Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie..hope ds has a better night tonight...poor thing. Barfy ickies are ICKY!

Hi Sandy O and Leah....glad you are posting here! Hi Rita dahling.....nice to see you too! Hi PolarBear too!! Oh, just realized, again I'm sure, that you are in Charlotte. My bro and sil live there and we were there this summer....we shoulda hooked up!

Jan, thanks for posting The Tearing Edge....I'm gonna go back and read it again. I think I didn't catch it all the first time...jus a few chapters....You really do need to publish it, you know!

Naner Elaine...how fun about the Cuttlebug....yeah, our Michaels does the same thing with their CB's and some of the alphabet dies. And,wow on more discounts at HL. We don't have on here...boohoo!

Hi Wendykins! I struggle with carving out that quiet time every day, too, for devotions. I know I get alot just from reading this thread and dh and I listen to our local Christian radio in the morning while we are showering and getting ready. Sort of sets the tone for the day, ya know! I should use daycare naptime cuz it's a 2 hour built in quiet time...so sometimes I get some stuff done then. But, it is heard. I think God knows how busy we mama's are and that we take our prayer time/quiet time where/when we can get it. I've had some of the best quiet times in the shower...amazing what God brings to my mind to pray about some mornings!

Okay, I think the Cuttlebug and Big Shot are similar, right? The Cuttlebug is a machine that you can roll stuff through to diecut or dry emboss. You can also use nestabilities in the CB....and I think the Big Shot too. I'm not as familiar with the BS as I am with the CB.

Check here for all sorts of things to run through the CB

http://www.happyscrappinscrapbooking.com

I actually think Jan posted that link a year or so back when I got my CB. I think I ordered it from there.

The Cricut is an electronic machine that diecuts. I dont' think it embosses...just cuts out. You can get cartridges for it that have entire alphabets/themes/pics (say Disney for example...theletters are like Pooh or something), put the cartridge in and make your selections. It's more 'high tech'...where the bigshot and cb and hand crank type machines.

Anyway, hope that helps. I'm sure others could add more detailed info but that's the basics in a small nutshell.

April....how are you doing sweetie? Any new news?

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to say but it's slipping my mind.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #42
Matboard Maniac

Oh my goodness. Good evening to everyone nebies and comfy sisters, here in this place I get peace, love and the word of our lord. Caterina the devo as always seems to speak to me. I know the lord is leading me through this thread.
And the shared info on all the latest gadgets! My dd has the cutlebug, she actually had it here at my house when she first got it, but I was paying more attention to the grandkids than her new machine. I actually forgot she had one. At club, [young dd is a su demo,8 of us get together once a month to stamp, and we take turns being the hostess.] we were talking about the various things you can buy now, and the "Big Shot" came into the conversation. Maybe if the 8 of us went in together we could buy it. After seeing what the cutlebug can do I would op in to use one.
Will keep all in my prayers.
Sis could use a few also, SS is makeing her go through hoops to get SS for her kids. The older 2 are adopted so she has to prove they have their own SS#. Don't really understand this but she is really upset. to add to her stress the ins. co is making her prove that dh did not commit suicide. I geuss they recently added to the life ins. policy. Any way I know the police are great with giving her copies of the accident reports, and they are looking into the guy that hit him.
Well I better get off to bed, 4:30 comes real early for me.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #43
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Hi wonderful women of God!

And welcome to the new subscribers! I try to post on here, but not as often as I'd like.

So, what's a cuttlebug? And what is the difference btwn the cuttlebug, big shot, and cricut?? I'm so not up to date on these things, but would like to put something like that on my Christmas wish list (but only if I get my little craft room cleaned out or I won't have room)!

Love Beth Moore studies! Our church is starting the program, "Giving Christ First Place" next Sunday night! It's a Bible-based lifestyle/weight loss program. I am sooo excited about it. I would like to loose about 30 lbs to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (DD is 3 mos) and then another 10 lbs to be at my wedding weight. I lost nearly 50 lbs after DS was born.

