Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #361
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephStamps1982 View Post
Wow! I didn't know we went to phase 2 of this thread...have I been away that long? Geesh!

Things have been busy around here...with both girls in school and me working part time...and still trying to take care of everything...without much help...it hasn't been easy and I certainly haven't had a merry heart lately...

I've been feeling really down and feeling like noone cares...and rather alone...funny right...since there are 6 people total living here but it seems like everyone needs something from me at some point or another...but doesn't notice that I'm different...I sometimes wonder if they see me at all...or if I am just like a peice of furniture around here...that happens to do the things that need to get done.

Anyhow, I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still alive. Prayers would be greatly appreciated...and I could really use some "happy mail". I just don't know why I'm in this slump...I haven't even been stamping very much lately...
Stephanie,
I just want to give you a big hug, or maybe just sit next to you and cry! Because I have been feeling the same way a lot, lately, and haven't been brave enough to post it! Well, in my case it's not so much that I feel no one sees me because I am waaaay too vocal for that to ever be the case; but still I can relate to feeling down in the dumps and unable to pull yourself out of it, even though I "know" my faith should make it go away because I have so much to be thankful for. I know that, but I forget it...does that make sense?!
You know what, life is hard. It really is. I keep looking for it to get better or easier. But we were made for perfection, for Heaven. Sometimes we are just more aware of that than other times, I guess.
I hope that doesn't bring you down even more to say all that! That's not how I mean it...I mean to say you are not alone!
Hugs,

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephStamps1982 View Post
Wow! I didn't know we went to phase 2 of this thread...have I been away that long? Geesh!

Things have been busy around here...with both girls in school and me working part time...and still trying to take care of everything...without much help...it hasn't been easy and I certainly haven't had a merry heart lately...

I've been feeling really down and feeling like noone cares...and rather alone...funny right...since there are 6 people total living here but it seems like everyone needs something from me at some point or another...but doesn't notice that I'm different...I sometimes wonder if they see me at all...or if I am just like a peice of furniture around here...that happens to do the things that need to get done.

Anyhow, I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still alive. Prayers would be greatly appreciated...and I could really use some "happy mail". I just don't know why I'm in this slump...I haven't even been stamping very much lately...
Steph, so glad to hear from you but so sorry you are in a slump. Over the years, have felt many times as you do right now and feel your pain.

Please know we are here for you and want to encourage you in any way we can. Feel free to post or send pms anytime you have a need.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Steph, so glad to hear from you but so sorry you are in a slump. Over the years, have felt many times as you do right now and feel your pain.

Please know we are here for you and want to encourage you in any way we can. Feel free to post or send pms anytime you have a need.
oh, that's exactly what I need LESS of! Just kidding, reading that as "PMS" ha ha

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #364
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post

And ... churches are limited by tax regulations ...
but Christians gathering in other places aren't ... and that's where we need to discuss things.
hi...Gail! first i wanted to thank you for the beautiful fragrance of prayer earlier today.

and yes..I agree...churches are limited by tax regulations, but Christians can gather other places...key being other places...to discuss whatever they want.
i think sometimes that is why members of churches get upset when it appears
"the church" is not doing anything about certain political subjects. But actually the church is us, as people...not buildings.

I find it refreshing that some of you are able to state your case online. I have done so in some arenas about some HOT topics, but never back and forth on the internet.

OK...I went completly OUT of my comfort zone. TADA!

toni
http://www.39thaveink.blogspot.com
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #365
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Elee ... let me clarify please.
If you really want to talk about politics here, that's fine.
I get far too much of it because I'm a CE moderator. It's just an overdose that I've gotten right now ... we had our federal election here in Canada on Tuesday.

AS long as it doesn't turn into CE ...

And ... churches are limited by tax regulations ...
but Christians gathering in other places aren't ... and that's where we need to discuss things.
church is where I gather with other Christians-other than here and an occasional get together that is set up for a purpose [like baby showers or meetings]
Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #366
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn and Steph:
The Lord bless you and Keep you, the Lord be gracious unto you and give you peace.

hugs~

toni

toni
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #367
Pearl-ExPert

boy is my face red! I got Gail and Wendy mixed up...sorry!
Wendy thank you for the beautiful prayer, and i have been praying for your SIL, any baby yet?

