Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Gloria! I'm in tears for you! I'm so sorry...wanna give you a big hug! Wish I could In Real Life. Know that I will be pryaing for you guys over the next few months. Keep us posted as you can so we can pray for specifics. God will give you the strength you both need..He always does. He will be there for you to leanon.

Love you so much!!

Hugs!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #122
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria:

I want you to know that you and dh are in my prayers...I pray that our Loving Father grant you peace, His peace, not the kind we think of, but the peace that He PROMISED to leave us with...my heart is heavy for you. Thank you for sharing your heart, so we can pray. I have been teary just thinking about you & Pete during prayer.

I am singing my song Whose report do i believe, I believe the report of the Lord. (it was a little out of tune...but that is OK)

Beth- I am so happy for all the orders you got today!

blessings to all!

t

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #123
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
Hello sisters, Both I and my husband will need all the prayers you can spare in the months and weeks ahead.I called the DR, about the MRI this afternoon, how do I say it other then its back.........../the MRI showed two spots sounds like the bass of the neck by his spine, won't really know anything until he talks to radiology and the Dr that will be doing the surgery, I am thinking it will be maybe a neuro but it hasn't said anything, we get the info on Monday and then will let you all know.

I was so sure the way the DR talked it was going to be fine, so tonight i am having some trouble teary eyes, and just plan shaking in side, not being able to focus and feel like just running.Please pray not only for the DR taking care of Pete, angels around him but all the strength I need to be brave to help him though the days ahead. I love him so very much. I am just so plain scared of what lyes ahead for him.

I do know one thing everyone that has some one special take the time every day to hold them, and tell them they are loved! I now hate to think of the days in 45 years we wasted being mad at each other over something dumb.
Will let you go but wanted you to know what is going on. Prayers for all of you with difficulty to .

May our God, continue to be with each and everyone of us
for all our days on earth and then in heaven.Gloria
Oh, Gloria. I have no words of wisdom for what you are feeling except to remind you of the grace, compassion and love of Jesus. Paul tells us what Jesus said about His grace in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...". In that verse I love the simplicity of His promise; I pray He will shower His grace on you & Pete so you will be surrounded by His loving compassion.

In my little devotion book "Streams in the Desert; Hope for Hurting Hearts" by L. B. Cowman there is a poem I want to share with you:
"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercies,
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun.
His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again." [Annie Johnson Flint]

Blessings and love to you, my sister.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria,

I'm new to this group, but I will lift you and your DH up in prayer. Sometimes lately I feel so discouraged because it seems every day I hear of someone going through these types of situations, but I know I just need to keep praying.

I was in such a funk (like depression) earlier this week and I prayed about something trivial and God answered and came through for me. It's amazing how even the small things (or what we interpret to be small) God does for us can just lift us up. ((((HUGS)))) Will be thinking of you today
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #125
Kookie Creator

Good morning ladies,
I can see I've missed tons of your posts this past week. I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch up with everything but wanted to check in and let my sisters know I'm OK. I am hopeful my friend's husband is indeed now with the Lord; he had time to accept Jesus Christ as his Saviour and received pastoral counseling during his lengthy illness.

Blessings to all of you.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gloria, we are all here for you and sending out one gigantic hug your way. Wish there were more to do but will trust the Lord to shower you and your hubby with lots of mercy, grace and comfort during this most difficult time.

Here is a little something for you.

Hello God

Hello God, I called tonight
To talk a little while
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial.

You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.

I want to ask you please to keep,
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.

Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.

I thank you God, for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall..

Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.

So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You, too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria, Please know that I am praying for you both at this difficult time....hang in there sweetie!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #128
Pearl-ExPert

Default Corinthians 12:9 "...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in

Corinthians 12:9 "...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...". In that verse I love the simplicity of His promise;

naner: I believe you posted the perfect verse. I needed to remember that as well. I am using Streams in the Desert right now for a devotional. I think i will use it for my Divine Design Challenge this month.

