Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #401
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Just wanted to post and let you know that the father who started the foundation in honor of his three yr. old son who died last month sent me an email. He is making an offer to me to get more involved in setting up a card ministry for the foundation. Please pray for me as this will take a great deal of time and effort.

Thank you so much.
WOW! Caterina, are you wanting to us to pray for a harvest a people to help, or that you specifically will be able to have time for this?

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #402
Pearl-ExPert

Beth!!!! I just looked at your new cards....WOWZER! they are beautiful.
Your orders are really keeping you busy! I am soooo happy for you!

toni
Old 10-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #403
Forum Fanatic

* stopping by and saying hi to you all-hoping that I have more computer time tomorrow *

Have a blessed evening!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #404
Matboard Maniac

Talking Good Monday Evening

Good evening ladies, I have had a very productive weekend! I built cabinets and drawer units to set up in my formal living room to house all my stamping supplies. My space is like a garden room with bay windows and has a lot of light. I have really lovely furniture in there, only no one wants to set in there but me and my little dogs. So I made cherry cabinets and drawers and put them along one wall and they look really nice there. All is set up and my room looks great. No one wuld know what the cabinets house, everything has a place I am so thrilled.
Caterina ---thanks for the devo about fear, I really needed that. Am so glad you had a great time with the kids, I just love mine to death, they are so precious.
doris--- congrats on the anniv. so sorry {{HUG}} you are having difficulty with the family. I loved the candle flame analogy. I will be praying for you.
Steph ---glad to hear from you, but take heart, your sadness will pass.
Will keep ya in my prayers
Elee--- will definatly pray for fil. Wow 94 and thinking of our lord, gives me hope for some of my relatives.
Gail,--- you have so many great Ideas on how to entertain kids.
Wendy ---congrates to sil. Hannah Grace is beatifull
Beth -- sorry about the headache, am glad your parents got to see your oldest play. I love going to the games and matches with my grandkids. Even go to the soccer games my adult children play. The church has a team andthey play other teams not all christians. But it is fun
Julie-- I think you are right about the giving us people to deal with so we learn patience and grace.
I keep you all in my prayers every day, I have been trying really hard to keep our lord always in the front of my mind. I work with someone who is very difficult. She has made it very plain, that we are not up to her standards. While at the same time not really caring if she does the job the way we like it to be done. Which is not to say she does it wrong, just not the way we want it done, for us. It is very difficult, not to join in when my ladies complain that the food and trays are not matching, for counts. She is very hard to talk to, and the superviser seems to think she is all that. She does have some very good Ideas I just find it hard to deal with her. I pray about it all the time, I always feel like I am not doing a good job. Well any way whatever it takes I will just keep trusting our lord. I had a good conversation with the school nurse about lupus. She was very knowledgeable and I really learned alot. So far I am doing just fine. I geuss this is just how it works, you do good till it flares.
Have a good night
God Bless

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #405
Pearl-ExPert

i started using a pencil and paper on this thread just now, because i missed something...Betharina I am sorry about your headache over the weekend...forgive me...i would have sung Psalms to you

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #406
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
WOW! Caterina, are you wanting to us to pray for a harvest a people to help, or that you specifically will be able to have time for this?
All of the above right now. The Lord has certainly opened my eyes to all the pain these poor children go through and their families. Had no idea the vast sea of children who are so very sick and dying of this horrible disease.

God has been preparing me for quite a number of months guiding me towards this type of ministry. Have sent out cards for years and years to people who have a need but certainly not on this scale. A fellow SCSer sent me a package of cards recently to send out and was so very grateful for them. Was able to send out 14 of them today.

Will continue to trust God to guide and direct in all of this.

Thanks so very much for your prayers.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 AM   #407
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is a devotional that hopefully will encourage.

Bittersweet
Margaret Manning

Generally speaking, I am an optimistic person. I find the bright side of bad situations, I see the world with hopeful lenses, and I go the extra mile to give others the benefit of the doubt in personal relationships. Now, this is not the same kind of optimism like Pangloss in Voltaire’s biting satire Candide. When the ship is sinking, I don’t believe everything will be alright, nor do I believe, like Pangloss, that the sinking ship is the best thing that could happen to me, just because I am optimistic. I do all that I can to bail out the rising water, even as I wrestle against the fear and anxiety that accompanies impending disaster!

