Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #4241
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
I'm sorry that you've experienced this kind of hurt, Caterina. Several years ago when I was hurt by a friend's unkind actions and remarks, I experienced a wound that I couldn't seem to shake off. I spent hours in prayer and Bible reading and I forgave the person who had hurt me knowing that, as you mentioned, these wounds are an attack from the enemy. In spite of doing these things, the pain continued and I found myself weeping most of the time. Since I very seldom cry, this was a new experience for me. Then the Lord whispered softly in my thoughts, "Ask Me to heal your emotional wound." By reflex, I simply prayed, "Jesus, please heal my emotional wound." From that point on, that pain was gone and I didn't cry over that hurt anymore. That was such a revelation to me. Jesus taught me that sometimes we are hurt emotionally and we can't reach that hurt by our own efforts ... but Jesus can. He applies the "medicine" that heals those wounds.

Once again, Rita, thanks for your encouraging words. Have asked the Lord to heal my broken heart and am trusting Him to do so because of His overwhelming mercy and love. The Lord and the Lord alone has the ultimate healing balm and am so grateful for how much He cares about our broken hearts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #4242
Die Cut Diva

Dear Lord, when you walked this earth, there were times when Your closest friends hurt and disappointed You ... and during my lifetime I know I have hurt and disappointed You countless times and I've had to ask for Your forgiveness. So, Lord I know You understand the pain we feel when we are wounded by our friends.

Today, I pray for Caterina who is deeply wounded by the hurtful actions of others. Please apply your healing balm to her wounds so that her pain will be gone.

Please help Caterina to truly forgive those who have caused her this pain. In addition, please help her to look at this situation through Your eyes so that she is willing to let You love these people through her.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Thank You, Lord, that You have promised to take all events in our life and work them for our good ... so we praise You that Caterina can trust You to turn this painful situation into a blessing. In Jesus' Name I pray, with thanksgiving. Amen.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #4243
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you so much my dear sweet friend, so grateful to the Lord for you.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #4244
Cardstock Collector

new one. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #4245
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

It has been a long time since posting Oswald Chambers...

Death no longer has dominion over Him. . . . the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God . . . —Romans 6:9-11

Co-Eternal Life. Eternal life is the life which Jesus Christ exhibited on the human level. And it is this same life, not simply a copy of it, which is made evident in our mortal flesh when we are born again. Eternal life is not a gift from God; eternal life is the gift of God. The energy and the power which was so very evident in Jesus will be exhibited in us by an act of the absolute sovereign grace of God, once we have made that complete and effective decision about sin.

“You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you . . .” (Acts 1:8 )— not power as a gift from the Holy Spirit; the power is the Holy Spirit, not something that He gives us. The life that was in Jesus becomes ours because of His Cross, once we make the decision to be identified with Him. If it is difficult to get right with God, it is because we refuse to make this moral decision about sin. But once we do decide, the full life of God comes in immediately. Jesus came to give us an endless supply of life— “. . . that you may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:19). Eternal life has nothing to do with time. It is the life which Jesus lived when He was down here, and the only Source of life is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Even the weakest saint can experience the power of the deity of the Son of God, when he is willing to “let go.” But any effort to “hang on” to the least bit of our own power will only diminish the life of Jesus in us. We have to keep letting go, and slowly, but surely, the great full life of God will invade us, penetrating every part. Then Jesus will have complete and effective dominion in us, and people will take notice that we have been with Him.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #4246
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this beautiful prayer for today.

A Prayer for a Broken Heart

We've all suffered from a broken heart, whether it's a loved one, a friend, or a family member. This prayer will help you or someone you know get through this tough time.

I know your heart is broken

And you're not sure what went wrong,

So I'm praying for you daily

That you will not suffer long.

There are things that you can change

And things that you cannot;

With every loss you need to focus

On what you still have got.

It hurts when there's a break-up;

We can't deny the pain,

But the best thing we can do

Is get up and start again.

That's something that's not easy

But I will pray until you do--

Remember every ending

Is a new beginning too.

May God be with you as you get over this sad event in your life. In the name of Christ Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #4247
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, hope you are having a blessed day.

Once a week, I receive a devotion from Coles Foundation and thought to share this one.

At a Dead End? Expect a Rescue

God will build your faith by planting a dream within you. But that dream will require a decision of faith, and then God will stretch your faith as you face delays, difficulties, and dead ends.

It is then that God comes in and delivers. God does a miracle. God provides a solution. For instance:

In Moses' case, God parted the Red Sea.
In Abraham's case, he and Sarah miraculously conceived a child.
In Joseph's case, all of a sudden his dream came true, and he found himself no longer imprisoned in a dungeon; instead, he was the second in command in Egypt.
And Jesus was resurrected! God can even turn a crucifixion into resurrection, and that means he has the power to transform your dead ends into deliverance. He builds your faith through delays, difficulties, and dead ends, so that when he delivers you, God gets all the credit!

SCRIPTURE:

"'What do you mean, "If I can"?' Jesus asked. 'Anything is possible if a person believes.' (Mark 9:23 NLT)

REFLECTION:

When faced with a dead end, the best response is to expect God to act. What are you expecting God to do in your life? Jesus says, "According to your faith let it be done to you" (Matthew 9:29b NIV).

