Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #81
Insane Embellisher

The waiting game is still going, did get one phone call this morning and I was right the call we had waiting for us yesterday was to change the time of DH MRI. I know my husband is more of a worrier then I am (most of the time )
so will be glad when they call and tell us nothing showed up on the MRI.

So sorry to hear of all the deaths for everyone this week. We went to a funeral this past Monday for my sister in law's sister. She had battled cancer for the last 12 years. Before she passed away told the priest to ask everyone that she might have done wrong to to please forgive her and that she forgave all that might have wronged her . She had such faith, when she needed to feel the help of God the priest said she would come to the little country church a few miles from us and walk the stations of the cross. Normally she went to the church in town that was closer to her.

And with thinking of cancer reminded me that the friend I talk about at times told me before she died that I should always ask for the better pap test. I didn't know that there was more then one, but the Dr. had told her if she had had the better one (mostly used for pt. with history of cancer) 6 months earlier with her yearly physical they could have caught her cancer . When I go in now I ask the nurse when she is setting it up that I want the better one, and she changes things. Wish I could tell you the name to ask for maybe someone else knows what it is called.

Karen, hope your back is feeling better, having a sister and both sons with bad backs I can imagine what you must be feeling.

Thanks for the hints to help with concentration with my Bible studies.

It is so nice to have this site to come to and be able to "bear one self" and ask for prayers or just a shoulder to lean on with all you sisters.

Jan, with all the talk of your book and writings made me realize I really need to get busy with the personal diary that I started a few years ago for my children and grandkids. After a friend and I were talking at break about growing up with no running water, the "out house", and her no lights etc. and looked around the table at the younger nurses and realized they were looking at us like we had just stepped out of "Little House on the Prairie".. When I started it every time the kids would come home they wanted to read what I had added so really need to get going on it again.

Trying to get all the fall things done, the list is getting a little bit shorter, have only a small amt. of the outside of the house to paint to protect the wood. Glad we have a VERY small home each year when we have to do that, want to put siding on but will have to save a little more. The only other thing that will be a bigger job is to haul one more load of wood. I am with you with loving the spring and fall the best, often think the person that wrote the " hazy lazy days of summer" didn't have to mow their own yard .

Well will try and catch up on everyones postings soon, take care and your all in my prayers each night. Gloria
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria: I will be waiting with much expectation of a good report of the MRI.

There is a little song we used to sing when we got nervous about test results.
Whose report will you believe, I believe the report of the Lord. (Bear in mind my giftedness is NOT singing!)

It has been such a blessing to be on this thread. I don't think i could put it into words and do it justice...don't worry i won't sing about it. You ladies are just a blessing and i thank you for that. I look forward to hearing about you. I glad to be able to pray for you. I feel also very blessed that we are in a country that we are free to have devotional together without worry about being found out and captured. So tonight i say.
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He be gracious unto you and give you peace!

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 09-25-2008, 06:16 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni, you are so sweet. Your post almost made me cry and I thought I could hear you singing that little ditty in my head! Cute, love it. I love this place too......

Nana, will be praying and waiting for the MRI results. Also, I dind't know there were two kinds of Pap tests either. Wow, you'd think they would just standardly do the better one as previlant (I''m sure I spelled that wrong) as cancer is in this world today.

I didn't get much sleep last night either. I think when I stay up past midnight then I sometimes miss my 'window of opportunity' then I fight it all night. Was awake a few times.......

I do have something funny to share. You guys know what a dork I can be...well, this is really funny. I posted it to my dork sisters on the other thread...so I'll post it here too.....I'm SUCH a dork at times! *rolls eyes*

Dork story here....last night I was sitting in my big chair all cuddled up with one of the boys fleece blankies...wathching America's Got Talent.......I just know those two boys Nuttin But Strings are gonna win. I asked dh if they won, would he take me to Vegas to see them....I'd go for sure! They are awesome....so I was sitting in my chair and felt a bug crawling down my shirt.....right where my bosom is. So, I grabbed it and tossed it across teh room...but it squshed all over...I mean ALL over...dark brown stuff all over my chest, my shirt, ewwwwww.....I thought I saw wings etc......so thought for sure it was a beetle. So, went to the kitchn to wash it all off. Had to take off my shirt there was so much gunk. So, I got it all cleaned off me and though if there was that much gunk on me there probalby is now all over the carpet where I threw it. So, I turned on the light and went to get it. Found it and grabbed it with a washrag from the kitchen. When I picked it up I saw it was orange....and had a big M on it!! I thought what in the world kind of a freekazoid bug is that?? Then I busted (pun intended) out laughing......it was an M&M that had fallen down my shirt earlier (yes I was shoving a bunch in my mouth all at once...PIG), and it had melted and started to slide down between my b00bs and I thought it was a bug.....Bwahahahahah, Big Dork!

