Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #2241
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Thank you, you guys. It is amazing how God can draw us together as sisters even over the internet. Your <hugs> are felt and appreciated.

I have not cried so much since my little brother committed suicide a couple years ago---and ever cried before that.

She is out looking at houses today. DH is going to give her a quick date to move if she cannot follow our lead and at least listen to advice. The until May 1st break they were going to take only lasted 2 days.
Elee, know how awful the situation is for you - have had a similar situation with my daughter several times and it is heartbreaking. Reynold and I also had to take a strong stand with his son as well several years ago. Please know my heart goes out to you and am here for support.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #2242
Forum Fanatic

I am so very tired of crying. Why can't I just not care and let her do whatever she thinks is best? It would be so much easier to not be concerned about next year or 5 years from now or 15 years from now.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #2243
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

I am so very tired of crying. Why can't I just not care and let her do whatever she thinks is best? It would be so much easier to not be concerned about next year or 5 years from now or 15 years from now.
Elee, my heart aches for what you are going through right now because it is so very painful. How much I wish I could make things so much better for you. Try taking one moment at a time and if ever you want to talk, please feel free to call me anytime.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #2244
Insane Embellisher

Good evening all,

Well we are back in our "mud" weather, and we have a dog that doesn't like to get his feet wet..... it is surprising how he can walk on the side of a snow bank to miss the water.

Beth, are you having more parties for birthdays? So glad you are getting some time with your parents. But miss you.

Julie, How are you doing? Hope you are having/had a more peaceful week in the play ground.

Margy, how are things going for you? Hope your mom is doing well. Is your Uncles wife still living? and husband is doing well post dentist.

Toni, haven't seen you around forever, how is the new job going? miss you.

Any news on April and the baby?

Doris, you sound like me, I always have loved the mornings to, even as a teenager I would get up and watch the sun come up. Mornings are so special, we have a whole new day ahead.

Rita, what have you been up to?

nanner, you still working on your party? If it is over how did it go?

I know I should go back and try and find it, but was it your car that broke down Gale? I know the last snow storm had me thinking of it since our tractor broke down not once but twice for my husband to have to work on while he was trying to plow snow. Hope it is up and running again.

Caterina, hope you are rested from your vacation, know you are back to working with your "Cole" kids.

Elee, thinking of you and praying for peace to come into your life.

Worked on more scrapbook pages after house work today, got those done for my great grandparents on my dads side. It was for their 50th and 60th wedding anv. Isn't it something to be married that long, Looked up on the net and found different prices of things from when they got married and then for each of the mile stone anv. that they had.

Well sure you all don't want to read this book so will say goodnight to all and hope you have a wonderful "Gods" day tomorrow. Gloria
Old 03-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #2245
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Yup - it was my car that broke down.
Amazingly, it was less than $350 to get it fixed! That whole situation turned into a continual refrain of "God is good" and counting blessings!

Ds has all his university applications in ... now we just wait ...

SU! Regionals is here next Saturday - and some of the SCS'rs are coming over Fri nite for a shoebox swap. Therefore - in the next 6 days I need to:
- clean my stamping area so there's room for 10 people
- design shoebox swap card and get 10 packages ready
- design a swap card to take along

- go to the musical production at the school on Thursday night (which goes til quite late)
- got to ESL on Wednesday night

- not get too overstressed
- enjoy the whole experience
Old 03-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #2246
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Some encouragement for today

Reaching Up To Heaven

The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. —Romans 8:26

I see children reach up their hands to their mothers, eager to get their attention. It reminds me of my own efforts to reach up to God in prayer.

The early church stated that the work of the aged is to love and to pray. Of the two, I find love to be the most difficult, and prayer to be the most confusing. My infirmity lies in not knowing the exact thing for which I ought to pray. Should I pray that others will be delivered from their troubles—or that their troubles will go away? Or should I pray for courage to carry on through the difficulties that belabor them?