When you wait for deliverance, then God gets the credit. And you can look back to see how God led you through a path of faith, expanding and increasing your trust of him with every step. Your faith is stronger, and now you can say with confidence, "I am expecting the Lord to rescue me again, so that once again I will see his goodness to me ..." (Psalm 27:13 LB).

Talk About It --

How have you seen God deliver you or a friend or family member from a delay or difficulty in pursuit of a dream?
What great expectations do you have for what God wants to do in your life?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #4248
Die Cut Diva

Caterina .... love this! I think I'll copy it for my son and daughter-in-law ... it really fits into their present situation!

Hugs, Rita
Old 04-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #4249
Die Cut Diva

Default BUTTERFLY SONG!

Are any of you familiar with this children's song? It's new to me, but I think it's really sweet!

Butterfly Song

If I were a butterfly,
I'd thank you Lord for giving me wings,
And If I were a robin in a tree,
I'd thank you Lord, that I could sing.
And If I were a fish in the sea,
I'd wiggle my tail and I'd giggle with glee,
but I just thank you Lord for making me.
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile.
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child.
And I just thank you Father for making me me.

If I were an elephant,
I'd thank you Lord, by raising my trunk,
And if I were a kangaroo,
you know I'd hop right up to you,
And if I were and octopus,
I'd thank you Lord for my fine looks,
but I just thank you Lord for making me me.

If I were a wiggly worm,
I'd thank you Lord, that I could squirm.
And if I were a billy goat, I'd thank you Lord,
for my strong throat,
And if I were a fuzzy wuzzy bear,
I'd thank you Lord for my fuzzy wuzzy hair,
but I just thank you Lord for making me me.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #4250
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina .... love this! I think I'll copy it for my son and daughter-in-law ... it really fits into their present situation!

Hugs, Rita

May it be a blessing to them!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #4251
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Rita, have not heard that song but sure grateful that you shared it! Feel free to post it on the encouragement thread.. how sweet and precious!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #4252
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Friday!

In The Beginning

Ruah, the sound of breathing. Then, a rush of wind, the first Word
YES!

And everything came into being,

Found its genesis in that Word.

Nothing existed before that Yes

Rushed out on the wind of a laugh.

Everything seen and unseen

Became itself in that Infinite Yes.

That Word was with the Word,

Was the Word in and of Itself.

It was Light begotten from Light

Pushing back the darkness of non-being.

In time, because we had grown

To prefer darkness to the Light,

And because the infinite Word

Could be nothing less than Yes,

This engendering Spirit,

This infinite weight

This sum of light,

In finite flesh,

Entered creation through

The fragile vase of a woman

Who in her meekness said, “yes”

To the infinite Yes.

This Yes, this perfect Yes;

This One-Being from One-Being,

This true Life from true Life,

That infuses all things, at all times,

With its eternal affirmation,

Calls us out of this finite darkness

Into Infinite Light once again.

Yes!!

So be it.

- Dan Doyle
Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #4253
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Lord's Day

The Key to Faith
by Robert Morris

The key to our having faith is in hearing the Word of God. I want to emphasize this: the key to having faith is not in obeying the Word of God – the key to having faith is in hearing the word of God. Now I believe in obeying the Word, and we must obey God if we want to have His blessing on our lives. But it is not obedience that produces faith. Rather, it is faith that produces obedience. And faith only comes by the Word of God.

This is not my idea. God made this very plain in Romans 10:17 when He said, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." This scripture passage says that if I hear the Word of God, "faith comes." In other words, faith shows up. So all I have to do is hear the Word of God. So there is something about hearing the Word of God produces faith.

Now I know the Bible says that I must be a doer of the Word as well. James 1:22 says, "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." But it is hearing the Word that is the key to doing it! Because the more I hear the Word of God, the more faith I will have. And the more faith I have, the more I will want to obey God and live out the Word.

The reason that a lot of people are not doers of the Word is because they don't really have faith. The more faith you have, the more you will obey. The more you obey, the more the presence of God will manifest in your life. And the more often you live in the presence of God, the more you will prosper and succeed.

Every one of us can prosper, and everyone of us can be successful! And the way we begin is by hearing the Word of God. So start to make the Word of God part of your life. Listen to His Word whenever you can. Read the Bible daily. Memorize Scripture passages, meditate on them, and write verses on notecards to tape on your mirror. If you hear his word consistently, faith will naturally come. God promised that it would. And as your faith increases, you will find that you are walking in obedience. As you walk in obedience, you're going to have the presence of God on your life. And if the presence of God is with you, you're going to succeed!

There are no words to describe the blessing of having God's presence in your life. Right now I can feel that the favor of God is on my life, and it is a wonderful thing. It is so wonderful that I don't want to do one single thing to mess it up! The favor of God makes you feel that nothing is impossible. The favor of God makes you feel that anything you attempt to do for God will succeed. Because when you sense that God is with you, you know your efforts on His behalf will not fail.

What could possibly be worth losing that blessing, that favor, that manifested presence of God? I don't want to walk in disobedience, because I know that if I disobey God, His presence will leave my life. And I don't want to lose His presence or His favor!

So it really wasn't a hard thing that day at the airport to leave a note on the car I had bumped. It really wasn't hard to decide that we would miss our plane. It was easy to do the right thing – when I remembered that God has called me to be faithful in small matters, as well is great, as I live out my destiny according to His will.

