Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Faith-Based Challenges (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/faith-based-challenges-f232/)
-   -   Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 2012 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/faith-based-challenges-f232/divine-design-bible-verse-challenge-2012-a-t543707.html)

LMstamps 12-05-2011 05:15 PM

Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 2012
 
I had a great time hosting the Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge in 2010 & 2011, so I am doing this again for 2012.

This is an opportunity for you memorize Scripture each month. And to help you do so, you make any kind of paper project, with the Scripture as the focus, such as: album pages, bookmarks, cards, calendar pages, and anything else that works for you.

I have been making a 6x6 Album for each year, with a month for each page. Then I have can keep going through them to refresh my memory on the Scriptures I have memorized, so as to keep them in my mind. I put each current month in a stand where I can see it often, then add it to my album each month.

There are a lot of great scripture stamps out there, but if you don't have any, don't let that stop you. You can print scriptures from your computer! This challenge is a great tool to help you with memorizing & meditating on God's Word. You can join anytime and I hope you will. The guidelines are simple:

1. Must have a Bible verse printed, stamped, hand-written or computer generated on your project.

2. Upload a picture of your project to the Gallery with the scripture reference as your project title (i.e. BVC12 - John 1:14)

3. Be sure to then post in this thread what Month you have uploaded and provide a link to it in this thread. That way we can see what each other has done, and encourage one another with comments in the Gallery. You might even be inspired to use one of the Scriptures you see as a future choice for yourself.

4. Be sure to put BVC12 as a Keyword when you Upload. This is the Bible Verse Challenge keyword: BVC12 (same keyword all year). While I do appreciate all kinds of inspirational messages, poems and quotes, for the purpose of this challenge, please respect the scripture reference guideline. Do not use this keyword if you have not used a Biblical scripture on your project.

5. No vendor restrictions.

6. The goal will be to post one project for each month of 2012. Try to post it no later than the end of each month (but you can still post later than that, too).

I look forward to seeing all the great projects in the BVC12 gallery! Please feel free to PM me if you you have any questions!

Here us a link to the BVC12 Gallery:

BVC12 Gallery

I pray this blesses each of you, as it does me, each month.

LM :-)

smadson 12-05-2011 07:16 PM

Thank you for doing this thread again! I must have missed the part about memorizing a verse. I had posted projects, both scrappages for Oct and Nov. Will try to do December, too.
So we do a project with the verse we are memorizing? Okay, I will do this! And memorize 12 verses in 2012! Sounds great!

:)
Shaorn

DCinkit 12-06-2011 02:50 PM

I'm glad to see the Bible Verse challenge continue for 2012! I have a special project planned as it's the year of our 30th wedding anniversary. The verses I use won't necessarily be ones I'm memorizing, but I imagine that I will know them much better than I did before after using them for my project. Maybe I will get them memorized? It's a great tool for doing that.

Happy Stampin with Scripture in 2012! ~ Diane

LMstamps 12-06-2011 03:23 PM

Sharon and Diane..I am so glad that you will be participating in our 2012 Bible Verse Challenge. :-)

joannhw 12-15-2011 09:09 AM

So happy to see this thread starting up for 2012!! I have so enjoyed this thread this year :)

LMstamps 12-16-2011 09:16 AM

JoAnn...I am so glad that you will be joining us again in 2012! :-) LM


Quote:

Originally Posted by joannhw (Post 19007538)
So happy to see this thread starting up for 2012!! I have so enjoyed this thread this year :)


joannhw 12-25-2011 07:33 AM

Merry Christmas :) I pray everyone has a wonderful day :)

StampinPalSC 12-29-2011 02:02 PM

I'm so glad you're doing this again. Please include me again. So sorry I didn't submit much in 2011; but I pray I will do better in 2012. Thank you & God bless! Looking forward to submitting my Jan card in a week.

Happy New Year!
Mary
StampinPalSC <><

ohmypaper! 01-01-2012 03:17 PM

Ok, I am DETERMINED!!! I am going to do participate this year!!! I joined the Christmas card challenge and I made my 5 cards for January...so I can DO this too!!! I actually have 3 stamped Bible verses I can start with!!! Then I will just use my printer!! I am going to purpose to get my BV card out this week and meditate on the scripture all month!!!! Thank you so much for hosting this thread again!!!