Gail thank for the help with CE.

Maybe i should only stick with one thread, the doctor seems to think this is good for my cognitive strengthening...I don't know

toni
Old 10-18-2008, 05:42 AM   #368
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Toni - no problem ... I was trying to figure out how anybody knew I'd been praying ... 'cos I hadn't been posting about that ...

I'm off to SU! Regionals here shortly ... I'm looking forward to it.

Gail
Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #369
Stazon Splitcoast

Steph....please know that I am praying for you. I totally understand what you are saying. I think everyone from time to time feels like they are being ignored....and are just tired and blue. I shall pray that the Holy Spirit fills your heart and that God's love will fill you up. We love ya hon'.

Elee...I shall be praying for your FIL as well. I know when I have spoken to my Mom, and well as my in-laws they too are sad that so many who they have loved in their life are now gone from this earth. Time goes by quickly, and that is why we all need to find the joy in each and every day.....the very fact that he is sharing this with you is a great testiment to you.

Gail...even though you aren't asking for it...I shall pray for you as well. I am sure that it isn't easy over in CE, and we definitely don't want this to turn into that. This place is my "safe place" as well...and I want to keep it that way.

It is a beautiful day here in Phoenix. My DS is a bit under the weather and just awoke from a nap this afternoon, after getting sick this morning. Our DD got her haircut this morning, and we picked up her new eyeglasses. Gosh she looks so mature. Going out to mass and out to dinner tonight to celebrate my DH and my 17th Anniversary. As I said earlier...time does go by quickly. I feel blessed to have married him. Grateful to that the guy loves me and still thinks I am cute. Even after all these years....

Have a great weekend ladies....
Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #370

Thank you Doris. It is difficult. I have to walk away every few days for a break.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good evening dear friends, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying lots of blessings.

Ever since Reynold retired, we are busier than ever. Yesterday we were blessed to have our eldest grandson for our monthly visit which is always a joy. Today we got to partake of a combined birthday party for our two youngest grandsons, Camron, 3 and Conrad, 1. Our granddaughter turned 18 a couple of weeks ago so we have all Autumn babies. We are so very grateful to the Lord for our healthy, active grandchildren.

Have become very involved in a new ministry with a new Foundation called C.O.L.E. (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally). It was started in honor of a very special three year boy named Cole who recently died of cancer. His parents are doing everything they can now to be an encouragement and a blessing to other parents who are going through what they have experienced. They also want to use the foundation to make people aware of how many children are diagnosed with cancer and for most of them it is fatal. Up until now, I had no idea how many children suffer terribly from this and usually end up losing their battle. It breaks my heart, however, God is using this in a mighty way and grateful to be such a small part of it.

Sorry for being so late with this devotional but better late than...

Fatal Flaws

“All these people were still living by faith when they died.” Hebrews 11:13

If you’re a fan of Shakespeare, you know that his heroes always have a serious character flaw. I guess it’s what makes for a good story—and teaches some important lessons too.

The same is true of our Bible hero Abraham. His flaw? Fear.

Twice Abraham succumbed to the fear that the rulers of other nations would kill him and steal his wife. So he deceived the kings and said that she was his sister, in essence welcoming them to take her into their harems. By letting fear dictate his actions, he put at great risk God’s promise and plan that through Abraham and Sarah a great nation would be born from whom Jesus the redeemer would ultimately come (Genesis 12:1-3; 15:4-5).

Not Abraham’s proudest moments—but thankfully, God intervened. In Genesis 20 we learn that “God came to Abimelech in a dream one night and said to him, ‘You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman’” (v.3). Suddenly the tables of fear were turned, as Abimelech and all his officials “were very much afraid” v.8! When they confronted Abraham, he replied, “I said to myself, ‘There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife’” (v.11). He had let fear get the best of him.

But before you come down too hard on Abraham, it might be good to ask: For fear of losing your job, would you put your integrity at risk? For fear of appearing old-fashioned, would you put righteousness at risk? For fear of being ridiculed or misunderstood, would you neglect sharing the gospel and put someone’s eternity at risk?

If you’ve ever felt the intimidation of fear, then be assured that only one thing will conquer your fears: tenacious faith in God—in His presence, His protection, His power, His promises. Remember, God is bigger than your biggest fear!

