. Hope all goes well in D.C. for them.

Julie, hope your day is going better and you are finding peace.

A BIG hello to everyone, will keep you posted on the flooding. Gloria
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #2312
Forum Fanatic

I am okay, just have not been on SCS much lately-neither have I had a chance to drag all of my supplies back out so I can play more on those scrapbook pages. Tomorrow I do have an appt. with the dr. to get help figuring out what is up with my knee. Enough is enough! It has caused me pain off and on for years and the last couple times have been terrible and longer. Hopefully she has a clue what is wrong or sends me to a specialist.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #2313
Insane Embellisher

Read this devotional this morning and wanted to share it with all of you.

Isaiah 44:1-8

There is no other rock; I know not one. (v.

Hiking the Appalachian Trail through northeastern Pennsylvania, their are many, many rocks. When hiking on level ground, the rocks are mostly a nuisance that make for uneven ground. When hiking uphill or down, however, the rocks can be very helpful or very harmful. You must be careful to choose which rock to trust as you place your foot on it. the rock may act as a step up or down or it may act as a tumbler, rolling out from underneath your foot and causing a fall. Where you place your foot makes all the difference.
Faith in God is the only rock. It is the only sure and steady place in which to put our faith. Those without any sort of assurance. Quite frankly, I don't know how they do it. Is self their rock? Is the goodness of others their rock? Knowing that God supports me in life gives me the courage to move beyond worrying about what will happen to me, so that I might be of help to others. God is our rock, because the Lord chooses us and loves us. God is our rock; nothing will change that.

God, our Rock, hold me above life's worries in your steadfast love, that I might see to serve others. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 AM   #2314
Insane Embellisher

sorry not sure what i did to get the face instead of (v. in above. Gloria
Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 AM   #2315
Insane Embellisher

Elee, good luck with the Dr, appointment today. No fun having pain. Let us know what he says. Praying he'll have a quick fix for you. Gloria
Old 03-31-2009, 05:59 AM   #2316
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
sorry not sure what i did to get the face instead of (v. in above. Gloria
If you type an "8" with a ")" immediately following you get the ... so you need to leave a space when you type (v.8 ). Just a quirk of the software here.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #2317
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning my dear friends, Reynold and I were blessed last evening meeting Armstrong's mom, Lindsay and a fellow Cole member who 'adopted' Armstrong. Drove to Silver Spring to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and we talked the night away before heading for home.

Lindsay will be giving testimony today about her son's cancer at a gathering today. Although she is only allowed three minutes, she was a bit nervous last night so send a little prayer up for her.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #2318
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, Glad you had the Grands over..sounds like you all had a blast. And, how neato tha tyou got to meet Mrs. Armstrong. What a blessing and support toher and how neat that she can now bless otehrs by her little testimony today. I ope it went well.

Gloria, thanks for the update on your family in the flood areas. Wow....I just can't even imagine. It has to be so difficult. Will keep praying.

Elee, ouch about the knee. So sorry to hear that and let us know what the doc says. Just painful I know. I go through spurts with my left knee where it hurts. i had it checkedout a few years back but they saw nothing on the xrays.....still there are times that it just aches andhurts. Well, keep us posted.

Hope everyone else has a great evening and day tomorrow.

Dh took the day off today as our y oungest had a little play at school...Kindergarden. They all did such a cute job...was really sweet. Then dh just stayed and ate lunch with our oldest since it was right after the play. Was good for him to spend time with both boys at school. So, we had a good day.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #2319
Forum Fanatic

The pain has been excruciating and does not seem to dissipate unless I stay laying down with my knee up [and ice also helps]--unlikely to happen often. Going up and down all these stairs, getting in and out of the car, and getting into bed at night all are painful. The dr. pushed, prodded and caused resistance and came to the conclusion that it is something called iliotibial band syndrome. http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spor...ine/a/itbs.htm

Most likely caused by running up and down the stairs and my high arches [could it be that easy]. She has set me up for physical therapy but I cannot get in until Thursday.

On a cheerier note, I get to begin piano lessons again starting tomorrow. I have not had lessons in over 35 years. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #2320
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
The pain has been excruciating and does not seem to dissipate unless I stay laying down with my knee up [and ice also helps]--unlikely to happen often. Going up and down all these stairs, getting in and out of the car, and getting into bed at night all are painful. The dr. pushed, prodded and caused resistance and came to the conclusion that it is something called iliotibial band syndrome. http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spor...ine/a/itbs.htm

Most likely caused by running up and down the stairs and my high arches [could it be that easy]. She has set me up for physical therapy but I cannot get in until Thursday.

On a cheerier note, I get to begin piano lessons again starting tomorrow. I have not had lessons in over 35 years. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time.
Enjoy your piano lessons ... it's so totally different as an adult - I loved it ... and had the blessing of a teacher who helped me learn some of the popular Christian songs as well as doing the classics. Piano recitals at the same time as my kids were an interesting concept ... I totally got their stage fright!