Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #4121
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Love this... have seen it before but thought to share it.

Why Jesus Is Better than Santa Claus

Santa lives at the North Pole ...
JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh ...
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year ...
JESUS is an ever-present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies ...
JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited ...
JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your
heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa ...
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap ...
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name; all he can say to the little
boy or girl is, "What's your name?" ...
JESUS knew your name before you did. Not only does He know
your name, He also knows your address. He knows your history
and future and He even knows how many hairs are on your
head.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly ...
JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO ...
JESUS offers health, help, and hope.

Santa says, "You better not cry" ...
JESUS says, "Cast all your cares on me, for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys ...
JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken
homes, and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle, but ...
JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree ...
JESUS became our gift and died on a tree.

It's obvious there is really no comparison. We need to
remember WHO Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ
back in CHRISTmas. Jesus is still the reason for the season.

Yes, Jesus is better, he is even better than Santa Claus.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #4122
Die Cut Diva

This is good, Caterina! I just copied it and emailed it to a couple of people for their enjoyment.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #4123
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Servant View Post
This is good, Caterina! I just copied it and emailed it to a couple of people for their enjoyment.

Thanks, Rita, got it in my email as well as on facebook so share away.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #4124
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Having a ministry with Coles Foundation, this spoke to me...

I've learned that the holiday season is hard for many people. Make a difference by showing you CARE.

Connect - When someone is hurting, we often don't know what to say or do. But even simply expressing, "I don't know what to say but I'm sorry and I care about you," in person or in writing can bring a lot of comfort.

Accept - When we try to help someone, it's easy to try to direct their emotions or give advice. By accepting others and allowing them to safely express sadness, anger, fear, frustration, and other emotions in our presence, we help them heal.

Respond - You can take action by bringing a meal, babysitting, or running an errand. Or you might do something more symbolic like donating to a charity in honor of a loved one, writing down a special memory in a card, or giving a thoughtful gift.

Extend - People are often flooded with attention when a loss occurs but support usually decreases over time. By remembering and continuing to reach out, especially during the holidays and on special occasions, you can help bring encouragement and hope.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #4125
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this...really neat, just wished I could have been there.

A group called 'Journey of Faith' used the time of year to bring a
singing "Flash Mob" about Jesus to a US Mall. Take a look-

Christmas Flash Mob by Journey of Faith at South Bay Galleria - official video - YouTube
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #4126
Die Cut Diva

I watched this video the first thing this morning ..... what a wonderful way to start my day .... and I shed a few tears as I watched it! Thank you, Caterina!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, dear friend!

~ Rita
Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #4127
Insane Embellisher

It has been so long since stopping in to say hello. Caterina, thank you so much for posting all the "heart" filled things you do each day. I ended my day with the video and I like Rita had tears in my eyes, the look on the young boys face toward the end just said so much. Wishing all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #4128
Pearl-ExPert

Loved that Flash Mob. Merry Christmas all!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #4129
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana's cookies View Post
It has been so long since stopping in to say hello. Caterina, thank you so much for posting all the "heart" filled things you do each day. I ended my day with the video and I like Rita had tears in my eyes, the look on the young boys face toward the end just said so much. Wishing all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

So good to have you come by!! Wishing you a super blessed Merry CHRISTmas!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #4130
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldumont999 View Post
Loved that Flash Mob. Merry Christmas all!!!

Louise, so good to hear from you!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #4131
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

The Birth of Perfect Love
By James Robison

This weekend our family and friends are celebrating far more than seasonal holidays or winter break. Our hearts sing, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come…” We gladly receive the King and our hearts have gladly prepared room for this love gift from God. No apology for our devotion because, “He first loved us.” Imagine such royalty as a newborn baby lying in a manger, wrapped in modest rags as all heaven looked on rejoicing. Perfect love was born in a lowly stable because there was no room in the inn. “The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.” What a picture!

This wonderful love gift not only humbled Himself in pauper’s birth, but also humbled Himself unto death on the criminal’s cross, so we could not only witness the redemptive work of perfect love, but experience it and continually express it in our daily lives. “Oh what love that He would die for me!” The songs, choruses, and hymns echo the story of this love expressed through the birth, life, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

While a world trapped in darkness and deception assaults not only the mention of Christmas holidays and the simple greeting “Merry Christmas,” the truth is we are witnessing far more than an attack on a Christian celebration. This is part of a fierce assault on God Himself and especially Jesus Christ by those who want to replace Divine Providence with secular progressivism. When the Christ who came to set captives free is left out, defeat, bondage, and poverty prevails both physically and spiritually. My dear friends, please join with believers loving and reaching out to those who have chosen to be enemies of Christ and the cross, but do not bow down before them or give in to their attacks on faith, family, and freedom. The Bible declares that faith, freedom, fullness, blessings, compassion, and courage all depend upon the power of God’s perfect gift which we celebrate this weekend. All things, including faith, work by love. The love God has given us in Christ is to be shared faithfully and consistently through us every day of the year.