Beth/Gloria: I am glad Beth asked for specifics for prayer...Gloria if you are wanting to, let us know what the specifics are for prayer, so that we can pray in agreement.

be blessed!

toni
Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #129
Pearl-ExPert

Doris: I forgot to mention, I am suffering the heat with you....Sunny HOT AZ.
Stay cool...it shouldn't be too long, before fall starts.

toni
Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #130
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
Corinthians 12:9 "...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...". In that verse I love the simplicity of His promise;

naner: I believe you posted the perfect verse. I needed to remember that as well. I am using Streams in the Desert right now for a devotional. I think i will use it for my Divine Design Challenge this month.

Beth/Gloria: I am glad Beth asked for specifics for prayer...Gloria if you are wanting to, let us know what the specifics are for prayer, so that we can pray in agreement.

be blessed!
<wiping a tear away> not because I am sad but because it is so touching to know we really love and care about each other

Specifics are good for me too; they help keep the need to pray before me longer. I seem to remember that we are told to ask for what we want-that would mean details too right? If the info is too personal for anyone to give out on the thread, PM us all.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #131
Insane Embellisher

You girls are just too wonderful, so glad we met. We won't find out more until he calls tomorrow. Just that two spots showed up on the MRI. he had the neck surgery two years ago almost to the day. At that time they told us it wasn't cancer now they tell us it is pre cancer...

If anyone ever tells you that something does not look right but they'll watch it , don't walk but run to another DR. and see what he says. about 4 years ago one Dr told us it was just muscle mass and that they would just watch it, thank heavens our daughter who is an OT looked at it two years ago and told us to get right in to see a DR. Will let all now what we find out monday. Thank you so much for prayers, right now I am having a really hard time with praying, we do read Romans 8 every night . Gloria

Thank you for the wonderful devotionals you all send today.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #132
Matboard Maniac

Talking Good Evening Ladies

Quote:
Margy, just checked out the Mayo Clinic web site and they have a lot of info on Lupus. Go under diseases and they go under L. Hope this helps. Gloria
[[HUG]] Gloria, I am so sorry. You and dh are in my thoughts, and prayers. All I can think is medicine has come a long way in the last 5 years.
Thanks went to this site, found out info. It is good to have. Now I can formulate questions for the dr. Will keep your Daughter in my prayers, I am through the change.{56} although my grandmother was older when she went through. I geuss I am the first in our family that I know of, my youngest dd[32] was a bit upset, knowing that it runs in families. I read the book of Job early this summer. I was praying and my bible opened to Job so I started reading. I thought it was so I could be more understanding of my dh"s cronic back, and so I could give support, now maybe it was for me. All I know is I am okay with it, I figure our lord will never get us into something if he doesn't have a way to getr us through it.
Jsbrooktrout, thanks for the verses.
Beth bless you and your family, Elee,Steph Wendy Elaine , Rita, Doris and everyone else have a great Sunday
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #133
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
You girls are just too wonderful, so glad we met. We won't find out more until he calls tomorrow. Just that two spots showed up on the MRI. he had the neck surgery two years ago almost to the day. At that time they told us it wasn't cancer now they tell us it is pre cancer...

If anyone ever tells you that something does not look right but they'll watch it , don't walk but run to another DR. and see what he says. about 4 years ago one Dr told us it was just muscle mass and that they would just watch it, thank heavens our daughter who is an OT looked at it two years ago and told us to get right in to see a DR. Will let all now what we find out monday. Thank you so much for prayers, right now I am having a really hard time with praying, we do read Romans 8 every night . Gloria

Thank you for the wonderful devotionals you all send today.
{{Hugs}}
I pray that as you go through this difficult season ahead, you will feel God's strength as he sustains you ... and that His Word would prove a refuge for you.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, friends -- some encouraging devotionals for today.

Gathering the Chosen

"The Son of Man will send his angels all around the earth.
The angels will gather his chosen people from every part of
the earth." -- Mark 13:27 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
Those that belong to the Lord will be gathered to meet him. Those who
belong to the Lord will join this celebration whether they are
physically alive or dead. All that belong to him will be gathered
together for the great reunion of the children of God. What a day of
celebration and joy for those who love the Lord. No wonder God's
children have looked forward to this day with great anticipation and
joy.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O Father, I can only imagine how glorious the day of Jesus' return will
actually be. I look forward to being reunited with those who have gone
on before me to be with Christ. I look forward to being with those
whose language I cannot now speak, but with whom I will enjoy the
praise and celebration of heaven. Thank you for such a great hope that
rests in my future with Jesus! In his name I pray. Amen.

