Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #521
Forum Fanatic

Never thought I would hear myself say this but
Praise the Lord for telephones!
Great news, Doris!! I am so happy that you will be able to reach your mom easier and that she feels loved by your attention.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #522
Insane Embellisher

Doris, I am Soooooo happy for you and your mom with the phone!!! Just think we have had 13 pages and starting our14th page of prayers, and blessings with our group! Gloria
Old 10-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #523
Stazon Splitcoast

Doris, I'm so happy to hear that everything worked out with the phone and you can talk to your mom.

I hope everyone is doing well, I've had a super busy weekend. Our weather is gorgeous right now, so I've been trying to get out in it today. I'm also feeling just about normal now, except for a little bit of coughing. I definitely have my energy back.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #524
Matboard Maniac

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!!!
Doris---that is awsome, am so happy the phone worked out.
Toni -- happy you found a dentist.
Gloria--glad the doc gave good news, and your sis wedding was good.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
God Bless all

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Gloria, sounds like you had a nice time at the wedding and tha tyou are getting some good family time in. I think that's super.

Doris...I'm so excited for you....YIPPY! And, loved teh conformatoin you got at mass today with the sermon...perfect timing God has!

Okay, I'm off to the next page to catch up.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #526
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday Night eveyone!!!!

WE've had a busy weekend too....flag football yesterday morning...brrrrr, ws it cold out. I did get some staming done in the afternoon. Today was church andwe had a pitch-in afterwards. It's Pastor Appreciation Month so we all brought cards for our minister and family, etc...and had a good dinner. We ran a few errands, etc....just have taken it easy this afternoon/evening. I'm fighting a nasty cold...my head feels groggy and dizzy but that's normal for most days! Hehe!! Just tired and hope I'll feel okay for tomorrow's daycare group.

Have a blessed Monday.....

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I'm so sorry you're feeling sick, believe me I understand how you feel. I just hope that I'm finally over it and it doesn't come back. I'll be praying for you girl!

Oh, and Doris thank you for sharing what you heard in mass today. I can always relate somewhat to your relationship with your mom because my mom is also in her 80's. It must be hard sometimes for you to be so far away from her. I'm glad my mom is only 10 miles away, I cherish every minute I get with her.

Well, hopefully I can get on here sometime tomorrow, I only have to work part of the day so have a good evening everyone.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Sheesh, miss a few days and there is 5 pages to read! I didn't read them all, I admit, but I skimmed them at least.
Had a wedding yesterday and today I pretty much slept ALL DAY (not because of that)...like from 11:30 last night until 3:30 pm and then from 6-8 pm again! Then I spent some time knitting and finally checked in here.
I must say that the wedding was beautiful because it was 2 young people who have served the Lord for a long time and remained chaste in their relationship. I was tearing up before the bride even came in, with the music & the thought of it all. It was especially meaningful, too, because I am in a women's group with 10 of the ladies who were at this wedding (all but 2 of us go to this same church), and so even though I don't attend their church, it was wonderful to worship with them. Then we had a blast dancing and I am SOOOO sore today. DH said "well you were acting like you are 16 out there, what do you expect?" LOL
Gail, thanks for the tips and the understanding : ) Thank the Lord, my daughter still loves me even though I am grumpy and no fun! Isn't that just about the most wonderful feeling on the planet (next to God, of course)? I am not worthy!
Praise the Lord for the NO CANCER news! and prayers for the bad teeth and other illnesses...
I think I mentioned this in CE for the McCain supporters, but I think it's fitting for this thread: For those who are Catholic, Fr. Corapi (on EWTN) has asked that we all say a Rosary Novena for the next 9 days for the election (say a Rosary each day for 9 days)...This election has really been weighing on my heart, mind & spirit, and I must remember that God is in control even when I don't get my way LOL
Now, I think I'm going back to bed after a nice soak in the tub!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #529
Matboard Maniac

Our paster asked us yesterday to pray every day for our country. He said he thinks the world as we know it is at an end. Our lord will hear our prayers and know that his children still love him. I also recieved and e-mail from a friend that asks us to pray every evening at 8 mt time, you in the east would be at 6 in the evening, soo I have been doing that.
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #530
Matboard Maniac

Oh Bethie hope you are feeling better today, you too Toni, and Lynn.
May God Bless and Keep you

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in. Lynn, always nice to get an update from you and you musta been one hot mama out there dancing around like you were 16yo. That made me smile! Cute! Glad you had a great time at the wedding.