I’m comforted by Paul’s words: “The Spirit also helps in our weaknesses” (Rom. 8:26). Here the apostle uses a verb that means, “to help by joining in an activity or effort.” God’s Spirit is joined to ours when we pray. He intercedes for us “with groanings which cannot be uttered.” He is touched by our troubles; He sighs often as He prays. He cares for us deeply—more than we care for ourselves. Furthermore, He prays “according to the will of God” (v.27). He knows the right words to say.

Therefore, I needn’t worry about getting my request exactly right. I need only to hunger for God and to reach up, knowing that He cares. — David H. Roper

O God, too weak and worn for words, I shrink
From trials that deeply wound, and yet to think
Your Holy Spirit helps me as I pray
And gives a voice to what I cannot say! —Gustafson

When praying, it’s better to have a heart without words than words without heart.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #2247
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A double dose of encouragement for us!

VERSE:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am
your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you
with my righteous right hand.
-- Isaiah 41:10

THOUGHT:
God's story through the history of his people, Israel, is one of
triumph, protection, and faithfulness. God is with us. God cares
for us. God hears our prayers. God longs to bless and protect us.
God longs to strengthen and uphold us. Let's put our hope in him.

PRAYER:
O God, you are my God, and I long to bring you honor and glory.
Please stir my courage to live victoriously and passionately for
you. I trust that as I display your character and live for your
glory that you will strengthen and uphold me by your mighty
presence within me and by your mighty arm of grace around me. In
you I have placed my hope. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #2248
Insane Embellisher

Caternia, thank you for the "double dose" of devotionals today. We read the Romans verse daily, it is so nice to know our prayers don't have to be perfect that God always knows what we are trying to say.

We had such a nice church service again today, for lent they are doing something different and have what you might call "stations". You can move around to the different ones as you wish, light a candle and remember someone in prayer, lay a stone at the base of our wooden cross ( its the same one on Good Friday we place each a nail into as we leave church), someone places a prayer shawl around our shoulders and pray with us, place a prayer request on the branches of small trees in front of the church, stop at the Baptismal font to remember our Baptism, take Holy Communion, and another table that has different information on each week of a community service we can do. This week it was about bagging meals to send to Africa. The one minister had made up one of the meals that we could try, it was really tasty but it is suppose to feed a family of 6 for a day and the women make it go for a week. Needless to say I think it was a very moving service, this is worked into the regular service.

Will check back later and see what all have been doing today. Gloria
Old 03-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #2249
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a glorious Sunday. I had a pretty good week, though it was busy.

Gail, it sounds like you will have quite a week. I'm not sure I could handle that without completely losing my sanity. I wish you well.

Caterina, thanks for the double devotions (and all the others you have posted).

Elee, (((((HUGS))))) I'm praying for peace for your family. I have a good friend whose daughter married an older man, and while my friend and her DH have little to do with this man, they have a good relationship with their daughter and her kids. Their daughter's life isn't perfect, but whose life is on this earth? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have a situation I wouldn't mind some agreement in prayer. I may have jumped into something I'm not ready for, and would just like guidance. On Tuesday, I will be doing a job at a school that's not the one my kids go to. This job could turn into something long-term, and I do not want to committ to something that won't be good for my family in the long run. On the other hand, it could be something I would really like doing, but I know that I am not ready to work full time (even temporarily) especially at a school my kids do not attend. Right now I'm praying I get some more answers as to what the job entails, and if it is more than I can handle, that I will recognize this before I lose my mind, lol.

Everyone enjoy what's left of the weekend. And hello to all the others I didn't mention.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #2250
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Caternia, thank you for the "double dose" of devotionals today. We read the Romans verse daily, it is so nice to know our prayers don't have to be perfect that God always knows what we are trying to say.