As you rejoice in this matchless gift of love, I pray you will have special time with family and friends this weekend honoring our Lord. I pray comfort for all who reflect on loved ones who are no longer with us, but forever with Him.

Let me share a condensed, edited version of thoughts concerning Jesus which Beth Moore’s daughter Melissa posted on their ministry blog at Living Proof Ministries

The Mystery of the Incarnation: A Scriptural Tapestry of Jesus as Man and God by Gregory of Nazianzus

“He was baptized as man, but He destroyed sins as God; He himself was not in need of purifying rites, but He was baptized… He was tempted as man, but He conquered as God; He encouraged us to be courageous, since He had conquered the world. He was hungry, but He fed thousands; He is indeed life-giving heavenly bread. He was thirsty, but He shouted, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink freely”; He also promised that those who believe would gush forth with water. He was tired, but for those who are tired and heavy laden He is rest. He was heavy with sleep, but He is light upon the sea; He even rebukes winds; He makes Peter light when he is sinking. He pays tax, but He does so from a fish; He is even king of those demanding the tax. He hears himself called a Samaritan and demon-possessed, but He saves the one who went down from Jerusalem and fell among robbers; He is recognized by demons and drives out demons, and He sinks a legion of spirits and witnessed the ruler of demons falling like lightning. He is stoned, but He is not caught. He prays, and He answers prayers. He weeps, but He causes tears to cease. He asks where Lazarus is laid, for He was man, but He raises Lazarus, for He was God. He is sold, and very cheaply, for it was for thirty silver coins, but He buys back the world, and it was for a great price, for it was for His own blood. He was led as a sheep to slaughter, but He shepherds Israel, and now, indeed, the whole inhabited world. He is silent like a lamb, but He is the Word, being proclaimed by a voice of one shouting in the desert. He has been weakened, wounded, but He heals every disease and every infirmity. He is lifted up upon the tree, He is fixed to it, but He restores by the tree of life; He saves a robber crucified with Him; He darkens everything that is seen. He is given cheap wine to drink, He is fed bile. Who? The One who changed the water into wine, the destroyer of the bitter taste, the One who is sweetness and fulfills all desires. He hands over His life, but He has authority to take it again; the curtain is torn apart and the things above are revealed, rocks are split; the dead are raised beforehand. He dies, but He makes alive, and by death He destroys death. He is buried, but He rises. He goes down into Hades, but He brings up souls; He goes up into heaven; but He will come to judge the living and the dead…”

Let us rejoice together thanking God for His perfect and matchless gift! Happy Birthday, Jesus, and may each of you have a Christ-exalting Christmas!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #4132
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning to all!!

Andrew Murray stated “The world asks, ‘What does a man own?’
Christ asks, ‘How does he use it?’ ”

Spiritually, you already know, you only get to keep what you give away. We are rich only through what we give: and poor only through what we refuse and keep.

We seek joy in what we give, not in what we get. The Dead Sea is the dead sea because it continually receives, and never gives.

At its best, giving is an act of worship. Getters generally don’t get happiness; givers get it.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” Calvin Coolidge 30th U.S. president

The measure of a life is not its duration, but its donation.

You can't out give God – try as you might.

Billionaire R.G. LeTourneau once said “I shovel [money] out, and God shovels it back ... but God has a bigger shovel!”
Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #4133
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY AND BLESSED 2012!!!!

Happy New Year?

by Randy Robison

This is the weekend that millions of people wish each other, “Happy New Year.” But is happiness really something we should seek? Obviously, it depends on what you mean by “happiness.” The two primary definitions employed in our modern vernacular are “pleasure” and “joy.” We say, “I’m happy my team won,” to mean, “I’m pleased with the victory.” But this is not genuine happiness; it is mere satisfaction with a condition, which will inevitably change. Real happiness is what we also call “joy.”

This happiness is not a condition, but a characteristic. We understand the necessity of love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. But happiness? It is easily overlooked or dismissed as unattainable in this life.

