Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #961
Hardware Hotshot

I have alomst caught up. I still need to finish my Redeemer page but am waiting on a stamp for it. Here are the others I did though

Almighty & King
Lamb
Lord
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #962
Gabfest Goddess

Challenge Word 11: Shepherd

God’s Attribute: The Lord is my Shepherd. He is my Jehovah-rohi or YHWH-Ra’ah. He protects, provides, leads, and cares for us. He gathers us into His arms and comforts us. Isaiah 40:11 says “He tends his flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to his heart; He gently leads those that have young.”

How does this affect my daily life? Most of you have probably heard that sheep are not the smartest animals on the block. But Mary Foxwell Loeks describes them as “willful creatures, often straying, searching for something better, somewhere else.” Wow, that sounds a lot like us, and the Bible does refer to us as sheep over and over again. Sheep need a shepherd to guide them. If they do not have a shepherd, they will go astray. We too need a shepherd to guide us. If we do not put our trust in Him, our Good Shepherd, then our willfulness, our selfishness, our fear, and our drive to be 'the best we can be' can cause us to make bad decisions and choices.

For those of us that keep our eyes on Him, we should be growing more like Him; therefore, we want His will and not our own. By following Him, we are not led astray. Mary Foxwell Loeks continues saying “The Good Shepherd is indeed gentle and patient, a loving provider of care and nourishment. He is also strong and able and will push or pull hard when love for His sheep dictates the He do so.”

Kay Arthur said “Even though we do dumb things, even though we are not perfect, even though we all stumble in many ways (James 3:2), we can succeed because the Lord is our Shepherd. God designed us as we are so that we would see our need of Him. In Him, we find all that we need. Thus we can say with total confidence and conviction, ‘The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want.’ (Psalm 23:1).”

For my page this week, I really wanted to focus on the scripture again. You can see all of the scriptures I chose on my page here.

Do you know His voice? Do you trust Him and follow Him? Do you respond to His call? I hope you will pray about that this week and seek Him for everything.

Remember to use the Keyword HHN09 when posting in the gallery. I pray that you will listen for His voice and follow Him daily. I also hope to catch up now here with each of you. With my vacation and then my May being filled literally everyday with commitments (except May 8th & 14th), I think I can finally breathe again! Let me know how you are doing and how you are enjoying the study. Blessings, and I will see you for our next study on June 7th! In Him,
Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #963
Create With Me

I can't believe it's time for another attribute! I still have to do Lord - which I have notes written on my work table for but nothing created yet! Where does the time go!! gotta get a move on I guess! I don't like getting behind!

thanks Patter for your dedication to this project for us - don't know how you fit it all in - and comment on everyone's creations.
On Design Teams for Waltzingmouse Stamps and Creations by AR
Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #964
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by artystamper View Post
thanks Patter for your dedication to this project for us - don't know how you fit it all in - and comment on everyone's creations.
Agh, thanks Julia! I appreciate your words but I am VERY behind on commenting. Being out for basically a month has really messed with my "commenting schedule." I need to get back to it. I miss seeing y'alls amazing creations using His attributes!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #965
Glitter Queen

Well, I am way behind, but still hanging in there. I have been trying to do some CEU's, and that has been taking up alot of my (spare) time. Here is my page for Almighty. The picture is a bit blurry, sorry. I am not sure if it is me or my camera, LOL. As many of DS's birthday pictures came out blurry also.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=209080

Not sure if it will work (if you remember me I am computer illiterate, LOL!)

Last edited by Cynsia; 05-26-2009 at 02:03 AM..
Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #966
Forum Fanatic

Our God is KING of all there is! I found this passage and had to use it for my page! It sums up how God is the creator of it all, and how God triumphs over evil - something that gives us comfort in trying times!
Patter, sorry I couldn't use your handwriting!!! lol
My King Page
p.s. can you find my princess crown?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #967
Cardstock Collector

I love reading the posts and looking at the pages you all create. haven't made one yet, but the inspiration here is amazing.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #968
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyscrapper View Post
I love reading the posts and looking at the pages you all create. haven't made one yet, but the inspiration here is amazing.
So glad to have you checking in! We would love for you to share a page or card whenever you are ready. Welcome!