We had such a nice church service again today, for lent they are doing something different and have what you might call "stations". You can move around to the different ones as you wish, light a candle and remember someone in prayer, lay a stone at the base of our wooden cross ( its the same one on Good Friday we place each a nail into as we leave church), someone places a prayer shawl around our shoulders and pray with us, place a prayer request on the branches of small trees in front of the church, stop at the Baptismal font to remember our Baptism, take Holy Communion, and another table that has different information on each week of a community service we can do. This week it was about bagging meals to send to Africa. The one minister had made up one of the meals that we could try, it was really tasty but it is suppose to feed a family of 6 for a day and the women make it go for a week. Needless to say I think it was a very moving service, this is worked into the regular service.

Will check back later and see what all have been doing today. Gloria
Gloria, your service sounds absolutely lovely - what a blessing.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #2251
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a glorious Sunday. I had a pretty good week, though it was busy.

Gail, it sounds like you will have quite a week. I'm not sure I could handle that without completely losing my sanity. I wish you well.

Caterina, thanks for the double devotions (and all the others you have posted).

Elee, (((((HUGS))))) I'm praying for peace for your family. I have a good friend whose daughter married an older man, and while my friend and her DH have little to do with this man, they have a good relationship with their daughter and her kids. Their daughter's life isn't perfect, but whose life is on this earth? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have a situation I wouldn't mind some agreement in prayer. I may have jumped into something I'm not ready for, and would just like guidance. On Tuesday, I will be doing a job at a school that's not the one my kids go to. This job could turn into something long-term, and I do not want to committ to something that won't be good for my family in the long run. On the other hand, it could be something I would really like doing, but I know that I am not ready to work full time (even temporarily) especially at a school my kids do not attend. Right now I'm praying I get some more answers as to what the job entails, and if it is more than I can handle, that I will recognize this before I lose my mind, lol.

Everyone enjoy what's left of the weekend. And hello to all the others I didn't mention.
Trusting the Lord will guide your steps in any decisions and give you total peace.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #2252
Die Cut Diva

Hello friends!

Our server went down Friday evening and service was just restored this afternoon ... I really missed checking in with all of you; but I did get lots more stamping done since I couldn't get on SCS and spend time in the gallery, etc. I have so many family birthdays and anniversaries this time of the year, so I was able to get caught up on the March cards and got a start on April cards.

I did read all of your posts that I've missed and have upgraded my prayer list for all of you.

God bless,

Rita
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #2253
Forum Fanatic

Default God is so Amazing!

From worship music lyrics to the message yesterday---all was very clearly and specifically in response to our family predicament. God is soooo good!!

Pastor taught on Judges 13 "Parenting in Enemy Territoy" [the story of Samson's parents].

Basically we as parents can doing everything right and still have children that choose to go against God's ways. That may not be so great to contemplate but at least it restored our confidence that we have been doing the right things.

Well---DD heard the message too and was highly convicted. She wrote the guy a long message and they talked over the internet last night. He decided that since she wanted to listen to us that they should break it off. She is sad but in the long run this will be a healthy thing.

I in no way believe that this is 100% over since at any time this guy could come back and talk to us in a different way and we will have to sit up and pay attention. The part that relieves my heart is that DD is listening to God [and us as her authority]. Also she now knows why we have encouraged her not to give her heart away too soon. The pain is horrendous.

Last edited by EleeK; 03-16-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #2254
Forum Fanatic

BTW special <hugs> and sister-thank yous for all the encouragement, prayers, and loving PMs. You helped us hang together through this tough place.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #2255
Die Cut Diva

Rejoicing in God's goodness, Elee! How wonderful that yesterday's church service was the PERFECT fit for your needs!

Rita
Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #2256
Insane Embellisher

Elee, so happy you are feeling some peace at this time, will continue to keep all of you in my prayers Gloria
Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #2257
Stazon Splitcoast

Elee, I'm almost in tears right now. You're right, God is so good! You have obviously done your job with your children, but sometimes they need to be prayed back to where they need to be. So glad you're in a better place, but do continue to be diligent over this situation.

