Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #641
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Beth:
Memorial service for "old" grandma is tomorrow (Wed):
www.legacy.com/can-edmonton/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=119568420

Memorial service for "young" grandma is Friday:
www.legacy.com/can-edmonton/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=119744691
Oh, thanks! Will be praying extra. Nice to have the Obituaries online....neat.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 AM   #642
Stazon Splitcoast

I posted this in CE on the McCain supporters thread, but I thought it fit here as well:
I heard a great talk on the radio the other night. I didn't catch who it was, but I think the host might have been the guy from Haven of Rest...It was about the election but it could apply to any situation which makes us worried, I think.
A historian on who was talking about how absolutely discouraged everyone was when Rome fell in the 5th century (I think it was), because it was the center of Christianity at the time and they thought it was a death blow to the faith. This was when St. Augustine came along and wrote "City of God" partly in response to this hand-wringing. This guy said that, in reality, we are CITIZENS of a DIFFERENT WORLD, and in a way it is better for our faith if we aren't comfortable in THIS world, KWIM? (I'm paraphrasing for brevity; he said it quite well, actually). It makes us realize we aren't made for this and long for Heaven, and makes us rely more on God rather than the country/leaders/etc.
I think that me hearing that program was God answering my question to Him about why He was allowing this to happen with so many prayers going up in support of McCain and pro-life people.

OK, I looked it up on our local Moody radio station, and it was the host of Haven but it wasn't the regular "Haven Today" program...it was an election special. If anyone wants to listen: http://www.havenministries.com/goingdeeper/362
The part I caught is towards the end of the program (after the 25min mark)...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln

Last edited by nottoocreative; 11-05-2008 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: add link
Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 AM   #643
Hardware Hotshot

I couldn't really enjoy my devotions too much last night b/c I kept thinking about what kinda world my two kids are going to grow up in. I definately am saddened about the election, but I take comfort in the stories of the Old Testament. The Isrealites lived thru some pretty brutal times and God always brought them thru. And, this has really made me think that I need to keep more updated about current events and let my elected officials know what I think (which is like a drop of water in the ocean).
Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #644
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
He has been hospitalized with a collapsed right lung. The ER inserted a chest tube and he will most likely need to be there for 2-3 days.

I guess it goes back longer than I really thought! He has not been feeling great off and on for over two months but never really let on how bad it really was. They were discussing how he felt kind of bad while DH and DS were in D.C. Even with it he has been trying to get his run time and physical training built up for the Marines-having his best run time just a couple weeks ago.

My older Marine son actually urged him to talk to us on Sunday. Yesterday we made a doctor's appointment; today he went in and they sent him immediately to the hospital. When looking back over a calendar, it is probable that he has had this since before Labor Day so now it is pretty bad.

On the x-ray it showed that his lung had collapsed down to about a quarter of its usual size. Right now he is very uncomfortable and will have the tube in for at least another full day. He has much mucus and fluids that need to be drained. We were told that this is a normal occurrence for tall, thin men; and it is even possible that it will recur [just like Margy said].

We ask that you continue to lift him up to the Lord in prayer for optimism and complete healing. He looked a bit forlorn and pained when we left this evening.
Elee, your poor heart must be going through some major stretching in the pain department. So very grateful that he is in the hospital and getting the care he needs. May the Lord heal quickly and give you His peace during the process.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #645
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
I couldn't really enjoy my devotions too much last night b/c I kept thinking about what kinda world my two kids are going to grow up in. I definately am saddened about the election, but I take comfort in the stories of the Old Testament. The Isrealites lived thru some pretty brutal times and God always brought them thru. And, this has really made me think that I need to keep more updated about current events and let my elected officials know what I think (which is like a drop of water in the ocean).
It wasn't until I got ill and was home that I paid any attention to any current events or give any thought to them. The world has changed quite a bit in my lifetime and it will probably get worse. This is a time for faith building (not exactly what I may like but it is a very necessary thing). Each time I feel fearful, I begin to thank and praise God for His sovereignty and for His watchful care over all.

God is still on His throne and in charge so we will just continue to trust Him no matter what and thank Him for ALL things because He will work everything out for our good. The Lord is faithful to His children and we certainly will be looking to Him in the days ahead as He draws us closer.

Some encouraging lyrics

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

My Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything i believe in
Now i surrender

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus
Old 11-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the words of the song, Caterina.