Smile160 01-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 18980663)
I have been making a 6x6 Album for each year, with a month for each page. Then I have can keep going through them to refresh my memory on the Scriptures I have memorized, so as to keep them in my mind. I put each current month in a stand where I can see it often, then add it to my album each month.


I love this idea. Count me in! Just need to figure out how to post the pictures.:)

LMstamps 01-01-2012 06:03 PM

Welcome back Mary and Angie. :-)

Glad you are joining us for 2012 Smile160. To post your pictures, go to the Gallery (top right of this page). Then look on the left side panel and you will see "Upload a Card". Click that, and the instructions are pretty easy to follow from there.

Blessings ,
LM :-)

smadson 01-02-2012 01:51 PM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! I thought this would be the right thread to share the following. My DGS was here over the holidays. He has been developing this great website for the past two years, and they launched it while here. It is an online radio station. Sacred music, instramental music,and childrens ( Patch the PIrate, etc.) to listen too. Also, sermons, devotionals, and under resources
are free downloads of 'childrens Bible study work sheets! All free. Please check out Joyful Meditations!

If you like it, please share it with others. This is a word on mouth thing!

:)
Sharon

savnewkirk 01-05-2012 08:51 AM

Here is my first card of the year using scripture. It is one of a set that will be given to my pastor.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - savnewkirk - Handmade Cards & Crafts

ApostolicCynthia 01-05-2012 09:57 AM

Hi I am Cynthia I am new here but I figured I would join in anyway.
So here's my first card.

Jan DDBVC 2012

smadson 01-05-2012 10:05 AM

Welcom Cynthia! Great cards Cynthia and Shelly! I guess those are the first ones of 2012! :)
Sharon

ApostolicCynthia 01-05-2012 10:30 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome Sharon very appreciated.

LMstamps 01-05-2012 01:04 PM

Cynthia...Welcome! I am so glad you have joined us. :-) LM

ApostolicCynthia 01-05-2012 06:46 PM

Thank you LM when it's something for the Lord i just can't stay away.

Smile160 01-06-2012 06:52 PM

I got mine done for January. Actually it was done two days ago, but it took me that long to figure out how to upload it. :oops: I really liked the idea of doing scrapbook pages each month. I dedicated a 6x6 album to this year. It will be kind of neat to see the progress of the whole year. Please excuse the poor picture as it was taken with my phone.

BVC12-SMILE160 by Smile160 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Does anyone know of a good source for Bible Verse stamps? I have the ones that SU orders (usually I am SU loyal), but I would like to find a few more. Thanks!

MiamiKel4 01-07-2012 07:13 PM

Hi all! I'm so excited to have found this thread!! I just started a blogging group for Crafters of Faith (it's up to 4 members thus far! PTL!) and am also so eager to find a spiritual based challenge as well. Thank you for this thread - I missed it in 2011 but I'm here for this year! ;)

I do have a wee question ... is there a certain scripture we should use for the first post of the year, or any passage is fine? I have many, many faith based stamps and scripture stamps ... I use them for my cards and scrapbook pages, but wasn't sure which to use for this month's BVC upload :D
Thanks in advance! Many blessings :D

ApostolicCynthia 01-07-2012 07:38 PM

Hi Kelly glad you found the group I am new here.I found this place while looking online on where to start teaching my family and my self included to memorize scripture we are all artistic in my family but digital graphic wise so I am new to stamping,cutting,folding,pinching gluing and what ever else but I am a fast learner :P I did allot of digital art such as website design and and layouts It's a bit harder to transfer my digital skills to manual he he well God bless Ill be checking out your group :P

wndrwmn75 01-07-2012 09:43 PM

I just found this link but I am very encouraged by this!!! Here is my Scripture card and what a verse it is!! God is able to do MORE than we can even THINK to ask! WOW...what a God we have!!!!!!! Ephesians 3:20

KY Southern Belle 01-08-2012 05:53 AM

I love your idea of a 6 x 6 scrapbook for scripture and think that I'll give that a go around. It would definitely keep me current with the goal of completing the album. I am good about starting one big project and actually finishing it up over the course of a year. Ha! I'm going to give this a shot though. I like the idea that we can pick a scripture that we want and one that the Lord has ministered to our hearts during the seasons of our lives. Thank you for hosting the challenge again.