The elections have been heavy on my heart too. One of my dork sisters on the Travelling Dork Sisters thread mentioned today that she was goin to be off the computer except maybe just to chekc in shortly so she can spend more time in Bible study and prayer for this election. I think it's very heavy on everyones hearts......May God have mercy on us all! And, He will hear the prayers of the faithful!

Thanks for all the sympathies to feel better. I'm still feeling poopy but a little better. I pretty much hit the couch for all of naptime for daycare, even went up to my bed for abit while the kids were all sleeping. We are having leftovers tonight so no big deal for dinner. Dh just got home which is early for him so that helps.

Hugs to you all.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #532
Forum Fanatic

Default High Cost of Partial Obedience

Our pastor started teaching from the book of Judges yesterday. WOW-what a treat! The Old Testament always sets my heart on fire for God.

That we forfeit many of our blessings by not obeying God was the main part of the message. We need to treat our sins and temptations ruthlessly and instead we compromise.

Last edited by EleeK; 10-27-2008 at 04:21 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #533
Die Cut Diva

Default Praying for America

It is a comfort that so many of you are spending extra time in prayer for our nation, because my DH and I have been doing the same.

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14"

Blessings!

Rita
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, I could use some prayer for my oldest DS. I got an e-mail from his teacher today and I found out he's falling way behind in school right now. I'm not sure what's going on but I can't really talk to him about it right now because he's got a ton of homework and I don't want to disturb him. He does have some issues in school, he has Aspergers which explains his social problems. I don't know why he has trouble getting his work done in school because he is very bright, but it seems like something gets him off track. In the past he's pretty much been able to keep up even with his problems but he's in 5th grade this year and the work load is getting much heavier.

Anyway, his name is Matthew.

And I'm with you concerning the election, I wish I could stop worrying and just believe that no matter what, it will all work out. I'm praying for peace for all of us.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #535
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
It is a comfort that so many of you are spending extra time in prayer for our nation, because my DH and I have been doing the same.

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14"

Blessings!

Rita
And his Word shall not return void- Amen

Julie- I will be praying for Matthew the little sweetheart. I pray that God will give you one of those Golden opportunities to talk with him, to see what is on his little heart.

Lynn- Glad you had fun at the wedding the dancing sounded fun!

Beth- Go to the doctors.

I just want to tell you gals something, I want you to know how much i love knowing that i am being prayed for, and how much i love praying for each one of you and what is on your hearts. I know that probably sounds dumb, but it has been so much easier getting through things prayer powered. Beth already knows thism but last night when i got out of bed, i went to stand up, and there was no feeling in my left leg, i went straight to the ground...no warning like pins and needles or something was wrong....just didn't work. This has happened before. Well ds is a sweetheart, he came in and picked me up made sure i was alright. Everything has been fine all day, just a little weak. But good! I didn't feel sorry for myself, i did stuff around the house, rested when i had to. I had a really good attitude about it...God is good.

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 10-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #536
Pearl-ExPert

All your waves and breakers have swept over me. (Psalm 42:7)

They are HIS waves, whether they break over us,
Hiding His face in smothering spray and foam;
Or smooth and sparkling, spread a path before us,
And to our haven bear us safely home.

They are HIS waves, whether for our sure comfort
He walks across them, stilling all our fear;
Or to our cry there comes no aid nor answer,
And in the lonely silence none is near.

They are HIS waves whether we are hard-striving
Through tempest-driven eaves that never cease,
While deep to deep with turmoil loud is calling;
Or at His word they hush themselves in peace.