JoyceAnn and Cynsia, love your pages! I left you both some love. And JoyceAnn, my kids can't even believe you liked my handwriting. They think I write terrible. LOL!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #969
Crimping Master

I am just checking in to see what the next attribute is - SHEPHERD....oh I love that attribute of God....thanks Patter, I look forward to doing the study and then doing the card!!! God bless you everyone!!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #970
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Here's one that I made that goes way back to Week 1 of Holy. Thank you for looking and many blessings.

Holy
MY GRANDSON WILL BE HERE IN MAY! I'm a First-Timer.
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Old 05-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #971
Create With Me

catching up a little with my Lord page - hope to do my Shepherd page tomorrow. I'm on vacation this week Whoo Hoo! just puttering at home for the week, going to movies, taking hikes, hopefully kayaking with DH - and of course - lots of stamping!

I'm so thankful for these challenges Patter - they MAKE me stop and remember that God is in control and I need to pay more attention to Him in my life - it causes an inner quieting which is so nice in this hectic world we live in!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=93535
Old 06-01-2009, 04:17 AM   #972
Crimping Master

Hello everyone....here is my card for Shepherd - I love this attribute of God. My Nana always took us to Church and was such a woman of faith, she taught us all the Lords Prayer and Psalm 23 - The Lord is my Shepherd....thank God He is....It meant a lot ot me making this today, especially with this attribute as it is the 2nd anniversary of her going to be with her Lord...He truly is our Shepherd!! Here is my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...5535?nocache=1

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #973
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my page for Redeemer.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...5843?cat=16005
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #974
Forum Fanatic

Hello everyone,

Well I am so behind with my pages, but will try to get caught up. With the move and other things happening it's difficult to keep up. For my Lord page I used two verses.

Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Psalm 36:5

Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5

Since I wrote here last, the Lord has provided a place to live and work for us when we move back to the states. This ministry opportunity came totally out of the blue as they say. So we believe this is totally of the Lord. We are really excited and looking forward to what He has for us next. With all the changes we have and will face, we can see God in all of it. He definitely has a plan for us. It is so comforting to know He is in control.

blessings to you all,
shelia

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=201319
Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #975
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my page for Shepherd.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...7592?cat=16005
Old 06-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #976
Pearl-ExPert

I am running late with the shepherd challenge due to nearly ten days out of town... but I should be able to get there next week. Added to everything while we were staying with DD and SIL this past weekend they were not only generous with their hospitality, but also with their colds!!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #977
Gabfest Goddess

I am posting a bit early because there is a surprise this week, and I thought you might like to get a head start.

Challenge Word 12: God Who Sees

God’s Attribute: God is a God who Sees. He is El-Roi. He is everywhere all of the time; He is omnipresent. Here is some wonderful information I found on Precept Austin:

"EL" is another name used for God in the Bible, showing up about 200 times in the Old Testament combined with other words for descriptive emphasis. "ELAH" is another name for God, used about 70 times in the Old Testament. Again, when combined with other words, we see different attributes of God.

How does this affect my daily life? Are you suffering with your finances, in your marriage, with your children, or other difficulties? Do you think that God doesn’t know about you or see your current suffering? Well, He does. He is all-seeing. He knows everything about us, He sees it all, and He understands in a way that no one else could. Kay Arthur put it beautifully. She said “The omnipresent God is there, and His eyes are not shut. He isn’t asleep, unaware of all the circumstances. He sees.” We are never alone. He is always there with us though we tend to forget about Him or even ignore Him. Do you recognize His presence?

Maybe you are sending a child off to elementary school or even college in the Fall. Or maybe you are becoming an empty-nester. Are you fearful of your children leaving? Put your faith and trust completely in Him because our omnipresent God is with them when they leave home. He is watching your children too just as He watches over you. Recognize Him in your joy, your sorrow, and your suffering. He is always with you, and He sees everything. He doesn’t forget about the sparrows and He certainly doesn’t forget about you or your precious children. He even knows the number of hairs on your head. Matthew 10:29-31 says “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

I encourage you to read the story of Hagar in Genesis 16 this week and read about how Hagar recognized God as the omnipresent God. Then turn to Genesis 21:1-20 and read about how God was with Hagar’s son when he grew up. It is all so perfect for our lesson this week, and I pray you take the time to read these passages.