I just bought a new pair of running shoes and when I run, I like to pray and/or meditate on God. Some days it is the only quiet time I have. What do you do for a quiet time/devotions? Any fav spots? times? I still struggle with doing devotions consistently.
The CB was one of my better large purchase decisions. It is small, folds up for storage, a reasonable price, has lots of die cuts and embossing folders that are also a really good prices, and you can use other company's products in it too. Many of my WOW cards seem to have an elements from the CB.

Running shoes??? My you are energetic! I cannot remember the last time I ran any where. If I tried it, my body would revolt starting with my knees!

Hi to all the new posters and welcome back to a few of you that have been away.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #44
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by naner0331 View Post

Rita: Hi! Nice to hear from you. You are so right about how faithful the Lord is to us during stressful situations. I am grateful my Creator always leads me to a quieter place when I feel all jumbled around. And, YES! It is during those times when I come away feeling so strengthened by Him. PTL.

"Than Job replied to the Lord: I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." Job 41:1-2

Blessings!
Thank you for the reminder! I needed to hear that tonight particularly.
DSs future in-laws are really nice but seem a bit controlling which has been unnerving with all the closeness the last few days. Tomorrow regular life and breathing room returns. The entire thing is in God's hands, and if I leave it there my peace will remain intact.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

Looks like we have some newcomers...Welcome!! I don't get to reply every day but like to check in and read the devo for the day. I had a good week last week...got another shot in my lower back and it helped considerably. Now, I'm able to sit up for more than an hour at a time. Anxious to get back into card making and my scrapbooking...and hopefully get some posts on my gallery. Have a cuttlebug and love, love it!! Cutting nesties and using the embossing folders are my favorites!! Going to Bible study at my church tomorrow...we are studying Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss...it is great. I have done quite a few of Beth Moore's studies also and enjoyed them . Have a great day tomorrow!!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

I really love Beth Moore Studies too! I am on the wait list for BSF (Bible Study Fellowship International) My orientation is in Oct. it is a 7 year study...Gulp! pray for me for continued commitment.

Julie- hope your little guy is doing better

Sweet Dreams

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
I really love Beth Moore Studies too! I am on the wait list for BSF (Bible Study Fellowship International) My orientation is in Oct. it is a 7 year study...Gulp! pray for me for continued commitment.

Julie- hope your little guy is doing better

Sweet Dreams
He still had the fever when he went to bed, I hope he feels better tomorrow. It's cute, he didn't want to sleep in his bed tonight (even though it's completely clean) so he's camping on the floor in his room.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Had to post this for you girls.....I thought it was pretty funny.

Girlie Wisdom!

Women over 50 don't have babies because they would put them down and forget where they left them.

A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but doesn't really care.

One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of
chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today

Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.

I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers.

Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!

Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like..."You know sometimes I forget to eat!" .....Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and
my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!

SEND THIS TO 5 BRIGHT WOMEN YOU KNOW AND MAKE THEIR DAY!!!

LIVE SIMPLY.....LAUGH OFTEN....LOVE DEEPLY
Oh my, thanks for the laughs!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #49
Pearl-ExPert

Default thanks for the laughs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Oh my, thanks for the laughs!
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

ROTFL! i needed a tissue for this...and sent it too my sister! too funny!

hugs-

toni

toni
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #50
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
He still had the fever when he went to bed, I hope he feels better tomorrow. It's cute, he didn't want to sleep in his bed tonight (even though it's completely clean) so he's camping on the floor in his room.

My DS likes to do that too, especially for nap times!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Wow, we are already on page 2! So happy to have all the newcomers join us!

Praying all is well with everyone and you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather that the Lord is giving us.

Here is a little devotional from Joe Stowell.

Curiosity or Compassion?

“As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” John 9:1-2

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine. Arloa Sutter grew up on a farm in Iowa. One of her fond memories from her time on the farm was spawned on a cold December day when she walked out into the pasture and noticed a little lamb that had just been born. Its body was frozen stiff. Thinking it was dead, Arloa picked it up and carefully took it back into the warmth of the barn. She wrapped the little lamb in towels and then went back to her house. A few hours later she returned to the barn to do a couple of chores only to hear the weak yet welcome sound of bleating from that little lamb.