They are HIS waves, whether He separates them,
Making us walk dry ground where seas had flowed;
Or lets tumultuous breakers surge about us,
Rushing unchecked across our only road.

They are HIS waves, and He directs us through them;
So He has promised, so His love will do.
Keeping and leading, guiding and upholding,
To His sure harbor, He will bring us through.

Annie Johnson Flint

Stand firmly in the place where your dear Lord has put you, and do your best there. God sends us trails or tests and places life before us as a face-to face opponent. It is through the pounding of a serious conflict that He expects us to grow strong. The tree planted where the fierce winds twist its branches and bend its trunk, often nearly to the point of breaking, is commonly more firmly rooted than a tree growing in a secluded valley where storms never bring any stress or strain.
The same is true of human life. The strongest and greatest character is grown through hardship.

Streams in the Desert- Oct. 27th 2008

toni
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 AM   #537
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the devo. As always it is right on, Toni hope you have a good day.
God Bles

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hello, a very quick hit and run post from Kitty Hawk, NC. Not much time to catch up but wanted to share this devotional as we are coming up on the last week before the election. Our God is in control no matter what happens. As it is often said, we have read the Book and know the ending -- God wins!

Take care and have a truly blessed day.

VERSE:
The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the
wicked come to nothing.
-- Proverbs 10:28

THOUGHT:
Good news! When we seek righteousness, justice, holiness, mercy,
and godliness, our future is full of joy. Don't let the darkness
around you steal away the glorious dawn of joy that even now has
begun to appear.

PRAYER:
Father, please forgive me for the times I've grown depressed and
melancholy over the condition of my world and culture. Thank you,
dear Father, for the promise of victory and of glorious blessings
that lie ahead. Please help me keep my eyes on your victory. In
Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #539
Insane Embellisher

Toni, just had to write a quick thank you for the devotional. How true about the roots of a plant, may all our roots be deep and firm in our faith, so when a "storm" comes we can weather it.
Gloria
Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #540
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Don't know how much I'll be around.
Both my grandmothers are dying right now (literally).
One is 104, in a nursing home, shallow breathing, slipping away.
The other, in the hospital, on oxygen, tired of fighting. She's 'only' 93.

It's not the best day of my life. Really tough on my Mom & Dad. I'm just taking a break now from the hospital 'cos I went over in the middle of the night.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #541
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
no cancer!!!!! gloria

AWESOME!

PS- Yep, my name is Wendy!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #542
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Went to my sisters wedding today, it was simple yet so nice and so much fun. Was nice to spend time with my family. This next Sat. DH and I are treating the whole family to Pizza out to celebrate his surgery and no cancer. Then on Sunday we are to go down and spend time with my family before my brother goes back out west.Its our anv. that day (remember last month when I had thought we were only married 44 years and not 45!!). We are going away for a couple days to just relax and be together, just have to pick the days. All your wonderful words of praise for no cancer just touch our heart in such a huge way. It is so nice to have you all to share our worries with but all of everyones happiness to, we truly are "family" in the deepest way. Gloria
Sounds like a fabulous time.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #543
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post
Happy the Lord's Day everyone!

Well first some good news....I called my Mom yesterday, on her new phone, and she was just sooooo happy! Yep, the line did indeed get installed on Friday, and my Mom said that it was so nice to have her own private line to talk to us all and to be able to talk as long as she wanted. She was quite a happy lady. I am so glad that I pushed this...even though it wasn't easy. So thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on this. I think God was definitely watching...

Today we went to mass...and the first reading was from Exodus, and it spoke of how we need to take care of widows and orphan's. That when we do an unkind deed to them...God is watching and will punish us. But when we do good deeds for them, or the less fortunate, we are doing so for God...and God will bless us. Interesting huh? (my Mom is a widow....)

The gospel spoke of the greatest commandment "Love the lord your God with you heart, mind, and soul....and love your neighbor as yourself". Good words indeed. I think so many here do that every day with our prayers for each other, and our words of encouragement. Our deeds show our love of God....and I think he is smiling down on us too....