For my page this week, I once again found several scriptures I loved; however, I only had room to put one. You can see my page here.

Note, when searching for scripture, I searched on "the eyes of the LORD," "the LORD watches," and "God who sees." I pray that helps you find the scripture that speaks most to you.

Now for a little surprise! I am offering a RAK with this week's challenge. Whether this is your first week studying with us or your second year, I would love for everyone to play along. To enter, you need to complete your study on God Who Sees, and create a card or a page. Upload your creation to any online gallery or your blog, and post a link to your creation in the comment section of this post here on my blog. I also would love to know how long you have been joining in on the challenges and how God is using it in your life. TWO winners will receive the Almighty God stamp that I designed for Unity Stamp Co. You have until Saturday, June 20th, at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard time to upload your creations and link them to my blog!

Remember to use the Keyword HHN09 when posting in the gallery. May you have a blessed week ahead, and remember that in all His fullness, He is everywhere all of the time. See you for our next study on June 21st and to see our winning entries. Blessings,
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #978
Mad Swapper

Patter, thanks for the new challenge and the RAK motivation! I finally finished my Redeemer page last night. You can see it on my blog (below my signature) and I'll try to get it posted on SCS tomorrow. Have a glorious Sunday, everyone!

My Blog
Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #979
Create With Me

What a wonderful attribute this week - thank you Patter for giving us a lesson to do - it boosts my spiritual learning experience! I'm going to read that passage when I get into bed tonight - then search for a verse tomorrow!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #980
Crimping Master

Thanks Patter for the new attribute - I eagerly await your study as it makes me look deeper into the Word, gets me thnking and praying - so that's got to be good! Thanks for the opportunity to won a RAK, especially a UNITY one - I don't own any scripture/Christian based stamps - so thanks for the opportunity.....in all honstly....growing in the Word of God makes us all winners, doesn't it! God bless you!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #981
Stazon Splitcoast

I have just completed my shepherd page, and will post it soon. It took me all afternoon, but I liken it to icing on the cake of my two week study! I am really blessed this year, Patter. And thanks for the inspiration and the RAK...I love that stamp and would enjoy it.

Off to begin my new study

2009 Guest Designer for Artistic Outpost
Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #982
Pearl-ExPert

Have just spent the weekend at the NZ CLC conference and have come home blessed out of my boots by the speaker. God is so good!! I think I may work on this page before going back and doing the shepherd page - ah the incentive of a RAK. Bless you Patter for this springboard to study. I also got my copy of the Kay Arthur book 'Lord I Want to Know You' on Friday )
Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #983
Pearl-ExPert

Oops = sorry about the double post

Last edited by Kiwime; 06-07-2009 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: duplication
Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #984
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Have just spent the weekend at the NZ CLC conference and have come home blessed out of my boots by the speaker. God is so good!! I think I may work on this page before going back and doing the shepherd page - ah the incentive of a RAK. Bless you Patter for this springboard to study. I also got my copy of the Kay Arthur book 'Lord I Want to Know You' on Friday )
Oooh, you will love the book!!!! I got mine free from Paperbackswap. I refer to it often.

And glad y'all are still enjoying the study. I pray each challenge that the Lord share what He wants me to share with you, that I not mislead anyone, and that this study helps each of you grow in Him. I pray that you will continue to love studying His word and sharing through your crafting. I know it is a true blessing for me!

And I can't wait to see everyone's pages/cards. Have fun!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #985
Mad Swapper

Finally had some time to spend in my room today....very thankful for the rain we had over the weekend as our crops were getting very thirsty! Here is my page for Lord or you can see it on my blog. I used sketch 20 from PaperPlay Challenge for my inspiration: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=214241

My Blog
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #986
Mad Swapper

And here is my Shepherd page: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=214241

My DD was keeping me company so I asked her to pick the colors and give me a layout idea. She also did the lettering for me so you'll notice that is much neater than my usual printing! We are so blessed that our three children and one daughter-in-law all know the voice of the Good Shepherd. I am so thankful for the love, care, and guidance of God in our life...where would we be without it?! The Good Shepherd knows best.