VERSE:
[S]o Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many
people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to
bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
-- Hebrews 9:28

THOUGHT:
Jesus is coming back! Are you ready? Are you waiting?

PRAYER:
Come Lord Jesus, your bride awaits you! Amen. (see 1 Corinthians
16:22 & Revelation 21:2, 9; 22:17)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #135
Insane Embellisher

Happy Sunday to you all, your prayers are working in that today at church we both could feel peace, not for what might lay ahead but knowing we have Jesus walking with us, I love the picture of Jesus praying in the garden, yesterday when I was looking at it I truly felt he felt all our pain not only in my life but everyones.

I do know one learns quickly what is really important in this life, its not the latest clothes, the newest stamping tool etc. but the feel of our loved ones arms around us!

I usually don't bring a copy of the sermon home with me but wanted to share a small piece of it with you all.

Here be cancer. Here be Downs Syndrome. Here be bi-polar disorder. Here be schizophrenia, or chemical dependency, or job loss, or Alzheimer's, or diabetes or heart problems or relationship problems. Yes, these are all here in the map of our everyday lives, but be sure to know also that "HERE BE GOD!" I was reading through my confirmation Bible at home the other day. Scrawled in the margin of one of Paul's letters was, "The only answer the New Testament gives for suffering is "I will be with you". I have come to know that that promise is true and trustworthy. If you are broken, hurting, guilty, afraid, or in need- THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.

prayer-Lord God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Tomorrow we find out what needs to be done, will let you all know. The last couple days we are trying to get all things done for winter, got a lot crossed off our list. Thanks so much for your prayers and you are all in mine. Gloria
Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just got Camron's photos from JCPenneys from their smiles by wire. I think if you click on the link below, hopefully, you will be able to see them.

click below and enter your Customer Name (CATERINA GROVE):

https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.as...P0714100115JCP
Old 09-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #137
Insane Embellisher

Default cateriana

Caterina, what can I say but your pictures are PRICELESS! I loved them all, what a hard pick, to not say I'll take one of each! Gloria
Old 09-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks Gloria - was very pleased with them.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #139

Please pray for a family in a smallish (7000 pop.) town west of here. Their 14yo dd went out for a walk yesterday afternoon and was brutally murdered. Many people I know have connections to this family.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #140
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

How absolutely horrible, Gail. Cannot even begin to know what this poor family must be going through.

Will pray for God's mercy, grace and justice. Please keep us updated as much as you can.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #141
Insane Embellisher

Gail, my heart goes out to the family and friends, what a senseless act. I can't start to think what they are feeling, my prayers are with them. Gloria
Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #142

They have now officially released the girl's name, so here's a link to the news story: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...rl-killed.html

And here's her Dad's blog ... newlumps.blogspot.com
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, man...I'm in tears just reading you rpost, Gail, about that sweet girl. Ugh...stuff like that just makes me MAD! I'm so sorry for this family. I'll read the blog/article here in a bit.......so very sad.

Caterina, those pics are simply adorable. I love them all but I'd have to get for sure the black and white one with him all snuggled up with his blankie up near his face. What a doll baby! Too sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you all had a great Sunday. We had a super time too.....I want to dig out the verse our preacher spoke on today but need to find the verse.....I don't know it off my head....

Gloria...glad you and dh were filled with peace today. Will continue to pray...and for Margy too concerning the lupus. I'm glad those links helped.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #144
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the verse that our minister preached about. He mentioned about the news this week of our country and it's financial situation. This was a good reminder to keep our perspectives...money is just money! LOL! It's here today, gone tomorrow...but God is here to STAY. He is our only security...not our money, our banks, our homes...nothing in this life is secure...except what Jesus can give and that HE is HERE with us!

