Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #161
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Welcome, Renee, and thanks for posting more details about the minister's daughter that was murdered. I still don't know how any parent survives the death of their child. It's unbearable to even consider yet God makes good out of every evil deed done against one of His believers. I know God will give the family and the strength to go through this.

I was reminded this a.m. while I was talking to a neighbor about how/why God allows such terriable things to happen. We were talking about it in light of a bad school bus accident that happend in northern Indiana where 4 kids were killed. I once heard someone liken these bad events to a parent and child taking a walk. Things go along fine for a bit, then the child stumbles upon a rock and falls to the ground with a big nasty scraped up knee. The parent didn't 'allow' that to happen...or didn't 'cause' it to happen and certainly didn't 'will' that to happen to their precious child. So, the parent picks up their child, takes care of their wound and is there to walk beside them holding their hand as they cry over the 'ouchie'. In the same way, we go in and out of this life, bad things happen..God does not 'cause' them, or 'will' the bad thing to happen. Yet HE is right there beside us picking us up, kissing our wounds and shedding a few tears with us as we struggle through this bad thing that has happened. There is peace to be found in the truth that God will never leave or forsake us no matter what we go through.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your step=dad. such a shock. I will be praying for you and your family...and you must be one brave girl to walk away from your family (so to speak) and walk with Christ. I'm sure it must be very trying but I know God will bless you for it.

Hello everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

I've had a busy day. New daycare baby started today..he's 3 mos. old but my goodness..I forget how much time it takes to feed/burp/change a gazillion diapers with an infant. And, it's not been THAT long since I had an infant here..he's a year now but funny how you forget those things.

I'm ready to hit the hay....had a nasty headache and I think it's weather related or something...started this afternoon about the time this little rainfall blew in. Well, the rain blew in and out and left me with a headache that I can not shake. So I think I"m headed to bed....will probably fall asleep watching FoxNews....see what's up in this world.

Have a good night ladies....
Beth, very well put - hope you feel better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #162
Crimping Master

Good Evening!!

I don't even know where to start...so many sad situations.
Gloria-So sad to hear the news about your husband's cancer returning...I'm praying for peace of no understanding. Also, want to lift your dd up with her lupus.

Margy-Sorry to hear your diagnosis of lupus-sounds like the mayo clinic website had some good info for you. I struggle with fibromyalgia and was tested for lupus at one time...because they have similiar symptoms. I'm keeping your sister and her ins. problems in my prayers and for your new dx of lupus.

Wendy-How is your 2nd week back to work going? Such a tough adjustment-but sounds like you had a sweet moment with your son last Wed.
night. Our world keeps us so busy!! Enjoy those little ones every moment.

Doris-Has it cooled off any? You were having quite the heat waves. Starting tomorrow we are having a cool down...to like the high of mid 60's.
Fall is here.

Elee-Sounds like your weekend with your son was very nice. Hope you are over the nasty sore throat.

Renee & Gail- The story of the Stauffer girl was devastating-so hard to understand it. My prayers go out to the family and community.

Sandy-Sorry to hear the loss of the step father. Will be praying for peace among your family during this time and that your light shine and be a witness to all of them.

Beth-So glad that M & M beetle didn't hurt during your attack. Oh my goodness...I just had to share this with my dd and some of my friends. Was laughing of loud as I read your story. Good laugh for the day. Congrats to you and your little business growth.

Caterina-Cute pics of your grandson. My youngest grandson turns 3 on Friday and he is wonderful(they all are though). How many grand children do you have? I liked the jammies,blankie and stuffed animal for his pics.

I feel like I wrote a book.

Need to write more often.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Karen. My glands are still a bit inflamed but not painful any more. Guessing a couple more days and things will be all good.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #164
Crimping Master

Forgot something I would like input from all of you here. I'm going to be making cards to sell on ebay. My name will be Joyful Inspirations and want a bible verse to put on my listing page each time. Do you have any suggestions? I have been going through some of my favorites verses...but want something that would pertain to joy. Thank you!
Need to get to bed...have ladies bible study tomorrow am.
Night ladies!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Elee, good to hear from you and that you are feeling a bit better. Wonder if we have the same thing -- it takes its time leaving.