Yet despite my generally optimistic attitude and outlook, there are times when I am overwhelmed by sadness. It may be a growing storm of weary longing or a tide of bitterness that sweeps over me, drowning me with a dolor that submerges my hope. Sometimes it occurs when I think about the ageing process and our hopeless fight against it. Sometimes it occurs when I am in the grocery line, looking at the baggers and clerks who wonder if this is all they will ever do for work. Oftentimes, it occurs when I cannot see the good through all the violence and evil that oppresses our world and its people. I grieve for those who are forgotten by our society--the last, the least, and the lost among us--and wonder who is there to help and to save them from drowning.

It is in these times that I recognize the role of lament in our lives. And I am comforted to know that a great portion of the Scriptures are in the form of lament, both individual and communal lament. Lament themes found in ancient Hebrew literature such as the Book of Psalms represent the deepest cries of agony, anger, confusion, disorientation, sorrow, grief, and protest, expressed towards a God who would listen and ultimately respond affirmatively to this emotional outpouring.(1) The prophetic literature, as well, contains some of the most heart-wrenching cries to God in times of deep sorrow and distress. One can hear the anguish in Jeremiah’s cry, “Why has my pain been perpetual and my wound incurable, refusing to be healed? Will God indeed be to me like a deceptive stream with water that is unreliable?” Jeremiah 15:18 In addition, Jeremiah cries out on behalf of the people of Judah: “Harvest is past, summer is ended, and we are not saved. For the brokenness of the daughter of my people I am broken; I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored? (Jeremiah 8:20-22).

As I listen to Jeremiah’s cries, I recognize that they arise out of a deep love for the very people he was called upon by God to pronounce judgment. As Abraham Joshua Heschel notes, “[Jeremiah] was a person overwhelmed by sympathy for God and sympathy for man. Standing before the people he pleaded for God. Standing before God he pleaded for his people.”(2) Oftentimes, my own overwhelming sadness arises when I look out upon a world that seems to love evil more than good, darkness more than light. And yet, like Jeremiah, I have sympathy for the very same people. I grieve over their self-imposed predicaments, their bad choices, and their selfish indulgences. As Jesus said amidst tears about the people in his own day, “If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace” (Luke 19:42). It is more than appropriate for us to weep and lament over the sin of the world--the sin that we, too, participate in and condone.

But beyond this, there are simply some realities in life that at times are overwhelming: the inevitability of ageing, death, and loss, poverty, hunger, homelessness, relational disruption, and many others. I grieve over those who find themselves on the losing end of things, who through no fault of their own always find themselves in last place or left behind. Lament arises from the despair of looking honestly at these realities for what they are, and wishing for something else. It is the despair that arises from not knowing what can be done or how to overcome.

Yet it has been said that “the cry of pain is our deepest acknowledgment that we are not home.” The author continues, “We are divided from our own body; our own deepest desires; our dearest relationships. We are separated and long for utter restoration. It is the cry of pain that initiates the search to ask God, ‘What are you doing?’ It is this element of a lament that has the potential to change the heart.”(3) If this is true, then sometimes my overwhelming sorrow, my feelings of bitterness over some of the harsh or inevitable realities of life are, in fact, the crucible for real change. The same waters of despair that seek to drown and overwhelm are the waters of cleansing. So indeed, let the tears flow, “for if [the LORD] causes grief, then He will have compassion according to his abundant lovingkindness.”(4) Let lament have its way of bittersweet transformation.

Margaret Manning is a member of the speaking and writing team at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia.

(1) Barish Golan, “A Look at Lament Songs in the Bible,” www.disciplestoday.org.
(2) Abraham Heschel, The Prophets (New York: Harper Collins, 1962), 154-155.
(3) Dan Allender, “The Hidden Hope in Lament” Mars Hill Review, Premier Issue, 1994, 25-38.
(4) Lamentations 3:32
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #408
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Alrighty -- it was eldest grandson, Alexander's turn for the annual picture 'torture'. Being nearly 10, he is not too thrilled but does it for his grandmother. Bless his little heart.

Here is the link.

