Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #2201
Insane Embellisher

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Been busy with baking this morning since I had signed up to bring treats to, two different church groups tomorrow. Will be dropping them off at church after Pete has his tests on the way home. He'll be having an UGI, Endo, and a scope of the colon all tomorrow morning. He went looking at tractors this morning to get his mind of the smell of baking I am guessing. Some how when the Dr. called to do the tests he looked at the wrong month other wise I sure wouldn't have signed up to do baking when he is on clear liq.

I was just reading in the paper today how the number of people that say they are christian is going down, so will check out your article sounds like it would go with the one I read.

Margy, how is your family doing? I think of you so often, each time I walk by that sock that is not done yet!

Caterina will be nice to have you back home, glad you had a good time with the husband and got to visit with your aunt.

Elee, how are you doing today?

Toni, how is the new job going? Miss you here, but know there are only so many hours in the day to get it all done.

Julie, how is it going for you?

April, haven't seen you on line, how are you?

Beth, Doris, Rita, and everyone else, what have you all been doing?

Well better go check those brownies, and asking you if you would to please pray all goes well with the tests, I know he worries about cancer since most all his family have passed away with it.

Take care, Gloria

P.S. say a prayer we don't get the 12 inches of snow we are suppose to until we get home from the test.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #2202
Hardware Hotshot

Hi all-

Just checking in! We are doing fine. DS is getting over a mild case of strep, that was manifested thru a rash on his face. Had a great trip to Hawaii- planning our next trip back next year (if plane fares are reasonable again). Did I tell you that I paid less to go to Hawaii then I paid to go to Texas for Christmas??? What is wrong with that picture?

Anyway, I hope you all have a God filled day!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #2203
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Hi everyone ...

I'm not posting a lot here lately ... but I do read and pray daily.
I just read an article in Christianity Today that I wanted to share, because I believe it was an answer to some of my prayers about how to talk to those who do not share my faith. It's given me a lot to think about in terms of how I speak to people, and how I act.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/out...ricanmind.html
I found this article very interesting and straightforward.

The part where he talks about people being curious about Biblical teachings even if they do not like absolute values has been something I have also noticed a lot in conversations. His approach of prefacing his answers with questions is good. But the best part is where he states:

"The point of our seeker-sensitive service is not to tell people what I think but to help connect them with biblical truth. In a culture committed to relativism, hostile toward notions of unchanging, ultimate truth, the gospel can be an offense, no matter how positive my presentation. Sometimes that can't be avoided."

Most of my conversations with non-believers do not revolve around them being interested in Biblical absolutes or curiousity. In fact, it the concept comes up as to why I think the way I do, Biblical absolutes are slammed as being unintelligent and illogical. It is impossible for the unregenerate mind to grasp Godly truths. It is not my job to convince anyone; that is God's task.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #2204
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post

Elee, how are you doing today?
Take care, Gloria

P.S. say a prayer we don't get the 12 inches of snow we are suppose to until we get home from the test.

We too have had little snow and hail flurries off and on here since we returned home from Kauai. Thankfully it is nothing serious and even though the temps are low, nothing seems to be sticking. It is that late winter burst of odd weather. Spring will be here soon.

As far as me, I am kind of in a fog still. Rest came hard to me last night and my poor DH and are are frazzled. We do so covet your prayers, ladies. DH meets with the guy around 4 PM. I am not concerned with the guy since he is a grown man-only with DD's reactions.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #2205
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
I found this article very interesting and straightforward.

The part where he talks about people being curious about Biblical teachings even if they do not like absolute values has been something I have also noticed a lot in conversations. His approach of prefacing his answers with questions is good. But the best part is where he states:

"The point of our seeker-sensitive service is not to tell people what I think but to help connect them with biblical truth. In a culture committed to relativism, hostile toward notions of unchanging, ultimate truth, the gospel can be an offense, no matter how positive my presentation. Sometimes that can't be avoided."