And here’s the good news: Abraham is actually known for his legacy as a man of faith. In fact, the “Hall of Faith” chapter gives Abraham a lot of good press (Hebrews 11:8-19)! Thankfully he wasn’t marked forever by his flaw.

Maybe it’s not fear in your life but another “fatal flaw” that consistently puts God’s will and plans for you at risk. But remember, your flaw doesn’t have to be fatal! Have faith in the fact that He will never ask you to do anything that He can’t bring to completion, even if it requires miraculous intervention on His part. Live in such a way that you can be counted among those who “were still living by faith when they died” (Hebrews 11:13)—even if things aren’t going the way you thought they would. And when your faith trumps your fear, He’ll turn your sweaty palms into raised hands of worship and praise!

God, thank You for the example of Abraham and for Your display of forgiveness and deliverance from his fear. By Your grace, I trust You to give me victory over the “fatal flaw” that hinders my relationship with You and my witness for You.

OUR JOURNEY…

* Read the accounts of Abraham with the kings in Genesis 12:10-20 and chapter 20. What can you learn from the way God dealt with Abraham in regard to his flaw?
* Do you think you will still be “living by faith” to the end? If not, what flaw might be keeping you from believing in God’s purpose and plan for your life?
* Rejoice that you don’t have to be marked forever by your flaw, and go to the One who has no flaws! Make a list of some Scriptures that address your particular flaw, and pray through those verses, asking the Lord to help you reflect His character in that area.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Good evening everyone, we have had a very busy but blessed weekend. Reynold and I spent Friday with our eldest grandson, Alexander. It is always wonderful to visit with him.

Camron and Conrad stayed with us Friday evening so mommy and daddy could get their birthday party ready. Camron was 3 last month and Conrad turns 1 on Oct. 21st so they decided to do a combined party. Magda made a ton of food and one of her Polish dishes with chicken and pineapple.

Reynold and I are enjoying our time together but it does seem we are busier than ever.

Just received these pictures from JCPenney that were taken of Conrad.
Here is the link.

https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.as...P0714100282JCP
or go to http://www.smilesbywire.com and enter the following:

Customer Name: CATERINA GROVE
Access Code: LTPP0714100282JCP
Old 10-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #373
Insane Embellisher

Nice to hear from so many of you today when I was reading the thread on what is going on for everyone.

Stephanie, Lynn, All I can say is "been there, done that" as far as how you are feeling, and boy sometimes more then once in a day! Just hang in there, and it is so nice "us" girls have each other to chat with about what is on our minds.

Wendy, Any baby yet??? Hope all is going well for mom and baby.

Eleek, Your father in law is so lucky to have you to talk to about his faith, The Holy Spirit well give you just the words you need.

Doris, HAPPY ANV.!!!

Caterina, more cute baby pictures, love those black and white ones, something about black and white I just love, maybe it takes me back to when I was little and we didn't have color ones.

Naner, Sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was a very happy one.

Nice to hear from Toni, Margy and all the rest you have such encouraging words for all of us.

Beth, and what have you been up to???

Gail, wish our election was as quick as yours,Can you tell me what your job is on CE? I know I hear it at times but really don't know what you girls do.

well good night to all and hope you all have a wonderful week. Gloria
Old 10-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #374
Pearl-ExPert

Good Evening ladies! I just spent the afternoon cleaning dishes then making food again for dinner...I worked at church this morning and am feeling pretty well thank the Lord.

I hope all your weekends were blessed!

I really need to get busy starting tomorrow in the craft room and make some cards! Or paper crafts or something. I feel like i hit a dry patch...i have a 100 ideas in my mind and just can't seem to get them out of my head and into some cardstock...LOL!
You'll have to keep me on task

Thank you Beth for the beautiful message! I wish we lived closer...you really are a sweetie. As all of you ladies are...just beautiful spirits.

Caterina- I am so happy that you were able to spend time with the Grand Boys.

Hi Gloria and Margy, hope all is going well.

toni
Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone...is it Sunday night already. Where did this weekend go? Wish it was Friday night! Ha!

Yeah, Wendy...how is SIL?? and Baby??

Toni...I"m so glad you are feeling better today..that's awesome.