Hebrews 13:5-6

5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."[a] 6So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"[b]

Old 09-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
They have now officially released the girl's name, so here's a link to the news story: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...rl-killed.html

And here's her Dad's blog ... newlumps.blogspot.com
Thanks, Gail, for letting me know about this thread. My hubby talked to the family earlier today and they are doing remarkably well ... today. It's all so surreal for them and our community. The family and faith community are so trusting in God's will for our lives and we know that each moment belongs to Him. We may not ever understand why these things happen, we have to leave them in God's hands because He does know.

Our neighbour, a police officer, was one on the scene and I think he's really going to struggle with this. He knew the Dad and had coffee with him over the past few months along with my hubby when they met on Wednesdays. The officer really struggles with children getting hurt in the first place and I think this totally threw him, he did not seem himself at all when we spoke this morning.

Very sad day here ... we trust in God's love and mercy always.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #146
Pearl-ExPert

Beth: thanks for posting about the money thing. Our series at services is about financials too right now. God provides what we need, and that is a promise too. Sometimes His ideas of needs are different than what our ideas of needs are...haha! Like i think i need a new die for my BigShot...not exactly what God thinks i need right now I think everyone is in the same boat about being good steward's of money right now.

Renee: thanks for the update on the young gals situation...my heart goes out to the family. Such a tragedy! Are they hooked up with a small group at church? I mean do they have some church family as support?

Ladies: Maybe I am stepping out on a limb here...should we send some cards to the family?

Well I should try and get some sleep...Good Night and God Bless you

toni
Old 09-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #147
Crimping Master

I know I am new to this thread and have not yet been around much. But....I will not be around this week. My step-father, who I know and love as my dad, died unexpectedly Saturday afternoon.

Please pray for my mother and extended family. Jim was well loved by just about everyone he met. It shall be a very long wake.

Please especially pray for my eldest son, Peter, who is taking this very hard. My youngest son is taking it too well, and it will probably hit him at the wake. They were VERY close to Jim.

I do not know if he was saved. I have witnessed to him several times, and he had a large belief in God, which became much more obvious this past year. He had begun to talking about God often, where before he would not talk about Him at all. So perhaps he asked the Lord to save him and just never told us. My hope it that I will see him again.

The rest of my extended family is lost and outright rejected the Lord. Many of them I am astranged from due to my faith and their rejection. For my "dad's" sake, I am sure we will "get along" through the next few days. Saturday night when I saw my sister it was obvious to everyone, that she is still very passive agressive toward me It will take the help of the Holy Spirit to get through this.

Anyway, please pray
Thank-you...Hugs, Sandy O
Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #148

Quote:
Renee: thanks for the update on the young gals situation...my heart goes out to the family. Such a tragedy! Are they hooked up with a small group at church? I mean do they have some church family as support?

Ladies: Maybe I am stepping out on a limb here...should we send some cards to the family?

Yes, the family has a huge church family supporting them. All of their immediate family has arrived and the church community in general is helping where they can.

I'm sure the family would be incredibly touched to receive hand made cards! You can send them right to their church:

Stauffer Family
c/o Edson Baptist Church
4717 9 Ave
Edson, AB
T7E 1E2
Canada

Thanks for any help and prayers!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #149

Quote:
Beth: thanks for posting about the money thing. Our series at services is about financials too right now. God provides what we need, and that is a promise too. Sometimes His ideas of needs are different than what our ideas of needs are...haha! Like i think i need a new die for my BigShot...not exactly what God thinks i need right now I think everyone is in the same boat about being good steward's of money right now.

The Dad is a pastor ... so not only do they have their church family, they have our entire group of churches (Fellowship Baptist) ... and from what Renee has told me, they have the support of other churches in Edson.