When I first thought it ws a bug I was jumping up all over and told dh a bug ws down my shirt. But when I got back to the kitchen and discovered it was an M&M I just started laughing...didn't tell dh the new part of the story...he already knows I'm a dork but I just couldn't bare to tell him....just dorky.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good day....I need to do 'school' with the daycare kids while the baby is taking his nap......

Tata for now!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning to all.

Beth, you are so funny - love your little dork stories. I think there is a little dork in all of us.

Not feeling well today - throat is really sore - yuck. Elee, maybe we can commiserate together.

Here is my contribution for the day.

Transforming the Task List

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31

What got you out of bed this morning (besides the lure of a hot cup of coffee)? If you’re like me, you finally pulled yourself out of bed because you’ve got stuff to do. In fact, your obligations for the day will probably end up being itemized on a list.

My to-do list is unapologetically low-tech. Just a small pad of lined paper with the date on the top and a handwritten itemization of things I need to get done before I hit the sack at the end of the day. I know that a Palm Pilot, a Blackberry, or even my trusted laptop could make my list look much trendier, but in the end a list is a list—a long series of items that keep my feet to the fire.

What’s troubling is that as I get to the bottom of one page of tasks, there’s often a note that says, “See next page.” And the scariest page is the one from yesterday that reminds me that I didn’t get it all done after all. It’s easy to begin to feel that life is only about “living for the list”! But if all of life is just about the stuff to do, it becomes little more than an accumulation of random, disconnected events in life. You climb in bed at the end of each day exhausted, thinking to yourself: There really has to be more to life than this.

The good news is that God has an overriding purpose for your life that encompasses everything on your list. When we put that purpose at the top of our priorities, even a day with an incomplete task list can be a smashingly significant, successful day. Are you ready to find out what it is?

God’s purpose for you is that you live to glorify Him. Not that you stop doing the list thing, but that everything on your list can be done to His glory. It’s just that simple. Glorifying God in all we do takes us beyond the routine of “just getting things done.” It fills the stuff on the list with a new sense of significance and in the end leaves us feeling that even the smallest task is significant. Getting the right degree, finding the right job, making lots of money, or landing a meaningful relationship is no longer the end game. Thankfully so, those kinds of pursuits left to themselves soon run out of gas. But getting a degree (or doing any of those things) so that you can use the degree to glorify God instead of yourself fills your life with a new and lasting sense of significance.

This is exactly what Paul had in mind when he wrote in 1 Corinthians 10:31: “Whether you eat or drink, do it all for the glory of God.” There is nothing in your life that can’t be done to glorify God. Living to bring glory to Him is the all-consuming, driving, defining purpose that God has intended for our lives. Glorifying God simply means to do all we do in a way that communicates the attitudes and actions of God. It is filling life with His presence. When others see His mercy, justice, grace, love, tolerance, generosity, and humility in everything we do, they are seeing the glory of God through our lives. And tactfully giving Him the credit for all our accomplishments focuses the spotlight and applause on the right person.

Let’s face it—our lists are here to stay! Let’s make something of them. Do it all to show your world what God is like!

OUR JOURNEY…

* Look over your tasks and plans for the day ahead. What priorities are reflected in your list?
* What are the dangers of being ruled by your task list? Have any of these dangers crept into your day-to-day activities?
* Consider one of the more mundane items on the list. What are some ways God could use that task for His glory if submitted to Him?
* Think of some practical ways you can submit your plans and lists to God each day. You can start right now. Take some time to ask the Lord to show you how to bring glory to Him in all your activities.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #85
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Toni, you are so sweet. Your post almost made me cry and I thought I could hear you singing that little ditty in my head! Cute, love it. I love this place too......

Nana, will be praying and waiting for the MRI results. Also, I dind't know there were two kinds of Pap tests either. Wow, you'd think they would just standardly do the better one as previlant (I''m sure I spelled that wrong) as cancer is in this world today.