From a biblical perspective, happiness holds the same status as these other virtues. It is not the goal of a relationship with Christ, but a promised byproduct. Psalm 16 says, “In Your presence is fullness of joy.” Jesus himself said, “These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.” Paul lists joy as a fruit of life in the Holy Spirit.

If someone asks whether you are a happy person, you don’t really reflect on your immediate circumstances and ignore the totality of your life. If you’re honest, you go to your core state of mind. You may have won the lottery yesterday, but even that doesn’t guarantee happiness today. Your true state of happiness reflects your overall joy in life. Scriptures repeatedly indicate that as His people, we should have joy, which is to truly be happy.

The last year may have been difficult for you. Happiness may be in short supply. If so, take the words of the Psalmist to heart:

"Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God." (Psalm 43:5, NAS)

James said, “Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.” (James 5:13b, NAS) God wants to deliver you from your despair and make you cheerful, so you must put your hope in Him. When this happens, it shows in our “countenance,” which in the Hebrew is paniym, literally translated as “face.” God’s joy, once alive in your soul, will manifest itself on your face!

If God’s word isn’t enough to make you consider your own happiness, consider two critical truths. First, your happiness affects your loved ones. How many children have been damaged by unhappy parents? The same is true for the man or woman whose spouse is perennially unhappy. An innate unhappiness reveals itself in our words and in our countenance. Conversely, true joy comes out, too. When it does, it impacts our loved ones. We owe it to them to cultivate God’s joy in our lives so that it will spill over into their lives.

Second, if you claim to be a Christian, your happiness impacts God’s kingdom. As a believer, your witness creates an impression on those who do not know God or who may be struggling in their faith. If you convey misery and claim to have the Holy Spirit in your life, this mixed message repels others. Let’s face it; nobody wants to be like you if you’re unhappy.

I was having lunch with a friend one day and the service was terrible. The waiter took forever to take our order, only refilled our drinks because we flagged him down, and brought the check without ever asking whether we wanted anything else. He truly seemed like he didn’t care. I was buying lunch that day and when I paused to calculate gratuity, my friend asked, “Are you really going to tip him?”

The question was legitimate. The waiter deserved nothing. He didn’t earn a dime. But I tipped 20 percent just the same. When my friend laughed and asked why I did that, I replied, “It’s not about him. It’s about me. I am a good tipper.”

That can be our attitude toward happiness. No matter what happens, we can say, “It’s not about my temporary circumstances; it’s about the eternal joy I have in Jesus Christ. Therefore, I am happy.”

God desires joy in your life – not as a mere feeling or mood, but as something that you first possess, then express to others. The human tendency is to approach happiness from a purely emotional standpoint, but if you will understand it spiritually and master it intellectually, this truth will transform your mind and greatly improve your life. Jesus came to give you His all-consuming joy. If you own it, you can then share it. When you do, it will be evident for others to see. Then, you can really have a happy new year.

Randy Robison is the author of God Wants You To Be Happy (Harvest House).

Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #4134
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share one of Cole's Foundation's weekly inspiration..

Another year is behind us and yet an entire new world of possibilities and opportunity is before us. When we think of our new years resolutions it is a chance for a fresh start, and a new beginning. I want to share with you a story I had heard the other night.

It is a story of hope and a beautiful result of God’s grace. This particular circumstance began over 20 years prior. It was a constant sibling rivalry or should I say a difficult family dynamic. For years things just were not right. It wasn’t one single thing that caused this but rather many little things over a course of many years. Things escalated while the walls were built.

Recently one of the two family members who was in this family battle became really sick. To make a long story short, it came to this moment where both individuals were in the hospital room with one lying on the bed. He mentioned to the other, come, come sit by me. We can’t go on like this anymore, I want this to all be over! Will you forgive me for anything I have done and can I hear that my sins are washed in the precious blood of the lamb.

SCRIPTURE:

Titus 3:5
King James Version (KJV)
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

REFLECTION:

Years, and years of controversy and tension was taken care of in a matter of seconds. It is an absolutely perfect example of why Jesus came to this earth and gave His life for us. It was that reason that this family dynamic could be changed. It only took seconds to make things right. A chance for a true “new start”.

A new year and a new beginning, but still nothing compares to the new start that we are given because of “grace”! May we remember this year the opportunity we are all given to make things right!

May God bless you this new year!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #4135
Insane Embellisher

Good Evening !

Caterina, you are such a blessing to all of us with your post each and everyday!

Not sure where each of you live but here it is cold and windy today, only a little snow which is odd for us in Minnesota. The front yard looks like a "herd" of deer went through each and every night . In our garage is a butter fly to keep my husband company when he is out working on a project , sure he doesn't understand the weather and where the others have gone. Sure we won't get to enjoy him long without the sweet nectar of the flowers.