Rescuing that lamb had a huge impact on Arloa. It opened her heart to the call of God to rescue His lambs off the streets of Chicago. Arloa moved to Chicago and attended college at The Moody Bible Institute. She never went back to the sheep on the farm. In Chicago, she was struck by the needs of the destitute and poor—people whom, as she says, “are like that frozen lamb who need a touch of the compassion of Jesus to reclaim their souls.” After graduation, Arloa established Breakthrough Ministries, which is now a leader in ministering to the homeless street people of that city.

I lived in Chicago for many years, and I can tell you how easy it is to become immune to the countless homeless people on the streets—to pass by and wonder what went wrong without reaching out to help. Why is it that we are far more interested in the details of what, why, when, and where, than we are about how we can help?

When the disciples passed the blind beggar, their curiosity about why he was suffering outweighed any desire to reach out to him. I can’t help but wonder if they had seen him many times before and responded with the same kind of standoffish, theological curiosity. And when they finally got a chance to quiz Jesus about the man, it revealed that they were dreadfully out of step with their Master’s heart. In fact, they had more than just curiosity. Lurking beneath their question was a desire to know whom to blame for the problem.

Thankfully, Jesus’ heart was into compassion, not curiosity. Rather than analyzing the situation to satisfy the judgmental attitudes of onlookers, He marshaled His divine resources to reach out and help. Which in this case meant that the blind man would see! And to answer the disciples’ question, He made it clear that the man’s blindness was intended to provide a moment when God could be magnified through Jesus’ compassionate touch.

Jesus’ actions call us away from standoffish, curious, and often critical attitudes. Jesus teaches us that true followers never fail to be compassionate but rather constantly live by the motto: “What can I do to help?”

OUR JOURNEY…

* What is your first reaction when you encounter someone who is down-and-out? Is your response more like that of the disciples or of Jesus?
* Read the story of the blind man in John 9. How did the man’s physical healing eventually bring about spiritual restoration (vv.35-39)?
* It’s easy to go through each day with merely a passing thought about the needs of those around us. Ask the Lord to open your eyes today to give you an opportunity to see beyond someone’s circumstances to their need, and to extend His touch of grace to that person.
* For more information about Breakthrough Ministries, take a look at their Web site: www.breakthroughministries.com. Find out if there is a ministry in your neighborhood that you can assist in bringing the hope and healing of Jesus to those around you.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva

It is about Lev. ch 11 which my Pastor preached on yesterday. It was such a good message, I had to share it. If you would like to read it, it is under the Scripture Sunday post from Sept. 21st.

Hello Sandy O .... I just took a trip to your blog - www.papertransformer.com - and read your Lev. ch 11 message. Not only did I receive a blessing from that post, but I spent some time reading several of your posts and enjoying your creative projects. Also, I noticed that you live in Hudson, NH and that was interesting to me since I lived near Concord, NH for 23 years.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulssandy View Post
Hi everyone! I did not realize this morning when I posted that there was a new thread (what a blessing that so many partake of the fellowship in this thread ) Anyway, I am reposting form the old thread just incase it was missed. I am going back to read some

"What a fantastic thread! I can't believe it took me so long to find it. There is no way I will be able to catch up, but I certainly will be here from now on So glad for the emails I get for threads I subscribe to. That way I never miss a new post

I don't want to rewrite my blog post from yesterday, it was kind of long.

It is about Lev. ch 11 which my Pastor preached on yesterday. It was such a good message, I had to share it. If you would like to read it, it is under the Scripture Sunday post from Sept. 21st.

In the future I will write about things here."

Sandy O
www.papertransformer.com
Hey!
i live just across the border in lowell, ma! My SIL lives in Hudson! small world!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
The CB was one of my better large purchase decisions. It is small, folds up for storage, a reasonable price, has lots of die cuts and embossing folders that are also a really good prices, and you can use other company's products in it too. Many of my WOW cards seem to have an elements from the CB.