Naner...did you tell us wha tyou did for your Birthday? I hope you enjoyed the day.

Hi Gloria..how was your weekend?

And Margy too?

Steph...are things better today? I hope so....

Hi Lynn...it's always great to see you over here.

Gail.....I haven't been to CE for a few days....hope the natives haven't been too restless for you...heheehe!

Caterina....sounds like the new ministry is such a neat thing. How sad to loose a child to cancer though. I can't imagine but it seems they are turning this all into something good to help others who are going through the same thing.

Doris...Happy Anniversary, Sweetie! Hope you two love birds had a great eve ning.

Elee....hope you are having a good weekend. How is the job...and the hands?? and the pup??? He's so cute.

I'm sure I missed someone...but hope you are well.

Been a busy weekend here. Friday we had youth groups at the church. Sat. the boys had Flag football. My parents were in town at my sisters but came to the field for a bit of the practice and our oldests game. Then we ran a few errands, came home for about an hour then youngest ds went to a b-day party, then after that my nephew came over for a few hours. All in all, was a busy day and I had some sort of wierd headache for most of it! WAs not fun but we all managed.

Today was a lot more relaxed. Woke with my headache gone, church, a few errands, and I spent the afternoon making a few cards....now I'm ready for bed......

Hope everyone is well and have a Happy Monday tomorrow....yuck....is it Monday.....wish the weekend would just go on and on and on! LOL!

Hugs everyone!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #376

Gloria - I'm a moderator in several of the Demo forums, and also in Current Events (CE).
What do moderators do? We ...
... get emails whenever somebody reports a post (clicks the little asterisk in the lower left corner)
... collectively decide what to do about said reported post
... in the Demo Forums ... often mostly we move threads around so that they are in the correct subforum
... kinda watch out that posters aren't violating guidelines or the SCS Terms of Service (TOS)

BST/Swap mods follow up on situations where there is a problem with a sale, trade, or swap. Fortunately, I don't do that.

It's a volunteer position. We do it to help keep this awesome community 'working' ...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
Lynn and Steph:
The Lord bless you and Keep you, the Lord be gracious unto you and give you peace.

hugs~

toni

wow, thanks Toni...this really was like healing oil to my soul for some reason!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good evening everyone, we have had a very busy but blessed weekend. Reynold and I spent Friday with our eldest grandson, Alexander. It is always wonderful to visit with him.

Camron and Conrad stayed with us Friday evening so mommy and daddy could get their birthday party ready. Camron was 3 last month and Conrad turns 1 on Oct. 21st so they decided to do a combined party. Magda made a ton of food and one of her Polish dishes with chicken and pineapple.

Reynold and I are enjoying our time together but it does seem we are busier than ever.

Just received these pictures from JCPenney that were taken of Conrad.
Here is the link.

https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.as...P0714100282JCP
or go to http://www.smilesbywire.com and enter the following:

Customer Name: CATERINA GROVE
Access Code: LTPP0714100282JCP
What a cutie! I forgot how a one year old looked!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #379
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39th Ave. Ink View Post
Good Evening ladies! I just spent the afternoon cleaning dishes then making food again for dinner...I worked at church this morning and am feeling pretty well thank the Lord.

I hope all your weekends were blessed!

I really need to get busy starting tomorrow in the craft room and make some cards! Or paper crafts or something. I feel like i hit a dry patch...i have a 100 ideas in my mind and just can't seem to get them out of my head and into some cardstock...LOL!You'll have to keep me on task

Thank you Beth for the beautiful message! I wish we lived closer...you really are a sweetie. As all of you ladies are...just beautiful spirits.

Caterina- I am so happy that you were able to spend time with the Grand Boys.