Well, now an update from me. I turned the job down. It's hard to think about the money I would have made, but I knew as soon as I got a job description that I was not the right person for this job. I would have been working with a 4th grader who is coming off suspension because he got so violent they had to call the police last week. I do not want to come home to my family that stressed out. Part of me is wanting to kick myself for giving it up, but I also feel at peace as well. I think the only concern I have is that now I won't get called for anything else. Though I'm quite certain that's not going to be the case.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #2258
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Elee, praising the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #2259
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Dear friends a quick post from Annapolis, Maryland where my wonderful husband took me for a three-day getaway to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (3/17). Reynold scheduled a massage, mani/pedi for me. He is such a sweetie.

Sending my best to each of you.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #2260
Insane Embellisher

Caternia, Happy anniversary! What a sweet guy you are married to.

Julie, It would have been hard to come home after what sounds like it would have been a stressful day with the 4th grader. Just the right job will come along.

Melting like crazy here today, so found out my winter boots LEAK..... not the best time of year to look for a new pair I found out, after trying every store we could think of called Herbergers and they had two pair my size. After telling the gentleman that it was for a 64 year old he told me he would put my name on the one pair until I could come in to see them. Well they would have been just the ones I would have picked if there had been a whole store of them!

Hope everyone is having a sunny day, Gloria
Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #2261
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Elee, I'm almost in tears right now. You're right, God is so good! You have obviously done your job with your children, but sometimes they need to be prayed back to where they need to be. So glad you're in a better place, but do continue to be diligent over this situation.

Well, now an update from me. I turned the job down. It's hard to think about the money I would have made, but I knew as soon as I got a job description that I was not the right person for this job. I would have been working with a 4th grader who is coming off suspension because he got so violent they had to call the police last week. I do not want to come home to my family that stressed out. Part of me is wanting to kick myself for giving it up, but I also feel at peace as well. I think the only concern I have is that now I won't get called for anything else. Though I'm quite certain that's not going to be the case.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Dearest Julie,
{{HUG}} I know what you are going through. Believe me, if there was any hesitation at all the job was not for you. Money is not everything.
You and your family is the most important, you not injured or stressed is more important to your family than anything else. I am sure the right job will comealong and they will continue to call on you. I gave up a really nicely paying job that I had for 15 years, I just was worn out, now I am the baker at a really nice elementary school and I just love it.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #2262
Matboard Maniac

Happy anniversary Caterina, I just loved the devo's PTL he speaks to me everyday.
We had a wonderfull service yesterday, perspective is right back in place.
Mom is doing really well, back to gaming on the wii fit. Acid reflux stuff doing a good job so far.
Dh is still fighting with a dry socket but he is stubborn. We get up in the middle of the night to keep up with anti biotics and pain meds. But he is looking forward to spring break and going camping.
I am making cards for a friend to send to family for birthdays and such, and keeping up with the gym and knitting. Have 2 shawls almost done and a third right behind.
Elee, have been praying really hard for you and your dd.On one of the christian networks I get I saw a sermon on divorce. The minister said the no.1 reason for divorce is we do not ask God, who we should marry. He knows who our mate is and we need to listen to him on this subject. So glad dd heard the sermon and listedned to God.
Hello everyone, have a blessed evening!
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #2263

Happy Anniversary Caterina ... enjoy the celebration!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #2264
Forum Fanatic

Happy Anniversary, Caterina! That man sounds like a keeper.

Julie, I completely understand your concern about not being called again. Our district here seems to be pretty good about calling when the reason for turning a job down is so obviously specific [not just a general "no I don't really want the job"]. You are so right that money isn't everything. God will send the perfect jobs that create income without so much danger.

I have this mental image of Gloria out stomping through puddles at 64. Must be getting pretty slushy out your way-which means spring really is right around the corner.
So your mom is using a wii fit? What do you think of it? Do you ever try it out? I have thought about getting one for exercise myself. I have heard that dry socket is very painful. How long will that last?