Karen, God has blessed me with four + one grandchildren. My daughter has two children, a daughter who will be 18 next week and a son who will be 10 on Veterans Day. Reynold's son has two little boys 3 years and the youngest will be celebrating his first next month. I say four + one because one of my grandsons has a half-sister who is only 6 months old. I sign my cards to her grandmom-once-removed.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by karingscrapper View Post
Forgot something I would like input from all of you here. I'm going to be making cards to sell on ebay. My name will be Joyful Inspirations and want a bible verse to put on my listing page each time. Do you have any suggestions? I have been going through some of my favorites verses...but want something that would pertain to joy. Thank you!
Need to get to bed...have ladies bible study tomorrow am.
Night ladies!!
How about "count it all Joy"
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #167
Insane Embellisher

Sorry didn't get on sooner but it has been a long day. Talked to the clinic and the info they gave us was a 1.5 cm. light showed to his right trapezes ( not sure if I spelled that right) and one to his right neck, was not able to give us a measurement to that one. No, date set for removal but said it would be an all day thing, first going to radiology and having another MRI done while they place wires into the lights to mark the place the Dr. will be doing the surgery, then surgery and staying over night. Will let you all know when we hear the date and time. Thank you so much for all your prayers.

We opened our devotional up this morning and the first thing we read was this AND MY GOD WILL MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS GLORIOUS RICHES IN CHRIST JESUS. pHILIPPIANS 4:19

Then went on to say... Money was tight when I was growing up. We didn't get cake very often. But on our birthdays mom would make our favorite and smear the top with really thick frosting.
The thick frosting is a little picture of what God does for his own. Visiting members in the hospital either before surgery or after bad news, I would often quote Paul's words. As believers we have a God who promises to meet all our needs. Paul doesn't say that God will meet our needs just on our birthdays or now and then. He doesn't hint that perhaps God will hold back or scrimp, telling me I've had my share or to wait till it's birthday time next year. He wrote, "My God will meet all your needs."
For assurance he points to the glorious riches God has already given us in Christ Jesus. Through his Son, Jesus, God has paid for all my sins. When I come dragging my heels because I'm ashamed of how often I have fallen, he doesn't hesitate to assure me of rich forgiveness. When I trundle my weekly wheelbarrow of iniquity to him on Sunday morning, he always says to me, "I have been merciful to you and have given my only Son to be the atoning sacrifice for your sins." In Jesus, my Father spreads the thick frosting of his forgiveness on me. How can he do anything else but help me with all my other needs?

Gloria
Old 09-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #168
Insane Embellisher

Sandy O, So sorry to hear of your loss, God will be with you .

Beth, thank you for your beautiful explanation . How lucky to have a small baby to cuddle in your day care.

Was so nice to hear from Karen, Margy, Doris and all the rest. You are truly a blessing to me each and everyday. Gloria
Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A very happy morning to everyone.

Point of Contention

“If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.” Galatians 5:15

You don’t have to be a sociologist to know that one of the most damaging dynamics in personal relationships is unleashed by the hurtful things that we say to each other. We all have a dragon in our dentures that is flat out hard to get under control. Itemizing the major categories of destructive speech is not a hard task. Gossip, slander, and lying always make it to the top of our “most wanted” list of speech criminals. But there are some additional troublemakers lurking in the dark corners of our wicked little hearts.

One of these stealth tigers in your tongue is “contentious words.”

I recall watching a butcher prepare a chicken for selling at the market. His sharp cleaver chopped away with well-timed strokes until the bird lay in a pile of pieces. Contentious words are just like that. They are the meat cleaver of relationships. They have the power to tear friends and family apart until there’s not much left. I suppose that’s why someone “who stirs up dissension among brothers” (Proverbs 6:19) makes the infamous list of things the Lord hates.

Contentious hearts look for things to criticize and for opportunities to tear down a person, program, or idea. They destroy the essential commodities of happy and productive relationships. When we unleash a volley of contentious verbiage, things like trust, thinking the best of each other, and loving attitudes all get buried under our contentious words.

It’s no wonder that Paul warned the Christians in Galatia about the danger of this kind of talk. He wrote, “If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other” (Galatians 5:15).

The damage of contentious talk becomes especially significant when we remember that our relationships with each other are pictured in Scripture as the body of Christ. As Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 12, followers of Jesus are meant to be working as one, in cooperative harmony. Have you ever seen a body divided into several parts but still functioning well? Division destroys the reflection of God’s love among us and the power of His unity through us. Words that work against our unity as His body are the meat cleavers in Satan’s hand.