Most of my conversations with non-believers do not revolve around them being interested in Biblical absolutes or curiousity. In fact, it the concept comes up as to why I think the way I do, Biblical absolutes are slammed as being unintelligent and illogical. It is impossible for the unregenerate mind to grasp Godly truths. It is not my job to convince anyone; that is God's task.
The Gospel and Gospel truths can be offensive. I do believe that my job is to make sure that I am not the one being offensive ... and that I do not make myself a stumbling block to somebody's coming to know Christ.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #2206

For clarity, I"m going to add to what I just posted.

I am perfectly happy to point out what the Bible says, even if others find it offensive.
I do believe that my job, as the author of the article stated, is to have as positive a presentation as possible.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:46 AM   #2207
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Hi everyone ...

I'm not posting a lot here lately ... but I do read and pray daily.
I just read an article in Christianity Today that I wanted to share, because I believe it was an answer to some of my prayers about how to talk to those who do not share my faith. It's given me a lot to think about in terms of how I speak to people, and how I act.
www.christianitytoday.com/outreach/articles/openingclosedamericanmind.html

Unfortunately, I believe that sometimes as Christians, we forget to understand 'where somebody is coming from', and instead just try to hammer home a message. The author of the article seems to suggest a way to provide the message, show that it's Biblical/from God, and yet still understand where people are at a given point in their life.

Gail ... Thanks for sharing the article in Christianity Today. This quote was especially interesting to me:

I learned a valuable lesson: I don't need to trade away forthright, biblical messages for something faddish or trendy. People have a basic spiritual hunger that only faithful biblical preaching can satisfy.

God has placed that hunger for Himself in all our hearts. I've been more confident in sharing my faith since I came to understand that important truth. Of course I try to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit before I speak to anyone . ... timing is so important. I'm a firm believer that, whenever possible, it's best to pray ahead of time asking the Lord to prepare their heart and mine and asking Him to show me what I should say to them.

Another important thing is that I can talk all day without results .... but if I can interject a verse of scripture ... that's where the power is. The Lord will use His Word to soften the heart or open up the understanding of an unbeliever.

Nothing is more thrilling to me than to have the opportunity to share the good news about my wonderful Savior.

Rita

Last edited by Stamping Servant; 03-10-2009 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #2208
Insane Embellisher

Got home from the hospital, just in time I am thinking. Our sidewalk was ice one could hardly walk on it so walked on the grass to get to the garage, highway was good they had already salted it. We are still having a heavy mist, just talked to our daughter and they closed everything about 3 hours west of us, she said you can't even see the house next door and they live in town and the houses are really close together. So guess it will be here later today. Take care all and hope you are having a good day. Gloria
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #2209
Forum Fanatic

Gloria, how did it go at the hospital? Do they tell you the test results while you are there? Sure glad you made it home before the storm. We are not having storms but the clear blue skies with sun @ 21 degrees is a bit unusual. Winter is certainly hanging on until the very end this year.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #2210
Insane Embellisher

stomach had a red spot on it so Dr. did a biopsy checking to see if it was an infection and one polyp other wise looked good, wants him to take two pills for the stomach for about 8 weeks and see if it doesn't clear up. Thank you for asking Elee. Gloria
Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #2211

Winter has decided to go for one last blast here ...
This morning it was -36 (or so) with the windchill. It felt so warm when I came home from work and it had warmed up to -26C with the windchill. Positively balmy!

I am choosing to count my blessings today.
Drove to work. The car had issues (one wheel wasn't turning). Made it to the repair shop safely. Walked two blocks to work, but had my boots (don't always wear them), my mittens (dd hadn't 'borrowed' them), and a scarf that went from decorative to warming!
Got to work an hour late. My boss' biggest concern? Why hadn't I called so he could give me a ride instead of driving?
Got the call from the repair place. It's only an emergency brake cable. Less than $500 for repairs. They'll order it, it will be done Thursday evening.
All sorts of other 'little' details worked out ...