I got to do something real different and 'fun' today. Our income tax check arrived so DH had me pay off what was left of our car loan. Yippeee! One less monthly obligation.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #2265
Insane Embellisher

Elee, yes, spring is right around the corner, the robins are back!!!! Don't know if they'll find worms yet but know they are here and God will find them food. Oh, Elee, you are right I really do love to walk in puddles!!! I was telling my husband today when we walked about grade school and walking on the snow banks and getting stuck since they had melted under and my friends having to pull me out.... Oh and should I tell you about my friend and I buying what we called "soap" candy (not sure why it was called that), now remember we were REALLY young and taking it for its word and sitting in the HUGE mud puddle by the store and washing in it with our "soap" candy. Mmmmm wonder why we didn't get clean and our moms were none too happy with us????? Now that should paint a picture for the world to see. Anyone else have any really crazy things they did when they were young??

I really haven't anymore to add today, but I thank God I found all you at this site, you make me laugh, you make me cry at times and you renew me daily with your love of God. Gloria
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #2266
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Hi all!

Just jumping in with an update on what is going on with us. Both DH and I have been fighting infections, his usual bronchial stuff and mine were double ear infections. Hopefully they are done, but I'm not sure my ear infections are totally gone, since I still have some twinges in my ears and am getting tired easily again. I had two courses of antibiotics and hoping I'm done!

I took my kids to see the Winter Jam '09 tour at Eastern Michigan University Saturday night, which was really AWESOME! There were thousands of people there to see it and there was not only great music, but some wonderful preaching of the Word. My kids had the best time! DS was a bit bored at times, but by the time tobyMac played, he was just as into as the other two were!

How we got there is an interesting story. I get emails from iTickets, which is like TicketMaster except for Christian events. I saw this Winter Jam '09 on their website while I was getting some free downloads and checked it out. The cost was $10 per person and then there would be the gas and the food we would eat while we were there. I thought I'd love to take my kids, but it wasn't in the budget, but it still kept coming to mind all day. So I told God, "Lord, if you want me to take my kids to this, you will have to come up with around $100 for me to do it!"

Later that day, I got a call from a family who is related to one of our parishioners at church. I have done two funerals for their family and they decided to call me to do yet another one for the same Saturday. It's an honor to know that they would rather have me come than a priest. But the amazing thing is this: they always pay me $100 when I conduct a funeral for them.

Obviously, I knew what the money was supposed to be used for. And when my oldest DD told me that she felt closer to the "Big Guy Upstairs" than ever after going to the concert, I knew that it was totally God arranging for us to go.

I got so wore out, though, what with waiting in a HUGE line to get in, then having to sit way up high because it was packed and that was the best we could do and having to go up and down those stairs with the food I bought and taking DS to the rest room, then jumping up and down like a maniac and dancing and clapping with my kids (it was so fun!) and the loud music, that after I got home from church the next day, I was so tired I spent a good part of the day sleeping.

Now for my sad news: one of my cousins was killed in a car accident on Saturday night. She was only 44 years old and they don't know why, but her car crossed the center line and struck another car head on. She was the oldest child in my aunt and uncle's family, but her only other sibling, their son, died of a drug overdose several years ago, so they have now lost both of their children. I can't imagine how much they must be hurting right now. They do have one grandchild and (I think) great-grandchildren, but it still can't be easy to have both your children predecease you. Please pray for them, their names are Philip and Lucretia and her name was Liz.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #2267
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, will be praying for your family concerning your cousin. That's so sad..I'm 44. Bless her parents heart..how sad to loose both kids.

Good news, though....wow on JAM. I bet your kids had ag reat time. Toby Mac is really fun, isn't he? And, that's a great testimony about the $100....love it when God pulls one of those! HE is amazing...

Speaking of amazing...Elee...so glad to hear that God is moving in dd's heart.....still praying for HIS will to be done.

Julie, I'm glad you turned down tha tjob. If you are anything like me, which I think you are, I would be totally stressed coming home after a day with a kid like that. Poor kid, though. That's tough.