Running shoes??? My you are energetic! I cannot remember the last time I ran any where. If I tried it, my body would revolt starting with my knees!

Hi to all the new posters and welcome back to a few of you that have been away.

If I tried it, my body would revolt starting with my bladder! LOL!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Busy day...had a few card/stationary orders.

Wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for each of you today.

Hugs and kisses and lots of thoughts and prayers!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #56
Forum Fanatic

Absolutely [and amazingly] loved my study of Leviticus!
Sad and yet still a relief to see DS off this morning.
I start a brand new women's home group tonight.

eta: I have a little sore throat from all the late nights. Please pray for me.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #57
Insane Embellisher

Well we got home late today from my DH MRI, seen the DR, a few hours after and he hadn't got the results yet so please continue to keep him in your prayers. He ( DR.) sounded positive that everything felt good and he would see him in a year BUT then got home with a message from the gentlemen that did the scan to call him, of course by the time we got home the office was closed so will have to wait until morning to see what it was about. Told DH I am betting it was to change the time , since they had called yesterday to remind us of it, and since he said he was calling about the appointment.

Welcome to all the new people in page one and now two that I might have missed!

Jan, I got started reading the "Tearing Edge" and want to read the "rest of the story", also your book sounds like one I would love to read, sign me up for the first printing!

Toni, hope your DR. appointment went well.

Sandy, Lev. ch 11 is on my to do list for tomorrow.

Julie, hope your son is feeling better

Beth, your "girlie wisdom" was just what I needed tonight!

Do others of you have the trouble to concentrate when you are reading your devotions and Bible? I try so hard but at times I find my mind is just running away with me. Both of us have a set time we read, right away in the morning after our walk, thinking the fresh air would help, but if you can give me some hints on how to do better will sure take them to heart.

Well it has been a long day, will go now and snuggle down in my
NEW flannel sheets I found today! and on sale to!!!

Sleep well all of you and talk tomorrow. Gloria
Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #58
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Had to post this for you girls.....I thought it was pretty funny.

Girlie Wisdom!

Women over 50 don't have babies because they would put them down and forget where they left them.

A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but doesn't really care.

One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of
chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.

I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers.

Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!

Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like..."You know sometimes I forget to eat!" .....Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and
my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!

SEND THIS TO 5 BRIGHT WOMEN YOU KNOW AND MAKE THEIR DAY!!!

LIVE SIMPLY.....LAUGH OFTEN....LOVE DEEPLY

Love this!

Comments: Yes, I would remember where I put my babies if I was still 50, but I'm not 50 any longer so who knows?????? Oh yaah, I always wondered about that box of chocolates & the weight gain. And then there's the little note about the fire thing...I can't really get that personal about such things.

I could add a few more comments, but I need to be nice tonight.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #59
Kookie Creator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post

ROTFL! i needed a tissue for this...and sent it too my sister! too funny!

hugs-

toni
Toni,
It's all because of that darn box of chocolates.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #60
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Wow, we are already on page 2! So happy to have all the newcomers join us!

Praying all is well with everyone and you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather that the Lord is giving us.

Here is a little devotional from Joe Stowell.
Caterina...just did not have time to read your devo today. I copied it, though and will check it out tomorrow...well, maybe on Thursday instead.

Have a nice sleep tonight.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Beth, thanks for the girlie wisdom - nice little chuckle.

You are not alone, Gloria, in the concentration dept. Reynold and I talk about how easy our minds wander during prayer or Bible reading. One of the things I remember when living in a strict Jewish neighborhood was how the rabbis across the street would rock back and forth when praying. Am told it helps to concentrate and have tried it and it does help.

Elee, sore throats are the pits. My dad would always have us gargle with warm salt water which usually eased the soreness.

Reynold has ten days left to work at the bank. He is so looking forward to retirement.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #62
Kookie Creator

I can't believe I'm not in bed! I'm usually tucked in by 10 p.m., but tonight is not a real good night for me.