I didn't get much sleep last night either. I think when I stay up past midnight then I sometimes miss my 'window of opportunity' then I fight it all night. Was awake a few times.......

I do have something funny to share. You guys know what a dork I can be...well, this is really funny. I posted it to my dork sisters on the other thread...so I'll post it here too.....I'm SUCH a dork at times! *rolls eyes*

Dork story here....last night I was sitting in my big chair all cuddled up with one of the boys fleece blankies...wathching America's Got Talent.......I just know those two boys Nuttin But Strings are gonna win. I asked dh if they won, would he take me to Vegas to see them....I'd go for sure! They are awesome....so I was sitting in my chair and felt a bug crawling down my shirt.....right where my bosom is. So, I grabbed it and tossed it across teh room...but it squshed all over...I mean ALL over...dark brown stuff all over my chest, my shirt, ewwwwww.....I thought I saw wings etc......so thought for sure it was a beetle. So, went to the kitchn to wash it all off. Had to take off my shirt there was so much gunk. So, I got it all cleaned off me and though if there was that much gunk on me there probalby is now all over the carpet where I threw it. So, I turned on the light and went to get it. Found it and grabbed it with a washrag from the kitchen. When I picked it up I saw it was orange....and had a big M on it!! I thought what in the world kind of a freekazoid bug is that?? Then I busted (pun intended) out laughing......it was an M&M that had fallen down my shirt earlier (yes I was shoving a bunch in my mouth all at once...PIG), and it had melted and started to slide down between my b00bs and I thought it was a bug.....Bwahahahahah, Big Dork!

When I first thought it ws a bug I was jumping up all over and told dh a bug ws down my shirt. But when I got back to the kitchen and discovered it was an M&M I just started laughing...didn't tell dh the new part of the story...he already knows I'm a dork but I just couldn't bare to tell him....just dorky.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good day....I need to do 'school' with the daycare kids while the baby is taking his nap......

Tata for now!
LOL!! I am ROFL right now...I especially like the "tata for now!", LOL! And you couldn't "bare" to tell him, LOL!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jan, I didn't even get those othe rpuns....too funny! LOL!

Caterina...hope you get to feeling better, sweetie! HUGS! Elee..how you feeling today?? Such good reminders in the devo today, Caterina. The first question really hit me....look at your to-do list...what priorities doe it reflect? Make me thing and really consider what I AM really doing!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Meant to say too, Jan, that I loved your tutorial with the Bambi's Dad card...just beautiful...and with my mishap last night with the M&M's, I really appreciated your hershey kisses! At first I thought what in the world does she use hershey kisses for on that technique.....that's different but if it has chocolate, I might as well try the new technique! Dork! I was on a roll last night I guess! LOL!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #88
Hardware Hotshot

Julie- will be praying for your blood tests.

Toni- wishing you some cold

Gloria- praying for you

Yesterday when I got home from church and was extremly exhausted form my first day back to work, I believe God touched Isaac's tender heart amdist Isaac's tiredness, b/c he was really cuddly at bedtime and I certainly needed that. He actually sat in my lap to read his story and wanted Bella there with us. Then I told him that I was so glad I get to be his mommy and he said that he was so glad he got to be my son! So, I started tearing up, but it melted my heart like butter.

Last edited by bostonstamps; 09-25-2008 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: i forgot a word
Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #89
Matboard Maniac

Hey ladies have been keeping up with the posts but have not had a moment to post myself.
Have kept you all in prayer. Am hoping for good news on the mri, and speedy recovery for all sore throats, caughing and stuffy heads.
Oh, have said a speceal prayer for Beth. The dreaded m&m spider can be so staining. Have had a brush with that one myself. How traumatic.
Please keep my sis in your thoughts. She is having a hard time right now. Insurance co. is being demanding.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone!

Beth I LOVE your dork stories. I swear this one had me laughing out loud. Too stinkin' funny you are.

Sorry to hear that some of you aren't feeling so well. I do hope that you feel better soon. I am a bit blue today...it is still hot here...105 is forecasted for today. I am just tired of it. I want cool weather, soft blankets, flannel pj's and to make baked apples. It is almost October for goodness sake!!

Well I just wanted to pop in.....

Have a lovely day, and I pray that you all have peace in your heart and joy in your days.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Wendy, that is making me get all teary eyed...sweet!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria, will be praying for your sis...that just is sooo difficult!