Wendy, I felt like you did too......woke at 5:30 and came down to check what was going on before I went to bed was really the same in the morning.....ack! Well, we can only do what we can do and lean on God always!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #647
Insane Embellisher

Elee, hope your son is doing better today.

Gail, thinking of you these days.

We all need to remember God is in control, so why are we fearful.... Doesn't he take care of even the birds of the air.. Lets just all pray that God is with not only our nation but the world.
Gloria
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #648
Dirty Dozen Alumni

This came to mind for me today:

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

God is in control, ladies!

One point I heard on the radio today was that the farther the world strays from God, the closer we get to Jesus' return. Now that's something to look forward to! Our hope is not in government or in one person, it is in the Lord. Rejoice!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #649
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
This came to mind for me today:

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

God is in control, ladies!

One point I heard on the radio today was that the farther the world strays from God, the closer we get to Jesus' return. Now that's something to look forward to! Our hope is not in government or in one person, it is in the Lord. Rejoice!
Amen! That's a good Psalm to commit to memory.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #650
Insane Embellisher

we read that together every night. It has given us much comfort the last month. Gloria
Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #651
Pearl-ExPert

Elee, I'm lifting your son up in prayer, as well as peace for you and your DH. <<<hug>>>
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #652
Stazon Splitcoast

Default why am I not that upset

Hi, ladies, I know it's late for many of you, (only 8:30 here) but I thought I would pop in and check how everyone's doing. I've been extremely busy, away from computers, TV's which is probably a good thing. Someone at my kids' school hurt their back so I've been subbing all week. This person does recess duty, so she can't really do that with a sore back and shoulder.

I'm really surprised at my reaction to the presidential election. I honestly do not feel anxious about it and I really don't know why. Maybe I'm putting my head in the sand, but I really do believe that God will keep supplying our needs right now. I also think that I desperately just want the divisiveness in this country to be over. I do not mean to say that I want us all to agree on everything, but just for the hostility to stop. I live in a very liberal area, and the hatred that's been spewing around here for the last eight years was just out of hand. I'm really hoping that I can read the letters to the editor section of our local paper and not see any more Bush bashing.

However, I must say that I'm very upset that our Repub. candidate lost the governor's race, I agree with our current governor on virtually nothing, and I really think the Republican would have done a great job.

Gail, I'm thinking of you and what your family is experiencing right now. It's a lot to handle, and I pray for your strength and peace through this.

Elee, I'm also thinking of you and hope your son is doing better.

Hope everyone else is well and happy that at least the election is over. (I can watch TV without political ads - yay!) sorry, I sometimes get strange humor when I'm completely exhausted
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #653
Stampin' Fool

The retreat was AMAZING! My roommates were godsends. There were 3 of us in a cabin room made for 4. The one gal had so much good counsel for me regarding family and marriage, and the other was our organizer who kept the room tidy and kept us on time.

Caterina-LOVE the song. It's one of my favs, but we hardly ever sing it in church. Thanks for putting a song in my heart.

Jan-Yes, Psalm 121 is powerful! We need to pray through it often, especially since the election.

Elee-Praying for your son. We've been studying the names of God in one of my Bible study groups. We recently finished the chapter on Jehovah-rapha, the LORD who heals. May He be evident in your son's struggle.

Everyone else...I'm trying to make it a priority to be on here more often. It's a bit of a challenge because DH gets ALL his news via e-mails and links now since we've stopped subscribing to our very liberal local newspaper. So, with that said, if I miss anyone in my posts, please accept my apologies.

Thought for the day (this used to be on a big banner in my classroom when I was teaching):
"What's right is not always popular, and what's popular is not always right."
(I think it sums up what we face and are called to handle as believers.)

Good night all.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."-Matthew 5:16
Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #654
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Elee - I'm continuing to pray for your son.

Thank you for your prayers. One service down, one to go. Now to write something to say at the second service.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #655
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning dear friends.

Elle, thinking of you and your familly praying for God's protection and peace.

Gail, there are not enough words to express how sorry I am for your losses. Please know we care and praying for God's grace to get you through.

Lisa, sounds like the retreat was a blessing.

Reynold has been sick for the last couple of days. He is in bed now which is highly unusual for him. Tried to get him to call the doctor but.... and yesterday, he was insistent on doing work around the house which probably was not the best idea.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought this was a thought provoking devotional.