On Sunday afternoon I received the news that an old friend's husband passed after a lengthy illness. Even though his death is a blessing I am deeply saddend because Tom might not have given himself to the Lord. Even though I know there is nothing I can now do to change things, I have been in tears off and on today. I would do anything to go back and take the opportunity to have shown him how easy he could have repented and been saved. Oh God, I have prayed for the last couple of days. I can't really explain how sad I am, nor how hopeful I am that he was able to receive Jesus Christ as his Saviour. I continue to pray for a sign from Jesus. Tomorrow afternoon I will travel to the funeral home to console my friend at her loss...would you all please pray that God will be with me?

We have another funeral tomorrow, too. An elderly man from our town passed on to the Lord Sunday morning. His wife is in my circle at our church. Such a dear woman she is and I'm sure she is sorely missing her mate of 60+ years tonight.

Whew! To bring a little bit of reality to the past couple of days I cleaned the house from top to bottom today. I scrubbed, dusted, shined, and vacuumed anything that needed it. It felt good, too, and now tonight I am so tired. Sorry I'm such a basket case this evening...I'll be better in a couple of days. It is a comfort to have all of you to "talk" to.

I spent a few minutes tonight checking out what is going on in your lives...so much busy-ness and so many of your posts are just what I needed to re-focus.

Toni: How was the doctor appointment? My annual physical is coming up on Oct. 8...I'm always relieved when everything turns out good. Hope you have a good report, too.

Caterina, Love your "fat & lazy" attitude! ME TOO!

Jan, Thanks for your Tearing Edge blog site...not a chance to check it out, but I definitely will very soon.

Leah, Hi! Did I miss welcoming you? Kind of sounds like you were here before. Maybe that was before I came to this thread. Hope you stay with us when you can.

Julie, is your son better yet? Praying for a full recovery.

Hi, Polar Bear! So blessed to have you join us! Welcome and hope you'll stay. We're awesome for each other!

Beth, I, too, noticed some stores do the same thing with alphabet sets and other expensive items...so very sad that some people resort to stealing. Just can't imagine that kind of choice. Oh, and, I too struggle with quiet time, especially for devotions and scripture. Why is that, anyway? He gave His life for me...why is it so hard to give just a little of mine for Him?

Hey, Stephanie...are you OK? What's up? Hope you are just busy with stuff.

Margy, You are so sweet and you really pushed my buttons with your post. I, too, am so blessed to be a part of this thread. Thanks for your reminder.

So sad for your sister to having to squabble with SS & ins. co. I'm sure she needs to have resolution quickly from both. Praying for her.

Oooooh...I remember having to get up at 4:30 a.m. OUCH! Sleep tight.

Elee, Praying for your continued feelings of blessing for your DS & his fiance`. Maybe your future in-laws are just a little unsure of how to react to this grand occasion...will be praying for peace and harmony.

Karen: Oh my goodness. You poor girl and your physical struggles. I complain of my minor arthritis and here you are getting injections for pain. My goodness. To be able to sit up for an hour and feel good about such a limited amount of freedom. You really gave me what I needed to see I have a very good life. Thank you for reminding me of all of what I have that is good. May God always give you the strength to be as brave as you are. Love ya.

Gloria: What can I say? I'm sure you are probably snoring away right this minute and I sincerely pray you aren't keeping yourself awake worrying about that phone call you'll return in the morning. I am praying so hard for good news from today's MRI.

One other thing, Gloria...what's concentration????? Maybe I should get some of that. And...one more thing! Can't believe you've already changed your sheets from cotton to flannel! I must be in the minority, although I have to say my DH would be so happy if I'd put flannel sheets on our bed. Never happen, though, as long as I'm the one to change the sheets.

Looks like I'm about done for the night. My eyes are drooping so I think I can now go to bed and sleep. Hope I didn't miss anybody. For those of you who haven't recently posted (like in the last day), I miss you and hope you are OK.

Good night and blessings.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #63
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:
Reynold has ten days left to work at the bank. He is so looking forward to retirement.
Caterina...do you ever sleep? I think you posted this about an hour ago, which means that would have been about 11:30 or so in MN. Whew!