Have a lovely day...
So good to hear about the phone with your mom!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #544
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Happy Sunday Night eveyone!!!!

WE've had a busy weekend too....flag football yesterday morning...brrrrr, ws it cold out. I did get some staming done in the afternoon. Today was church andwe had a pitch-in afterwards. It's Pastor Appreciation Month so we all brought cards for our minister and family, etc...and had a good dinner. We ran a few errands, etc....just have taken it easy this afternoon/evening. I'm fighting a nasty cold...my head feels groggy and dizzy but that's normal for most days! Hehe!! Just tired and hope I'll feel okay for tomorrow's daycare group.

Have a blessed Monday.....

Remember how I mentioned that a family from South Korea in our chuch made us steak bulgogi last year for pastor appreciation? Well... I've been eating steak bulgogi all week!! and rice and fried veggie and dumplings! YUM-O!!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Gail....I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmothers....to have them both slipping away at the same time must be terrible. I am praying for ya sweetie!

Beth....please take care of yourself, and see a doctor. I am worried about you!

Julie....I will be praying for your sweet Matthew. I shall pray that the Lord shine on him, and help him with his studies.

Concerning the state of our country, ladies I too am praying. It concerns me greatly the anger and bitterness I see and hear in so many people. I am worried about our future, and that of our great country. I just pray that God will hear our prayers and help us all....and bless our great nation at this very difficult time.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #546
Hardware Hotshot

Dear Lord-

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your faithfulness and your healing! We give you the glory and the praise! Thank you father.
And Father, we lift up Julie's son to you. He is having some difficulties in school right now and is falling behind. Lord, we know you have a purpose and a plan for his life. we know you created him to be a man of God, wholly and truely loved by you. We ask that you would create in him a clean heart and mind to focus not only on you, but on the tasks required of him at school. Let not his Aspergers be an excuse, but a springboard for him to show how good You are. Bring peace and clarity into his life and to his mom as well.
We ask for continued healing for Toni!
And Lord, we lift up Gail and her family to you right now! You see how hard it is right now as both grandmothers are dying. Oh, the emotions! the sorrows! the heartaches! Please, Lord, bring peace to each person involved. I pray that if they are not Christians, that Gail would have boldness to share of you. And that if they are Christians, that you would usher in your Holy Sprit to bring peace and comfort to them. Give Gail's parents such comfort and peace and wisdom that they would know it could only come from you.

Thank you Lord for allowing us to connect here. Let us be a light on SCS.

In your POWERFUL name we pray,
Amen
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #547
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post

Concerning the state of our country, ladies I too am praying. It concerns me greatly the anger and bitterness I see and hear in so many people. I am worried about our future, and that of our great country. I just pray that God will hear our prayers and help us all....and bless our great nation at this very difficult time.

DITTO!!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post

It's not the best day of my life. Really tough on my Mom & Dad. I'm just taking a break now from the hospital 'cos I went over in the middle of the night.

Oh, Gail! That is so hard. I'm so sorry. You know you and the rest of your family will be in our prayers. So very difficult when it's both at the same time. Your poor parents. Ugh....(HUGS) and prayers!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, I can't read your prayers with a dry eye, sweetie! I love to read your prayers! Thanks so much!

Caterina, hope you are having a great time wiht you sweet Reynold. I bet you are! It's so pretty out there, isn't it??

Julie...will be praying for you son, Matthew. Ugh, that's so difficult too. I hope he will be receptive to what you have to say and that you can both come up with workable solutions to help bring his grades up.

Off to get some work done......

Old 10-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #550
Pearl-ExPert

Wendy....your prayers are a sweet gift and make my eyes so teary too! Thank you for the prayer.

Gail- I am so sorry for your situation right now. Strong is God's hand that holds onto you during this time. We all are praying for you and your family.