I want to walk in the destiny God has planned for me. And I know that if I am to be set over much, I must be found faithful in little things – even a crack in a piece of plastic on an old car.

Eventually I received a call from the lady whose vehicle had been damaged. I apologized for the accident and gave her our insurance information so that she could get her bumper repaired. But before we got off the phone, she said, "I just have to ask you a question. I have shown your note to everyone in my office, and no one can believe that you actually left a note. It would have been so easy to just drive away. We don't know if you're a saint, a space alien or what – but none of us can figure out why you would leave a note."

The woman was an unbeliever. Yet she recognized that there was something different about my behavior. So I was able to explain to her the reason that I had left that note. I was able to share the gospel with her and tell her how Jesus Christ had changed my life – that he could change her life also. "You said that everyone in your office wants to know why I left that note," I said to her. "Be sure that you tell them. Be sure to tell them that the reason I left that note is because Jesus Christ has changed my life – and He wants to do that for all of them, too."

There is nothing on this earth that can compare to the joy of a moment like that, when the presence of God rests upon you as you do something important for Him. But it all begins by being faithful in the smallest things – by being a faithful steward. If I had not been faithful to do the right thing about the accident, I would never have had the opportunity to be God's messenger to the people in that office.

Faithfulness – good stewardship – causes us to be successful in everything we do. It causes us to have the favor of God and His presence in our lives. So be faithful in little things. Be a good employee, a good steward "as to the Lord" (Colossians 3:23). Spend time in God's Word and watch your faith increase. As faith comes, obedience will naturally follow. And when you honor God and walk in obedience to Him, He will honor you with His presence. Then His favor and blessing will rest on your life, and you will prosper in all you do.

Excerpted from From Dream To Destiny by Robert Morris (Regal). Available this week as part of the Living Free teaching series.

We have the Living Free series and it is a truly worthwhile teaching.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #4254
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

What a sweet adorable video...

Jesus Loves You
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #4255
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Happy Monday!

Faith lives in a broken heart. "He cried out with tears, Lord,
I believe." True faith is always in a heart bruised for sin.
Saving faith always grows in a heart humbled for sin, in a
weeping eye and a tearful conscience.

-- Thomas Watson
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 AM   #4256
Die Cut Diva

Hello friends ... thought I'd share this devotional.

David Wilkerson Today

FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2012

BLESSING OTHERS
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

God said to Abraham, "That in blessing I will bless thee . . . in thy seed
shall all the nations of the earth be blessed" ( Genesis 22:17-18 ). He was
saying, "The reason I am blessing you, Abraham, is so that you can bless all
the nations."

Obviously, very few of us are called to bless entire nations but each of us has
a circle of family, friends and colleagues. How many in your circle are being
blessed by what the Lord is doing in you? Are your friends and family being
blessed by Christ in you?

When you start blessing others in the midst of your trials, you will know that
God's hand of blessing is on you. This is what happened with David. When his
enemies showed him no mercy, he testified, "Let them curse, but bless thou:
when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice" ( Psalm
109:28 ). David cried out to God for help and blessing as his enemies cursed
him.

Jesus commands us: "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that
curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" ( Matthew 5:44 ). If you can keep this word, you are surely blessed of the Lord.

Finally, those who are being blessed are being drawn ever closer to the Lord.
God never blesses without drawing that person closer to Himself, urging, "Come closer to Me." Increasing nearness to Him is more of the blessing.

Perhaps you still say, "I see no evidence of God's blessing in my life. My life
isn't marked by any of these things you've mentioned. How can I have God's
blessing?"

Beloved, rejoice! Do you love His Word? Do you love coming to His house with
other believers? Does your mind run to Jesus throughout the day? Do you talk to Him? If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, you can rest assured that He is drawing you, blessing you.

Read this devotion online: BLESSING OTHERS by David Wilkerson | World Challenge
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #4257
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Rita, thanks so very much for posting this encouraging word!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #4258
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Brought Reynold home from Sinai Hospital. The doctor did his best to do the procedure and cut what he could however there was too much scar tissue. Sadly, my poor husband went through today, only to now face additional surgery which is more invasive. Good news is that he will be put under general anesthesia for this one. Trusting the Lord that He will allow the next one to heal is eye.

Thanks for your prayers and please keep praying.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #4259
Die Cut Diva

I pray that Reynold isn't having a lot of discomfort after today's procedure, Caterina. Will certainly keep praying about the upcoming surgery!

Thanks for giving us the update!

~ Rita
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #4260
Insane Embellisher

Hello everyone!

Got back on the site this morning!! So sorry to hear the surgery wasn't as successful for Reynold as we prayed. Hope you both were able to get a good nights sleep. Let us know when the next surgery will be so we can join you that day in prayer.

And how are you doing Caterina? Hope your stomach is still being nice to you!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #4261
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thanks so much dear friends for your prayers. Reynold is doing well, in fact, he was asked to do some freelance work at a bank today in Laurel and was able to go.

I continue to do well since the surgery - PTL!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #4262
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought this was good to share for today...

God NEVER Gives Up!

"God manages perfectly, day and night, year in and year out, the movements of the stars, the wheeling of the planets, the staggering coordination of events that goes on the molecular level in order to hold things together. There is no doubt that He can manage the timing of my days and weeks." - Elisabeth Elliot

Throughout time, though God's people often forgot their God, God didn't forget them. He kept his word.