Faith and Reason
Stuart McAllister

In many circles today, we are given the impression that we face a choice between thinking and faith. We are given the impression that somehow the postures of faith and reason are mutually exclusive. We live with words in our culture that seem to confirm a divide between fact and value. There is a real world of objective things, science, and hard realities; and there is the world of tastes, opinions, and personal values. The gulf, we are told, is real and to be held to at all times. This division is further reinforced by the notion of public and private worlds, whereby one set of values or criteria rules in one sphere and a different set rules in the other. And this is then often compounded in the church with the divide between sacred and secular. The language employed is one that clearly divides that which is deemed "of God"--preaching, praying, and evangelism--and that which is deemed of "the world"--business, politics, media, and so forth.

Within such a context, belief is seen as something mystical, existential, and defying rational boundaries or requirements. For the Christian in such a context, thinking, theology, and reasoning can be seen as unnecessary distractions to "simple" or "pure" faith.

Yet the biblical reflection of faith is quite the contrary. Throughout Scripture we are reminded of what it means to be made in the image of God, and what it means to live and function in a created order. God has given us various faculties that are the vehicles of our knowing and understanding. Reason, experience, and revelation are all legitimate means and provisions of God for us and to us.

In the words of the prophets and the cries of the psalmist we see many references to reason in relation to faith. The book of Job is an extended discussion on the "reasonableness" of Job's situation, and though reason does not discover a right answer and makes many blunders, it is not refuted in and of itself. The entire wisdom tradition enjoins the pursuit of knowledge and understanding as an expression of worshipping God. Nowhere do we get the impression of blind faith or esoteric leaps into ecstatic union.

Moreover, in the life of Jesus, the sound use of soul, heart, and mind is further exemplified. His teaching required careful listening and comparison, as in the Sermon on the Mount. He asked questions which were structured to require reasoning, such as in the healing of the paralytic. (See Matthew 9:1-8.) Even when asked by John about whether he was the Christ (Matthew 11:1-6), Jesus essentially tells John to think through his own conclusions, sending messengers back to report what they heard and saw. Christ's use of questions, parables, and dialogues shows boldly that reasoning is not ruled out of our spiritual life but is a central component of it.

Indeed, when reason and faith are set up as juxtaposing postures, much is lost. Authors R.C. Sproul, John Gerstner, and Arthur Lindsley describe the current divisions among us with a warning: "The church is safe from vicious persecution at the hands of the secularist, as educated people finished with stake burning circuses and torture racks. No martyr’s blood is shed in the secular west. So long as the church knows her place and remains quietly at peace on her modern reservation, let the babes pray and sing and read their Bibles, continuing steadfastly in their intellectual retardation: the church’s extinction will not come by sword or pillory, but by the quiet death of irrelevance. But let the church step off the reservation, let her penetrate once more the culture of the day and the face of secularism will change from a benign smile to a savage snarl."

In a world of many voices and demanding messages, faith and reason must be seen as interrelated partners and not enemies. The outcome of faith is a more complete understanding of truth than is possible otherwise. The outcome of seeking, knowing, and following Christ is a coherent and abundant life of which no mind has conceived all that God has prepared for those who love Him.

Stuart McAllister is vice president of training and special projects at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #657
Stampin' Fool

Woohoo! I got on the computer in the AM!

Gail-May God give you His words to speak and strengthen you in faith.

Caterina-Great devotional, TFS. (My DH loves listening to Ravi Zacharias-he does the podcast thing on his i-pod.)

Have a blessed day everyone!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."-Matthew 5:16
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #658
Hardware Hotshot

sending prayers for Gail, Elee, and Reynold!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #659
Forum Fanatic

Arrived here at older DS's just fine.
Younger DS is doing a bit better. The hole has begun to heal.
DH was told he has lost his job today after 13 years. Awful timing with DS in the hospital and the holidays!!!
Please add employment to the prayers for our family. Thanks you guys.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Elee, I'm so sorry. Will be praying for all of you.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #661
Matboard Maniac

Good evening all. Have been a bit stressed this week. Sorry mostly I had a complete meltdown on Monday. Talked to my supervisor Monday, I was a complete basket case. Will be seeing my doc on wed. and will be asking questions about memory loss and short term blips in memory. Sometimes I am not quite on task. If this is a symptom of lupus, then I need options. Have been better knowing my super is willing to work with me. I hate that I might be letting my team of ladies down. I have been praying and asking for direction. I think I know what to do, but then I am not sure.
Am praying for all of you and your families
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 11-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #662

Margy ... that must be scary. Praying for you, that God would give the doc wisdom ... and that you and your family would feel His presence in your lives.