Hi Doris! 105?? I think that is just WRONG! I hope it cools down for you too.....It's been 83 here most of this week and 79 high today and between 70-75 for the weekend...now THAT'S my kind of weather!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #93
Pearl-ExPert

Wink i cannot stop laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post

Tata for now!

Beth... i cannot stop laughing...you really tipped my giggle box over...i do however think you and i are related somehow...

A week ago, i woke up, got up, went to brush my teeth, and my jammies are V-neck, well i got scared, it looked as though there was dried blood all over my chest...so I am freeking...could not find where it was coming from...well my ds went and bought eclairs the night before, i had a piece before i went to bed, and apparently dropped some chocolate on my jammie top.
I cannot believe i am posting this! I am a dork too!
Now maybe i can stop laughing a get to the mornings devotional.

toni
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni...that is too funny! We MUST be related...same dork gene pool somewehre down the line! LOL! I can see the freaking out you were going through right now in my head....I e-mailed my story to my mom, too, this a.m. and she replies back "LOL! yes, you are a dork....that's my Beth!" Sad to say there are wayyyyy too many stories like the one I posted. But, I'm glad I'm in good company here! The more goofies the merrier!

I really think God has a wonderful sense of humor, don't you? I mean when stuff like this happens and He KNOWS already what is the deal, it just makes me laugh to think that he is up there laughing too getting kick out of this goofy lady! He's probably thinking "Mere Mortals!"

Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

OOOOO, just got this in an e- mail from a friend...sort of ties in with Caterina's priority devo this am.....

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat
our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being
disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

Trust in the Lord and *ASAP (Always Say A Prayer)

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #96
Insane Embellisher

Margy, will sure keep praying for your sister and family and that things are settled soon for her.

Beth, got home from the nursing home and started to read the thread while we were making supper and just had to laugh out loud, and share it with my husband, it was so nice to have such a great stress relieving laugh since we are still waiting the results. Loved the cell phone comments you had.

The devotional really made me thing of ALL the lists I make all the time,( to do lists, Christmas card lists, Meal lists for holidays and etc.) and really need to add at the top of all those lists each time to read my Bible and pray! God really does need to be on the top of ALL my lists of things to do.

Hope all that aren't feeling well are up to par and now on the road to recovery.

Was so nice to hear of the cuddle time reading a book, I do so miss those days with my kids, glad I have grand babies that I can cuddle now.

Our daughter called this morning and told us last week she had to go and have IV fluids for her kidneys, she has Lupus and it is acting up. Please pray that thinks get better for her. Wish she would learn to take naps when the little ones do on the days she doesn't have to work and not worry about the house looking clean when her in laws come or we come over, we live 3 1/2 hours away so not much help to her like we would love to be.

So nice to hear from Doris, Wendy, Toni and everyone today and all that I might have missed.

Nite everyone, Gloria
Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #97
Forum Fanatic

Oh my goodness, Beth, that was priceless! As I was reading it, I read it aloud to a friend over the telephone; and we both loved it [she said hallelujah]!

Today is nearly over and I just wanted to wave a hello to my sisters.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #98
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Location: In my Happy Place with no one bothering me....I hope!

Good Morning Ladies!

Just wanted to post here to let you all know that I got on the computer this morning (real early....5am) and it is so odd that I hit the wrong forum button and I found this thread. Accident???......I think not!! It amazes me every day how our Lord puts us exactly where He wants us.

I only just found this thread so I did read most of this "new" one. I doubt I could ever catch up by looking back at the old one. I get so little free time without the kids or other responsibilities.

I should maybe just tell you a little about me. I have a wonderful, loving husband of 12 years. I have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughter. One is 8 years old and one is 15 months old. I stay home with the girls. It has been my toughest, but most rewarding job ever!!

I am so inspired this morning to have found all you ladies and read a few devotionals, verses and stories. I will be checking in often and hopefully posting and chatting up with you all.

Here is one of my favorite passages that seems to be my "go to" when I am feeling a bit "off"

Philippians 4: 4-9

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

I especially think of verse 8 when things start to bother me or I start worrying or getting anxious. It has helped me to refocus and get back to what is really important.

Have a blessed day! This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #99
Crimping Master

Opps, I lost this thread. Just could not seem to find it Finally, about 3 minutes ago, I thought to click on my own user name and find posts I have made. I am going to book mark it

I am going back to read what I missed. I was so very blessed by the posts when I found this thread and missed it, LOL

Sandy O
Old 09-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Welcome, jsbrooketrout, glad you found us. Thanks so much for your encouraging Scripture and look forward to having you here.