The joyful unity that is enhanced by eliminating contentious speech is vital to the good health of our homes as well. When we refuse to let contentious words pollute the atmosphere of our marriage, God preserves the power of our home to be a living picture of Christ’s relationship to us as His bride (Ephesians 5). He never divides Himself from His bride. His unconditional love, patience, tolerance of our weaknesses, and acceptance are all factors that draw us into a positive relationship with Him. His words to the church promote healing and growth. A home where love prevails over contention is a powerful testimony to His God’s unifying love for us.

Let’s face it: divisive words among God’s people gives the devil a tremendous advantage in stifling God’s purpose and power through our lives. Our usefulness, joy, peace, and loving unity are all at risk when our tongues get out of control.

I’m quite sure that Satan didn’t coin the phrase “divide and conquer.” But he sure knows how to get the job done when he has our words under his control.

OUR JOURNEY…

* Be honest: Are you prone to use words to sow discord, or are you among the blessed few who use their words to heal, help, and encourage?
* Memorize Paul’s timeless advice in Ephesians 4:29: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
* Plan today to target a significant relationship, which you may be tempted to poison with contentious words, and then be intentional about pouring loving words into that person’s heart.
* Make this your prayer: “Lord, speak to me about the way I speak to others.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #170
Pearl-ExPert

I'm ready to hit the hay....had a nasty headache QUOTE]

Beth: Sorry about the headache! They are NO good! I have had a migraine 2 days in a row...UGH...it hurt to have air go up my nose to breathe. I missed an awesome class i wanted to go to last night because of it. My mentor used to tell me to play a CD with Psalms being sung or read during a headache. Hope you are better today.

t

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #171
Polyshrink Goddess

Gloria, thanks for sharing the devotional. I keep telling myself that very thing. Our God is an awsom God!! Will keep you two in my prayers. Had a colonoscopy yesterday, removed 3 large polups, will know more in 7to 10 days.
Beth you lucky duck! I love holding babies, you take care.
Elee glad you are feeling better.
doris hope it's not as hot this week.Toni, Karen have a good week also.
We are going camping this weekend. I have thurs thru Sunday off cuz of teacher meetings. I am so blessed.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampinglunchlady View Post
Gloria, thanks for sharing the devotional. I keep telling myself that very thing. Our God is an awsom God!! Will keep you two in my prayers. Had a colonoscopy yesterday, removed 3 large polups, will know more in 7to 10 days.
Beth you lucky duck! I love holding babies, you take care.
Elee glad you are feeling better.
doris hope it's not as hot this week.Toni, Karen have a good week also.
We are going camping this weekend. I have thurs thru Sunday off cuz of teacher meetings. I am so blessed.
God Bless
Have a great time!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #173
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies!

Two praise reports

1- I should be able to get reduced hours at work! I still need to talk to HR and the department head, but my boss thinks it should be fine.

2- Bella had an allergic reaction to something (have no idea what is was), but she is all better now!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Hi ladies!

Two praise reports

1- I should be able to get reduced hours at work! I still need to talk to HR and the department head, but my boss thinks it should be fine.

2- Bella had an allergic reaction to something (have no idea what is was), but she is all better now!
Great news -- thank you, Lord for your protection.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #175
Matboard Maniac

hope you all are doing well...
i pretty much just sleep eat go to the gym and watch tv/ read bible with my husband anymore...

Steph thank you so much for the beautiful card.

did anyone get there card thing i tried to send them in the mail? some of them came back to me but they put that dang sticker over the name of the person i sent it to so can't tell who if anyone actually got them ....

stilll havent felt the kicking though sometimes i wonder if i do but i think its just my pulse...**shrugs** got to go.
love you guys.
and i still think and pray for you guys even though i'm absent on here all the time.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #176
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have to PM Renee and see how she's doing ... things have gotten worse in Edson (where the 14yo was murdered). A 20ish woman was attacked today. These things don't usually happen even in Edmonton or Calgary (our big cities) ... Edson is just a small town! Please pray for those that live there ... it's a scary place to be right now!
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...on-attack.html
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #177
Pearl-ExPert

Catarina, I really liked the devotional. How appropriate it is during this election time and so many people going at each other like cats and dogs.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, my goodness, Gail. That is horriable. Scary for sure. Will be praying for the communities there. Man-alive! Some of the comments posted after that article, Gail, were brutal.....and I thought CE got hot sometimes! LOL! Crazy people!

April, sweetie! So glad to se eyou here....yes, I got that little card that hangs up. I hung it up in my stamp area on a push in light switch/dimmer switch thing. It's there for me to see in front of me whenever I sit and stamp! Thanks so much..it's adorable! Glad all is going well with baby in the oven! You just rest and pop in when you can. You know we are all praying for you and the baby.

gloria..will be praying for all involved in your dh's medical care, etc. You too....and pray for total healing for hour hubby!