Hi Gloria and Margy, hope all is going well.
I can relate.
I feel like all I do is buy buy buy, and never actually USE my stuff! Every night I feel like I am too tired, or I spend my energy in SCS d'oh!
I actually don't have too many ideas, I just copy others...that's part of the problem I think!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
I can relate.
I feel like all I do is buy buy buy, and never actually USE my stuff! Every night I feel like I am too tired, or I spend my energy in SCS d'oh!
I actually don't have too many ideas, I just copy others...that's part of the problem I think!
So ... I think it's time for art class with your dd ... go to the craft area together ... and create together. Don't worry about making it awesome ... just have fun with dd ... ask her for help and ideas ... let her pick a set to work with ... it'll be part of her homeschooling ... and some fun time together!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #381

Caterina ...
I'm so glad that you are enjoying your shared retirement TOGETHER! The way you speak of your dh just radiates the love you share for each other! It's an encouragement to me!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #382
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Caterina ...
I'm so glad that you are enjoying your shared retirement TOGETHER! The way you speak of your dh just radiates the love you share for each other! It's an encouragement to me!
Gail, thank you so much for your sweet words. When we married in 1989, Reynold's children were 15 & 14 and it was a challenge with lots of hurdles and bumps along the way. However, God has blessed us through it all and has drawn us closer to Him and one another.

Hang in there and hold on tight even if there are hurdles and bumps along the way.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #383

Quote:
Gail, thank you so much for your sweet words. When we married in 1989, Reynold's children were 15 & 14 and it was a challenge with lots of hurdles and bumps along the way. However, God has blessed us through it all and has drawn us closer to Him and one another.

Hang in there and hold on tight even if there are hurdles and bumps along the way.
We were married that year also!
And there's been more than a few hurdles and bumps ... but God has brought us through it!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #384
Pearl-ExPert

Default A Little Bling From The King

Crowns
[/COLOR]

"For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due hime for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."--2 Corinthians 5:10

Adults pooh-pooh the idea of rewards in heavenm but children don't. Like a student before his teacher, a child squirms in delight at the anticipation of a reward, much less a jeweled crown of his very own. Maybe that's why Jesus said that children were best fit for the kingdom of heaven.

The kid in me would love, just love a crown in heaven. What's the big deal about crowns? The Bible celebrates the crowning day in 2 Corinthians 5:10 and goes on to mention specific crowns.

The crown of life is mentioned in James 1:12 is reserved for those who persevere under trials and withstand God's tests. The crown of rejoicing in 1 Thesssalonians 2:19 is a reward for believer who introduce others to Christ. The incorruptible crown in 1 Corinthians 9:25 is for those who are found to be pure and blameless on the judgment day. And in 1 Peter 5:2-4 there's a special crown reserved for Christian Leaders who have guided others---it even says that the Chief Shepherd Himself will present that crown.

But the child in me jumps up and down to think that I might be rewarded the crown talked about in 2 Timothy 4:8:"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

Heavenly crowns are not just rewards for a job well done on earth;crowns are a glorious consummation of the job itself.

How I long to hear You say, Lord, "Well done, good and faithful servant." What a reward that will be.

Devotional today Oct.20th 2008 Joni Eareckson Tada

toni
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #385
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd like a crown, that's for sure!

Our small group did a study a while back called A Llife God Rewards or something similar...I'm forgetting the exact title. And it was all about rewards in heaven. I never thought about it that much...thought everything would be fair and square...but from this book, there will be different rewards for jobs done here on earth...like your devo, Toni, talks about.....good stuff.....

Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #386
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
I'd like a crown, that's for sure!

Our small group did a study a while back called A Llife God Rewards or something similar...I'm forgetting the exact title. And it was all about rewards in heaven. I never thought about it that much...thought everything would be fair and square...but from this book, there will be different rewards for jobs done here on earth...like your devo, Toni, talks about.....good stuff.....
i am just hoping hear well done my good a faithful servant!
especially today...pray for me. Someone (volunteer) at my work treated one of my family members VERY un-Christlike...i would feel the same way if it was not my family member...Pray for me, because sometimes i can be Peter the ear lopper These are the types of things that can get my goat!

toni
Old 10-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #387
Hardware Hotshot

HI ladies-

So, I have a new niece!! My SIL had a c-section on Sat morning w/o any complications. Both are doing really well. The baby's name is Hannah Grace. Thank you so much for praying. We all appreciate it.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
HI ladies-

So, I have a new niece!! My SIL had a c-section on Sat morning w/o any complications. Both are doing really well. The baby's name is Hannah Grace. Thank you so much for praying. We all appreciate it.
CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME SWEET BABY HANNAH GRACE!!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #389
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone....