I can imagine how you and Reynold are getting excited about counting down to his retirement. I remember how I felt almost two year ago when I was getting closer.

Sleep tight.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Naner, my sincere sympathies for the loss of your dear friend's husband.

Margy, how is your sister making out? Does she have a good support group to help her get through the grieving process?

Gloria, I with on the changing of the sheets to flannel - it has been rather chilly here in the evenings and mornings.

If I had my way, there would only be three seasons instead of four - well, maybe one day of winter at Christmas so it could snow.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by naner0331 View Post
Caterina...do you ever sleep? I think you posted this about an hour ago, which means that would have been about 11:30 or so in MN. Whew!

I can imagine how you and Reynold are getting excited about counting down to his retirement. I remember how I felt almost two year ago when I was getting closer.

Sleep tight.
Unfortunately, have very erratic sleeping patterns, it just goes along with all the other physical stuff. Sometimes I will sleep a great deal and other times, up half the night. The doctor gave me sleeping pills but really don't like taking them on a regular basis.

Tonight seems to be one of those wide awake nights.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #66
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Unfortunately, have very erratic sleeping patterns, it just goes along with all the other physical stuff. Sometimes I will sleep a great deal and other times, up half the night. The doctor gave me sleeping pills but really don't like taking them on a regular basis.

I'm up to, one of those nights for me also. I have a funeral to go to in the morning for a really good friend from church whose father passed away on Sunday. I must go to bed!! Will touch base tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:20 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Wednesday to everyone --

Joe Stowell devotional for the day.

Others First!

“Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4

I’ll never forget the time my wife, Martie, and I were traveling on a rather extended ministry trip that involved several segments to our journey. We were in and out of planes, and every plane was packed with people. We felt like sardines in aluminum cans. To make matters worse, our seating assignments had been consistently terrible. But on the last leg of the journey, we noticed on our boarding passes that we had the best non-first-class seats on the plane—the front aisle seats in the coach section.

We looked forward to stretching our legs and enjoying the flight home. As we checked in at the gate, however, the flight attendant looked at our seat assignments and promptly informed us that she needed to reassign our seats so that someone who needed the leg room could be in the bulkhead row.

My first impulse was to make a scene and demand my rights. After all, we deserved to have good seats on the final leg of our journey! But I knew what we had to do. It doesn’t take long to figure it out when you start with the question, “What would Jesus do in a moment like this?”

It was an opportunity to display an act of servanthood, to turn our focus from ourselves to the needs of others. While my demanding, self-serving impulses kicked and screamed, I knew that the Holy Spirit was pressing us to do what was good and right. It wasn’t a very comforting thought as I walked past the “good seats” and spent the flight with the back of the headrest in front of me pushed squarely in my face—but it was the right thing!

I wish I could finish the story by saying that, as a result of our gracious response, God let me lead the person next to me to the Lord, or that some other phenomenal, unexpected outcome had proven the worth of my servant’s heart. But nothing of that magnitude happened. I don’t even know if the people who got the good seats realized the sacrifice we had made, or if they felt grateful for their good seats.

But the issue is not in the outcomes but in the condition of our hearts. Maybe God knew that I needed another practice run at serving to get me ready for a really big serving moment in the near future. I don’t know. I just know that routine surrender is the distinguishing mark of His followers and that every opportunity to treat others as more important than ourselves makes us more like Christ. After all, He made the ultimate sacrifice for my place in His kingdom—to give me a seat that can never be taken away!

OUR JOURNEY…

* Read Philippians 2:1-11. In what ways did Jesus demonstrate the principles outlined in verses 3-4? According to verse 6, what rights did He have to make other choices?
* Think of a time when you were the beneficiary of someone else’s kindness. How did it make you feel? On a much larger scale, we are the beneficiaries of Jesus’ kindness. How can you express your gratitude to Him today?
* Ask the Lord to give you an opportunity today to display the heart of Jesus by looking out for the interests of someone else.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #68
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Oh that is tough-days seems so much harder to deal with on less sleep!
Have you ever tried Melatonin? It is an herb that helps me a lot. In fact, I actually read about it on here somewhere a while back and tried it. It helps me sleep when I am fighting a cold [stuffing nose or irritated throat]. It may help and it isn't very spendy.

