Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #41
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBeth1976 View Post
Thanks for sharing the granola recipes! (Can I substitute cranberries for the cherries in the bar recipe? I'm not a fan of cherries...lol!) This sounds great--and much better than the store-bought ones out there, I'm sure! I'll have to give them both a try.

Yes, you can totally sub craisins in or leave the fruit out! I prefer my granola with no fruit, but do like the bars with the cherries!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
LizBeth1976 likes this post.
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #42
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo951 View Post
Grrrr...my son...eats all my milk chocolate chips. That's ok, but he forgets to put it on the (grocery) list! So I go to bake, no chocolate chips!

Eeek...I'm so guilty of this with the semi-sweet ones. But now I've moved onto the dark ones, so I get my own! Then I'm not eating up the house stash of chocolate chips that are for actual cookies! Gasp!
Unread 09-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #43
Glitter Queen

This sounds like fun. I have never participated in a challenge so we will see how it goes. From what I understand there are challenges each day but the cards don't have to be uploaded that same day. Is that right?
UnderstandBlue likes this post.
Unread 09-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes. When you make a card for the Falliday Fest challenges you'll upload to the Falliday Fest gallery and put the keyword for the specific challenge so that it will also appear in that challenge's gallery. It also helps the hostesses if you link the card in a reply to that challenge's thread. You will be able to upload challenge cards at any time once the challenge has been posted. There is usually a spreadsheet for your personal use to help keep track of the challenges. I make myself a ring of index cards and write challenge details on the front and my card details on the back
Unread 09-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #45
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Yes. When you make a card for the Falliday Fest challenges you'll upload to the Falliday Fest gallery and put the keyword for the specific challenge so that it will also appear in that challenge's gallery. It also helps the hostesses if you link the card in a reply to that challenge's thread. You will be able to upload challenge cards at any time once the challenge has been posted. There is usually a spreadsheet for your personal use to help keep track of the challenges. I make myself a ring of index cards and write challenge details on the front and my card details on the back
Ooh, you're so organized! Cool idea!

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin
Unread 09-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #46
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Great idea. Thanks. I love lists and organizing. 😉
Unread 09-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #47
Watercolor Wizard

Looking forward to another Falliday Fest ! Thank you for reorganizing this. It is always a great fun. And thanks in advance to everyone - also behind the scenes !
DCinkit and annsforte3 like this post.
Unread 09-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #48
Proud Fan Club Member

Did a hostess call go out yet?

SCSCC
CCC2017
USEIT17
CAS - do ALL the challenges '17

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
Unread Yesterday, 01:57 AM   #49
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Send a message via AIM to mollymoo951

Quote:
That's what I do, but with a small journal / notebook!

I use the spreadsheet for a visual reference / overview. The notebook has the details where each project gets a page - with a brief title of the challenge / hostess and jotted down ideas. When the project is completed, I list all the supplies used before I put away the supplies. Put a post it note on the project with the challenge name / hostess and I mark it done on the speadsheet, then move to the next project. I typically photograph, edit and upload in batches. So this is how I keep up with the information.

Join us for VSBN September 2017 - It's Fall Y'all!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
luvtostampstampstamp and LizBeth1976 like this post.
Unread Yesterday, 05:02 AM   #50
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
That's what I do, but with a small journal / notebook!

I use the spreadsheet for a visual reference / overview. The notebook has the details where each project gets a page - with a brief title of the challenge / hostess and jotted down ideas. When the project is completed, I list all the supplies used before I put away the supplies. Put a post it note on the project with the challenge name / hostess and I mark it done on the speadsheet, then move to the next project. I typically photograph, edit and upload in batches. So this is how I keep up with the information.
Love it!
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Unread Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's what I do, but with a small journal / notebook! .
I started out doing that, but switched to the index cards later as they will lie flat and visible so I can refer to the challenge as I am working. Me and my 2 minute memory...how many times have I gotten the details wrong between looking at the challenge and walking downstairs to start my card.
Unread Yesterday, 06:32 AM   #52
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I started out doing that, but switched to the index cards later as they will lie flat and visible so I can refer to the challenge as I am working. Me and my 2 minute memory...how many times have I gotten the details wrong between looking at the challenge and walking downstairs to start my card.
I am going to try the index card idea! I've used large Post-It notes in the past, but then sometimes forget where I've stuck them...