Elee ... Oh dear! your poor dh! {{Hugs}} ... does this affect your insurance as well ... or do you have some other coverage? (would never have thought of that before) ... praying for your whole family right now ... that you would be able to let God carry through this difficult season ... and that He would guide you as you make decisions for the future ...

What does your dh do? Wanna move to Canada?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #663
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Margy, have had the same problems and it is extremely upsetting. Is it possible that you may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? That is what caused my brain fogginess. May God give you a sense of peace and also wisdom to the doctors.

Elee, goodness what can I possibly say - you are really being tested big time. It seems to me that there are so many people right now going through some pretty tough stuff. Perhaps, God is getting us prepared for something down the road because nothing that happens is accidental, incidental or wasted. May God hold you close during this time of so much uncertainty.

Btw, took Reynold to the doctor this evening. He was given some meds and pray they work. Have not ever seen him this sick and feel so sorry for him.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #664
Insane Embellisher

Good Morning All!

Just sort of a quick note since I should be packing to go to our daughters for the weekend. Her husband is going deer hunting and we get to go see "Elmo" with her and the munch kins!

No, news yet on our referral our family Dr. was going to work on, yesterday was a hard day for husband with it raining and sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. If we don't hear by next Thur. I think we should call him.

Elee, My heart goes out to you with the loss of your husbands job. I will sure be praying God sends an answer to our prayers soon for him. Glad it sounds like your son is healing and will continue to keep him in prayers also.

Margy, I hope you get answers to your worries about your memory. I know when I catch myself doing something totally wrong like putting something in the micro wave instead of the ref. I sure worry. ( thank goodness that type thing doesn't happen often, and it is when I am under stress that it does) I do know when I lost my hearing and had to get hearing aids he told me I had to learn to listen again since I had gotten so used to not hearing I tuned things out. Will be praying for you .

Caterina, How is Reynold feeling? Hope on the road to recovery. When you had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome what did you do to help your self?

Gail, thinking of you on this hard day you have to get though, hope you feel all of your friends here with you in thought and prayers.

Liza, your retreat sounds awesome! I would love to go on something like that some day.

Nanner, how was your wedding in Florida? Hope you had fun. Are you getting snow/ rain today also? Hope all your crops are in.

Hi to Julie, Wendy, Beth,Toni, and all of the rest I might have missed.

Hope all will have a peaceful weekend in body and mind.

Gloria
Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #665

Pray for my sis ... she's speaking at the service today and woke up with the 'flu. She flies back to Ecuador on Sunday afternoon. This has been a rough trip for her.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #666
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gail and Elee, goodness it certainly seems as though it is true when they say when it rains, it pours. That used to be one of my mom's favorite sayings. It is so comforting to know that the Lord is still on His throne even when we do not understand what is going on all around us.

Gloria, have had CFS for nearly 20 years along with other stuff and was bedridden for a few years. It has been a slow go but with proper rest, vitamins, and the goodness of God, am doing pretty good. There are so many people who are far worse off than I am -- especially these precious children who have cancer that God is using to stretch me wtih ministering to them, Makes my ill health a piece of cake.

Reynold is feeling a tad better so hopefully he will be on the mend. He left just a little while ago to tend to his vending machine business. Wish he would have waited a few days but... I am still unwell with headaches, nausea, dry heaving, etc. Called my gastro guy and he thinks part of it is my GERD so it is back to liquids once again -- not that I eat much solid food anyway. Each time I feel nausea, I can't help but be reminded of all these sweet children who have to deal with it all the time due to chemo treatments. It so breaks my heart.

All the very best to each of you and thank you all for your prayers and fellowship. You are truly a blessing.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #667
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, I just want to give each of you a big hug and let you cry some tears on my shoulder! Such burdens! I think of the verse in Galations I learned as a child, "Carry on another's burderns and so fulfill the law of Christ."