My Blog
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #987
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

I have so enjoyed perusing the pages tonight, I have yet to do more than my three and feel awful. A commitment I made but haven't been able to follow through with! I will get at least one page done tomorrow and two by weeks end. I shouldn't feel guilty but I do!

I'm so glad to be back with everyone now that things have slowed for us here. With the anniversary, mother's day, a ministry fundraiser, memorial day, hubby's 50th birthday and my daughter's graduation; June came in with a surprise visit from my newly graduated daughter and now we're back on slow motion I hope! It's been many blessings but doesn't leave much time for scrapping the memories!

I need some big prayer and study time to make up for the run run run of our lives.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #988
Gabfest Goddess

Gwen, beautiful pages! I left you some love!!!

And Leslie, glad to have you back! I know my May was the same as yours. CRAZY! I am glad for a slower week but then VBS is next week. I pray the Lord will expand your time and give you rest. Hugs!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #989
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Patter, thanks for the welcome back. You always have the right words to make someone feel at home! I needed that tonight.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #990
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Patter, thanks for the welcome back. You always have the right words to make someone feel at home! I needed that tonight.
Agh, you are welcome! God knew you needed that because I certainly didn't. He is SO good how He uses us isn't He? And BTW, I am just down the road from you (10-15 min.) in Round Rock! I keep forgetting to tell you that!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #991
Embossing Fanatic

Smile caught up!! woo hoo!

here are my pages for: Almighty
Lamb
Redeemer
Lord
Shepherd
and El Roi.
It feels so good to finally be caught up!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #992
Create With Me

Here is my page for Shepherd - I found a wonderful verse from Isaiah - I seem to choose that book most for my verses - He was quite a profit!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...77029?si=sc232 Now off to get my He who sees page done - and I'll be all caught up!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #993
Create With Me

Yay! I'm caught up (for now!) here is my God Who Sees Page http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=93535

thank you for your extra lesson with the suggested Genesis readings Patter! now I'm off to post this on your blog too!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #994
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my God who Sees page - now to work back and do the Shepherd. Having a great afternoon in the Word!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...8244?cat=15940
Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #995
Watercolor Wizard

I am woefully behind! Here are my cards for LORD and SHEPHERD.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #996
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my EL ROI page. This one is especially meaningful to me. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration everyone!

the one who sees

2009 Guest Designer for Artistic Outpost
Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #997
Rubber Obsessor

Please don't feel bad twinwillows, I am behind you I think.
Jeanne
Old 06-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #998
Cardstock Collector

I have just come across this and Im so excited. I have not been as focused on the Lord as I should be lately. I think this will be just the thing to help me out. I think I will start on this weeks challenge and then work my way backwards to try to catch up.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:18 AM   #999
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweng View Post
I have just come across this and Im so excited. I have not been as focused on the Lord as I should be lately. I think this will be just the thing to help me out. I think I will start on this weeks challenge and then work my way backwards to try to catch up.
So glad to have you join in!!!!! Welcome!

And to everyone else, remember, there is no being behind. This is for you. Complete them and enjoy them as you have time. I will hit the gallery later. Kids are calling.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #1000
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannemello View Post
Please don't feel bad twinwillows, I am behind you I think.
Jeanne
I hate being behind or late in anything. I rarely am, in fact, because it's a buggaboo with me. However, I've actually had a *reason* or two this time!

First, I'm getting signed up and ready to attend a Christian writer's conference this fall. So that means... I need to spend a whole bunch of time WRITING so that I have things to be critiqued and can formulate specific questions/areas I need more help/info on. So that is taking up quite a bit of my time.

And then... while researching and typing away, I've developed a bit of eye strain. I went to the eye doc last Friday and will get some new glasses in a couple of weeks. Until then, limited computer (oh, my!) and resting my eyes frequently throughout the day. *sigh* This is going to be a loooong two weeks!

Enough with the excuses. My FIL used to say, excuses are like rear ends (okay, he was more colorful than I am), everyone has one and they all stink. Ah... the wisdom of the aged.