Hope everyone's day is great. I am off to work.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #69
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
If I had my way, there would only be three seasons instead of four - well, maybe one day of winter at Christmas so it could snow.
I would be almost be willing to have only 2 seasons [fall and spring]. I truly love the rain and dampness. The colors of both seasons are also vibrant and lovely. However, I learned to appreciate winter since it kills off bugs and gives us our snow supply for water. Summer can only be appreciated for the flowers, dragonflies, and tanning. Although, I must admit, this summer was exceptionally reasonable since we only a few days that were over 85 degrees.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #70
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
If I tried it, my body would revolt starting with my bladder! LOL!

Well, I did have a "wee" little accident during my first (and only so far) 5K last September. I am going to start slowly training for some races next August and October.

I think almost everyone has had their mind wondering during devotions. When I pray, sometimes I walk around and put worship music on. Check out http://www.jasonupton.net/vision/ for my absolute fav music. DH and I went to college with him and his wife. He's the real deal. We played one of his albums while I was in labor with DD. Even the nurses noticed the peace in the room (which is what I was praying for - along with an easy delivery).

Sometimes I write my prayers to God in a journal. It helps me focus and clears my mind so isn't so jumbled.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #71
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
I would be almost be willing to have only 2 seasons [fall and spring]. I truly love the rain and dampness. The colors of both seasons are also vibrant and lovely. However, I learned to appreciate winter since it kills off bugs and gives us our snow supply for water. Summer can only be appreciated for the flowers, dragonflies, and tanning. Although, I must admit, this summer was exceptionally reasonable since we only a few days that were over 85 degrees.
I love the sun! so when I moved to Massachusetts, it took me a few years to get used to the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong winters. But, since it's a bit humid during the summer, the spring (minus the allergies) is my favorite with all the new life sprouting up. Fall is absolutely beautiful here and is my DS favorite so he can jump in a pile of leaves.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Well, I did have a "wee" little accident during my first (and only so far) 5K last September. I am going to start slowly training for some races next August and October.

I think almost everyone has had their mind wondering during devotions. When I pray, sometimes I walk around and put worship music on. Check out http://www.jasonupton.net/vision/ for my absolute fav music. DH and I went to college with him and his wife. He's the real deal. We played one of his albums while I was in labor with DD. Even the nurses noticed the peace in the room (which is what I was praying for - along with an easy delivery).

Sometimes I write my prayers to God in a journal. It helps me focus and clears my mind so isn't so jumbled.

Oh, that's so fun about playing the music during dd's birth. We played Fernando Ortega's stuff during ds number 2's birth. I wasn't that smart with ds #1's birth or else I would have played it too....just brings God right into the room...as if he's not there already...but it sure brought me peace too.

girl, you amaze me with your running! I'll swim or bikeride...much easier on this old body!

Naner....You expressed some feelins that a lady in our bible study group expressed on Monday. She got news that an old college friend of hers had passed away.....left a 2yo and wife. She was unsure if he was saved or not and she had been crying, too, on and off at what a poor witness she had been in college, and what if she had been a better witness then, maybe he would be saved for sure. Anyway, it was a good reminder to us in our group to always reach out to others and be a good witness as anyones number could be up tomorrow. Hang in there....I will pray fo ryou and your friend.

karen...sorry you have to attend a funeral too. I hope everything went well considering.

Gloria, thanks for the update on your dear hubby. I'm sure if the doc was really worried, he would have asked for further testing. I pray all continues to go well in that area.

Well, ds is going home with a friend today so I don't have to get to the busstop. Feels funny actually! Outta my routine, ya know. But, I do have to get these kiddos up from nap. They all fell asleep about an hour later than normal so I'm lettin gthem sleep in a bit. It's nice to have quiet during naptime!!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, meant to say, Elee...that I will be praying about your sore throat. Do you have any Melaleuca mouthwash?? That stuff kills everything! LOL!