And dh didn't have to work tonight, so he's home!

God is good.
But then, y'all knew that, right?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #2212
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Gail, sometimes there are days where we just need to focus on the positive. Hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you.

Gloria, will pray that your husband's problem gets resolved.

I'm feeling a little sad tonight. I worked at school today and my favorite autistic girl is moving away the 1st of April. Unless her aide suddenly gets sick or something, I won't get to work with her again.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are all well.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13

Last edited by jkstieber; 03-10-2009 at 05:46 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #2213
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good evening dear friends, Reynold and I made it safely home late last night (actually 1 am); got into bed by 2. Both of us are feeling a bit tired today but did get to unpack, laundry, etc. and Reynold went to do his vending.

We enjoyed our time away and definitely enjoyed the sunny warm weather.

Sending my best to each of you.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #2214

Caterina ... glad to hear you made it home safely.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #2215
Insane Embellisher

welcome home Caterina! Glad you had a fun time with husband.

Julie, We do fall in love with those we take care of sometimes don't we. Is she moving far away?

Gail, sounds like your weather and ours are doing about the same thing today, can we say March is coming in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb?? Sorry to hear of car problems, never a good time for that. Hope they get it up and running for you by Thur.

Hi to everyone, and wishing each a good night. Gloria
Old 03-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #2216
Matboard Maniac

Hello everyone!!!!
Thank you so much for the prayers, by Sunday I was really feeling the peace and joy tht only our Lord can bring.
Husband is doing much better tonight
Mom is doing great, I am really mad at her gerneral doc. though. At the ER the doc said to see your doc on monday or by Wed at the latest. They are faxing all reports and such, he will want to see you. Mom called Monday morning and the doc is only seeing his wife's patients this month and He will see mom in april!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any way Mom had an appt. with the arthritis guy, she told him what happened and he went online and got the reports, had the gp in his office look them over, and said she had acid reflux and it made her esophagus spasm, and gave her some prevacid to take. Well I still think her doc is a jerk.
Have to share the story of our uncle. He had a stroke a couple of years ago, did therapy but never seemed to regain any strength or use of limbs. One of the docs did a catscan and discovered a tumor in the brain and the base of the skull, he went into trreatmnt but that did no good, so we knew it was just a matter of time. His two boys and their families went home to be with mom and dad, staying at the hospital, takeing turns going to eat, so Uncle would't be alone. On sat. the day nurse told them to go all together and have a good meal, she wantd to bathe uncle and change the bedding, and she would stay till they got back. When aunt and family returned the nurse left, uncle was in clean pj's and bedding. One son said we should pray so they gathered areound the bed, holding hands, aunt holding uncles hand on one side, oldest holding dads hand on the other, with wives and children in between. They said the lords prayer, and as they came to the end, uncle took his last breath and let it out on the Amen. How beautifull! to be prayed home, I just had to share, this is just to special to keep. That is just how I want to go home. On a prayer.
I sure hope everyone has a good day tomorrow, and I pray our Lord gives us all Peace to live for him.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #2217
Die Cut Diva

Margy ... So glad to hear that you have the Lord's peace and so glad your Mom's arthritis doctor stepped in and gathered the reports to find out what was going on with her. Bless him!

Thank you for sharing the precious story about your uncle. What a sweet memory for all of your family. Could any of us ask for a more peaceful home-going?!

Rejoicing with you ... Rita
Old 03-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #2218
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Margy, Rita said it all --- what a beautiful way to go home to the Lord.

Thankful that the Lord has given you so much of His awesome peace.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #2219
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Having a bit of a time trying to get back in the swing of things -- traveling takes a little out of us 'ol folks' - think I will have a nice hot soak in the tub.

Have a blessed day.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #2220
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
welcome home Caterina! Glad you had a fun time with husband.

Julie, We do fall in love with those we take care of sometimes don't we. Is she moving far away?