Well we didn't end up going out for dinner because our DS still had a fever. 100.5....so DD and I went to the children's mass that night and then picked up a pizza for us all. It was a quiet night, but still nice to just be together.

I have to share that the last couple of days have been a bit rough for me. Some family members are doing some unkind things, and are basically doing their best to keep me from communicating with my Mom who is in a nursing home since her stroke in March. I am so angry, and disappointed in them. I have shared my frustration with my girlfriends and my DH, and my sweet brother back in Iowa....and am working to find a resolution. If you all could...pray that I can find a good solution. And keep my patience and temper in check.

I was talking to one of my girlfriends this morning about the situation, and we were stating how hard it is to deal with family that is unkind. I told her this...and I thought it needed to be shared here too....

I think God creates us all and gives us special gifts to share. We all are candles ment to shine his love in the darkness. Sometimes we are by people who try to blow out our candles. Or we put up barriers to keep our flame from being distinguished by people who dislike us, or what to hurt us emotionally. But I think it is really important to be with people will will not try to blow out our flame. Who allow us to let our flame shine brightly... I shared that this is how I feel about many of my family members. They seem to constantly want to blow out my flame, or I feel like I have to constantly be protecting it from being extinguished. Therefore I have removed myself from them.... It is hard to be sure, but it helps me to keep my flame burning brightly. Does this make any sense?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #390
Stazon Splitcoast

Doris, it makes perfect sense. I'm so sorry about all of this. It just is sooo hard and you know I will continue to pray about the situation.

Toni....sounds like people are attacking your family, too! So sorry! I will pray about this...sounds like you and Doris couls swap stories and help each other out. People can just be 'poopy diaper heads' as I like to say......LOL!

Hugs to you both.....love you both a lot and wish I could give you a hug IRL.

Oh, good, thanks for posting the news here, Wendy. Love the baby's name...sweet Hannah Grace. Adorable!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #391
Stazon Splitcoast

Doris and Toni, I'm praying for you. This is really interesting, because I'm having this same situation, only it's my BFF that's getting wronged right now. Without going into all the details, she has an idea that something's not right, but isn't positive. Well, today when I went to work at our school I got confirmation of what she's suspecting. The problem is, if I tell her for certain what's going on she'll quit subbing at the school and I don't want her to quit. However, I just don't know if I should keep this from her either. Arrggh. I just don't know what to do, because I obviously don't have a clue what's best for her.

Hope everyone is doing well, it was so good to come back here today after being sick in bed all weekend . Now I have to convince the kids to get busy on their homework.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #392
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and Doris, your post reminded me of something the former pastor of our church once said, that God puts certain people in our lives in order for us to show grace. That's something I always keep with me whenever I have to deal with difficult people that I have to have in my life. Don't know if this will help you but it always helps me to understand these types of situations better.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #393

Doris ... it's so hard to deal with difficult family members ... and at a distance as well. I'm praying for you ... that you would know God's strength through this tough time. And that he would give you the qualities that you need right now!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Doris, you are certainly not alone in your situation. When my mom was in a nursing home, it fractured the family. No one wanted to be bothered in anyway with her but wanted to tell me what should or should not do. It finally came to the place of separation with one sister and two brothers in order for me to do what needed to be done and keep them from 'blowing out my candles'. Had one sister who just stayed supportive but neutral.

God used that time to teach me a lot about my mom, my siblings but mostly about me. It was a tough time but grateful for the experience and how the Lord removed some more of the ugly stuff inside my heart.

Hang in there as you walk this path and know we are here to give you all the support you need.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post
Hello everyone....

Well we didn't end up going out for dinner because our DS still had a fever. 100.5....so DD and I went to the children's mass that night and then picked up a pizza for us all. It was a quiet night, but still nice to just be together.

I have to share that the last couple of days have been a bit rough for me. Some family members are doing some unkind things, and are basically doing their best to keep me from communicating with my Mom who is in a nursing home since her stroke in March. I am so angry, and disappointed in them. I have shared my frustration with my girlfriends and my DH, and my sweet brother back in Iowa....and am working to find a resolution. If you all could...pray that I can find a good solution. And keep my patience and temper in check.

I was talking to one of my girlfriends this morning about the situation, and we were stating how hard it is to deal with family that is unkind. I told her this...and I thought it needed to be shared here too....