Hope you get to feeling better and can R and R now that the guests are gone and ds is back to his normal stuff. I'm sure it was great to have him home but with so much going on thses past few weeks, normalcy sounds good, huh?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, DS went back to school today but I could tell he still wasn't feeling well and I felt like such a bad mom for making him go. And I was also upset because I had to give up another job (I'm a substitute paraeducator) I was called for yesterday and had to turn it down and I didn't dare take the job today because I'm not sure he'll make it through today. Of course, I realized after a few minutes that I was being selfish for moping about jobs, and that my son's health is much more important.

I could use some prayer on another front, however. I donate plasma on a regular basis. Today when I went in they wouldn't let me donate because of an abnormality in my last test. I have no idea what this is about but I know some of the things they test for are pretty major. They told me that there wasn't anything major wrong, they just didn't receive the results back in time for me to donate today. Still, this is wearing on my nerves, not to mention that I make $50 a week doing this and I want my money!

Again, thanks for the devotional, it is such a blessing to come to this thread, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

Oh, sorry about the book I'm writing here, but when I re-read my post, I thought I sounded like such a whiner so I'm just going to share something positive. I had a wonderful morning shopping and then lunch with my best friend. And then I came home and checked my e-mail and my nestabilities and embossing folders I ordered from Ritz Camera have been shipped!!!!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #75
Pearl-ExPert

hello everybody!

Elee- hope your throat is better.

naner- so sorry for what you are going through right now. I cannot imagine our precious Jesus does not come personally for another chance...at least i like to imagine that.

Sandy O- i stumbled onto your blog some time ago, I love it, glad you are here in this thread.

OK...all this talk about flannel sheets....what is up with this...today it is 105! haha! I cannot wait until it starts getting cooler, although 105 is better than 115. I do not do well in the heat, so i stay inside as much as i can.

My doctors visit went well for the most part...i battle some medical conditions. Well apparently I was not doing as good i/we thought, i have to go back and see the doctor tomorrow. I actually feel a little better today. Thanks for prayers and kind wishes

I have to get those icky injections in my spine to, well the nerve roots...so i know that can wreck your day...haha!

I loved the devo again today as per usual, a funny thing happened to me coming home from a prayer convention. the stewardess came up to me and said i am sorry mam we need your seat for this dog's kennel...i am certain the look on my face was WHAT?!?! The stewardess then brought me and my things to first class, for having to move me...i really did not feel like i belonged in first class...i am not a traveler anyway, and rather be with my friends on a plane. I was so uncomfortable i gave my first class seat away...now i am not saying that to boast, because there was a time in my life i thought i deserved to be in first class or on the A-Team, or knock you over to get to first class hahaha! God's divine pruning, through many circumstances, has taught me that i always want to be on the B Team. When you look at Jesus' disciples/friends they weren't big shots. They were
2nd stringers. And that is the team i want to always strive to be on.

Be blessed,

t

toni
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #76
Matboard Maniac

Subscribing.
I am going to try to keep up!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Welcome, Robin!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just a quick post to say Elee you are not alone with your sore throat. Woke up with one myself and not feeling too well -- hate sore throats.

Thanks for the sleeping advice, too.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Toni...where are you, my dear, that it is stilllll so HOT! Bless your heart. We have the windows open and I"m curled up with a blankie! Hope it cools down for you soon. So sorry to hear that you have to go back to the doc. Sooo not fun. Will be praying! Loved your little story about the plane and the seat. The B Team...that's a good visual for me to remember. Thanks.

Caterina...so sorry that you are feeling under the weather too. Well wishes an dprayers for a good night sleep for all you sweet ladies!

Hi Robin! Welcome!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, nevermind, Toni...I thought you must be in AZ and just hopped on your blog and sure enough......well, stay cool! And, being the dork that I am...I know I was on your blog before cuz I read all about your bil and I eithere didn't knotice where you were from or I forgot....probably I forgot!! LOL!