God didn't give up. He never gives up. When Joseph was dropped into a pit by his own brothers, God didn't give up.

When Moses said, "Here I am, send Aaron," God didn't give up.

When the delivered Israelites wanted Egyptian slavery instead of milk and honey, God didn't give up.

When Aaron was making a false god at the very moment Moses was with the true God, God didn't give up.

When only two of the ten spies thought the Creator was powerful enough to deliver the created, God didn't give up.

When Samson whispered to Delilah, when Saul roared after David, when David schemed against Uriah, God didn't give up.

When God's word lay forgotten and man's idols stood glistening, God didn't give up.

When the children of Israel were taken into captivity, God didn't give up.

He could have given up. He could have turned his back. He could have walked away from the wretched mess, but He didn't.

He didn't give up.

When He became flesh and was the victim of an assassination attempt before He was two years old, He didn't give up.

When the people from His own home town tried to push Him over a cliff; He didn't give up.

When His brothers ridiculed Him, He didn't give up.

When He was accused of blaspheming God by people who didn't fear God, He didn't give up.

When Peter worshiped Him at the supper and cursed Him at the fire, He didn't give up.

When people spat in his face, He didn't spit back. When the bystanders slapped Him, He didn't slap them. When a whip ripped His sides, He didn't turn and command the awaiting angels to stuff that whip down that soldier's throat.

And when human hands fastened the divine hands to a cross with spikes, it wasn't the soldiers who held the hands of Jesus steady. It was God who held them steady. For those wounded hands were the same invisible hands that had carried the fire pot and the torch two thousand years earlier. They were the same hands that had brought light into Abram's thick and dreadful darkness. They had come to do it again.

So, the next time doubt walks in, escort him out. Out to the hill. Out to Calvary. Out to the cross where, with holy blood, the hand that carried the flame wrote the promise, "God would give up his only Son before He'd give up on you."

Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #4263
Die Cut Diva

I AM YOUR REWARD

by David Wilkerson

"After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram" (Genesis 15:1).
This verse means, "After Abram looked around fearfully at the enemies
surrounding him, after he felt dejected that he hadn't made any progress, the
Word of the Lord came to him."

The first thing God told Abram was, "Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy
exceeding great reward" (same verse). In this single verse, God has given us
the secret to the greatest blessing any believer could ever have. The meaning
for shield here in Hebrew is "protector, defender." This verse means, "I will
fight for you and I will be your champion."

The Lord is telling Abram, “Go ahead and look at all those armies surrounding
you. Nobody can touch you because I am your protector. Entrust your life and
future into My hands.”

This same verse tells us the Lord is much more than a shield to us, though. He
is also our exceeding great reward. God says to Abram, "You will have your son,
and he will be a joy to you — but I will be the One who fulfills your deepest
needs."

God knows all about human nature. He knew that Abraham would have a great
measure of joy when he got his son. Abraham could then say, "God did it! He
promised this to me, and He kept His Word." Yet God also knew that Abraham
would not be totally fulfilled when the child came. He would still have an
inner hunger, a restlessness, an inexplicable need that no human could touch.

Isn't this what happens to us when we finally get the thing we have wanted so
badly? All along we think, "If only I can get this one thing, I'll be happy. It
will make my life wonderful and end all my problems." No, it won't! Only the
Lord Himself can fully satisfy our deepest need.

Our High Priest says, "The secret of My blessing is that I am what you are
looking for. I am your reward — your answer — your blessing."

Read this devotion online: I AM YOUR REWARD by David Wilkerson | World Challenge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #4264
Die Cut Diva

Default HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

HOW GOD HEALED MY HEART by Bonnie Ricks

Matthew 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

In 1985, my mother was dying of cancer. She had discovered a lump in her breast in June of 1982, and by the time the mastectomy was done, the lump had grown so large that it was wrapped around two of her ribs. There was little hope, but she fought the cancer valiantly for three years. The Monday before Mother’s Day, 1985, I had an overwhelming urge to go home to see her. She was in the hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, and I lived and worked in Houston, Texas – over 500 miles away. I was in the middle of producing the first telethon for the Houston chapter of the March of Dimes, scheduled for the end of June, so taking off from work for a few days to drive home wasn’t in the books. I had to fly. And money was really tight.

After arguing with myself for 24 hours over charging something I couldn’t afford to pay for, I gave in and put the round trip ticket on my credit card. I would be flying out on Saturday morning, and my former brother-in-law would pick me up at the airport and take me to the hospital so I could surprise both of my parents. When I walked into Mama’s room Saturday afternoon, I had a big red bow pinned to the top of my head, and said, “Happy Mother’s Day! Here’s your present!”

Mama was thrilled, and we spent all day and into the night talking. I spent the night at my parents’ home Saturday night, went back to the hospital and spent a few more hours with Mama, then my father took me to the airport for my flight back to Houston. As I flew home, I thought about what a great visit it had been. I did not know that it would be the last.

On June 1, 1985, my mother died. My sons and I had flown home the day before after getting a call from my father telling me that she would not make it through the weekend. When we got to the hospital, she was so far gone that she was barely aware of anyone’s presence. The doctors had been asked to keep her as comfortable as possible and to “take no heroic measures” to keep her alive. My father and I wanted to allow her to be free of all that pain, no matter how hard it was for us to let her go. Saturday morning, she was gone.