LMstamps 01-08-2012 10:58 AM

Welcome Kelly :-)
 
Hi Kelly,

Welcome...i am so glad you have joined us.

Each month you choose whatever Scripture Verse you would like. The point of this challenge is to encourage us to meditate on and memorize Scriptures, so the Word of God will be in our hearts. Therefore, we want to individually choose Scriptures where God is working in our lives.

I look forward to seeing your January submission.

Blessings,
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 (Post 19064402)
Hi all! I'm so excited to have found this thread!! I just started a blogging group for Crafters of Faith (it's up to 4 members thus far! PTL!) and am also so eager to find a spiritual based challenge as well. Thank you for this thread - I missed it in 2011 but I'm here for this year! ;)

I do have a wee question ... is there a certain scripture we should use for the first post of the year, or any passage is fine? I have many, many faith based stamps and scripture stamps ... I use them for my cards and scrapbook pages, but wasn't sure which to use for this month's BVC upload :D
Thanks in advance! Many blessings :D


LMstamps 01-08-2012 11:05 AM

Welcome Jenny :-)
 
Hi Jenny,

Welcome to our 2012 Bible Verse Challenge. I am so glad you have joined us. I love your January submission and have commented on it. Eph 3:20 is also one of my favorite verses, and one that I pray for myself and my loved ones.

Blessings,
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wndrwmn75 (Post 19064627)
I just found this link but I am very encouraged by this!!! Here is my Scripture card and what a verse it is!! God is able to do MORE than we can even THINK to ask! WOW...what a God we have!!!!!!! Ephesians 3:20


LMstamps 01-08-2012 11:08 AM

Welcome Cindy :-)
 
Hi Cindy,

Welcome to our 2012 Bible Verse Challenge. I am glad you are inspired by the idea to make a 6 x 6 scrapbook this year. I look forward to seeing your pages.

Blessings,
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern Belle (Post 19065031)
I love your idea of a 6 x 6 scrapbook for scripture and think that I'll give that a go around. It would definitely keep me current with the goal of completing the album. I am good about starting one big project and actually finishing it up over the course of a year. Ha! I'm going to give this a shot though. I like the idea that we can pick a scripture that we want and one that the Lord has ministered to our hearts during the seasons of our lives. Thank you for hosting the challenge again.


marney 01-08-2012 01:43 PM

whew!!!!I did it... here is my card for January.. I had previously put in the wrong spot.

Ps.130:5 is my verse for this month



my soul waits by marney - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

kmbll 01-08-2012 04:15 PM

I am looking forward to joining this group. I have wanted to do this and this will motivate me to make an awesome project and memorize verses too. Thanks for doing this challenge again this year.

smadson 01-08-2012 04:40 PM

Great cards everyone! Left love in your galleries. I am in process of painting, redoing and reorganizing my craft area. I will begin crafting again by next week-end hopefully!
:)
Sharon

bfinlay 01-09-2012 01:41 AM

Thanks so much for keeping the challenge going in 2012, LM! Here's my January project which I combined with today's CAS challenge. I LOVE this verse and this gift is going to a friend who will be very encouraged by it, I know! Here's my Quick and Easy Gift

MiamiKel4 01-09-2012 05:35 AM

I'm so glad I found you!! This was so inspiring - and I dusted off a stamp set and made a card I probably wouldn't have - thank you! Here is my card, going to a dear friend -- Water from the Well :) I used a scripture from Isaiah (one of my fave books in the bible!) :) Blessings!

LMstamps 01-09-2012 12:52 PM

Just a reminder to everyone to please be sure to put BVC12 as a Keyword when you Upload. This way we can easily find all of each others' Scripture Creations in one place. It is great to browse through when You need some inspiration.