Sandy O, happy, too, that we have you as well in our group.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning from chilly rainy Reisterstown. Still feeling a bit yucky but my throat is not as sore as it was yesterday -- thank you, Lord.

Have a very major prayer request for a little baby girl named Giana who has been mentioned on another thread. This precious sweet child is fighting for her life right now in need of a transplant. The doctors want to do a heart procedure this morning but are fearful that Giana is not strong enough. Please pray for Giana, her mom and her grandmother. This is so very difficult and breaks my heart. Thanks so much for lifting them up to the Lord.

A devotional that will hopefully be encouraging.

Watch What You Lean On

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

During a ministry trip to the islands of the Caribbean, I happened to sit next to an unfamiliar attorney on a charter boat excursion. As we chatted, we discovered that we attended the same high school in New Jersey at the same time, with many old-time friends in common. I had told him that my name was Stowell. In the course of our unbelievable “we-have-so-much-in-common” conversation, he said to me, “Did you say your name was Stillwell?” I repeated my name, and he said, “Oh, because I have a client whose name is Stillwell.” I asked, “It wouldn’t be Art Stillwell would it?” He told me that it was.

It turns out that this man’s client was a man I grew up with in church. My dad was his pastor. Art Stillwell owned several major car dealerships in New Jersey, and this attorney represented him. That was the topper for so much in common, but for as long as I live I’ll never forget what he said next.

Reflectively, he told me, “I have no other client like Art Stillwell.” When I asked why, he went on to say, “When my other clients get in a jam, they ask me to do whatever it takes to get them out of their bind—regardless of what it takes. But not Art. Whenever I ask him that same question, he replies, ‘Just do what’s right.’ ”

That’s exactly what God meant when he told us: “Lean not on your own understanding.” It means don’t trust yourself. Don’t even trust your instinct. You might have an MBA or be the top performer in your field, or you might feel like you got a really bad deal. But unless you’ve actually taken the time to shut down your agenda and go with God’s, you’re on shaky ground. If you’re thinking of making a tough call or big-time decision without finding out “what is right” from God’s point of view, what you’re leaning on might just give way and send you tumbling.

Don’t go there. Watch what you lean on.

When you’re deciding how to respond to your supervisor’s latest directive or your financial advisor’s hottest tip or your boyfriend’s passionate invitation—do what’s right by doing what God says. Every time. Not only will it get you on track but someone might just notice how wonderfully different you are!

OUR JOURNEY…

* In what ways do you regularly bring God’s thoughts and guidance into the loop in decision-making? In what areas of your life do you usually go with your gut-level instincts?
* How can you begin to acknowledge the Lord in your everyday decisions?
* Take some time to read through Proverbs 3. What is the role of God’s wisdom in our lives? According to this chapter, what is the net gain of seeking God’s wisdom rather than relying on our own?
* Pray specifically about an issue where you need God’s clear direction. Make your request for wisdom as specific as possible, and then wait for His response.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #102
Crimping Master

Just read the past 3 pages

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I am looking forward to fellowshipping with you all

Girlie Wisdom...what a riot...I had to copy it and send it along to some ladies I know will get a laugh out of it, thanks for sharing it

Caterinafmig...Curiosity or Compassion...I had never looked at that passage that way before...definately opened my heart to how I look at people..., through human eye or the eyes of the Lord. I hope your feeling better soon...my DD stopped by yesterday with a sore throat. It isn't even winter yet!

Stamping Servant...I am so glad you were blessed by the post. And thank you for the compliment on my blog and projects. I am going to write about the split hoof at the bottom of this post

Bostonstamps...WOW are we close! How fun is that!!!

Gloria...I think this is one of the tools the enemy uses to prevent us from doing our devitions or being blessed by them. I have a hard time also and start my devotions (which are not as often as they should be ) asking the Lord to calm my mind and close my prayer closet door for me. I used to struggle with falling asleep, too...I found that doing my devotions on the porch or at the kitchen breakfast nook (on those hard tiny topped stools) help to keep my brain from thinking it is sleep time.

naner0331...I am truely sorry for the loss of your old friends DH...I know first hand the heartache caused by not witnessing to or those who have outright rejected the Lord. Remember, though, that not one soul will face the Lord with the ability to say...the opportunity was never presented to me. Having the ability to witness is a blessing the Lord bestows upon us, but those we have not witnessed to will not experience the second death because of our sin of not following the Holy Spirits guidance. He is merciful to both us and those we do not witness to. Thankfully the woman from your church has the comfort of the Word and her DH's salvation.