One interesting aside is that I never received a bill for that airline ticket! I can only assume that the Lord sent the bill to “data heaven”, because it never came to me!

For the next ten years, every Mother’s Day, no matter how hard I tried not to, I would end up in tears for several hours, unable to get past my grief that was so closely associated with that final Mother’s Day visit with my mother. Every year, I’d tell myself I was past all that, and every year, something would happen to knock me off that tightrope of recovery from grief and slam dunk me back into mourning once again for my mother.

In 1995, my son and daughter-in-law were expecting their second child. The pregnancy was extremely difficult, and Trish was in and out of the hospital again and again. We were all living in southwest Missouri, near Branson. On Friday afternoon, May 12th, I had been into Branson to take something to my husband. Both he and my son were working on the Showboat Branson Belle. When I walked into my house, my neighbor and Trish were sitting at the dining room table… and Trish was wearing some of my “summer” sweat pants. One look at their faces told me that something hd shaken up both of them. I said, “What’s going on?” And in a trembling voice, Trish said, “My water broke.” My first words were, “It’s too soon!” The baby was not due for another 8½ weeks!

I grabbed the phone and called the Showboat office, telling the woman who answered to get Guy off the showboat and send him to Springfield, and that I’d meet him at the hospital with Trish. I knew the boat was out on a cruise, so I didn’t know how they would accomplish that feat. I later learned that they cut the cruise short to get Guy back to the dock – otherwise, I have no doubt he would have jumped ship and swam all the way back to shore!

I took the long route to the hospital, because the shortcut would have put me through far too many isolated areas, where I would be too far from help if I needed it. The long route would take me past two other hospitals and three small emergency clinics, so I’d be near help if Trish got into trouble. It took us over an hour to get to the hospital – I must say that it was the longest hour of my life!

Guy was pacing the sidewalk in front of the hospital when we drove up, and he quickly put Trish into a wheelchair and took her inside. After we got her settled into a labor room, I called the showboat again and told them to get my husband off the boat when it landed. His boss was the person who answered the phone, and – with a very cold voice – she told me that J.R. “has another cruise to do today”. I don’t recall exactly what my next words were, but J.R. said I apparently scared the wits out of his boss, because she had nearly yanked him off the boat, telling him to wait at the gate for “that wife of yours” to pick him up!

I made a fast trip to Branson, picked him up and then drove straight back to Springfield where we went straight to the labor room – but it was empty! Confused, we started looking around, and finally found Guy talking with a doctor. Trish had been rushed to surgery for an emergency c-section. The baby had the cord around her neck, and was going to die if they didn’t get her out. The problem was, it appeared she might die anyway.

Christian Kate was a very sick little girl when she was born. In fact, the doctor wasn’t giving us a lot of hope, and asked if we’d like to come into the NICU and hold her, with the implication that it might be our only chance. J.R. and I said no, that we could do her more good elsewhere. The doctor looked at us like we’d grown three heads, and went back into the NICU shaking her own head in confusion. We turned on our heels and headed for a bank of pay phones down the hall, where we began calling everyone whose phone number we could remember, asking them to pray for our little Christian Kate.

Two hours later, we were back at the NICU, and could see the doctor standing over Christian’s crib looking more confused than she had earlier. She glanced up and saw us, and came outside immediately. She said, “I don’t know what’s going on, but that baby is getting stronger by the moment!” We both grinned, and I said, “We know what’s going on. God’s answering a thousand prayers and healing our baby girl.”

Seven hours later, they took Christian off the ventilator because she was breathing on her own! And two weeks later, we took her home – six and a half weeks before her due date!

Two days after Christian was born, we were invited to scrub, don surgical gowns and go into the NICU where they would allow us to hold her. A little nervous because she was so tiny and there were so many wires and tubes attached to her tiny body, I sat in the rocking chair they’d placed next to her crib, and two nurses very carefully laid Christian in my arms for the very first time. It was Mother’s Day, 1995, and as I sat there holding that precious little life in my arms, I could feel God healing my heart that had been broken ten years earlier. In many more ways than one, Christian Kate is my miracle baby, the one that God brought into the world early so she could heal my heart.

Today, Christian is a very special young lady who lights up every room she enters, and touches the heart of every person she meets. She is warm and affectionate, and has a great sense of humor… and she doesn’t hesitate to laugh at herself when she has a “blonde moment”. She’s a straight “A” student, and attended the “All A’s” banquet to honor students at her school who have made all “A’s” this year. Next year she will be a Senior nd and all of her classes for next year are “Advanced Placement” classes except for Animation, including Biology 2, English 4, Spanish 4, Studio Art, and dual credit drafting and math classes. She was recently accepted to the National Honor Society and will be inducted soon. She is making application to become part of the Congressional Youth Advisory Council through U.S. Representative Pete Olson (R-Sugar Land). The past few years, she’s attended a young writer’s workshop during the summer, having been nominated for the workshop by one of her teachers. She’s won numerous academic awards, and is listed in Who’s Who of Academic Excellence. In fact, she has so many awards and honors, it’s impossible to keep up with them! Christian’s talents go far beyond academics. She just recently won a blue ribbon in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Art Competition. She has an incredible voice, has taught herself to play the guitar, and “stage fright” is a foreign concept for her!