Caterina and Elee....glad you are feeling better but still not great, eh? Not fun...whatever is going around is a nasty one. My dh is still not feeling great either....not sure if it's some sort of freaky allergy stuff as he's prone to allergies. But, it sure is hanging on.

Hi Tonie...that's a great idea for headache relief. I did end up going to bed pretty quickly after I was here and fell right to sleep. Hacked and coughed some during the night and woke up all stuffy. Sniffed some Zi-Cam and feel much better tonight......

Margy....yucky on the colonoscopy...not fun but glad they found the trouble and removed it. It's good to have those done if there is any inkling at all that there might be trouble. Keep us posted on the results when you get them.

Went to Stamp Club at my demo's. we did a One Sheet Wonder out of a 6x6 sheet of designer paper. I'd never done any OSW's and they are fast and easy when you want to crank out several cards..cute, cute, cute. She got the template off of Verve's website. I'm not familiar with them.....

Anyway, ya'll have a good night...and day tomorrow.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Catarina, I really liked the devotional. How appropriate it is during this election time and so many people going at each other like cats and dogs.
Hi PolarBear....that is for sure...very appropriate this time of year. Such good reminders to watch that tongue! Thanks for posting it, Caterina.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

April, so glad to hear from you. Hope all is well with your pregnancy. Did get a card from you several weeks ago and thought I had let you know. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.

Gail, how very upsetting to hear about another attack -- it is scary. Don't think there is any such place as a safe neighborhood any more. There was a woman raped a couple of blocks from us while she was taking a walk.

Sandy, how are you doing? Has the funeral taken place? How did things go with your family?

Margy, how are you and your sister doing?

Elee, hope you are feeling better. Today is the first day that this virus stuff seems to be finally leaving.

Reynold has two more days to work this week and just three days next week and then he is done. He is counting down the number of times he has to set his alarm.

God was so very good last night in helping us a fine a really nice piece of furniture for the new family room at a bargain price. We needed something small and found this chair + 1/2 that comfortably seats two. We will be getting it hopefully on Thurs.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, haven't had much time here this week. I know I won't touch everything I've read but will just cover the posts that stood out.

Caterina, it's so wonderful when you can find exactly what you want at a great price. I went out to dinner and shopping this evening with my best friend, and even though I didn't buy anything, I was thrilled when she found some bargains.

Beth, I really loved what you posted earlier about the parent walking with the child. That really does explain it, doesn't it? And I also do a lot of one-sheet wonders when I want a bunch of cards, though I've never done one with designer paper, need to give that a try.

I'm also praying for the families in Canada who are losing their loved ones in such a brutal way. Scary stuff.

Also praying for those who've posted on here with health issues. Can't remember names off the top of my head since I'm new here, but I'll get this all down eventually.

I've been busy, I take sub jobs at our school district for paraeducators. I may have an opportunity to get a permanent position that would be good for me, however, I'm also perfectly okay if it doesn't work out, then I can just keep subbing. I'm turning this one over to the Lord that whatever is best for me and my family will come about.

Well, need to get the kiddos in bed so good night all.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #182
Insane Embellisher

Hi, the hospital called today and the surgery will be the 9th of Oct.; it is going to be a long week. We are trying to stay busy but just about have all the fall projects done. So glad my brother (who is a minister) wrote and told me that it is normal to feel like your on a roller coaster ride with your emotions.

So sorry to hear of yet another attach, hope they find him soon. and pray for the families .

Glad the baby is doing well , are you feeling the little 'butterfly" feelings now?

Margy, will pray the reports come back good for you.

Know there is much more to comment on but please forgive me my mind is not too clear right now. But I pray for my "computer family" each night.

Take care and love all you sisters. Gloria
Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #183
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends - hope today is a blessed one for each of you.

Giving God the Glory

“Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31

The news from our mechanic threatened to scuttle our plans. A suspicious rattling noise prompted me to take our clunker of a car to the shop a day before we were scheduled to drive through the night to Florida for our family vacation. The mechanic informed me that the rattling noise was our transmission’s farewell song, and that we were going to have to replace it—a time-consuming and expensive repair.

Seriously discouraged, I made my way back to the church office. I was considering how I would break the news to my family, when the phone rang. On the other end of the line, one of our church members said, “Hey, Pastor, I hear that you’re going to Florida on vacation. You know, my wife and I are worried about you taking your family to Florida in that little car. Our cars belong to God, and we would like you to take one of them on your vacation. Your choice!”

