Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Baby monitors??

It has been a long time since I had an infant and so much has changed. I am expecting baby # 3 in about 11 weeks and I need a baby monitor. I used to have a Graco one that had a base with 2 receivers. That is kind of what I am looking for this time.

Any suggestions on a good one?? I don't want anything really expensive, but I want one that is reliable.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Embossing Fanatic

I had baby #2 In November and he slept in our room for a while so i didnt really have a need for a monitor but then when he was about 8 weeks old we moved him to his room and i just had a cheap monitor i bought at walmart..and it was Horrible...always crackly noises and interferrance...ugh... so i decided to go to Babies R Us and i found this set
Motorola Digital Audio Baby Monitor including Two Parent Units with LCD Display - MBP16-2 - Motorola Inc - Babies "R" Us

Its a little more expensive but if you keep an eye on coupons you can get it for a little cheaper..i honestly believe its worth every penny though. It is Digital so there is NO interferrance.. at first i thought they were broken cuz when i turned them on i heard NO SOUND at all... so i had my husband go into the room to see if i could hear and i didnt..but then he started talking and i heard everything crystal clear...i even had him test just whispering and i could hear it... I LOVE these monitors and very highly recommend them
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
blaBBermouth

I have a cheap monitor in the First Years brand. I've used it for the last three children. The monitor I used for the first two had the crackle in it and was horrible. This one has no sound and is easy to use. It has a belt clip that allows me to take it out in the yard while the baby sleeps. I really have no idea what the style is called, just the brand. Its so old that I haven't a clue if its even still on the market, but it has certainly been durable as it has been in constant use for six years.