Nine summers ago, she accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior and was baptized. And today, her faith in Jesus is evident in everything she says and does and thinks… and she won’t hesitate one moment to share her faith with someone! Yesterday (Saturday, May 12) she celebrated her 17th birthday, and is taller than I am (she’s nearly 6 feet tall, with long pale blonde hair and big blue-green eyes!). She still fills my heart to overflowing every time I see her, because she is one of God’s special miracles in so many ways.

If your heart is hurting with a wound that just won’t seem to heal, be comforted with the knowledge that Jesus knows right where you are, and He weeps with you, matching you tear for tear. Tell him about your pain, even though He knows already, and ask Him to heal your heart in a special way, one that will bless you far beyond the loss that brought you pain. And as you wait for that healing, know that because you mourn you are blessed, and you will be comforted.

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.
For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before the LORD
in the land of the living.

Psalm 116:5-9

©2012 Dogwood Ministries, Inc.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #4265
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Rita, thanks so very much for your lovely post!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #4266
Die Cut Diva

You're very welcome, Caterina. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #4267
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Encouraging words...

In The Valleys We Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then we have to remember
That it's in the valleys we grow.

If we always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
We would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

We have so much to learn
And our growth is very slow,
Sometimes we need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys we grow.

We do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.

The little valleys are nothing
When we picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share Your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank You for the valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow!

Have a blessed day!

REMEMBER...
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution
is the distance between your knees and the floor.
The one who kneels to the Lord, can stand up to anything.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #4268
Die Cut Diva

Caterina .... this is so true that in the valleys we grow! It seems that the soil is often quite thin on mountain tops, but in the valleys the soil is often deeper and richer.

~ Rita
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #4269
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

These two little boys will bless your heart!

Two Adorable Boys Sing He Arose in Church
Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #4270
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

This so spoke to my heart...

Love is Action

"If I never saw this kid again, Lord, I wouldn't be sorry!" I thought.

Tears clouded my eyes as I stood in our laundry room. Clenched in both hands were new jeans and a shirt belonging to my 16-year-old stepson, Brett. The clothing was already destroyed from burn holes and vomit stains after a drunken binge.

Exhausted and defeated, I sank to the floor. The clothes were just one more thing Brett had ruined. He had already kicked a large hole in his bedroom wall; his bed covers were torn. Numerous windows in our house needed repair due to his breaking in to steal money when he chose to live on the street. Yet none of this could compare to the emotional damage Brett had inflicted on our once quiet home.

I knew that Brett's needs were deep, and I had often prayed for wisdom and love. The second greatest commandment, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," had taken on new meaning when Brett came to live with us when he was 12 years old. If I were to love my neighbor, was I not to love my own troubled stepson even more?

During those four years I had dealt with Brett as patiently as possible, but inside I was churning. "I don't want him in my house another day, Lord," I cried as I knelt on the laundry room floor. "I just can't stand him!"

Chest heaving, I poured out my despair. Then God tenderly spoke to me in my weakness. Matthew 25:35-40 rose in my thoughts---Jesus' declaration that when we invite a stranger, feed the hungry, clothe the naked or visit those in prison, we are doing it as unto Him. For the first time I saw this story in light of the action words. Jesus was saying, "Act. Meet these people's needs. Through your actions you are loving them and Me."

God's encouragement to me that day helped me to gather strength and continue parenting Brett. Still, Brett did not change his behavior.

When Brett was nearly 18, he landed again in Juvenile Hall, this time on suicide watch. Through prayer, my husband, Dave, and I sensed God's leading to send Brett to a boarding school with a high success rate for helping troubled teens.

The psychological training at Brett's school was rigorous. Out of more than 20 people in his class, Brett was one of only five graduates.

At the graduation ceremony the graduates stood one by one to thank those who had helped them. Each graduate held a long-stemmed, white rosebud to give to the person who had meant the most to him or her.

Brett spoke lovingly to his mother and father and for the first time took responsibility for the heartaches he had caused.

Finally Brett spoke to me. "You did so much," he said. "You were always there, no matter what. My mom and dad, I was their kid. But you just got stuck with me. All the same you always showed me such love. And I want you to know that I love you for it."

Stunned, I stood as Brett placed the white rosebud in my hand and hugged me hard.

At that moment I realized the truth in God's words to me. Although I had struggled with silent anger toward my stepson, Brett had seen only my actions.

Love is action. We may not always have positive feelings about certain people in our lives. But we can love them.

- Sally Arnett
Old 05-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #4271
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

A great read...

A Lesson In Sacrifice

There was a boy by the name of Steve who was attending Seminary in Utah. In this Seminary, classes are held during school hours.

Brother Christianson taught Seminary at this particular school. He had an open-door policy and would take in any student that had been thrown out of another class as long as they would abide by his rules. Steve had been kicked out of his sixth period and no other teacher wanted him, so he went into Brother Christianson's Seminary class.

Steve was told that he could not be late, so he arrived just seconds before the bell rang and he would sit in the very back of the room. He would also be the first to leave after the class was over.

One day, Brother Christianson asked Steve to stay after class so he could talk with him. After class, Bro. Christianson pulled Steve aside and said, "You think you're pretty tough, don't you?"

Steve's answer was, "Yeah, I do."

Then Brother Christianson asked, "How many push-ups can you do?"

Steve said, "I do about 200 every night."