To get started, click below and enter your Customer Name (CATERINA GROVE):
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.as...P0714100330JCP

or go to http://www.smilesbywire.com and enter the following:

Customer Name: CATERINA GROVE
Access Code: LTPP0714100330JCP
Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #409
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Good point, Gail!
I just find I end up getting frustrated because she just wants to watch what I do and climb on my chair and ask a million questions, and I just want to make a card LOL Really, "fun" isn't one of my best qualities --maybe I should invite you over to show us both some fun!

HA!! Sounds like my 3yo!! He does have a "craft bag" that is full of all kinds of paper, stickers, markers, crayons, glitter glue, glue sticks, ribbon pieces, finger paints, stamps, and stamp pads. He loves to sit with me when I try to make a card and then asks, "Why aren't you making a craft with me?" So I spend a few minutes on his and then go back to mine. It takes FOREVER to make one card. So if I have to do some serious card making, then I just wait until he's sleeping.

I think of my DS as a "stop and smell the roses" kinda person, one who enjoys the journey as much as the destination. I am, however, one who just wants to get to where I am going (think not so patient). It's been a challenge to balance that out for both of us.

For Doris and jkstieber (and her friend) and everyone else dealing with relationship issues:

Dear Lord,

We humbly come before you and lift up our dear sisters to you. You know the hurt, frustration, and anger they have experienced because of some not so nice people. We ask that you would give them each wisdom in their lives to be able to know how to deal with things in a manner that gives you glory. We also ask that your mercy and grace would exude from them like a perfume so that you will be exalted as they work thru the many issues they each face. There are others who want to hurt and destroy them. Would you please begin to work in their hearts and minds as well? Bring someone or something to help them along their journey to you. Let every woman who is dealing with relationship/family issues feel your strenght and presence in her life so that you can be with her.

In Your Name We Pray-
Amen
Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #410
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Alrighty -- it was eldest grandson, Alexander's turn for the annual picture 'torture'. Being nearly 10, he is not too thrilled but does it for his grandmother. Bless his little heart.

Here is the link.

To get started, click below and enter your Customer Name (CATERINA GROVE):
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.as...P0714100330JCP

or go to http://www.smilesbywire.com and enter the following:

Customer Name: CATERINA GROVE
Access Code: LTPP0714100330JCP

Very handsome!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #411
Forum Fanatic

My DH and I are always looking for ministries that are worthy of and fiscally careful with financial support. This one is one that I would highly recommend. One hundred percent of donations go to the people and ministry. I am looking into purchasing a block of the women's crafts to sell at our next women's conference so I can share their stories and encourage them.

http://www.rabunafi.org/node/9
http://www.farreachingministries.org/

Last edited by EleeK; 10-21-2008 at 09:07 AM..
Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #412
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
All of the above right now. The Lord has certainly opened my eyes to all the pain these poor children go through and their families. Had no idea the vast sea of children who are so very sick and dying of this horrible disease.

God has been preparing me for quite a number of months guiding me towards this type of ministry. Have sent out cards for years and years to people who have a need but certainly not on this scale. A fellow SCSer sent me a package of cards recently to send out and was so very grateful for them. Was able to send out 14 of them today.

Will continue to trust God to guide and direct in all of this.

Thanks so very much for your prayers.
All I can still say is WOW!, I have been made more aware of situations lately with Teenagers being afflicted...a young guy 15yro was diagnosed with cancer of the spine. I will be praying. I know God will guide you. And the Victory will be in His Name

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #413
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber
Oh, and Doris, your post reminded me of something the former pastor of our church once said, that God puts certain people in our lives in order for us to show grace. That's something I always keep with me whenever I have to deal with difficult people that I have to have in my life. Don't know if this will help you but it always helps me to understand these types of situations better.
Quote:
Doris, you are certainly not alone in your situation. When my mom was in a nursing home, it fractured the family. No one wanted to be bothered in anyway with her but wanted to tell me what should or should not do. It finally came to the place of separation with one sister and two brothers in order for me to do what needed to be done and keep them from 'blowing out my candles'. Had one sister who just stayed supportive but neutral.

God used that time to teach me a lot about my mom, my siblings but mostly about me. It was a tough time but grateful for the experience and how the Lord removed some more of the ugly stuff inside my heart.