I think God creates us all and gives us special gifts to share. We all are candles ment to shine his love in the darkness. Sometimes we are by people who try to blow out our candles. Or we put up barriers to keep our flame from being distinguished by people who dislike us, or what to hurt us emotionally. But I think it is really important to be with people will will not try to blow out our flame. Who allow us to let our flame shine brightly... I shared that this is how I feel about many of my family members. They seem to constantly want to blow out my flame, or I feel like I have to constantly be protecting it from being extinguished. Therefore I have removed myself from them.... It is hard to be sure, but it helps me to keep my flame burning brightly. Does this make any sense?
Great point about being the flame!
I am often reminded (after the fact, unfortunately), that it is easy to love those who love us...it is how we treat our "enemies" (in this case, someone who is upsetting us) that is more revealing. Can I see Christ in this person? Oftentimes, the answer is no

Old 10-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #396
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So ... I think it's time for art class with your dd ... go to the craft area together ... and create together. Don't worry about making it awesome ... just have fun with dd ... ask her for help and ideas ... let her pick a set to work with ... it'll be part of her homeschooling ... and some fun time together!
Good point, Gail!
I just find I end up getting frustrated because she just wants to watch what I do and climb on my chair and ask a million questions, and I just want to make a card LOL Really, "fun" isn't one of my best qualities --maybe I should invite you over to show us both some fun!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Good point, Gail!
I just find I end up getting frustrated because she just wants to watch what I do and climb on my chair and ask a million questions, and I just want to make a card LOL Really, "fun" isn't one of my best qualities --maybe I should invite you over to show us both some fun!
My children nicknamed me "the fun police" because it seemed that I would freak out any time somebody was having fun! It wasn't one of my best qualities either, but over time, I've learned to relax ...

Stamp a couple of images that can be coloured in. Then sit with your dd and colour.
Let her pick a colour for her cards (and yours).
Let her pick a 2nd colour and use it to mat the images. Let her glue hers image onto the mat.
Glue yours onto the mat. Do something funky, like put it at an angle.
Then glue the image/mat onto your card back. At the top, at the bottom ... go wierd and funky. Let her do hers wierd and funky.
Then stamp a saying somewhere ... since the image isn't straight, the words don't have to be.
Then decide who you will send your cards to ... hi to Grandma! I love you to Daddy ... something for a neighbour ...

Then ... next time ... you can talk about why you would make these colour choices ... primary colours, etc. ... and go from there.
But the first time is just an exercise in fun and creativity.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #398

Lynn -

You're the Mom.
If she's really being wierd, then don't make a card ... get her to pick images that she or you can stamp and colour and put together a one page collage/picture for Daddy when he gets home.

Or ... just cuddle and answer the questions ...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just wanted to post and let you know that the father who started the foundation in honor of his three yr. old son who died last month sent me an email. He is making an offer to me to get more involved in setting up a card ministry for the foundation. Please pray for me as this will take a great deal of time and effort.

Thank you so much.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #400
Pearl-ExPert

Hi gals, how is the evening going...dinner is done and ds is gone to Kung Fu.

Lynn- Glad the blessing from Numbers was good for you...it is my favorite...it is so wonderful God's Word never comes back void. As for art time and your dd...that is where you should live close to me...i should have been an elementary art teacher...i think i missed my calling...haha! My 5 yr old great niece Shayla LOVES Auntie to do art projects with her...I always do something that does not involve my BIG GIRL art supplies. We make some great things...you know what she loves best? Collage...multi media- we use magazines, markers, crayons, glitter, whatever...then when the masterpiece is finished she can tell Papa, g-ma or mom about her lovely collage.

Wendy- Congrats! Thank you Lord they are both doing well...and a beautiful name too...Hannah Grace...i have a daughter with the name Hannah Grace

Boy oh Boy Doris-- your flame analogy...I used to call having the devil in my ear...it seemed as though as soon as i would have some peace...someone would wah wah wah...and there it would be gone.
Julie, sorry about the situation with your BFF.
I have no idea what is going on right now...maybe Gail could be the Commentator...LOL! Don't you wish it was that easy.

Beth- Thanks for the HUG! It helped...no one lost an ear.

toni