"200? That's pretty good, Steve," Brother Christianson said. "Do you think you could do 300?"

Steve replied, "I don't know... I've never done 300 at a time."

"Do you think you could?" asked Brother Christianson again.

"Well, I can try," said Steve.

"Can you do 300 in sets of 10? I need you to do 300 in sets of ten for this to work. Can you do it? I need you to tell me you can do it," Brother Christianson said.

Steve said, "Well... I think I can... yeah, I can do it."

Brother Christianson said, "Good! I need you to do this on Friday."

Friday came and Steve got to class early and sat in the front of the room.

When class started, Brother Christianson pulled out a big box of donuts. Now these weren't the normal kinds of donuts, they were the extra fancy BIG kind, with cream centers and frosting swirls. Everyone was pretty excited-it was Friday, the last class of the day, and they were going to get an early start on the weekend.

Bro. Christianson went to the first girl in the first row and asked,

"Cynthia, do you want a donut?"

Cynthia said, "Yes."

Bro. Christianson then turned to Steve and asked, "Steve, would you do ten push-ups so that Cynthia can have a donut?"

Steve said, "Sure," and jumped down from his desk to do a quick ten. Then Steve again sat in his desk. Bro. Christianson put a donut on Cynthia's desk.

Bro. Christianson then went to Joe, the next person, and asked, "Joe do you want a donut?"

Joe said, "Yes."

Bro. Christianson asked, "Steve would you do ten push-ups so Joe can have a donut?"

Steve did ten push-ups; Joe got a donut.

And so it went, down the first aisle, Steve did ten pushups for every person before they got their donut. And down the second aisle, till Bro. Christianson came to Scott.

Scott was captain of the football team and center of the basketball team. He was very popular and never lacking for female companionship. When Bro. Christianson asked, "Scott do you want a donut?" Scott's reply was, "Well, can I do my own pushups?"

Bro. Christianson said, "No, Steve has to do them."

Then Scott said, "Well, I don't want one then."

Bro. Christianson then turned to Steve and asked, "Steve, would you do ten pushups so Scott can have a donut he doesn't want?"

Steve started to do ten pushups.

Scott said, "HEY! I said I didn't want one!"

Bro. Christianson said, "Look, this is my classroom, my class, my desks, and my donuts. Just leave it on the desk if you don't want it." And he put a donut on Scott's desk.

Now by this time, Steve had begun to slow down a little. He just stayed on the floor between sets because it took too much effort to be getting up and down. You could start to see a little perspiration coming out around his brow. Bro. Christianson started down the third row. Now the students were beginning to get a little angry.

Bro. Christianson asked Jenny, "Jenny, do you want a donut?"

Jenny said, "No."

Then Bro. Christianson asked Steve, "Steve, would you do ten pushups so Jenny can have a donut that she doesn't want?"

Steve did ten; Jenny got a donut.

By now, the students were beginning to say "No" and there were all these uneaten donuts on the desks. Steve was also having to really put forth a lot of effort to get these pushups done for each donut. There began to be a small pool of sweat on the floor beneath his face, his arms and brow were beginning to get red because of the physical effort involved.

Bro. Christianson asked Robert to watch Steve to make sure he did ten pushups in a set because he couldn't bear to watch all of Steve's work for all of those uneaten donuts. So Robert began to watch Steve closely.

Bro. Christianson started down the fourth row. During his class, however, some students had wandered in and sat along the heaters along the sides of the room. When Bro. Christianson realized this; he did a quick count and saw 34 students in the room. He started to worry if Steve would be able to make it.

Bro. Christianson went on to the next person and the next and the next. Near the end of that row, Steve was really having a rough time. He was taking a lot more time to complete each set.

Steve asked Bro. Christianson, "Do I have to make my nose touch on each one?"

Bro. Christianson thought for a moment, "Well, they're your pushups. You can do them any way that you want." And Bro. Christianson went on.

A few moments later, Jason came to the room and was about to come in when all the students yelled, "NO! Don't come in! Stay out!"

Jason didn't know what was going on. Steve picked up his head and said, "No, let him come."

Bro. Christianson said, "You realize that if Jason comes in you will have to do ten pushups for him."

Steve said, "Yes, let him come in."

Bro. Christianson said, "Okay, I'll let you get Jason's out of the way right now. Jason, do you want a donut?"

"Yes."

"Steve, will you do ten pushups so that Jason can have a donut?"

Steve did ten pushups very slowly and with great effort. Jason, bewildered, was handed a donut and sat down.

Bro. Christianson finished the fourth row, then started on those seated on the heaters. Steve's arms were now shaking with each pushup in a struggle to lift himself against the force of gravity. Sweat was dropping off of his face and, by this time, there was not a dry eye in the room.

The very last two girls in the room were cheerleaders and very popular. Bro. Christianson went to Linda, the second to last, and asked, "Linda, do you want a doughnut?

Linda said, very sadly, "No, thank you."

Bro. Christianson asked Steve, "Steve, would you do ten pushups so that Linda can have a donut she doesn't want?"

Grunting from the effort, Steve did ten very slow pushups for Linda.

Then Bro. Christianson turned to the last girl, Susan. "Susan, do you want a donut?"

Susan, with tears flowing down her face, asked, "Bro. Christianson , can I help him?"