Hang in there as you walk this path and know we are here to give you all the support you need.
Ladies, thank you all for your kind words of support and prayers. I think I have solved the problem....and feel really good about it. I have decided to put a phone in my Mom's room and pay for it myself....I actually called the phone company today and did it. I decided that I don't need their (family members) permission to do something kind for my Mom. Nor do I care if they think it is appropriate. If her nurses say it is OK, and she is excited about it....then just do it.

I think you are all so right. God does put difficult people in our lives for a reason. I am always asking myself....is there a lesson in this? What are you trying to teach me Lord? In this situation I didn't confront them, I just did what I thought in my heart was the best thing to do. (after much prayer, I might add) With this whole situation with my Mom, I have really learned a great deal about my siblings. I have learned a great deal about what they value in life, how they feel about my Mom, and also how they feel about me. And ladies, it hasn't been pretty. But I think God wanted me to see it. Probably to protect me from further pain later on. Which actually is a good thing. It has made my relationship with my oldest brother stronger than ever....and my relationship with my nieces extra special....so there are blessings mixed within the sorrow.

So all and all....I have learned something. I did something good for my Mom to show her that I love and care about her, and I ignored the ugliness...I seeked goodness, and found it. And I think your prayers made it happen. Thank you!

BTW....my flame is still burning....and burning brightly.

Last edited by Doris; 10-21-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old 10-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #414
Matboard Maniac

GOOD FOR YOU DORIS!
sometimes we just have to do what is in our hearts. Bless you. I know how it feels to be pretty much ignored by family members. I am not morman, so therefor some relatives do not think I count for much, unless they need something done that they don't want to do. Oh well, I still send bday greetings and so forth, and get on with my life. Not all my family is, some of us are just plain non denomination Christian, I go to Assembly of God, and one brother is Baptist. Our father said we should be where the lord put us, as you can see some of us have done just that. My mom does not want a morman funeral even though that is where she has gone for almost ever, so that upsets some and makes others happy. Doesn't matter to me, I try to stay focused on what my mom wants and needs. It is very hard when our paarents do not live close. For many years my parents lived in Arizona and Oregon, 9 hrs away by car or a few hrs flight. Who has money to fly! Now mom lives 20 min away from me but my dh works 5 min away from her house.
take care all post later.
God Bless
Margy

Margy
Choose to be happy
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #415
Forum Fanatic

Anyone on this thread enjoy reggae sound?
check out this Christian group-Jah Fellowship
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendID=2354210
Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #416
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Doris, praising and thanking the Lord for how He is working all of this out for you and your mom. I am sure it will be nice to that phone available so you and she can chat.

Keep your armor on and keep on keeping on -- God has a blessing coming.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #417
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Beth!!!! I just looked at your new cards....WOWZER! they are beautiful.
Your orders are really keeping you busy! I am soooo happy for you!
Oh, thanks *blush*blush*. Now you will know what I am doing when I'm not here and not changing diapers and not taking care of two little goober boys!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #418
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, what happened to my other post.....Ugh.....I'm going to go backspace and see if it's still there. I think I hit the next page and didn't post my othe rpost...dork!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #419
Stazon Splitcoast

**found it**

Julie, glad you checked in....so sorry about the funny situation with your bff. I will pray about that so that you will know what to do.

Gail, Ilove your ideas for Lynn. I could even do that with my boys. They LOVE to play in my scrap box and make stuff. I need to make an art table for them next to my stuff.

Caterina...wowzer....that's such an honor to be asked to help in that ministry in such a way. I willpray that you will know how to answer(or maybeyou already did) and that God will show you the best ways to manage.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #420
Pearl-ExPert

Good Early evening ladies!

Doris: So glad things are working out...I knew your flame would not go out over this!

Margy: I sure know what it is like to have different belief systems within a family...my sis is my BFF, we don't believe along the same lines...we just agree to disagree on some things. It took a REALLY LONG time to get there.

Beth: How are those goobers anyway?

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #421
Stazon Splitcoast

Now, I just x-to-exit my screen here deleting the post I had typed up...boy I'm really with it tonight, good grief!