Caterina- Thanks for checking in, hope you are having a splendid time!

toni
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #551
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying and thinking of you Gail. Keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #552
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Dear Lord-

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your faithfulness and your healing! We give you the glory and the praise! Thank you father.
And Father, we lift up Julie's son to you. He is having some difficulties in school right now and is falling behind. Lord, we know you have a purpose and a plan for his life. we know you created him to be a man of God, wholly and truely loved by you. We ask that you would create in him a clean heart and mind to focus not only on you, but on the tasks required of him at school. Let not his Aspergers be an excuse, but a springboard for him to show how good You are. Bring peace and clarity into his life and to his mom as well.
We ask for continued healing for Toni!
And Lord, we lift up Gail and her family to you right now! You see how hard it is right now as both grandmothers are dying. Oh, the emotions! the sorrows! the heartaches! Please, Lord, bring peace to each person involved. I pray that if they are not Christians, that Gail would have boldness to share of you. And that if they are Christians, that you would usher in your Holy Sprit to bring peace and comfort to them. Give Gail's parents such comfort and peace and wisdom that they would know it could only come from you.

Thank you Lord for allowing us to connect here. Let us be a light on SCS.

In your POWERFUL name we pray,
Amen
I would like to add my own AMEN !
Thank you for the wonderful prayer
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #553
Insane Embellisher

Gail, grandma's are so special and hold such a place in our hearts. Thinking of you and your family and praying for Gods peace for all of you.

Beth, those colds and headaches just seem to stay with you, please see a Dr.

Toni, Glad your day was wonderful, I know you must have told us about the problem with your leg, but if you would could you refresh my memory?

Margy, How are things going for you and your family? Hope everything is working out.

Caterina,bet you and DH are enjoying the time together. We had friends that just got back from there and loved it. We have never got to go there but our daughter and husband won a trip for a week there a few years ago and want to go back.

Wendy, You have a special gift for sure with your prayers, I can feel such peace after reading them, thank you so much.

We have a family DR. appointment this Thur. at 2:30 to talk to him about a referral to see a oncologist. Since this tumor has come back now once we want to double check and make sure there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Husband is going though some ruff days with feeling we shouldn't have told the Dr, that did the surgery we wanted to see one, and worried he won't want him as a pt. any more. I told him I would bet if it was his wife he would want to talk to everyone he could to, and there are more then one Dr. that works with ENT. Right now he is so afraid that it will come back again in a few years, I want him to feel peace and enjoy each day we are given to be together.

Doris, a big Hi to you!

Better say goodnight, take care, and have a sunny fall day tomorrow were ever you are. Gloria
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Gail, grandma's are so special and hold such a place in our hearts. Thinking of you and your family and praying for Gods peace for all of you.

Beth, those colds and headaches just seem to stay with you, please see a Dr.

Toni, Glad your day was wonderful, I know you must have told us about the problem with your leg, but if you would could you refresh my memory?

Margy, How are things going for you and your family? Hope everything is working out.

Caterina,bet you and DH are enjoying the time together. We had friends that just got back from there and loved it. We have never got to go there but our daughter and husband won a trip for a week there a few years ago and want to go back.

Wendy, You have a special gift for sure with your prayers, I can feel such peace after reading them, thank you so much.

We have a family DR. appointment this Thur. at 2:30 to talk to him about a referral to see a oncologist. Since this tumor has come back now once we want to double check and make sure there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Husband is going though some ruff days with feeling we shouldn't have told the Dr, that did the surgery we wanted to see one, and worried he won't want him as a pt. any more. I told him I would bet if it was his wife he would want to talk to everyone he could to, and there are more then one Dr. that works with ENT. Right now he is so afraid that it will come back again in a few years, I want him to feel peace and enjoy each day we are given to be together.

Doris, a big Hi to you!