Caterina...Happy Anniversary....so glad you are on a little vac. That's super fun. And thanks for the double devos.....

Gail, what a fun weekend you will have! Good for you!

Gloria, no more b-day parties on the docket as of yet. Just had the two..but I finishe dup the 22 bridal centerpieces tonight...YIPPY! I'm also going to Ft. Wayne in a few weeks to participate in an openhouse at a coffee shop. One of my mom's friends sells Lia Sophia jewerly..and they have a Mary Kay friend..they are all having booths so I'll take some of mu stuff up to try to sell. I'm very low in inventory......so hope I can stock up over the next 3 weeks.

Inlaws are still here. They are the best...but it's been busy. They will be here till the end of the week, then head to my BIL's abot 40 min. away for a week. Sure have enjoyed having them here.

Well, I need to get to bed....tired!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #2268

I think I've got the card designed for the shoebox swap ... I just need to let it sit overnight and see how I feel about it in the morning (or tomorrow night, after work ... which is kinda the last time I have to work on it).

Didn't get the basement cleaned up yet.

I need a few more days in this week ... wonder where my son gets his procrastination from? ...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #2269
Hardware Hotshot

Elee- I'm sending extra special hugs for you!! So glad to hear of your daughter's change of heart. Praying she'll keep turning to the Lord. And thanks for the special b-day card.

I've been trying to be consistent in reading the Bible. And I've been reading in Deuteronomy. It's been really a great book to read. It seems like it's the heart and soul of Leviticus and Numbers. It's just amazing how much God wants to bless us if we just love and obey him.

1 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come upon you and you take them to heart wherever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes [a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers. 6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today. 9 Then the LORD your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands and in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your land. The LORD will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your fathers, 10 if you obey the LORD your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #2270
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I in no way believe that this is 100% over since at any time this guy could come back...
And he did! Sunday he broke it off since she wanted to obey God and listen to us. Monday night and Tuesday morning she had 5 facebook messages in her inbox from the guy. Amazing really to see to what ends a grown man will go to get his way. He insinuated/stated that the devil was using us, the pastor, and the Scripture to keep them apart.

DD has told him to steer clear of us for now and give us some space/time. I would really like to hear her tell him to steer clear of her as well but for now this will do. At least she does not want to go against our wishes! Somewhere in her heart I believe there lurks a lover of underdogs [and a reticence to hurting him]. That said, as long as he stays away, I do not plan on making him into someone needing defense!

I had a very wise godly woman tell me that it is not a surprise that DD is being tested. She said, "As a single woman, if you haven't been tested to see if you will choose Jesus as your heart's first and last One and Only, you aren't prepared to be the kind of wife a truly godly man needs. When you pass that test, you're content if the Lord brings a mate, and content if He doesn't." Those words brought peace to me somehow.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #2271
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A very early good morning dear friends... for whatever reasons, been getting up between 3-4am... not even the birds are up yet.

Thought this devotional was worth sharing.

Hey, You Can't Eat Ketchup In That

“You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:20

My granddaughter, Mary Catherine, affectionately known to me as Cate the Great, is all-girl. Just put her in a princess outfit with glittering slippers, wand, and a crown, and she is in sheer ecstasy! Which explains the recent blowout at Target.

She and her mom were passing the dress section when a beautiful short-sleeved white dress with a big yellow daisy smack dab in the middle of the dress caught Cate’s eye. Immediately taken with the dress, she begged her mom to buy it for her. Having recently bought Cate a new dress, my daughter Libby explained that since she had just gotten some new clothes, they wouldn’t be able to buy the dress. Libby tried to console her. Maybe they would wait to see if the dress would be on sale in the near future. Cate refused to be comforted, and for the next few aisles sobbed with a broken heart that the beautiful dress she wanted couldn’t be hers.