Dear Lord-

I come to you with a heavy heart today. So many of my sisters here on SCS are in need of your healing touch and mercy. And we all need more of your wisdom in our lives. And yet, I know, that you are at the very center of it all. You know all things and won't bring us to a place where you can't take care of us. Your mercies are new every morning and great is your faithfulness! I ask for healing for those who are struggling with their physical bodies, especially Elee's son, Caterina's DH, Margy, and Gail's sister. Lord, you know how much our physical situation can dictate how we feel mentally and spiritually. I pray for each person that they would recieve healing whether it be a divine intervention or thru medications/therapies. I ask that your glory would be revealed in each situation. I also bring you Elee and her DH as he has lost his job. Lord, you have brought me thru two layoffs and each time You have blessed me. You were faithful when I had none. You took care of us. You provided for us. I pray that you would bring such a shower of peace and calm for Elee's household. Let their thoughts be settled on you. Give Elee's application to substitute a special status that she would get calls right away. And as her husband comes to grip with his news, that you would give him peace and persistance. And help his resume to be seen in a different light. Thank you, Lord, that hear us and love us no matter how we feel. May you be glorified!

In your name we pray,
Amen
Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #668
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this.

God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially formed you to
go through it, not without pain but without stain.

-- C. S. Lewis
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #669
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!
I am holding my place...i need go an catch up.
You all were in my prayers.
BIG HUGs to everyone!

toni

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #670
Hardware Hotshot

Thought this might warm our hearts this weekend:

Last night Isaac asked me where God lived. So I told him God lives in your heart. He then proceeded to tell me, "No, God lives in his house. Jesus lives in my heart. I want to kiss Jesus." He then looked down his pj shirt and gave a kiss to his heart. "Unless we become like children..."

I posted that cute story on my blog, http://onepickyfamily.blogspot.com/
Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies....just popping in to say hello. I wanted to let you know that I am saying prayers for you all. I know that things are difficult right now for so many of you, but please remember that God is with us...and will help us get through it. Just have faith....

May God bless you all and give you peace today....
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #672
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Thought this might warm our hearts this weekend:

Last night Isaac asked me where God lived. So I told him God lives in your heart. He then proceeded to tell me, "No, God lives in his house. Jesus lives in my heart. I want to kiss Jesus." He then looked down his pj shirt and gave a kiss to his heart. "Unless we become like children..."

I posted that cute story on my blog, http://onepickyfamily.blogspot.com/
Aaaaawww too cute - what a blessing - thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #673
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, I will be praying for all of you going through trials right now.

Our school district only had a half day today, so it's been really nice to just sit in the house with the kiddos this afternoon. Maybe I'll even get to stamp! We have a fairly relaxing weekend (God willing) coming up as well. It's been pouring here, I hope it lets up a little sometime so my friend and I can go walking. I've been extremely disconnected from her (and other things) lately because of work.

Anyway, hope things start getting better for everyone.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #674
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleeK View Post
Arrived here at older DS's just fine.
Younger DS is doing a bit better. The hole has begun to heal.
DH was told he has lost his job today after 13 years. Awful timing with DS in the hospital and the holidays!!!
Please add employment to the prayers for our family. Thanks you guys.
Oh, Elee.....you are kidding??? I'm soooo sorry about dh's job. My goodness! Will definately be praying about tha tone. Glad DS is doing better in the hospital...and glad you arrived safe and sound at older ds's....have a great weekend!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #675
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Margy...so sorry things took a bad turn on Monday. HUGS! Hope the doc gets it all figured out for your.

Caterina, how is dh? So sorry he's been sick...my goodness....so much going on with all of us. Praying! Sorry y ou have been feeling upset in the tummy again too. You poor dear! There you have such a nice new kitchen and can't eat what you fix in it for a while. HUGS! I just admire you so much and your possitive outlook on life. Thanks for your encouraging words just by being YOU!

Gloria, nice to hear from you. I was hoping you had some news from the doc...but we'll just keep on praying and let God do the rest!

Gail, how did it go with the service and your sister? Is she feeling better? What a week......and wow, living in Ecuador...that must be an experience. Are they missionaries??

Wendy...there you go again.....got tears! You prayers bring such healing. Thank you for posting them and for being open to do that! I love 'hearing' your words to our Father! And what a precious boy you have.....that is just darling about kissing his PJ's. Too sweet!