Gail, sounds like your weather and ours are doing about the same thing today, can we say March is coming in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb?? Sorry to hear of car problems, never a good time for that. Hope they get it up and running for you by Thur.

Hi to everyone, and wishing each a good night. Gloria
Yes Gloria, I live in Washington state and she's moving to Texas
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #2221
Stazon Splitcoast

Margy, that was a very moving post. I'm glad that you're feeling God's peace right now. I'm in a time of the month where I have trouble finding it. But I know everything will be okay in a couple days.

Caterina, it's good to have you back.

I worked with the disabled kids again today. I had to work with an 11 year old girl and I honestly think she was a bit hormonal today as well. I know I was that age when I started my cycles. I tell you, one minute she's happy and the next crying over every little thing. My afternoon was easy because with this job I take care of two first graders, a girl and a boy, and the girl was sick today and the boy is extremely easy.

I am so, so happy that it's daylight saving time, my friend and I went for an evening walk and it feels so good to get out of the house after working all day.

Have a good evening, what's left of it.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #2222
Matboard Maniac

Good evening all,
It is good all the travelers are back home safe and sound. I sure hope everyone had a really great time.
Elee hang in there, I know it can be hard, I will keep praying.
Gl;oria hope all comes out well for you guys.
Rita thanks for the kind words, I just love our Lord so much, I count my blessings every day, and some how the list just keeps getting bigger.
God Bless you all

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #2223
Die Cut Diva

I'm just near the end of such a wonderful book on the subject of forgiveness. The title is "Choosing Forgiveness, Your Journey to Freedom" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I frequently listen to her daily broadcasts on Christian radio, called Revive Our Hearts, and she has an excellent ministry to women. Do any of you listen to her?

Rita
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #2224
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
I'm just near the end of such a wonderful book on the subject of forgiveness. The title is "Choosing Forgiveness, Your Journey to Freedom" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I frequently listen to her daily broadcasts on Christian radio, called Revive Our Hearts, and she has an excellent ministry to women. Do any of you listen to her?

Rita
Rita, have not heard of that book but am enjoying Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets - thanks so much for mentioning it to me. Reynold has ordered the book on tape (he does not like to read and finds books on tape better). He also ordered another book for our pastor.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #2225
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this with you today.

VERSE:
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless
me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me
from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his
request.
-- 1 Chronicles 4:10

THOUGHT:
When our hearts are tuned to God's will and long to honor him,
it is our Father's delight to bless us in mighty ways. So let's
first set our hearts to do his will. Then, let's not be afraid to
ask God to pour out his blessings on others. Then, let's also share
with him the desires of our heart. Finally, let's not be surprised
at the ways he blesses us!

PRAYER:
O God, please show yourself to be glorious in the ways that you
bless me and those that I love. Help all people to know that these
blessing do not come by our wisdom, skill, or strength but from
your grace. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

The Lord certainly has enlarged my territory with Cole. The foundation now has over 1,000 members with over 700 registered families in need of support and prayer. There are two precious children that are 'earning their wings' - (7 children die every day) my heart breaks for them and their families. Please pray for them, the foundation and me. The foundation is looking for volunteers to become state reps and am considering to do that.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #2226
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ... Your work with the Cole Foundation is remarkable. Surely, the Lord has filled you with great compassion for these hurting children and their families.

It's good to hear that you are enjoying Dutch Sheets' book on prayer.

Rita
``````
Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #2227
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina ... Your work with the Cole Foundation is remarkable. Surely, the Lord has filled you with great compassion for these hurting children and their families.

It's good to hear that you are enjoying Dutch Sheets' book on prayer.

Rita
``````
Rita, it is such a privilege to minister to these precious incredibly brave heroes. Reading their CB/CP sites teaches me so much about faith and courage. How very much I wish the Lord would raise someone up with a cure for each of them.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #2228
Stazon Splitcoast

Just poppin in quickly to say hello. I know I"m MIA...my inlaws are in town for af ew weeks and my puter time is cut! But its' great to be with family. Just wanted you all to know I miss ya and am praying for you. I'll try to catch up soon!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #2229
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Julie, you are such a joy! It is such an encouragement to hear that I am not the only one.