Bro. Christianson, with tears of his own, said, "No, he has to do it alone. Steve, would you do ten pushups so Susan can have a donut?"

As Steve very slowly finished his last pushup, with the understanding that he had accomplished all that was required of him, having done 350 pushups, his arms buckled beneath him, and he fell to the floor.

Brother Christianson turned to the room and said. "And so it was, that our Savior, Jesus Christ, plead to the Father, "Into thy hands I commend my Spirit." With the understanding that He had done everything that was required of Him, he collapsed on the cross and died. And like some of those in this room, many of us leave the gift on the desk, uneaten."

- Author Unknown
Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #4272
Pearl-ExPert

Caterina, I've read this before... but it makes me tear up every time. Thank you for reminding me once again how much I do not deserve all that He has done for me. Amen and Amen.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #4273
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
Caterina, I've read this before... but it makes me tear up every time. Thank you for reminding me once again how much I do not deserve all that He has done for me. Amen and Amen.

That story does really speak of the incredible sacrifice and sadly, so many will leave the gift on their desks.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #4274
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ...

"A Lesson in Sacrifice" is very powerful. Yes, sadly many WILL leave the gift on their desks!

~ Rita
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #4275
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

His Arms of Love Around You

My love and prayers are with you.
Above you is the Lord's covering...
beneath you are His strength and security...
and around you are His arms of love.

Blessings to you this Memorial Day

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27
Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #4276
Die Cut Diva

Default Asking and Receiving

Here's a wonderful quote concerning prayer from Christian author, Catherine Marshall:

The reason many of us retreat into vague generalities when we pray is not because we think too highly of God, but because we think too little of Him. Too many of our prayers - private and public - are just browsing amongst possible petitions, not down to cases at all. We expect nothing from our prayers except, perhaps, a euphoric feeling.

God wants a relationship with us. A two-way relationship with asking and receiving. God uses our most stumbling, faltering faith step as the open door to His doing for us more than we ask or think.

One veteran prayer warrior, John R. Rich, has expressed it bluntly in Asking and Receiving: "Prayer is not a lovely sedan for a sight seeing trip around the city. Prayer is a truck that goes straight into the warehouse, backs up, loads and comes home with the goods ..."
Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #4277
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Here's a wonderful quote concerning prayer from Christian author, Catherine Marshall:

The reason many of us retreat into vague generalities when we pray is not because we think too highly of God, but because we think too little of Him. Too many of our prayers - private and public - are just browsing amongst possible petitions, not down to cases at all. We expect nothing from our prayers except, perhaps, a euphoric feeling.

God wants a relationship with us. A two-way relationship with asking and receiving. God uses our most stumbling, faltering faith step as the open door to His doing for us more than we ask or think.

One veteran prayer warrior, John R. Rich, has expressed it bluntly in Asking and Receiving: "Prayer is not a lovely sedan for a sight seeing trip around the city. Prayer is a truck that goes straight into the warehouse, backs up, loads and comes home with the goods ..."

AMEN!! Great post, thank you.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #4278
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope this is a blessing...

God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8

Four people—a pilot, a professor, a pastor, and a hiker—were flying in a small plane when the engines died. The pilot said, “There are only three parachutes. Since this is my plane, I’m taking one of them.” He put it on and jumped out. The professor said, “I’m brilliant and the world needs me, so I’m taking a parachute,” and he jumped out.

Then the pastor told the hiker, “I don’t want to be selfish, so you take the last parachute.” The hiker replied, “There are still two left, so we can each have one. The professor jumped out with my backpack instead of the parachute!” Though the professor thought he would land safely, his assurance was based on faulty thinking.

Some people have an assurance of salvation based on faulty thinking. They believe that church attendance, baptism, or just being good will gain them approval from God. But our thinking is faulty if it isn’t based on what God says in His Word. God says that “all have sinned” and that we are His enemies. But through the death and resurrection of His Son, we can be made right with God (Rom. 3:23; 5:8-10). By faith in what Christ has done, we can have peace with God (5:1) and the assurance of eternal life in heaven.

Do you believe it? Your eternity is at stake. Don’t trust faulty thinking but put your faith in Christ. —Anne Cetas

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus—
Trusting only Thee;
Trusting Thee for full salvation,
Great and free. —Havergal

If we could earn our salvation, Christ would not have died to provide it.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #4279
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for this wonderful message, Caterina!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #4280
Die Cut Diva

Thought I'd share these thoughts by Eric Elder from www.theranch.org

As you read your Bible this week, I want to encourage you to read the text for what it says, filling your mind with God's words. Take time to meditate on the words that you're reading, mulling them over in your mind, reflecting on what the words mean and what they might mean to your life today. And be sure to pray while you're reading, asking God to speak to you about the words on the page, realizing that His word really is "living and active" (Hebrews 4:12). This is one of the best ways to spend as much time with Him as possible.

Remember that the Bible is not just a textbook on living. It's a textbook that comes with a built-in teacher, the Holy Spirit of God. It's like taking a class in school and being taught by the actual author of the textbook. While you can learn a lot by just reading the text, you can learn so much more when you go to class with the Teacher, asking Him your questions, letting Him give you more insights into what He's written, and letting Him correct your thinking in those cases where you've possibly misread the text or missed a critical word here or there. Don't just read the text and miss spending time with the Teacher! You'll love your classes more, and He'll love spending the extra time with you, too!