Doris, your post was encouragint too...why am I just sobbing here? I think I'm PMSing and still feeling the effects of this week, and feeling heavey in my heart for my sisters here!

Toni...glad to see you, girl! I miss you!

Hi Julie...glad you had a relaxing afternoon. And, hope you got your walk in. Those can be so refreshing, especially with a good friend.

I'm going to post this then type up my little update on what's been happening here......been a busy week.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #676
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, had a few busy days of daycare after we closed on Tuesday due to the fridge breaking/my doc appointments and voting. Some of the kids that didn't come on Tues cam other day sthi sweek to make up their days. I have several parents that work flexiable hours but it did make for busier days due to a few extra kids on days when they normally don't come.

Two nights I hit the couch after we got the boys in bed and fell right to sleep.....just tired and I think I'm still fighting off this cold or something. Still coughing a little. But, feeling better since I've gotten some good nights or extra shut-eye.

Tonight the boys had their school carnival so that is always fun. I had donated a basket full of stamped items with the theme "Snow, Snow, Snow"...had a framed stamped winter scene, small scrapbook, set of 8 snowflake cards, misc. other Christmas cards, nugget tin, etc....anyway, I'm anxious to know what it went for and who won it! It was up to $35 when I left and we left fairly early. The money goes to the school PTO.

After teh carnival, we headed over to the church for youth group. Was fun for the kids....now it's quiet, boys are in bed, I've been working on my display board for the bazaar coming up in 2 weeks.

Well, that's it from this peanut gallery! Hope you all have a super weekend.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #677

Well, it's over. Mostly. Mom and her sibs will be cleaning Grandma's room and packing on Sat and Sun.
My sister's better ... looks like it was some bad shrimp ... and not the flu ... which was a good thing.
The service today was wonderful ... lots of tears as we remembered Grandma. Grandma's 5 kids, their spouses, and some of my cousins came over here after for an hour or two ... it was another chance to just visit.

And now ... it's time to get on with life ... as Grandma would say "You just do what you have to do" ... she had polio when she was three and ended up with one leg shorter than the other ... never really slowed her down until her last week or so.

My sis is never married ... she's a teacher in Ecuador. She has taught overseas for the majority of her adult life. She loves being an ex-pat and will probably continue for a long time to come.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #678
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Gail, thinking of you and pray God will now begin to heal your heart with the losses of your grandmothers. Btw, your grandma sounds like a great woman.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Gail, thinking of you and pray God will now begin to heal your heart with the losses of your grandmothers. Btw, your grandma sounds like a great woman.
She was. And very much beloved by her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
She became more than my Grandma, she was my friend ... a woman I could confide in, share things with, and listen to. I was blessed.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #680
Pearl-ExPert

Gail: My heart goes out to you tonight. Will continue to pray. This is a sad time and just no other way to describe it. But being happy with loving memories helps the sad too.

Dear Sweet Margy: I am giving you a hug right now. Take your time getting used to this whole new diagnosis, different symptoms go with it. I will share this with you only to let you know that you are not alone...this last April when i had to cut back at work...was because of brain fog...i couldn't remember anything...the harder i tried...the worse it got, the more stressed i got...and i am not supposed to get too stressed out. I am one of those people that is really hard on myself...i had to stop it. I also am one of the 7 dwarfs...they call me sleepy...sometimes are worse than others, i get soooo tired i feel physically ill. Here is what i do about the brain fog and the memory issues, My short term memory is what is the problem, so I do Suduko number puzzles...the easy ones and work into the harder ones. Also...my ds makes me repeat a news cast or story we just heard on the TV, or what just happened in a movie or show we are watching. It is hard sometimes, but really helps. I am praying for you and I know you can get through this...because God said we could...and i believe it!

Elee: I am so sorry about your ds, but glad he is improving, glad you arrived safely. My heart is heavy about DH and the layoffs...God does not close windows without opening doors. Your family is in my prayers.

Wendy: Your prayers always touch my heart, thank you for posting them. And the sweet story from Isaac. Melted my heart!

Caterina: I am sorry Reynold is not well...what happened, I got lost in the thread at some point?

Gloria: I pray all is well, you all have had plenty to handle.

Betharoni: Hi Sweetie! I am glad you have a day off. I hope you get some stamping done too.

I really hope i get some stamping done too...i still feel stuck.

Hugs and blessings to you all!

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com