Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A couple Falliday Questions....

I have a question... what if someone doesn't do a challenge 'correctly'... or is there no wrong way as long as you participate? I just ran across one in the gallery, I won't say who or which challenge, but it is not at all what the hostess asked for in the challenge post... but the person who did it, posted it in the challenge gallery... will that disqualify that person?

Also, I heard rumors that the 'special additional requirement to qualify for YETI status' has already been announced...
But in the Falliday Fest Schedule thread, it says this won't be revealed until October 23rd - October 31st.
So I'm wondering if what I've heard is true or not... ??

{Jeremiah 29:11}
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Hey there! There are no challenge police, and we really want these challenges to be fun and give you a jumping board for projects you will USE. Sometimes people have used a wrong keyword, in which case the hostess might contact them to be sure... but generally with a measure of kindness and trust and a 'thank you for playing along!' it's all good.

The mystery challenge for Yetis has been revealed, doing 5 tutorial projects. There are no more surprises. Usually we try to choose tutorials that can be done with supplies most people have. If you are missing a supply or are inspired to create a tweak in the project for your own needs, that is fine.

The only time I remember projects being disqualified was when someone was adding challenge keywords to older (already uploaded) projects.
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 10-22-2016 at 03:15 AM..
Die Cut Diva

Thank you! I was just curious.. since there are prizes involved... ;) Did you get my PM? Did I ask you about the evergreen tree challenge?? I don't have that punch.... my punch collection is seriously lacking. =/
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Rubber Obsessor

On the 3rd step for YETI, it says to list our entries, is that just the ones that were TUTORIAL or all 30 cards, plus tutorials? Also, Ive never "linked" anything to a post and not sure how to do this. I ask on HELP but it didn't have an answer at least and answer to the way I ask how to post a link. thanks!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

To link to something else requires a hypertextlink. ( which fortunately there are some here that are handy you dont have to write the code in the forums)

so, what you do is have the place you are building the list open and your other internet address open in another tab. ( like the gallery project you are linking to)

so, the url address of your project in the gallery starts with www. etc. you click a cursor into the address box and when it highlights right click once and hit copy. now go back to the place where you are building your list, put a cursor in the box where you type, right click once, choose paste from the drop down menu.
then hit enter a couple of times to give your self space for the next item on the list.

( this is how you build a favorites of the week list too if you are curious, and its a good way for you to practice building a list)

this link will take you to the favorites thread so you can see what I mean. Favorites for the week ending October 23, 2016 by vdm at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
Rubber Obsessor

thank you so much. I think I was able to link them to the individual Chatter post. I'm having to do this while at work as home I only have my IPhone and can't use 2 internet sessions at a time. I wondered where the thread was for doing the FAVORITES and if you can do a search to see and THANK people that posted cards as FAVORITES.

Hopefully I can squeeze in some more time to try and do some favs as there are SO many really great cards I've seen. thanks so much for your help.
Last question, for the YETI status the 3rd thing listed, do we need to list all links for the 30 challenges plus the tutorials as well? I guess i'll worry about that more when I get 4 more done. (Ive only done one so far).
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

that would be my assumption that you will have 35 items ( minimum) on your list 30 challenges and 5 tutorial links.

you're very welcome

My Blog
Glitter Queen

So let me see if I have this straight. The "secret component" mentioned (for YETI) in the falliday Fest schedule is doing 5 of the 10 tutorials?

Oooh I have been waiting and looking for something additional. Yeah!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobie1950View Post
So let me see if I have this straight. The "secret component" mentioned (for YETI) in the falliday Fest schedule is doing 5 of the 10 tutorials?

Yes, that's correct!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

p.s - have you checked yet if you have enough posts to post links yet! You'll need to be able to do that to post your Yeti list. My offer to pre-check still stands, I've just done Quacky's for her .
Die Cut Diva

Hey Sabrina, What did you mean by 'pre check'??
>^..^<
xoxoxoxo
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
p.s - have you checked yet if you have enough posts to post links yet! You'll need to be able to do that to post your Yeti list. My offer to pre-check still stands, I've just done Quacky's for her .
Yes I did post a link in UnderstandblueB Chatter Thread so I think that is okay now. Thanks for asking. I appreciate all of the time that everyone spends helping others in this forum. Maybe someday I'll be able to help (if I ever get that smart).LOL:-D
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInPinkView Post
Hey Sabrina, What did you mean by 'pre check'??
I mentioned in the main chatter thread that I am always happy to pre-check a list for anybody who wants to be sure that it's correct before posting on the Yeti, and to PM me if they did.
Rubber Obsessor

when and where do we post the links for our YETI info? thanks
Glitter Queen

Another question. The links to our cards on our Yeti list, are they to be linked to our (my)gallery uploads or linked to the Falliday Fest 2016 gallery. I have my list ready to upload with links to my entries in my gallery. But the two yeti list in the forum have their links to their entries in the Falliday Fest 2016 gallery. Which is it? Or does it matter. Don't want to mess things up here at the end. Thanks for any help
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

They're exactly the same thing. Even if you go to your gallery and link the cards from there, they will open as showing in the FF gallery. It's like having a room with two doors ;-); you can go in either one but you end up in the same place.

Quote:

Another question. The links to our cards on our Yeti list, are they to be linked to our (my)gallery uploads or linked to the Falliday Fest 2016 gallery. I have my list ready to upload with links to my entries in my gallery. But the two yeti list in the forum have their links to their entries in the Falliday Fest 2016 gallery. Which is it? Or does it matter. Don't want to mess things up here at the end. Thanks for any help
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Sorry, having trouble with editing posts this week. Just test one of your links and you'll see, it shows your card in the FF gallery. Your list is perfect to post as it is.
Glitter Queen

Thanks Sabrina I appreciate your help very much.