Renee would be the best to know about cards. We'll get back to you.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #150

Jinx Renee!
Sending the cards to the church is a great idea! Thanks for the address!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Jinx Renee!
Sending the cards to the church is a great idea! Thanks for the address!
LOL! I figure their church is the best way to get it to them and not only that, the church sees how so many others care not only for the Stauffer family, but for the church family that is suffering along with them. They're grieving too! Emily was a talented musician and a beautiful person that will be sorely missed in their congregation.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #152

Here's the front page story from today's Edmonton Journal:
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...8-df9e66965b8d
Old 09-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulssandy View Post
I know I am new to this thread and have not yet been around much. But....I will not be around this week. My step-father, who I know and love as my dad, died unexpectedly Saturday afternoon.

Please pray for my mother and extended family. Jim was well loved by just about everyone he met. It shall be a very long wake.

Please especially pray for my eldest son, Peter, who is taking this very hard. My youngest son is taking it too well, and it will probably hit him at the wake. They were VERY close to Jim.

I do not know if he was saved. I have witnessed to him several times, and he had a large belief in God, which became much more obvious this past year. He had begun to talking about God often, where before he would not talk about Him at all. So perhaps he asked the Lord to save him and just never told us. My hope it that I will see him again.

The rest of my extended family is lost and outright rejected the Lord. Many of them I am astranged from due to my faith and their rejection. For my "dad's" sake, I am sure we will "get along" through the next few days. Saturday night when I saw my sister it was obvious to everyone, that she is still very passive agressive toward me It will take the help of the Holy Spirit to get through this.

Anyway, please pray
Thank-you...Hugs, Sandy O
Sandy, my heartfelt sympathies to you in losing dear one. Sorry too that there is so much tension within the family because of your faith. Just remember that Jesus warned us that this would happen because of Him and that our reward in Heaven will be greater because of the rejection and hurt we will endure.

God's grace is sufficient to get you through this most difficult time - have faith and trust Him to use you to glorify Him.

Would consider it a privilege to send a card if you think that would be alright. Just let me know. Hang in there.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Devotional for today.

Love for the World

"The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen." 2 Timothy 4:18

It was a cold December morning. Dressed in a white execution gown, he was led to the wall of the prison courtyard with the others. Blindfolded, he waited for the last sound he would hear: the crack of a pistol echoing off the prison walls. Instead, he heard fast-paced footsteps, then the announcement that the czar had commuted his sentence to 10 years of hard labor.

So intense was that moment that he suffered an epileptic seizure—a malady he would suffer the rest of his life.

Fyodor Dostoevsky was sent to prison, where he had only a New Testament to read. In it he discovered something more compelling than his socialistic ideals. He met Jesus, and his heart was changed. Upon leaving prison, he wrote to a friend that the Lord was so dear to him that if he were to find out that Jesus was not in the realm of truth, he would rather have Jesus than the truth.

Dostoevsky returned to civilian life. He wrote feverishly and produced the novels The House of the Dead and Crime and Punishment, followed by his personal memoirs and many other works.

The sorrowful end of this story is that he never grew as a believer in Jesus. His church attendance was sporadic. He neglected Bible study and the fellowship of other believers. He began to drink heavily, and gambling left him penniless. He had left prison with his heart aflame for Jesus, but he died with nothing more than smoldering embers.

As a writer, Dostoevsky left a legacy that places him among the literary greats. One wonders what impact his life could have had if he had stayed faithful to God. In the words of the great poet John Greenleaf Whittier, “Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: ‘It might have been!’”

Keeping on track for Jesus in good times and in bad is the only way to finish life and face eternity with few regrets.

OUR JOURNEY…

* What things in my life have sidetracked my passion and enthusiasm for Jesus?
* Why is it so hard to stay faithful to Him?
* What will I do differently today to reflect my love for Jesus?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Caterina, Thank you again for the wonderful devotional for the day.

I don't know about you all, but the last week has been a very hard one. I feel emotionally exhausted. The economic situation we are facing as a nation really has me very concerned, and I am seriously worried about our future. In my heart, as a follower of Christ, I know that everything in our lives happens for a reason. The good and bad are learning experiences. I think to myself....is this situation happening do to our selfishness and greed, and our turning away from God as a nation? Is God telling us to take a closer look at who we vote for, and what policies we support? Is God giving us a sign to re-prioritize our lives?