Blessings,
LM :-)

LMstamps 01-09-2012 12:55 PM

Welcome Kmbil :-)
 
Welcome Kmbil!

I am so glad you have joined us this year. I look forward to seeing your Scripture Creations.

Blessings,
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmbll (Post 19066889)
I am looking forward to joining this group. I have wanted to do this and this will motivate me to make an awesome project and memorize verses too. Thanks for doing this challenge again this year.


LMstamps 01-09-2012 01:01 PM

Bridget...
 
Bridget,

You are so very welcome. It is such a joy for me to host this challenge and to encourage myself and others to be in Scripture. Thank You, for "advertising" our thread in your Uploads!

Blessings,
LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfinlay (Post 19067787)
Thanks so much for keeping the challenge going in 2012, LM! Here's my January project which I combined with today's CAS challenge. I LOVE this verse and this gift is going to a friend who will be very encouraged by it, I know! Here's my Quick and Easy Gift


bfinlay 01-10-2012 09:52 AM

Guilty as charged - I usually remember but forgot on my last one! Thanks for the reminder, it's now corrected!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 19069644)
Just a reminder to everyone to please be sure to put BVC12 as a Keyword when you Upload. This way we can easily find all of each others' Scripture Creations in one place. It is great to browse through when You need some inspiration.

Blessings,
LM :-)


pamjoy 01-11-2012 02:38 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I just uploaded my first card to the challenge (or for that matter, all challenges, ever) and was about to post here when I noticed that it had spelling mistakes in it. All panic stations!!! So I sent an urgent message to have it removed and replace it with one with correct spelling, but I noticed the old one has gone onto the gallery!

But I believe that God means me to continue with this challenge as my January verse for 2012 is 'I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me' Phil 4:13.

The gift card will be part of a set that I will put together that I can keep in a metal tin that I have decorated especially for the purpose.

DCinkit 01-11-2012 05:57 PM

Welcome pamjoy! I like your SCS name. We're glad to have you join us for the Bible Verse Challenge. I saw your card and left you some love. Fabulous job in purple and what a fun flower. It will be a lovely gift set.

Yes, keep going with the challenge. I really like the verse you used. We can do all things with Christ who strengthens us!

Looking forward to seeing more of your stamping! Great job.

~ Diane

bfinlay 01-12-2012 05:40 AM

PamJoy, it's so great to meet you, and so glad you've uploaded to the challenge gallery - your card is beautiful and I love the idea of it being in a set in a decorated tin!
Don't worry if you make any mistakes, you can always click on the "edit photo" button on the bottom right hand of the page your card is on, and then you can change anything you want, even replacing the photo if you choose!
You'll meet some wonderful people here, I've gotten to know some sisters in Christ and they've become firm friends!
A big warm welcome!


Quote:

Originally Posted by pamjoy (Post 19077225)
Hi, I'm new here and I just uploaded my first card to the challenge (or for that matter, all challenges, ever) and was about to post here when I noticed that it had spelling mistakes in it. All panic stations!!! So I sent an urgent message to have it removed and replace it with one with correct spelling, but I noticed the old one has gone onto the gallery!

But I believe that God means me to continue with this challenge as my January verse for 2012 is 'I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me' Phil 4:13.

The gift card will be part of a set that I will put together that I can keep in a metal tin that I have decorated especially for the purpose.


LMstamps 01-12-2012 07:07 AM

Welcome PamJoy! :-)
 
Welcome PamJoy!

I am so glad you have joined us in our Bible Verse Challenge. As Bridget mentioned, you can make changes on your upload by clicking "Edit Photo". When I was new, I missed that too, because I thought it meant one could only edit the photo, but you are able to edit everything there. I often have to go back and edit mistakes.

If at all possible, it is helpful if you can put the link to your BVC12 creation in your post.

Blessings,
LM :-)

marney 01-12-2012 08:40 AM

Welcome pamjoy...I am new here to and just learned through your question that we can correct mistakes.. That is so good to know. I am enjoying this site very much and it is nice to see all the Bible verses that are chosen and how and in what they are saved.. I do an album of postcard size cards and find it is almost exciting to see it grow into a little book of blessings and promises.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:33 PM.