Wow! I knew that his cars were beauties—so either one would have been incredible.

With vacation plans intact and with a heart of gratitude for God’s provision, my family made our way to Florida in our friend’s beautiful car. I’ve got to be honest: I loved driving that car. I loved the stares we got at stoplights; and I felt pretty proud as I pulled up to a gas station. As I was pumping gas into the car (it had a huge appetite for fuel!), a guy walked out of the gas station and said, “Hey, that’s a beautiful car. How do you like your car?”

This was a big moment for me. Do you think I wanted to tell him it wasn’t my car? No way! A spiritual battle raged in my heart for what seemed like an hour (but was probably only 10 seconds). Truth finally won out, and I said, “Well, it’s not my car, but I like it a lot!”

Through the course of life, we all have opportunities to take the credit for ourselves when we shouldn’t. In the spotlight of some success, it’s tempting to keep the applause focused on “me.” But when you think about it, we would have no success in our lives at all if God did not see fit to give us the opportunities to succeed, the brainpower, the education, the temperament and gifts to accomplish praiseworthy things. Even so, when people notice that we have something good going, an internal spiritual battle occurs: Do we keep the glory for ourselves, or do we turn the spotlight back to God where it belongs?

Paul had it right in Philippians 3:1-11 when he encouraged us to stop bragging about ourselves and to start rejoicing in the Lord. He put together an impressive list of his own accomplishments and then said they were like “dung” compared to the glorious reality of Christ in His life. Jeremiah said, “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight” (Jeremiah 9:23-24).

It’s not that we can’t enjoy our moment in the sun. Pleasure in good things is a gift that God has given us. It’s just that it’s important to give the credit for all we have and are to the appropriate person: God, the giver of all good things (1 Timothy 6:17).

OUR JOURNEY…

* Think back on some areas of accomplishment in your life. How were those moments (or how could they have been) used to bring God glory? What can you do in the future to tactfully give God the credit?
* Think about some of the activities, hobbies, or pursuits that bring you genuine joy in life. Thank God for the opportunity to use the body and talents that He has given you to enjoy these things! Read Acts 12:20-23, a sobering thought about stealing the glory from God.
* Corollary verses: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Philippians 3:1-11
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #184
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all,

Been quiet around here today, huh? Must be that hump day hs us all busy. I hope everyone is alright.

Thanks Caterina for the devo. It's good to remember that we are nothing but what God gives us. It's a good reminder for me....We are all stampers and I know you all get loads of compliments on your work. Sometimes I get to thinking all snooty like 'oh, she said that about MY card' or "wow, that person want's me to make THEIR scrapbook?" You know, then you start to thinking you are something.....or I am something. Which we all are..but we are what God makes us and wht blessings and talents he gives us.

Julie...I'm a teacher too. I tried to get in this year but we were not ready financially for me to quit daycare and drop my pay about 1/2 to an instructional assistant position. But, it is a great way to get back into the schools..subbing too. I'm hoping this next fall we'll be ready for me to try to do that.It's nice to be on the same schedule with the kids, huh?

Well, I hope you all are well...praying for each and every one ofyou!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 AM   #185
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all!
Wendy how wonderfull about the job!! Sorry you had a scare with bella, know how that goes, my first born had a reaction to milk when she was switched from formula. We were in the car at the time driving home from visiting friends. I looked back to see how she was doing andshe was covered in spots, took the first off ramp on the freeway and drove right back to the doc. office. The nurse was so nice, I felt so dumb, we swithed to soy, she strill can't drink much milk, or icecream, it makes her wease.
Caterina, sis is doin okay, she likes going to work, it is comfortable there. Her house has been so full of people helping with things that she feels like she is never alone. I know once the house is painted and the repairs done, she will get to be alone.
I am doing super! Will not let a dumb lupus diagnosis get me down, just give it to God, let him worry about it, I have things to do. I do have questions for the doc. I see him in 2 weeks and we do more tests, but I am feeling better thatn I have all summer. And I must say I really am getting alot from the devo you post, I go back and read the scripture in the bible, keeps in the word, I like that.
Beth I hope you have a good weekend headach free!
Gloria will keep ya in my prayers, will be praying extra on surgery day. Oct 9.
Have made the last of the thank you's for my sister. Used my new scollop punch on a few of them. Wow I sure like that punch. Can't wait to make birthday cards for my mom.
Gail sure hope they catch that guy soon.
April you hang in there. Takeing naps and little walks is what is good for ya.
Will be gone for the next 4 days, motorhome is loaded and ready to go. Gonna hook up the jeep and be on our way in about an hour, so best go wake up dh.
GodBless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #186
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have a good time, Margy.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Although this may sting a little, it is a really good one from Joe Stowell.