Over the last several days I have been praying that my representatives look to the Holy Spirit for guidance. That they search their heart and conscience and vote accordingly. I also pray that those of us who love and follow the Lord, are seeing his strength and guidance in dealing with circumstances that are totally out of our control. I am just searching for God's message in it all....
Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Doris, you are doing all that you need to do with praying and trusting the Lord. It is especially important to pray for those in authority over us. God requests that in His Word.

Have thought over the years, how long will God continue to bless and prosper America if we continue as a country to shut Him out. Have been blessed to live overseas and do a short term missionary stint in Bulgaria and we are beyond abundantly blessed in so many ways in this country. It is the greatest place God has given to anyone.

Do not know any answers but know and will trust the God has a plan in all of this. God's grace is still sufficient no matter what happens.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #157

Sandy ... my prayers are with your family. Not knowing the spiritual state of a loved one who dies is so difficult.
I believe that all we can do is cling close to God ...
Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #158
Matboard Maniac

{{{HUG}}} Sandy so sorry for your loss. Will say a prayer for the children. When my father passed a friend gave my children the book "Heaven Has a Floor." I think this helped them at that time. Mine were 3,2,and 6mo. When my step dad passed my children were grown up, that was hard. He was the only granpa on my side that they knew, fil is still with us.

Gail that is awfull about the little girl,will pray for the family, and send a card.

Gloria, am keeping you and dh in my prayers. I am so glad you found peace, I have decided that I will take whatever is given, Because our LORD will always be with me. With him I know I can take anything. And of course I have all of you here to lift me up. So I will keep you lifted in prayer always.
Beth thanks for the verses, good things to know. Am so glad you are buisy in your new venture, am still thinking of doing something for our /christmas in Kuna weekend.
Caterina, devo was very good, and pix were so cute, had our middle grandson Sat. afternoon, had a good time. Played games watched a show on the tv about airplanes from ww1 to todays war planes.
Wishing everyone a good day today.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #159
Pearl-ExPert

Sandy i am so sorry to hear of your loss...my dad passed away 12 yrs ago and my ds was 10...he took it hard but it did not manifest itself for about a month after he passed away...I pray that God will hold you and your family close to His heart.

be blessed

toni
Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome, Renee, and thanks for posting more details about the minister's daughter that was murdered. I still don't know how any parent survives the death of their child. It's unbearable to even consider yet God makes good out of every evil deed done against one of His believers. I know God will give the family and the strength to go through this.

I was reminded this a.m. while I was talking to a neighbor about how/why God allows such terriable things to happen. We were talking about it in light of a bad school bus accident that happend in northern Indiana where 4 kids were killed. I once heard someone liken these bad events to a parent and child taking a walk. Things go along fine for a bit, then the child stumbles upon a rock and falls to the ground with a big nasty scraped up knee. The parent didn't 'allow' that to happen...or didn't 'cause' it to happen and certainly didn't 'will' that to happen to their precious child. So, the parent picks up their child, takes care of their wound and is there to walk beside them holding their hand as they cry over the 'ouchie'. In the same way, we go in and out of this life, bad things happen..God does not 'cause' them, or 'will' the bad thing to happen. Yet HE is right there beside us picking us up, kissing our wounds and shedding a few tears with us as we struggle through this bad thing that has happened. There is peace to be found in the truth that God will never leave or forsake us no matter what we go through.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your step=dad. such a shock. I will be praying for you and your family...and you must be one brave girl to walk away from your family (so to speak) and walk with Christ. I'm sure it must be very trying but I know God will bless you for it.

Hello everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

I've had a busy day. New daycare baby started today..he's 3 mos. old but my goodness..I forget how much time it takes to feed/burp/change a gazillion diapers with an infant. And, it's not been THAT long since I had an infant here..he's a year now but funny how you forget those things.

I'm ready to hit the hay....had a nasty headache and I think it's weather related or something...started this afternoon about the time this little rainfall blew in. Well, the rain blew in and out and left me with a headache that I can not shake. So I think I"m headed to bed....will probably fall asleep watching FoxNews....see what's up in this world.

Have a good night ladies....