Robin R...HI!

Bethhartley...Toooo funny, that is something I would totally do (stuffing the M&M's in my mouth too (I am still learning "all things in moderation" I so would have freaked out, I more than dislike crawling bugs the Pastor at our old church asked what we won't miss when we go to heaven (or something like that) and I said "BUGS!" LOL~~Cell Phone vs Bible!! That is great, thank you for sharing.

Jantink..."you couldn't BARE to tell him"...too funny, what a quick mind you have!

jsbrooetrout..I came upon this thread this week, too! So glad you found it. I have already been so blessed by it and know you will too!

Wow, what a long post,
Sandy O
Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #103
Crimping Master

OK..I figured I would continue in a new post since the last one is so long, teehehehe. The 2nd part of last Sunday's serman has really been speaking to me this week. The first part in on my blog here if you did not see it (it's to long to re-write, LOL) A lot of you may have already been shown this by the Spirit, but those who have not may be blessed by it like I was.

Lev. 11 talks about the clean vs unclean animals.

vs 4 "Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the bests, that shall ye eat."

Some animals appear to "chew the cud" but are really not, such as a rabbit. Much like some people who read/memorize the Word, but do not take it into their heart and "digest" it. The tare among the wheat so to speak.

The clovenhoof is one hoof split in half almost all the way through, but still attched at the base. This represents the life a Christian is to live. Being "in the world" but not part of the world. We are to separate ourselves from the world and the desires of the flesh that the world offers to satisfiy. We are called to "...come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing" and live as "peculiar" people in a world that is not our own.

In this way we shall know the bethren, by the fruit they bare. There are those that memorize the word, but do not have it in their hearts. Likewise, there are those who live a sparated life (empty sepulchers) but do not even read the word. We will recognise the brethren when we see both. (Matthew 7:16, 20)

I will admit that there are back slidden Christians who are turely children of God. They may appear as though they are not separate, but when you look close...they can not help but hate sin and are not at peace with where they are in their walk. In the same way, there are many who live separate lives, but do not feast on the Word. When they do hear it though, they recognize it and it does digest, even if it is only a little.

So, I guess, as one of the devotions mentioned by caterinafmig, we should not judge where others are. We can, however, "see" the fruits of the brethren, if we look. Those who we can not be sure of, we should pray for...and be a living epistle for them to read.

hmmm...I hope I wrote that so it made sense, LOL. I just wanted to share the blessing I got from this serman, Sandy O
Old 09-26-2008, 06:12 AM   #104
Hardware Hotshot

Morning ladies! If you get a chance, remember me in prayer. I have my mid-year review that would've been done in July but I was out on maternity leave. So, I am going to ask for a four day work week. I have no idea b/c one of co-workers quit while I was gone and another one is pregnant. It's this afternoon. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #105
Matboard Maniac

Our daughter called this morning and told us last week she had to go and have IV fluids for her kidneys, she has Lupus and it is acting up. Please pray that thinks get better for her. Wish she would learn to take naps when the little ones do on the days she doesn't have to work and not worry about the house looking clean when her in laws come or we come over, we live 3 1/2 hours away so not much help to her like we would love to be.
Gloria,
Yesterday I was diagnosed with lupus. At first I was kinda scared but then I decided it was no big deal, I trust our God to know what is for the best. I was wondering why I felt so bad last spring and then I had all that trouble this summer. Vasculitis is gone, asthma under controll, arthritis is settled down for now, so now I have lupus. I need to go out on the internet and read a bit about it so I can ask questions next week when I go back to the Dr.
Welcome jsbrooktrout, glad you found us.
Beth I have gotten alot of mileage out of your m&m scare, take care I sure appreceiate your stories, you are so good.
Everyone I just love you all.
Caterina hope you are better.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #106
Insane Embellisher

Margy, so sorry to hear you also have Lupus. Our daughter has had it for a number of years that she knows of but really think it was years before that it started, since she was so tried all the time and when she would drive home to visit she would spend most of the time sleeping. I know she has read a lot about it, when I talk to her will ask her if she knows any of the sites that were really good. I know I have the Mayo Clinic news letter each week and they have a place you can look up about any and everything. If you haven't heard of it people from all over the world go there, its in Rochester Minn. and I believe they have one or two new clinics also now. I know my daughter told me when you get though your "change" it is suppose to let up. She is only 43 so has a ways to go. Will think of you when I pray for her. Gloria
Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Marge and Gloria, we have a very dear friend who used to be our associate pastor who has lupus. Not all that knowledgeable about the disease except that he is unable to work and does not have many good days. His sister had the disease as well and went home to be with the Lord a few years ago.