Want to wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #4136
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good morning, good to see you stop by Gloria.

Asking for prayer... physical stuff, especially gastric, is acting up. The doctor keeps talking about putting me in the hospital for a few days but am trying to avoid that.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #4137
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thought to share this link from James Robison - love watching him every morning on Life Today -

Sinking the Titanic in 3D | jamesrobison.net
Old 01-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #4138
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Good morning, good to see you stop by Gloria.

Asking for prayer... physical stuff, especially gastric, is acting up. The doctor keeps talking about putting me in the hospital for a few days but am trying to avoid that.

Thanks!
Caterina .... so sorry to hear that you are still being troubled with those gastric issues. I continue to lift you and Reynold up in my prayers each night. I'm also going to contact an intercessory prayer group and request prayer for you.

Hugs dear friend,
Rita
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #4139
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina .... so sorry to hear that you are still being troubled with those gastric issues. I continue to lift you and Reynold up in my prayers each night. I'm also going to contact an intercessory prayer group and request prayer for you.

Hugs dear friend,
Rita
Thank you my dear sweet caring friend.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #4140
Insane Embellisher

Caterina, Of course will keep you in prayer, you have been there so very much for me over the time I first came upon your site!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #4141
Kookie Creator

Caterina,
May Jesus put his heating pad on your gastrointestinal anatomy . He definitely wants you to feel the warmth of his healing and love. I pray you'll accept his warmth and love.

Love,
Elaine
Old 01-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #4142
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Caterina, Of course will keep you in prayer, you have been there so very much for me over the time I first came upon your site!
Hi nana! Email me sometime. Ain't the weather in Minnesota just beautiful. We had 60 degrees here on Thursday. PTL!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #4143
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Thank you so much!!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #4144
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by naner0331 View Post
Caterina,
May Jesus put his heating pad on your gastrointestinal anatomy . He definitely wants you to feel the warmth of his healing and love. I pray you'll accept his warmth and love.

Love,
Elaine

Elaine, so very good to hear from you - thanks so much for your prayers.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #4145
Insane Embellisher

Thinking of you and praying you are feeling better.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #4146
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Thinking of you and praying you are feeling better.

Thanks so much, am debating whether to call my gastro guy or not. The last several phone conversations he has expressed putting me back in the hospital for treatment and tests.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #4147
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hope this weekly inspirational from COLES Foundation will be a blessing.

Trust God!
By Rick Warren

You may be facing a dead end right now—financial, emotional, relational—but if you will trust God and keep on moving in faith, even when you don’t see a way, he will make a way.

It will become more understandable as you head down the path he sets before you, but understanding is not a requirement for you to start down the path. Proverbs 4:18 says, “The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter till the full light of day.” (NIV)

One day you will stand in the full light of eternity and view the big picture. You’ll see God’s purpose behind the path he specifically chose for you.

SCRIPTURE:

Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

REFLECTION:

In the meantime, do what Proverbs 3 tells us to do: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Be patient. God knows what He’s doing. God knows what is best for you. He can see the end result. You can’t. All those problems, heartaches, difficulties and delays -- all the things that make you ask “why” -- one day it will all be clear in the light of God’s love.

But for now, we’re learning to trust God.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #4148
Insane Embellisher

Oh, Caternia, sorry you aren't feeling any better. Does your Dr. still think it is for the better to go to the hospital for a rest?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #4149
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Oh, Caternia, sorry you aren't feeling any better. Does your Dr. still think it is for the better to go to the hospital for a rest?

Since it has been a couple years since I was inpatient for treatment and tests, he thinks I may be due. Trying not to go until absolutely necessary. Another doctor last month said I should consider surgery on both my shoulders so.... taking it one day at a time.

Thanks so much sweetie for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #4150
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Had to share this adorable video of a very sweet precious little girl...

Jesus Loves You » SO ADORABLE: 3-Year-Old So Excited to Praise God!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #4151
Insane Embellisher

How are you feeling? Hope better.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #4152
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
How are you feeling? Hope better.

Talked with my gastro guy today and he wants to see my asap next week. Thanks for asking and for praying.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #4153
Insane Embellisher

Glad you are getting in next week, we need you on the road to recovery!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #4154
Die Cut Diva

Caterina ... please keep us updated on your health! You're in our prayers, dear friend.