Margy...wow, your stamp room sounds fantastic...awesome! I'm so sorry about the situation with your coworker. I will be praying about that.....I know it has to be frustrating and disheartening to work with someone like that. Hugs and prayers. Glad you are doing fine with the lupus...I asked bout that in my post that got deleted when I xed the x. I wasn't totally caught up on this page yet.

toni, you can sing the Psalms to me any old day!
Headache is all gone.....

Hi Elee!!!

Caterina...what a cute kid that one is! I loved the one with the L O V E and his face for the O....cute pics.

Wendy..I always love to read your prayers when you type them out. You are a dear one for sure!

Doris..I love seeing your flame burning and burning. I think it's great what you did for your mom!

I'm going to post this then go call my bro. It's his b-day and I forgot to give him a jingle.....what time is it in Texas? Anyone who knows me knows that time zones are my special need! LOL! Beee back in a sec....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #422
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone.

Doris, glad to hear your flame is still burning, and that you have a good relationship with some of your family. Hope everything works out.

Caterina, praying for your situation and thanks for the devo again.

Thanks for your prayers concerning my bff. I spoke with her briefly on the phone this morning on the way to work, decided I'd rather not keep anything from her, and she's not upset. Sometimes I believe things work out better if I don't think about them too much and just wait to decide things on the moment. And maybe I should say that she's not upset at the moment, but if this problem continues, she may be in the future. But for now things are fine. Unfortunately, we're both so busy right now that all we get are brief phone conversations so hopefully this weekend we can catch up. Amazing how we can just talk every day, and really feel like we're missing something if we don't.

Elee, I like reggae music. Enjoyed listening to that.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Oh, one more thing, it is really hard for me to ask people to pray for me when it's something small, but I'm asking tonight. It looks like this cold I've been battling has settled into my chest and I now have bronchitis. I'm too busy to be sick and I'm really getting tired of being tired all the time if you know what I mean. I want to be well!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

Boys are fine, Toni. We had parent teacher conferences tonight....they went well. We had some concerns about our youngest. He just turned 5 this summer in June so we were a little worried about starting K but he seems to be doing fine. I just have to remember that when our older one was in K he was 9 mos. older than our younger one is in K. That does make a difference. They are on fall break for the rest of the week....but I have daycare...belch! Got some fun stuff planned that is extra so they will be busy too. Then, when we got home I had an e-mail from our school principal. This man I love! He was my principal when I taught before we had kids..but in a different school district. Anyway, he is resigning..>I'm so sad....but moving to a new school that is opening up about 25 min. away in another district. He's a great Principal and I'm sorry the boys will be losing him. I'm just sad.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #424
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie, I think my hubby can relate. He had some nasty something almost the entir emonth of Sept. He's finally feeling mostly back to himself but it was not fun for him (or us) at all. Fortunately, the boys and I have been okay. I had one 1day or so where I was feeling ucky....but nothing like dh had. I will pray that you will just get better and be done with it! Hugs!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #425
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstieber View Post
Hi everyone.

Oh, one more thing, it is really hard for me to ask people to pray for me when it's something small, but I'm asking tonight. It looks like this cold I've been battling has settled into my chest and I now have bronchitis. I'm too busy to be sick and I'm really getting tired of being tired all the time if you know what I mean. I want to be well!
There are NO small prayer requests BUT, you are gonna get "mommed"
Too busy equals too tired and sick. tee-hee. Try and rest sweetie, if your cold moved and got worse, slow down and listen to your temple

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #426
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie...sorry that you are not feeling well. Is there any way that you can take a couple of days off to recover. You don't want this to linger or get worse! Yikes! Take it easy...OK? Concerning your friend. I am glad that you told her. I think sometimes we know in our gut what is the best thing to do....and we just have to go with that. I am sure she was grateful for your honesty.

Beth...sorry to hear about the principal. Could you maybe find a job someday working for this man? He sounds wonderful. Glad your kids conferences went well....ours are on Thursday.

margy, it is amazing to me how many women and men I know have problems/conflicts within their families. It certainly is a struggle. Stay focused on what you believe to be the right thing to do...follow your heart, and let your flame shine brightly! It will light up the room!