So very sorry for all the struggles but pray for God's grace, mercy and healing to flow abundantly.

It will be so wonderful to be pain free with no sickness, sadness or trouble in heaven and to spend all eternity with the Lord.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #108
Insane Embellisher

jsbrooketrout, WELCOME! I loved your devotion on Philippians , what a surprise when I went to mark it in my Bible to find I had already marked it... Now I just have to remember to go there often and read and use it!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #109
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, thank you also for your devotion, I am off to now to read Proverbs! Hope you are feeling better. Gloria
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to StephStamps1982 Send a message via Skype™ to StephStamps1982

Wow! I haven't been over to check in for awhile...nothing really new here though...I feel like I have been running for two weeks straight...Christina has adjusted to preschool...though she often whines about not wanting to go in the mornings...she's fine once we get there...I have had almost no time for stamping and needless to say...I have been exhausted! Heather is doing very well in school and has a best friend...I think it's cute...they've known eachother since last year and it just warms my heart to think that my little girl has her very own best friend...the two I have mean so much to me...I went back to ladies bible study on Wed...I tell ya, it's so nice to be back in that group...I missed it so much! Well, there's really not that much going on here...but I needed to check in and let you all know that I'm still around...jst really busy with life...I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful day! Happy Stampin! God Bless!

Stephanie

~
Proud Mom & Army Wife ~

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Stuff I've Stamped

Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #111
Insane Embellisher

Margy, just checked out the Mayo Clinic web site and they have a lot of info on Lupus. Go under diseases and they go under L. Hope this helps. Gloria
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #112
Forum Fanatic

Wendy, praying for favor during your review time, that your supervisor sees what a valuable employee you are and knows you will be more on task with one more day with Bella each week.

A big HELLO to Sandy and jsbrooketrout [must find something shorter to call u] and to Steph of Renton too since long time no see.

Margy, I wanna be like you! The faith and trust you display in our Lord is so delightful. You are on my regular prayer list as you minister here, and I will add control of lupus symptoms too.

Interesting that Philippians has been discussed over the last couple of days. Our pastor is teaching through it and we are in a series within a series. He is tackling as least part of chapter 4 as "A Perscription for Happiness". Last week we cover vv 8-9 [8 being one of my life verses]. This will be week four and they have all provided action items for me to apply in my life.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #113
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Wendy, praying for favor during your review time, that your supervisor sees what a valuable employee you are and knows you will be more on task with one more day with Bella each week.

A big HELLO to Sandy and jsbrooketrout [must find something shorter to call u] and to Steph of Renton too since long time no see.

Margy, I wanna be like you! The faith and trust you display in our Lord is so delightful. You are on my regular prayer list as you minister here, and I will add control of lupus symptoms too.

Interesting that Philippians has been discussed over the last couple of days. Our pastor is teaching through it and we are in a series within a series. He is tackling as least part of chapter 4 as "A Perscription for Happiness". Last week we cover vv 8-9 [8 being one of my life verses]. This will be week four and they have all provided action items for me to apply in my life.

Thanks, Elee! You're the best!

Margy, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Hopefully, an effective treatment plan can made for you. Will be praying for you.

And welcome as well to sandy and jsbrooketrout!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #114
Pearl-ExPert

First off Good Morning and blessings to you all.

Welcome jsbrooketrout...i know when i stumbled onto this thread it was a Godincidence!

Well, my devo this morning went right along with Caterina's...

We live by faith, not by sight. (2Corinth. 5:7)

As believers we live by faith, not by sight- God never wants us to live by our feelings. He wants us to face the facts, and live by His truth.

Feelings are uncertain and change from minute to minute if you are anything like me. As I write to you this morning the tremor in my left hand is acting up and causing me to type incorrectly. That can make me feel angry or inadequate. Or if the pain i experience is so bad I cannot focus on anything except myself. I try and choose to believe the truth and not the feelings.
That i am chosen, blessed, forgiven, adopted into His family, loved, and am I the apple of His eye.....
(This reminds me of YILM, well it is because He loved me first).tee- hee!