And your post makes me realize just how fortunate I am to have my computer in my small craft room...or is it my crafting area in my small computer room?? Anyway, I am lucky to be able to just turn around from my screen & get to "work"!

1 Thess. 4:11-12

2017 Christmas Card Challenge 24/48
Unread Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #53
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm lazy...I copy & paste the important info from the posts each day then print it on copier paper...I number each post with the post # and call it good.

I check mark when I finish the challenge as well as make notes on the paper if I need to remember something for the challenge.

Also on the back of each of my cards I put the number of the challenge along with my initials and date for when I go to upload to the gallery I know which card was for the challenge.
mollymoo951 and mamaxsix like this post.
Unread Yesterday, 07:17 AM   #54

I make a list of the challenges and sketch out any ideas I have, but I usually rely on memory for my card info. That is probably not gonna work this year!

Gallery Blog

mollymoo951 and mamaxsix like this post.
Unread Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #55
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:
I am going to try the index card idea! I've used large Post-It notes in the past, but then sometimes forget where I've stuck them...

And your post makes me realize just how fortunate I am to have my computer in my small craft room...or is it my crafting area in my small computer room?? Anyway, I am lucky to be able to just turn around from my screen & get to "work"!
Love having a computer in my studio now too! And my Silhouete machine too instead of running up and down the basement steps!
mollymoo951 likes this post.
Unread Today, 02:29 AM   #56
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:
Oh no! I forget that some do not have their computers in their craft areas.

Yeah, I'd likely forget a detail or two if I had to journey very far from the computer to the craft area. Especially if someone hollers MOM! while I'm on my way. OR is I see something I need to do or pick up to drop off on my way. Where was I going? Oh yeah - to the craft room to do the (name that challenge) challenge to use...um...what? (running back to computer)

The index cards are more portable than a notebook, too!

I do have things in my shop, so sometimes I have to run up there. I've gotten to writing the list on the post it note. Even if it's one thing. I might get distracted on the way up there.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.
Unread Today, 02:33 AM   #57
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

I can so relate to the "where did I stick the post it note". Which is why I also like the notebook. It's a little harder to misplace. I do use post it notes if I have to "travel" to get something, but I either put them in my pocket or stick it on my finger. If I put it down, I'll not find it.

And yes - everything you said in the second paragraph!

The A-Team.
Unread Today, 04:33 AM   #58
luvstochatchatCHAT

I need to reorganize my studio before Falliday starts. And I guess that means moving the computer...it's on DD2's counter work space and she doesn't want it there anymore. I've never really nailed it for how I want things in my studio since I've had it new two years ago. Just haven't had the mental energy to think it all out. Not feeling like I have much more now, but it does need some improvising for sure.
Unread Today, 06:16 AM   #59
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapaholic007 View Post
I'm curious if a hostess call went out too.

Planning on cleaning up my crafty space and cutting some bases also maybe color some fall images to get in the mood. It's so hot here lately I feel like we're never going to get that fall chill that I love.
Unread Today, 06:55 AM   #60

I missed last year. About when does a shopping list go up?

Gallery Blog

Unread Today, 07:01 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp View Post
I need to reorganize my studio before Falliday starts. And I guess that means moving the computer...it's on DD2's counter work space and she doesn't want it there anymore. I've never really nailed it for how I want things in my studio since I've had it new two years ago. Just haven't had the mental energy to think it all out. Not feeling like I have much more now, but it does need some improvising for sure.
I have to deal with my stuff, too. It's stacked on the dining table and also all over the bookshelf except for what's hodge podge in the basement. In my current state there is a zero percent chance of making more than a fistful of cards, but I don't have a clear vision for what I'm doing either. Bare minimum I need to put the stamp sets back together that my little helper likes to peel apart and scatter.

Gallery Blog

luvtostampstampstamp likes this post.
Unread Today, 07:04 AM   #62
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
About when does a shopping list go up?
Good question! Here in the hinterlands, it can be challenging to obtain obscure stuff...
Unread Today, 08:06 AM   #63
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapaholic007 View Post
The hostesses are furiously working on things behind the scenes. There may still be a couple of spots open if you're interested in hosting a challenge. Send a PM with your idea and inquiry to Understandblue. She is the coordinator.

Visit my blog: Works For Stamps

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
mrslaird and tessaduck like this post.