The Truth . . . for Jesus' Sake

“One of the Pharisees . . . said to himself, ‘If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.’ ” Luke 7:39

I’m a little tired of hearing angry Christians running around the world saying “We’ve got it right, and everyone else is wrong!” Granted, the clear teachings of God’s Word are indeed right and anything that contradicts them is wrong. But what bothers me is the extent to which we give equal standing to God’s Word and to our sometimes-twisted attitudes and opinions. I hear us talking all the time about “those people” who are causing moral decline and the politicians who are legislating God out and “do-whatever-you-want” in. We sound so long on mad and so short on mercy.

Sure, gay issues and abortion are serious problems. But behind those problems are real people who need the same Jesus that all of us needed when we came to the cross. It’s important to note that in the course of Jesus’ ministry He had more harsh words of reproof for the self-righteous religious folk than He did for the outright sinners whom He came to save. And it should be remembered that He took a big hit from the “good” people for spending time with the religious and social outcasts.

On a nightly cable news show not long ago, a TV preacher made some Bible-thumping statement about AIDS being judgment from God on the gay rights movement and that anyone who is gay doesn’t deserve to live. I was embarrassed, upset, and heartsick all at the same time. Sadly, too many people believe that’s what real Christianity is all about. But nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, that kind of angry rhetoric does not reflect the heart and teachings of Jesus. Jesus said, “I am . . . the truth” (John 14:6), so in order for me to confidently speak like I have the truth, I need to be sure that I am in sync with Him.

When Jesus came into Jerusalem for the first time after beginning His ministry, He wept over the city’s brokenness. He spent time with sinners and told stories about God’s compassion for prodigals and prostitutes. The heart of Jesus is marked not only with clarity about sin, but is also filled with compassion—not hatred—for those who do not yet believe and understand the truth. As His followers, our hearts should be broken for those who are broken and bent by sin. That means spending a whole lot less time acting like we are the truth and getting busy about pointing people to Jesus who is the Truth. And the best way to point people to Jesus is to start living like He lived.

The apostle James wrote to believers undergoing some tough opposition, instructing them not just to hear the truth but also to do the truth (James 1:22). In other words, we need to let Truth transform us before we try to articulate it to others.

Let’s face it: Sometimes we have to show up for Jesus before we can speak up for Him. We need to show we care by reaching out and meeting the more difficult and not-so-easy-to-deal-with needs of people around us. To tutor an underprivileged kid, to care for a man dying from AIDS, to sit in silence with someone at a nursing home, to visit a widow and help her with her laundry. Maybe, just maybe, after that, we can tell them the truth about what we know to be true in Jesus.

Believe me, a heart that knows you really care might just be ready to care for the Jesus who made you care for them in the first place.

OUR JOURNEY…

* Do an attitude check. Would you rather hate those who are “big-time sinners,” or love them as Jesus did?
* How can you be more sensitive to those who aren’t quite ready to receive the truth? In what ways can you begin to show the real Jesus to them? Make a list of people you know who upset you because of their lifestyle or publicly proclaimed philosophy. Make it a point to pray for them regularly. Ask God to help you show them the love of Jesus without condoning their lifestyle.
* Read through James 1. Prayerfully write down some things you could begin doing differently in your life.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #188
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy ya'll! Hope everyone is well.

Margy have a blast motorhoming it this weekend. That sounds like fun. What great fall weather for it. You have such a super attitude about your diagnoses...you are an inspiration to me for sure!

Went on a field trip today with our little Sam. Being in the K with all those kids sure makes me miss my teaching school aged kids...ho-hum...maybe next year!

Thanks, Caterina for the devo. Loved the line...sometimes we need to show up for Jesus before we can speak for him.....wow..so true.

Well, I need to go stir the pot for dinner......timer went off.

Ladies, have a great evening!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, thanks for the devo. It's great to be reminded of that once in a while.

Well, today was not a good day for me. I posted a while back about some tests being done at the center where I donate plasma. I found out today that the problem was that I received a false positive on the test for hepititus. The good news is that I don't have hepititus (which with my lifestyle that's a great big DUH) but if you receive one false positive you are no longer allowed to donate. This brought in about $200 per month which was usually saved for family fun, like weekend getaways, etc. And I'm getting a little frustrated with our school district, because I keep getting called for these 2-3 hour jobs and no full day ones ever seem to come along.