My DD has decided to try getting to know an older man [she is 24 he is 42] and I am heartborken over it! I actually cried myself to sleep today over this situation.

Ladies, please pray that this guy shows himself for who he really is and that God moves her heart to wait for His pefect selection!
Just going back and getting caught up! Praying!!!! I feel your pain, sweetie! ((HUGS)). How is it going? Maybe you ahve posted an update...Ineed to get caught up.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #2230
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Margy ... So glad to hear that you have the Lord's peace and so glad your Mom's arthritis doctor stepped in and gathered the reports to find out what was going on with her. Bless him!

Thank you for sharing the precious story about your uncle. What a sweet memory for all of your family. Could any of us ask for a more peaceful home-going?!

Rejoicing with you ... Rita
I agree, Rita!!!

What a precious thing to go HOME on a prayer! Sweet Sweet!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #2231
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Just poppin in quickly to say hello. I know I"m MIA...my inlaws are in town for af ew weeks and my puter time is cut! But its' great to be with family. Just wanted you all to know I miss ya and am praying for you. I'll try to catch up soon!
Beth, enjoy your family time
Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #2232
Forum Fanatic

Good morning all!
I have been called in to sub for the last two days and just now got a call to go in today.
DD has agreed to back off on the old guy relationship thing, and DH has been out of town. She has kind of been doing the silent treatment thing. I wanted to give her some room so have not made an issue out of it. We will make time to sit and talk with her tonight.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #2233
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Good morning all!
I have been called in to sub for the last two days and just now got a call to go in today.
DD has agreed to back off on the old guy relationship thing, and DH has been out of town. She has kind of been doing the silent treatment thing. I wanted to give her some room so have not made an issue out of it. We will make time to sit and talk with her tonight.
Hang in there, Elee
Old 03-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #2234
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Reynold and I have our two youngest grandsons with us - they spent the night and as always, it is a blessing even though they wear us out.

Thought to share this today.

VERSE:
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is
living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give
life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
-- Romans 8:11

THOUGHT:
If we belong to Christ, we know the Spirit of God lives in us
(Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 6:19-20). Because of the Spirit's presence, we
know that we are eternal! The Spirit is God's down payment
guaranteeing that our future is with him (2 Cor. 1:21-22; 5:5).
What's more, even while we're living for Christ now, the Spirit
gives us life in our physical bodies as we use them for God's glory
(cf. Rom. 12:1).

PRAYER:
Father, animate my body with your Spirit so that what I do not
only brings you glory, but it also reflects your character and
grace. To you, O Father, be all the glory for your presence and
power that is at work within me, your child. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #2235
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning all!
Praying.......and good for you on the subbing!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #2236
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, enjoy the Grands and thanks for the devo. Hallelujah on that one! Thank the good Lord that it's eternal!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #2237
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Praying.......and good for you on the subbing!
Keep on praying ... I feel as if we have lost our DD.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #2238
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Keep on praying ... I feel as if we have lost our DD.
Elee, the Lord is faithful and will honor all that you have done to train your dd in the way she should go. It is a very tough road but God will walk it out with you and so will we.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #2239
Insane Embellisher

Elee, wish we all lived close enough to give you a "group" (((HUG))). Will continue to keep you in my prayers. Gloria
Old 03-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #2240
Forum Fanatic

Thank you, you guys. It is amazing how God can draw us together as sisters even over the internet. Your <hugs> are felt and appreciated.

I have not cried so much since my little brother committed suicide a couple years ago---and ever cried before that.

She is out looking at houses today. DH is going to give her a quick date to move if she cannot follow our lead and at least listen to advice. The until May 1st break they were going to take only lasted 2 days.