Goodnight...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #427
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Boys are fine, Toni. We had parent teacher conferences tonight....they went well. We had some concerns about our youngest. He just turned 5 this summer in June so we were a little worried about starting K but he seems to be doing fine. I just have to remember that when our older one was in K he was 9 mos. older than our younger one is in K. That does make a difference. They are on fall break for the rest of the week....but I have daycare...belch! Got some fun stuff planned that is extra so they will be busy too. Then, when we got home I had an e-mail from our school principal. This man I love! He was my principal when I taught before we had kids..but in a different school district. Anyway, he is resigning..>I'm so sad....but moving to a new school that is opening up about 25 min. away in another district. He's a great Principal and I'm sorry the boys will be losing him. I'm just sad.
Beth, so sorry you are losing the principal - please don't be too sad. Who knows, the Lord may bring someone new that will be exciting and wonderful.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
There are NO small prayer requests BUT, you are gonna get "mommed"
Too busy equals too tired and sick. tee-hee. Try and rest sweetie, if your cold moved and got worse, slow down and listen to your temple
I know, I know, my friend that I've mentioned on this thread is 20 years older than me (I'm 2 years older than her own daughter) and she's always "momming" me (I love it when she does, by the way) She's been saying the same thing about slowing down. I just hate turning these sub jobs down. But I'm not working tomorrow because I have to take youngest DS to the eye doctor. So maybe I can rest (or stamp!) for the rest of the day.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #429
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Julie, bronchitis is not a small thing and as it was said, no prayer request is too small. Hope you feel tons better soon! Be sure to rest up and take care of yourself -- lots of chicken soup, juices, etc.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #430
Pearl-ExPert

beth- sorry about the principal leaving, that stuff is hard when you get someone really great in the position then they leave after being there for a while...it is the same for teachers...i was upset when some retired before my ds had the opportunity to have them. My BIL was my ds's principal...that was sticky on occasion, he did not retire from that position until Ry was out of elementary school.
Do you get xtra kids during Fall Break for DayCare?

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #431
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Julie, bronchitis is not a small thing and as it was said, no prayer request is too small. Hope you feel tons better soon! Be sure to rest up and take care of yourself -- lots of chicken soup, juices, etc.
You heard Caterina!

Hi Caterina...How are you?

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #432
Pearl-ExPert

Caterina, What time is it where you are at?

toni
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #433
Insane Embellisher

Hi all,

Have been trying to take some notes on what is all going on in your life's, but they are all over the computer table so hope I don't miss a lot of what is going on in your part of the world!

Doris, so happy to hear you got the phone for your mom, you are right go with your heart, I missed doing some of the things I thought my mom would like after listening to my sisters and wish now I had just done them. I am lucky enough to still have her but those times are gone forever that I missed. will go with my heart from now on.

Gail, thanks for filling me in on what a moderator does, sounds like a busy job, but glad there are people that will volunteer to do it.

Caterina, the pictures are cute, I too loved the one with LOVE with his face for the "O". Our church does"fair trade" with coffee, sweet bread, and chocolate, sounds a lot like the organization you are going with.

Wendy, So happy the baby is here and both mom and baby are doing well, the name is so nice, I always loved the name Hannah.

We get a free shopper paper once a week, each week a local pastor does a small writing, have to share a "small"piece of it with you...

We may not be able to overcome our fears, but we can live beyond them. We respond to fear in the same way that the renowned missionary Dr. Livingston did when asked, "How is it that you risk your life traversing through the jungles of Africa?" He said, "Because I know that I am not alone, Jesus said, "I am with you always." and I believe him."

When you were talking about crafts with your little ones, made me think of something I am getting our daughters two little ones for Christmas, and that is a kids cutterbug with a couple of the die cuts. They love to make cards with her, and love to turn the handle of hers. Enjoy the time you have with them, they grow up way too soon (even though at times now a day can seem more then 24 hours long). That is one wonderful thing about being a grandma/nanna you have the time to just PLAY!

Gloria
Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #434
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Sorry, Toni, did not mean to leave you with your questions unanswered.

I am doing fairly well for an old woman and looking forward to leaving the end of the week for the outer banks in NC with Reynold. We will be spending a week down there as a sort of celebration of his retirement.

We live on the east coast so it is now 11:53 pm. Reynold is already in bed and I should get myself to bed as well.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #435
Pearl-ExPert

Gloria:Thank you for sharing the piece in the free shopper that the Pastor wrote...We are not alone, He is ALWAYS with us, and (i) believe that with all my heart, mind and soul.