Sorry about my whining, life is just getting me down right now. Thanks for letting me vent here. Hopefully next time I post I can be more cheerful.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Julie, you are free to vent and share your feelings anytime you feel the need. Right now it may seem like the Lord is taking something from you but He is probably getting ready to put something better in your hands. Hold on and keep looking up.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Julie, you are free to vent and share your feelings anytime you feel the need. Right now it may seem like the Lord is taking something from you but He is probably getting ready to put something better in your hands. Hold on and keep looking up.
Thanks, I know that's probably true. In fact, I was just coming back to this thread now to apologize for my last post because as far as these jobs from the school are concerned I know that I need to be more thankful for what I am being offered.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #192

Julie ... it's tough when you hit the "tough" times ... sometimes it just feels like everything coming at once!
Take some time ... read Psalm 31 ... or almost any Psalm ... and rest in the knowledge that God is there for you to hold on to! Even when it doesn't feel like it!
And ... sometimes a bunch of little things are harder to cope with than one 'big thing'.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #193
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Julie ... it's tough when you hit the "tough" times ... sometimes it just feels like everything coming at once!
Take some time ... read Psalm 31 ... or almost any Psalm ... and rest in the knowledge that God is there for you to hold on to! Even when it doesn't feel like it!
And ... sometimes a bunch of little things are harder to cope with than one 'big thing'.
Thanks. I know right now I am feeling like God isn't there but tomorrow I'll probably feel much different. Part of what has me really in a funk tonight as well, is that I really wanted to talk with my best friend about some of this and she said she would call me back tonight and never did. So I'm just feeling kind of deserted right now. And DH just isn't being understanding right now either.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #194
Insane Embellisher

Good Evening all,

We both had a wonderful day with our son,(oldest I should say) and then got to go with and pick up our grandson at school this afternoon. Both my son and husband love tractors so was fun watching them with our son's new one (new to him that is, it is a 1949)! Oh, well it is newer then I am anyway.....

Margy, have fun camping, and I think you were hoping for getting some trout weren't you??? Glad you sister is doing well, it is always nice when we can stay busy. We are finding that out.

Wendy, glad Bella is doing good after her allergic reaction.

Polar Bear, WELCOME!

Beth, how is your cough? Don't know if you have ever tried it but this last month when I had a cough that would keep me awake, our neighbor told me to try equal amts. of honey and lemon juice.It worked better then any cough medicine. I did rinse my mouth out after just thinking the lemon juice might not be the best for my teeth.

Caterina, another good devotional, was thinking it goes right back to "is one sin any greater then another"? I think I better let Jesus decide that one. Hope you are feeling better. I know the think I was excited about with retirement was not having to set that alarm anymore to, in fact I even turned the clock to face the wall unless we REALLY have to get up for anything.

Gail, hope they have caught the person responsible for the attacks.

Well newest news for us is we now will be at the hospital at 7 in the morning to be admitted and to have radiology place the wires in the tumors(?), ( on his right neck and right trapezes muscle) then on to surgery which sounds like it should be around 10 in the morning on the 9th of Oct. this next week. Our minister will be out the night before to pray with us and give us communion. Then our son asked his minister to come to the hospital and pray before he goes into surgery. Please pray that day to bless, and guide the Dr. and nurses doing his care, surround him with angels and to have Jesus be with us.

Asking prayers for a woman who should be getting married this coming Sat. but future husband was killed in an accident last week, also for my friend that will be having a kidney removed this next week on the 7th. She is the one that is in her 70's who lost her husband and dad this past year and is now trying to raise her two preschool great grandsons.

Thinking of all you, has anyone heard from naner lately?

Gloria
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #195
Insane Embellisher

Julie, just was reading your post about your friend, and I do know how you feel. When I seen my best friend and told her about my husband having surgery and all she said was "oh, that is to bad"and then went on to show and tell me how she cut her knuckle this last week.... Felt very let down since I was the person she called this last spring when her son committed suicide. I want to think she really didn't hear what I was telling her.Try reading Philippians 4, and also Romans 8. They are really helping both my husband and I. Gloria
Old 10-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Julie, just was reading your post about your friend, and I do know how you feel. When I seen my best friend and told her about my husband having surgery and all she said was "oh, that is to bad"and then went on to show and tell me how she cut her knuckle this last week.... Felt very let down since I was the person she called this last spring when her son committed suicide. I want to think she really didn't hear what I was telling her.Try reading Philippians 4, and also Romans 8. They are really helping both my husband and I. Gloria
Gloria, sorry for your friend letting you down but sometimes people just don't know what to say or how to minister to someone else. Since your friend's son committed suicide, she may not even be healed enough herself to give to you or anyone else what is needed. Not trying to make excuses but have counsel enough people who are hurting and know that sometimes they can't see past the pain they are drowning in.