Better say goodnight, take care, and have a sunny fall day tomorrow were ever you are. Gloria
That reminds me, too...I heard something on John Tesh's radio show about how DOCTORS approach their own medical care. I didn't hear the whole segment, but I did hear that one thing they do is bring a tape recorder to every appointment! It wouldn't hurt to look into this information, but I would think that your pt wouldn't be offended by your seeking a 2nd opinion, especially with something so critical. If he IS offended, I'd say you need a new pt anyway!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post

I'm so sorry, Gail

Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #556
Insane Embellisher

Good morning,

With all/most of us worried about the election and the world in general I found this to be part of my devotion this morning and wanted to share.

John in Revelation 15:3 says of believers here:"(they) sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: 'Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.'" Looking ahead to heaven's eternal victory, the Israelites had something to sing about.

But they forgot. They let their present-day problems fog over God's long-range promise of heaven. They even let that fog cloud over the lovely face of the Savior who would lead them into eternity. The same can happen to me. Ahead of heaven's complaint window stands a long line with me as a regular in it. When I get lost in life's problems and sorrows, I lose sight of the eternal glory Jesus has prepared for me. When I take the long-range view, nobody will have to tell me to sing.

prayer: Lord, in all conditions of life, teach me to sing joyously because of the heaven waiting for me.Amen

Gloria
Old 10-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #557
Insane Embellisher

Lynn, thanks for your words, I agree a Dr. that doesn't want his pt. to look at all options needs to be replaced with someone that does. Gloria

Gail, thinking of you and your family this morning.

Gloria
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #558
Kookie Creator

Good morning ladies. I have been feeling guilty about not staying in touch with all of you; thoughts of each one of you flit through my mind so often. I miss your words inspiration and faithfulness. Every once in a while I take a few minutes and quickly scan some of your posts...kind of like keeping my batteries charged!

The combines are rolling, the air is full of corn shaft, the leaves keep falling, and mornings are usually quite frosty. Last week we had 3-plus inches of rain so harvest came to a standstill until Monday. On Friday we are flying to Florida for our niece's wedding; it will be a short trip, though, as we will come home on Monday. The wedding is in Vero Beach and will be beautiful, I'm sure. DH's son, cousin, and a nephew will keep the combine, tractors, and trucks rolling while we are gone.

I did read about Gail's grandmothers...how stressful for your family, Gail. May the Lord be with you as you go through the end of these two women's lives.

And, Gloria, how wonderful there is no cancer. Not so wonderful, though, to have your dh so worried about his doctor. Maybe the Lord has already taken care of the situation...like, if the doctor has a bad attitude, hopefully the Lord is working on him right this minute.

For those of you who are struggling with other concerns--"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

I have a ton of things to do today; first and foremost is to get going on an annual report for the church board I'm on. That has to be done by next Wednesday and with us being gone I just want to get it done and off my mind. I need to do a little "practice" packing...we are hoping to take only carry-on luggage to FL; I'm not sure if I can make that work but I'm going to try and make DH a happy traveler. I always, always, always overpack--want to see if I can only bring exactly what I need, not what I "want".

Well, the baskets of dirty laundry are calling to me. Talk to you all later.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #559
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Good morning,

With all/most of us worried about the election and the world in general I found this to be part of my devotion this morning and wanted to share.

John in Revelation 15:3 says of believers here:"(they) sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: 'Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages.'" Looking ahead to heaven's eternal victory, the Israelites had something to sing about.

But they forgot. They let their present-day problems fog over God's long-range promise of heaven. They even let that fog cloud over the lovely face of the Savior who would lead them into eternity. The same can happen to me. Ahead of heaven's complaint window stands a long line with me as a regular in it. When I get lost in life's problems and sorrows, I lose sight of the eternal glory Jesus has prepared for me. When I take the long-range view, nobody will have to tell me to sing.

prayer: Lord, in all conditions of life, teach me to sing joyously because of the heaven waiting for me.Amen

Gloria
As soon as I read this...a song popped into my mind....Let my Life's song sing of you!

toni
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #560
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thank you for your prayers.
My 104yo Grandma (Dad's mom) died early this morning.
The 'young' Grandma is doing slightly better, but has pneumonia.

Did I mention that I'm overwhelmed right now?

G.