Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Softangelkisses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default What is Norwex??

I got invited to a home party featuring Norwex? What is this? Has anyone had positive or negative experiences with this product? Anything I "need" to have? Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

You got my curiosity up, so I looked this up on the computer. Seems to be personal and home care products that have no chemicals, and environmentally safe.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never heard of it but I Googled it and it's chemical free cleaning and self care products.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
Matboard Maniac

I also looked up Norwex online. It sounds too good to be true. I was hoping that someone who has used the products would give me an honest opinion about them. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Stampin' Fool

I have used some of the products and they were great. My friend has all or most of the products and she loves them.
Jennifer
Old 04-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool

Sounds like a BORING home party!!!

I started my GALLERY!!!!!!! I really *am* a stamper!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcghs27408
Sounds like a BORING home party!!!
LOL! Yeah, who wants to go "learn" how to clean ... pffftt!! Although I do know people who are fanatical about cleaning who would prolly LOVE it!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

Mebbe they have something really good for cleaning stamps Just a joke.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Carol Haney

My friend swears by their stuff! Never been to a party or used the stuff (allergic to cleaning LOL). It's pretty costly but my friend (who is at least as cheap as I am) said it's worth the price and better for the environment. Now you know what I know.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

They could have the party at my house if they are going to do multiple in home demos!
Cara Denise likes this post.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
Insane Embellisher

I just went to my first Norwex home party a week or so ago. I discovered that the main products are not so much cleaning products (like bottles of liquid), but rather a cleaning cloth that doesn't require a chemical cleaner. For example, there's an enviro cloth that is made of microfiber. Quoting from the catalog , "Unlike many other types of cloth that push dirt and moisture around the surface you are trying to clean, the microfiber cloths pick up dirt, grease and moisture, leaving the surface clean and dry." Because of the way this microfiber works, the dirt/dust is drawn up and trapped in the fibers and leaves a clean surface that stays clean longer. You can use the cloth dry for dusting or for heavier cleaning just wet it with water, no cleaning products!

The thing that really impressed me about these microfiber cloths are that they are environmentally friendly. "They can reduce the consumption of cleaning chemicals in your home up to 90% , while at the same time cutting down your exposure to toxic fumes. This can make a big difference for anyone with allergies and chemical sensitivities."

Sorry to sound like a commercial! I don't sell Norwex but I was impressed by what I saw and heard.

Hope this helps.
barb
Old 04-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

Talking ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softangelkisses
They could have the party at my house if they are going to do multiple in home demos!
Sign me up ASAP...that is, IF they are willing to do major cleaning demonstrations in ALL rooms of my house
Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies,

Norwex is definitely not a hoax. It works. Chem-free cleaning with microfiber has been in Europe and Canada for 18 years. It's slowly coming into the U.S. I got some for Christmas, loved it, did some research, and came across a more affordable option. I have lots of info about microfiber cleaning on my food allergy blog. I hope I'm not breaking rules posting this. I just want people to know it's awesome stuff and there are options. Yes, cleaning IS boring but it's so much more fun when it's fast and easy.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Matboard Maniac

Cleaning or stamping, cleaning or stamping..... YES, stamping wins again!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Pearl-ExPert

I wish I could say that today! But I have hopes for stamping tonight. It's no wonder that my 6th grade teacher wrote in my yearbook, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", ha! I always have to work before I play.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
Kookie Creator

I have and LOVE the Norwex laundry soap.

I own and use the clothes as well and you use the polishing cloth on windows. The demo took butter and put it on the hostess' window, just wet the enviro cloth with water, wiped away the butter then used the polishing cloth--BEAUTIFUL--no residue, no chemicals. Amazing. I used it on the inside of my car window and you would swear there isn't even a window there, YES, it is that clean.

There are products for the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, body, and it ALL is wonderful. Don't knock it until you go to a party to hear and see it for yourself!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Die Cut Diva

My sister's SIL is a rep--the products are really great. However, they are spendy. I found a similar company called Ecloth: Welcome to MyEcloth - Cleaner, Better, Safer

I've bought some of each brand and compared them, nearly identical. I really love the glass polishing cloth and dusting cloths!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper1996 View Post
My sister's SIL is a rep--the products are really great. However, they are spendy. I found a similar company called Ecloth: Welcome to MyEcloth - Cleaner, Better, Safer

I've bought some of each brand and compared them, nearly identical. I really love the glass polishing cloth and dusting cloths!
Exactly! I loved e-cloth so much that I am now an online retailer just like myecloth. We are e-cloth Allergy Friendly because we have a large allergy audience and e-cloths are wonderful for allergies and asthma. So glad you like e-cloth!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Pearl-ExPert

I wrote an article today about cleaning electronics on my website (in signature), and it was shared on Cathy Zeilske's FB page. I love her scrapbooking and she loves e-cloth.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
Pearl-ExPert

Stamper 1996, did you know e-cloth has a body line now? I'm so glad because I was really wanting the Norwex stuff. My SIL also sells Norwex.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #21
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufeestamper View Post
Exactly! I loved e-cloth so much that I am now an online retailer just like myecloth. We are e-cloth Allergy Friendly because we have a large allergy audience and e-cloths are wonderful for allergies and asthma. So glad you like e-cloth!
Hi Jamie,