Turning to God's Word is a very wise thing for you to do. It will prevent you from going 'down the road' that can only hurt more. We are here for you and your husband. Hang in there - a better day is coming.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #197
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have an incredibly blessed day!

Sticking Up for Jesus

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

Recently, I read a disturbing quote from a pastor of a large church in California. He said, “I used to believe that we should ask Muslims to accept Christ as their Savior. But I don’t believe that any more. I’ve sensed the presence of God with Muslims, and I’ve come to believe that it’s wrong to try to talk them into becoming Christians.”

I don’t know why he changed his mind, but caving in on what Jesus has clearly said, is a betrayal of Jesus Himself. Jesus came to make a way to God by removing the one barrier that blocks everyone’s path to God—the barrier of sin. This meant that He had to die in our place to pay the price of sin. Without His sacrifice, there is no other way. Let’s face it; if there were other ways to God, then He didn’t need to die. It’s ludicrous to believe that His Father would send Him through the agony of the cross if it were only another religious option. To deny that He is the way is to deny Jesus.

But let’s get personal about this. While it’s easy to “be out” on a West Coast pastor who has bailed on the message of Jesus, we ourselves find it hard to tell people at the water cooler that we believe He is the only way. There are probably a lot of reasons why we tend to fudge on the issue: keeping culturally respectable, not appearing to be to the right of Attila the Hun, or just not wanting to seem intolerant or bigoted all stack up as pretty good reasons to duck when the subject is raised.

But at some point, we have to make up our mind about whether any of these pressures are worth betraying Jesus for.

Judas did it for 30 pieces of silver. And, to be candid about it, he had some pretty good reasons to bail. If he had stuck it out with the unpopular Jesus, he would suffer (as Jesus had told His disciples), be thrown out of synagogues, and perhaps even die for the cause. On the other hand, betraying Christ would bring him acceptance from the “powers that be,” safety, and security by aligning himself with the big guys—and some extra cash besides. Being like Judas is always an option. But let’s remember that he was no hero. When was the last time you heard of parents naming their newborn son Judas?

All I’m trying to say is that sticking up for Jesus against heavy odds is always tough. But it’s always right. Perhaps we have misunderstood the nature of being a follower of Jesus: We are to take up our cross and follow Him. Paying a price for Him comes into clear perspective when we remember the phenomenal price He paid for us.

I’m not asking you to be obnoxious about it, just humbly clear. And by the way, is there anything compelling about your life that would back up the words that Jesus is the way? Are you wonderfully different because Jesus is the way? Do people at the water cooler know that you are trustworthy, forgiving, fair and honest, joyful, and quick to speak a good word about others?

It’s always easier to speak up for Jesus when we have already shown up for Jesus.

OUR JOURNEY…

* What attitudes and actions in your life back up the claims of Jesus?
* What’s your price? Write down any circumstances that might tempt you to act like Judas. Pray and ask God for the courage to stand up for Jesus when it would be easier to betray Him.
* How could you humbly yet clearly articulate Jesus Christ’s claim to be the only way to God? Write out a statement of about 25 words that clearly explains why He needed to die for all. Be sure to tell those who question you that He has already made a way for them to have a relationship with God.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #198
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Friday everyone.
Last night was the first night of freestyle cha cha-fun, fun, fun.
I lost 3 lbs. in one week.

Julie, I will pray that God opens up a fantastic job for you very soon.
How are you doing, Gloria? I know your husband needs prayer, yet my heart wants to lift you up for strength, peace, and wisdom.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #199

Dh's car died. We bought it just after dd (almost 13yo) was born. Kinda hoping for a few more years from it.
He's out with the kids now, 'trying out' cars. )Since ds is 6'5", he has to fit in the front and back of any car we purchase!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

highly recommend

mazda mazda3 [I got the 5 door version]!! or if you prefer a van/station wagon style their mazda5

We have really tall people in our family and tall in the front with tall in the back was a must. Plus these came in reasonable pricing brand new.