I always feel like i am the last one up...not sleepy yet...the kids are watching TV, and I should be making cards. I did get a couple of projects well on their way today...so hopefully tomorrow they will be done and posted on the blog.

toni
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #436
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
Very handsome!!
Thanks so very much for all your lovely comments - this grandmother is very blessed.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #437
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Considering everything that is going right now, thought this was an encouraging devotional

VERSE:
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to
the end will be saved.
-- Matthew 10:22

THOUGHT:
Jesus' words are very strong! His emphasis is for a reason.
Christians need to realize that they are not going to be the
dominant culture. Discipleship can be hard and demanding; most
folks want things simple and easy. The values that disciples are
called to put into place in their lives are not going to be the
dominant cultural ones. "So be ready!" Jesus is telling us. "Be
ready to face criticism and rejection." But while we know it may be
an uphill battle to change the hearts of men and women, we can be
God's tool to bless others and to lead them closer to him! And for
us, salvation in all its glory awaits us at the end of the journey.

PRAYER:
Forgive me, please dear Father, for the times I have grown
impatient with the world around and started seeing it as the enemy
rather than as the target of your grace. Please give me the wisdom
and the courage to balance my understanding of the world with your
passion to redeem it. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 AM   #438
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to StephStamps1982 Send a message via Skype™ to StephStamps1982

When they talk to me...it's usually about something additional that "needs" to get done in addition to everything else that "needs" to get done...and then I get the, "well, if you worked full time..." schpeil...

I have news about that...I work part time for a local pizza place, have my Stampin' Up! business, make and sell cards at four different places, run the girls to and from school and any other activities and I take care of the majority of the cooking (about 90%) and cleaning (about 90%) - I'd say that evrything I do is the equivilent of working full time and all I ask is that someone else put out the garbage and recycling on Wednesdays, take out the garbage and cook dinner once in a while without asking me what to make...If I knew what to make for dinner EVERY night...I'd already have it done.

Sometimes it seems that this house cannot function without me being directly involved every second of the day...which can be draining and frustrating...but this is life...and apparently I'm just supposed to suck it up and "get with the program"...

Any advice?

Stephanie

~
Proud Mom & Army Wife ~

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Stuff I've Stamped

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #439
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Steph.

Stop.
Take a deep breath.

Are you mad at somebody in particular? Or the entire family? As dd says, "Mom, it's not fair ... when you're upset with Daddy or David, you yell at me".

ETA:I found it was easier if I asked for specific help: "J, could you please cook dinner on Wed. night"; "L, please set the table each night"; "D, please keep your bathroom downstairs clean." Then we could discuss the job or whatever.

Good luck.

Last edited by basketballmom; 10-22-2008 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #440
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephStamps1982 View Post
When they talk to me...it's usually about something additional that "needs" to get done in addition to everything else that "needs" to get done...and then I get the, "well, if you worked full time..." schpeil...

I have news about that...I work part time for a local pizza place, have my Stampin' Up! business, make and sell cards at four different places, run the girls to and from school and any other activities and I take care of the majority of the cooking (about 90%) and cleaning (about 90%) - I'd say that evrything I do is the equivilent of working full time and all I ask is that someone else put out the garbage and recycling on Wednesdays, take out the garbage and cook dinner once in a while without asking me what to make...If I knew what to make for dinner EVERY night...I'd already have it done.

Sometimes it seems that this house cannot function without me being directly involved every second of the day...which can be draining and frustrating...but this is life...and apparently I'm just supposed to suck it up and "get with the program"...

Any advice?
Steph, sounds to me like you need some TLC - maybe a little break or some down time. Do you have anyone that you are close to that would be a good listening ear or a shoulder to cry on? Certainly we are here for you but you may want to talk with someone on a regular basis to help get you through this rough patch. Have been where you are and was fortunate to have a really good counselor to help me recognize what was my fault and what I had no control over teaching me to let go.

Sometimes as wives, moms and daughters, we tend to over extend ourselves and need a different perspective. Please pray asking the Lord to help give you some direction to get back your peace, love and joy in Him.