Just went to your blog, and I'm sold. I ordered the 4 pack of the e-cloth. Can't wait to try them out. My daughter has 7 children, from 9 months to 13 years old. If I like the cloths, I will probably get her some, too.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #22
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Hi Jamie,

Just went to your blog, and I'm sold. I ordered the 4 pack of the e-cloth. Can't wait to try them out. My daughter has 7 children, from 9 months to 13 years old. If I like the cloths, I will probably get her some, too.
Aw, thanks. I appreciate that. I love educating people on them because really, they have changed our lives (that sounds so hokey but true). They are perfect for a busy mom like your daughter! And even the kids can help because we don't have to worry about them using chemicals. My boys, 5 and 7, can wipe down the toilet and sink before company comes over...with just water. They do a great job! And they actually like helping, which is great. I wrote a whole post about how the mop telescopes down to kid size and my five-year-old loves being in charge of dry mopping now. Let me know how you like them and thanks again.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #23
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granna View Post
Mebbe they have something really good for cleaning stamps Just a joke.
I clean my acrylic blocks and sanitize lots of my supplies after a class with a wet Gen Purpose cloth! When people complain about their cling stamps not sticking to the blocks, I just want to tell them how well these work!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
Matboard Maniac

I love the Norwex products I have purchased. I have the laundry detergent....you don't need to use much and I've been using the same bag since October and I do ALOT of laundry. The dryer balls are great too.........no more dryer sheets. The products may seem exensive, but you have to look at what you end up saving after purchasing them. I know I've saved a bunch of $$ on the purchase of laundry soap already. The cleaning cloths are great too.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyb View Post
I love the Norwex products I have purchased. I have the laundry detergent....you don't need to use much and I've been using the same bag since October and I do ALOT of laundry. The dryer balls are great too.........no more dryer sheets. The products may seem exensive, but you have to look at what you end up saving after purchasing them. I know I've saved a bunch of $$ on the purchase of laundry soap already. The cleaning cloths are great too.
I should try the laundry stuff. My son has bad eczema. For products that both e-cloth and Norwex sell, I do e-cloth because they can be 1/4 the price. But e-cloth doesn't sell the actual cleaners and I've heard good things about the laundry, the oven cleaner, etc. by Norwex.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufeestamper View Post
I should try the laundry stuff. My son has bad eczema. For products that both e-cloth and Norwex sell, I do e-cloth because they can be 1/4 the price. But e-cloth doesn't sell the actual cleaners and I've heard good things about the laundry, the oven cleaner, etc. by Norwex.
I'd love to help you with some products for your son's eczema. It's not Norwex and I'm not sure if I can post it on here, so PM me and I can tell you about them. My friends daughter is using them and is has cleared up completely and no longer using her prescription ointment for it.

Kim
Old 05-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #27
Inking Addict

Default Nowex is better than sliced bread

I cannot BELIEVE how awesome this stuff is. I no longer have streaks on my windows or mirrors; we even take the cleaning and polishing cloths along on vacation to keep our car windows clean. The floor mop is a must have; my husband often does our floor now; it's quick, easy, and no chemicals. Just water!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, this is an old thread! How is Norwex or e-cloths different from the bulk pack of microfiber cloths from Home Depot? I bought a massive bunch of these microfiber cloths and I use them exactly as Norwex says to use their cloths. Dry for dusting, and wet for mopping/heavier cleaning. I use only water; no Windex or anything. But these cloths were CHEAP at Home Depot; not at all expensive. Several years before buying these at Home Depot, I got a whole bunch from Costco; same thing - not expensive at all, and works marvelously compared to paper towels and other normal cloths.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine View Post
Wow, this is an old thread! How is Norwex or e-cloths different from the bulk pack of microfiber cloths from Home Depot? I bought a massive bunch of these microfiber cloths and I use them exactly as Norwex says to use their cloths. Dry for dusting, and wet for mopping/heavier cleaning. I use only water; no Windex or anything. But these cloths were CHEAP at Home Depot; not at all expensive. Several years before buying these at Home Depot, I got a whole bunch from Costco; same thing - not expensive at all, and works marvelously compared to paper towels and other normal cloths.
Very good question. When Real Simple magazine chose e-cloth microfiber General Purpose Cloths as the best all around cleaning product last spring, they said this:

"You might assume that all microfiber is created equal. Not so. THis winner delivers impressivley on three promises of the category: to serve as a magnet for dust, to clean and shine with plain water, and to stand up to the washing machine. E-cloths are guaranteed to last through 300 washes...."

If you look at it scientifically, microfiber quality is based on how many fibers there are per cm squared and how many times each of those fibers are split. High quality microfiber has the most fibers and they are split many more times. Here is a link about the science:

Milk Allergy Mom: e-cloth ~ How it Works

I also absolutely love that e-cloth spent the money for scientific proof and published the results for the general public. Here's that link:

Milk Allergy Mom: e-cloth ~ Scientific Proof

I will add that I owned a few microfiber cloths from Walmart, and when I got my hands on Norwex and e-cloth, I could tell a huge difference just from the way they felt.

I sure hope that helps!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah! Yes, it does help! Thank you!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #31
Pearl-ExPert

For anyone wanting a microfiber mop like Norwex's, here is some exciting news!

Milk Allergy Mom: Dreaming About a Microfiber Mop? Don't Miss This E-Cloth Sale!