Her big brother Gabe, who is all of 11 years old, finally whispered in his mom’s ear, “Could I buy the dress for Cate with the money I’ve saved?” Libby said, “Sure if that’s what you’d like to do.”

And Cate got her dress.

It was the middle of winter in Grand Rapids, but that didn’t stop Cate. She wore her sleeveless dress indoors everyday. She loved how pretty she thought she looked in daisy-clad white! One day as she began dipping her lunchtime toasted cheese sandwich in a deep pile of ketchup, Gabe turned to her and said, “Hey, Cate, you can’t eat ketchup in that dress! I paid a lot of money for it!”Ketchcup

I have to tell you that this may be my best grandchild story to date! I love the thought of Gabe’s love for his little sister and how precious it is that he was willing to voluntarily sacrifice to bless her with the dress. But having paid a big price, he remains interested in taking good care of the dress.

After I got done laughing about the episode, it struck me that what Gabe did for Cate and what Jesus has done for us have a lot in common. Except that Jesus’ gift is far more significant. He paid a great and sacrificial price to bless us with far more than we deserve. Hopelessly lost and guilty before a holy God, we are condemned and can’t do a thing to help ourselves. So Jesus died to take our rap and cleanse us from all our sin. And Scripture tells us that we are then clothed in His righteousness, which in turn gives us access to our God in fellowship and prayer (Philippians 3:7-9). As the old hymn says, “Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne!”

Having invested deeply in our new look, I can just hear Jesus saying, “I paid a lot for you, don’t say that
. . . don’t go there . . . don’t think that . . . don’t do that!”

Paul told the Corinthians, who were tempted to wallow in the muck of their pagan culture, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit? . . . you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

So, let’s not forget what we are wearing. It’s a thing of beauty, and Jesus paid a big price for it!

OUR JOURNEY…

* Any ketchup on the outfit of your life? Claim the stain remover of God’s mercy and grace (Psalm 51; 1 John 1:9)!
* What areas of your life tend to discredit the high price He paid to make you righteous? Be specific: Is it an attitude, an action, a thought pattern?
* What can you do today to make sure that you honor God in these areas? Make a plan and ask a trusted friend to check up on you.
* Memorize James 1:27: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: . . . to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #2272
Forum Fanatic

Happy first day of Spring, ladies!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #2273
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Happy first day of Spring, ladies!

Thanks!! DS asked me if March was spring, why he had to still wear a coat? (It's 37 today).
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #2274
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Thanks!! DS asked me if March was spring, why he had to still wear a coat? (It's 37 today).
Ditto it is barely 40 here.

Just received my Team Larson T shirt with cute cuddly Coleman's face on the back -- his mom is such a sweetie attaching a lovely note and some Coleman random act of kindness slips to hand out. Hard to believe Coleman has been in heaven for over two months already.

Have the shirt hanging in the craft room to remind me of just one of the reasons I am doing what I do in ministering to the precious children still fighting the beast.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #2275
Insane Embellisher

Happy Spring to all you to! But I will say it doesn't look or feel much like it here today. Was only 30 this morning and as I headed to town was misty, by the time I came out of Walmart it was snowing... snow ball size flakes! Right now most any weather sounds good that is not WHITE in color LOL.

Elee, glad things sound like they are working for you, what a wonderful thing to have a church service that fit so well into your life at this time.

Caterina, Thank you for the devotional, what a wonderful way to think of Jesus being part of our life. and it fit so well into my shopping trip today, our grand daughter loves being a "princess" and wearing those sort of dresses to ,so as I am walking around in Walmart what do I see but a "princess"crown! Well needless to say she will now own one this weekend when they comes, of course since she has a brother about her age we'll also have a "cowboy" in the family, with a red hat.

Hi to everyone, and wishing you all a "green" spring. Gloria
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #2276
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is doing well. If this has typos in it, I just got back from a long walk and it was C-O-L-D. My hands are still numb.