~ Rita
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #4155
Die Cut Diva

How to Pray for the Soul - Yours or Another

John Piper

For thoughtful people, how they pray for the soul is governed by how they believe God acts. So, for example, if they believe God changes people’s souls so that they make new and right choices, then they will ask God to make those soul-changes through evangelism and nurture. But not everybody is thoughtful about the way they pray. They don’t think about what view of God is behind their praying.

So what I suggest is that we learn first to pray for the soul from the way the Bible prays for the soul. If we do that, then our prayers will probably be good prayers, and in the process we will also learn about how God acts. Here is the way I pray for my soul. I use these prayers over and over again—for myself and my children and wife and for the staff and the elders and for all the church. This is the meat and potatoes of my prayer life.

The first thing my soul needs is an inclination to God and his word. Without that, nothing else will happen of any value in my life. I must want to know God and read his word and draw near to him. Where does that “want to” come from? It comes from God. So Psalm 119:36 teaches us to pray, “Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to gain."

Next I need to have the eyes of my heart opened, so that when my inclination leads me to the word I see what is really there and not just my own ideas. Who opens the eyes of the heart? God does. So Psalm 119:18 teaches us to pray, “Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law.”

Then I need for my heart to be enlightened with these “wonders.” I need to perceive glory in them and not just interesting facts. Who enlightens the heart? God does. So Ephesians 1:18 teaches us to pray “That the eyes of your heart may be enlightened.”

Then I am concerned that my heart is fragmented and that parts of it might remain in the dark while other parts are enlightened. So I long for my heart to be united for God. Where does that wholeness and unity come from? From God. So Psalm 86:11 teaches us to pray, “O Lord, I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name.”

What I really want from all this engagement with the Word of God and the work of his Spirit in answer to my prayers is that my heart will be satisfied with God and not with the world. Where does that satisfaction come from? It comes from God. So Psalm 90:14 teaches us to pray, “O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.”

But I don’t just want to be happy in my own little private world with God. I want my happiness to be as full as possible for spreading and expanding for others. I want to be strong in joy. This will make me durable in the face of threats or adversity. Where does that strength and durability come from? It comes from God. So Ephesians 3:16 teaches us to pray, “That God would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man.”

Finally, I want my strength in Christ to produce good deeds for others so that the glory of God will be seen in my life. Who produces these good deeds? God does. So Colossians 1:10 teaches us to pray, “That [we] will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord . . . bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.”

All this I pray “in Jesus’ name,” because God gives these things to my soul only because Jesus died for me and removed the wrath of God so that the Father might “freely give me all things” (Romans 8:32).

To remember some of these prayers, I use an acronym—IOUS—almost every day in praying for those I love, asking God to give us an inclination to his Word and not to money or fame or power (Psalm 119:36), and to open our eyes to see wonderful things when we read his Word ( Psalm 119:18 ), and to have hearts united in the fear of God rather than fragmented over a dozen concerns (Psalm 86:11), and to be satisfied in his steadfast love (Psalm 90:14).

Learning to pray and learning how God acts,
Pastor John.

By John Piper. © Desiring God. Website: www.desiringGod.org.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #4156
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina ... please keep us updated on your health! You're in our prayers, dear friend.

~ Rita

Thanks so much Rita, will be calling the doctor today to make an appointment.

Thanks too for your very encouraging devotion.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #4157
Insane Embellisher

So very glad you will be in touch with your Doctor, you are so important to us . Keep us posted and you will be in our prayers .
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #4158
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
So very glad you will be in touch with your Doctor, you are so important to us . Keep us posted and you will be in our prayers .

Thanks so much. Have an appointment on Friday at 10:30 and so appreciate your prayers.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #4159
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just had to share this awesome video.

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word - YouTube
Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #4160
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you all for your thoughts, concerns and prayers regarding my appointment today.

Reynold and I had a good appointment with the doctor today. I even gained a couple of pounds!!! We discussed where I am right now with all the gastric stuff and while the jtube is still on the table as an option, Dr. S said he will not push for it now. PTL!!

He wants me to continue to eat what I can, supplement with Ensure and try to keep my weight above 100 lbs. I know you all probably think you wish the doctor would tell you to gain weight but sadly, food now has become like an enemy instead of something enjoyable. So guys eat something really good for me and enjoy it to the fullest!!

Wish you all could have been in the office when Dr. S turned to Reynold and did an imitation of me, saying things like, "Oh no, I have to eat something", "Oh dear what am I going to eat", etc., etc. We were all laughing. After 30 years, he knows me well and is such a loving, caring guy - am truly blessed.

Thank you sooooo much for your prayers - am extremely thankful to the Lord for the great doctor he has given me.