God's truth never changes, the the Rock of Ages Himself, the same yesterday and today and forever (heb:13:

When darkness veils His lovely face
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every strong and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

toni
Old 09-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

sorry, my last scripture reference was Hebrews 13:8....I thought i caught all my flippity floops.

BTW: I am praying for all those that are battling an illness right now.
Praise for those that are feeling better.

toni
Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #116
Insane Embellisher

Just had to share, just got the invitation to my sisters wedding and..... its in a Lutheran Church with the reception there to ! God is answering prayers! Gloria
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #117
Pearl-ExPert

Margy, I am very sorry to hear about your DX of Lupus...
From Elee's post you sound like an extrodinary women of faith. I trust that you will find the treatment you need. My prayers are with you.

toni
Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Oh my goodness, Beth, that was priceless! As I was reading it, I read it aloud to a friend over the telephone; and we both loved it [she said hallelujah]!

Today is nearly over and I just wanted to wave a hello to my sisters.
Hehehehe, that is funny...Hallelujah!!! Made me laugh!

Nana, you know I will be praying for your dd. That can be so hard to deal with ..bless her heart.

I'm getting caught up here so bare with me..or bear with me...hehehehe, wouldn't want you all to run around nekked on account of me!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

HI Sandy O...glad you found us again.....yippy! I enjoyed your 'long 'posts that were not that long at all. Thanks for the insights about the different hooves and the comparisons. That was interesting and I don't think I'd heard of that before.

Welcome jsbrooktrout. I appreciate your verse you posted too. The part about 'let your gentleness be evident to all'. There are so many times that I loose my patience with my boys and I'm sure I"m not gentle with my words or actions. I know I can be harsh at times. I'd never notiiced that part of those verses before...I guess I really needed to hear it.

Caterina...that was a great devo too...Just do what is right. Shouldn't that be all our motos??? I will be praying for that dear little girl too. Reminds me to ask you to pray for a family here that is in our country with Samaratain's Purse Ministry. Part of their ministry is to help children in other countries who have heart defects to get the help and surgeries they need. There is a 16 mo. girl here with her mother. They went to the doc on Tuesday and the little one is not strong enough to go through the surgery. She will likely die without it, and willl not make it through it if they try to do the surgery. We are all praying for a miracle. Very similary story to Giana that you posted about. Will pray for both of these little darlings.

Margy...I'm so sorry about the lupus dx. But, now that you know what it is, it can be somewhat treated and managed for you. I'm not that familar with it either much but will pray for you, my friend! Keep us posted so we can pray for specifics if you don't mind.

Wendy, how did it go today at work?

Toni...hey friend. Nice to see you here again. I lvoe that song...

And, Steph...so glad the girls are doing well. You are busy busy now, huh? Glad the bible study is going so well too...that's great news!

Elee...I know you posted about your hands and dry skin a few weeks back...is that all better now??

Well, it's flag football in the morning for 3 hours, then my inlaws will be back in town for Sat/Sunday....I got a 12 card order along with a monogrammed stationary packet order today from one of my mom's friends. That will keep me busy for a few days in the card area.

Hope you all have a blessed Saturday. I''m sure I'll be back on here sometime this weekend.

Hugs to you all!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #120
Insane Embellisher

Hello sisters, Both I and my husband will need all the prayers you can spare in the months and weeks ahead.I called the DR, about the MRI this afternoon, how do I say it other then its back.........../the MRI showed two spots sounds like the bass of the neck by his spine, won't really know anything until he talks to radiology and the Dr that will be doing the surgery, I am thinking it will be maybe a neuro but it hasn't said anything, we get the info on Monday and then will let you all know.

I was so sure the way the DR talked it was going to be fine, so tonight i am having some trouble teary eyes, and just plan shaking in side, not being able to focus and feel like just running.Please pray not only for the DR taking care of Pete, angels around him but all the strength I need to be brave to help him though the days ahead. I love him so very much. I am just so plain scared of what lyes ahead for him.

I do know one thing everyone that has some one special take the time every day to hold them, and tell them they are loved! I now hate to think of the days in 45 years we wasted being mad at each other over something dumb.
Will let you go but wanted you to know what is going on. Prayers for all of you with difficulty to .

May our God, continue to be with each and everyone of us
for all our days on earth and then in heaven.Gloria