I've been rather busy the last few days, not working, but my kids had early release because of teacher conferences so they've been around more and messing up the house because the weather hasn't cooperated for outside play. I did have to work until one today.

I spent most of yesterday scrapbooking, was so nice to sit down and work on that.

Elee, I'm glad that so far your DD is still following God's will. I know I gave my parents some scares with some of the boys I dated in high school but I always knew in my heart (even then) that I would never, ever have gotten serious about someone my parents didn't approve of.

Caterina, thanks for the devo, a blessing as always.

Hello to all the others who've checked in - Wendy, Jan, Beth, Gloria, Margy, Gail, Rita, and anyone else I may have missed
Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #2277
Matboard Maniac

Hello all!! Happy first day of Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for me the last day of work,for nine whole days. Hello Hells Canyon!!!!!!! We are going with a group camping, so am getting the motor home ready and dh is getting the 4wheelers ready, and I am so excited to be going somewhere with friends and relatives.
I am so blessed with knowing all of you. Gloria said it best. Someone to laugh with and someone to cry with and always knowing God's word is present.
My mom is doing so good! She loves her Wii Fit. She does the step arobics and balance one day and Yoga and arobics the next day, in the morning, in the afternoon she does the bowling or tennis. Now that the weather is nicer she is walking her dog also. She is one buisy mom. Has a doc appt. Monday to have a scope down the esophagus, to look for reflux damage and whatever, but really she is doing good. Also she is making dog sweaters, so funny I have to sew the buttons on for her.
Have made some really cute cards, am going to have my grandson help this comeing week before camping to upload. Also need to get a few other things done while I have him here, like dusting the high plant shelves, he is so good at that.
It is time to start plannign my garden, tomatoes, peas and beans. Yum Yum
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #2278
Forum Fanatic

That is nice to hear about wii fit Margy. I am seriously thinking that the whole club thing is a bit much for me. I will try it first to make the men happy but may end up investing in one inevitably. By then maybe they will be priced lower.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #2279
Kookie Creator

I enjoyed the devotional caterinafmig. TFS!!

http://www.queentomas.blogspot.com/
Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #2280
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been missing for awhile. You know how it goes...life gets busy. Things are good though....DH still working and lovin' his job, kids are happy and healthy and learning lots a school. And as for me, I am stamping today...so I am good as well.

I came across this devotional this morning, and I thought many of you would enjoy reading it. I think with all the things we go through with our families...and just those we love in general, we need to remember to refuel. Wise words indeed. Have a lovely day!

----------------------
by Rick Warren

"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance"
(1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love can be absolutely exhausting. Don't let anyone fool you. The kind of love that really makes a difference in this world will zap everything out of you.

Sometimes you just don't feel like you have any more love to give. Maybe you're in a people-intensive job—such as teacher, salesman, or waitress—and you come home and think, "I just can't face another need, another problem, or another heartache." So you just shut down.

Or you need to show love to a particular person who is demanding, selfish, and never returns your love. And you just think to yourself, "I'm done. No more."

While that's perfectly natural and perfectly human, it's not the high standard of love that God calls us to in the Bible. The Bible says, in 1 Corinthians 13:7, "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance" (NLT). Love never gives up.

How can you have that kind of persistent love for another person? You get refueled.

When my kids were young, I remember taking the family to a nearby air show. It was so impressive to see how they would hook up a tanker to a jet in flight to refuel. I'll never forget that. Can you imagine a jet saying, "I don't need to refuel"? That would be silly! The jet would crash and burn. In a long distance flight, a jet has to refuel.

So do you. To show the kind of persistent love that God wants you to show, you have to refuel your love tank. Look around at society, and you'll see it's littered with debris from relationships that have crashed and burned because they didn't refuel their love.

How do you refuel your love tank? You start by letting God love you. "We love because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19 NIV). When you're worn out, tired, and can't imagine showing love to anyone else, remember that God loved you so much he sent his Son to die for you.

Now that's real fuel. That's what keeps you going when you want to quit.