Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to ktdid
Talking What does your DH do that drives you nuts?

Hm...let's see...I think there is some sort of anti-male force field around our lightswitches...at least when you go to turn them off...

And he pees after he showers. Now, I don't really care when he pees, but he does it immediately after he gets out of the shower, leaving wet footprints all the way to the toilet.

And he takes the change out of his pockets and puts it wherever he happens to be, so I find change on the dining room table, on the nightstand, on the coffee table...you name it. But do the golf tees and receipts come out of his pockets? Of course not!

Lest you think he drives me crazy ALL day long, he did buy me a drafting table to stamp on. He scored big points for that one!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
Mad Swapper

Mine also dumps his pocket contents, on the counter, along with his glasses wallet, cell phone and the mail. And he bites his popcicles and chews them! The noise is like nails on a chalk board to me.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Embossing Fanatic

Mine always leaves his dirty clothes on the floor and he doesn't clean up his whiskers after he trims his mustache or beard.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues
Send a message via MSN to LeahsCreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid View Post

And he pees after he showers. Now, I don't really care when he pees, but he does it immediately after he gets out of the shower, leaving wet footprints all the way to the toilet.
It seems to me tha he's being very gracious and holding it rather than doing it in the shower... food for thought.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

The only thing my husband could do to drive me crazy is die.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Matboard Maniac

Mine works rotating shifts, so when he's on swings he very consideratly changes clothes in the TV room so he doesn't wake me up. Then he leaves them on the floor. Then he gets himself something to eat, and leaves the dirty dishes and pop can in the middle of the room. I hate waking up to a mess, it puts me off for the rest of the day. I'm not his mommy, I shouldn't have to pick up after him or even tell him to pick up after himself.

Really, he's a great husband and dad, but seriously, pick up your socks!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac

And he argues with me when he agrees with me just because he thinks it's funny to make me mad.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by law6449 View Post
Mine works rotating shifts, so when he's on swings he very consideratly changes clothes in the TV room so he doesn't wake me up. Then he leaves them on the floor. Then he gets himself something to eat, and leaves the dirty dishes and pop can in the middle of the room. I hate waking up to a mess, it puts me off for the rest of the day. I'm not his mommy, I shouldn't have to pick up after him or even tell him to pick up after himself.

Really, he's a great husband and dad, but seriously, pick up your socks!

Ah, yes, I'd almost forgot about the crumbs on the counter and leaving the mustard out...

Rainsong, either you married an awesome guy or you never see each other...I'm guessing it's the former! Lucky you! If you want to send him over to talk to mine some time, that would be fine!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess

Law6449...are we married to the same man?!?!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
Matboard Maniac

lol, you can have him Monday Wednesday Friday, I'll take him Tues thurs sat, Sunday we'll just let him loose and take a break.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues
Send a message via MSN to LeahsCreations

No really - my DH can't throw anything away. His office is the proof. It's like those scary stories where people end up burried alive under a pile of junk.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Ah, yes, I'd almost forgot about the crumbs on the counter and leaving the mustard out...

Rainsong, either you married an awesome guy or you never see each other...I'm guessing it's the former! Lucky you! If you want to send him over to talk to mine some time, that would be fine!
I did marry an awesome guy. He's not perfect and does plenty of things that irritate me. But then, I'm sure I do plenty of things to irritate him. However, when I think about living without him, my mind goes to a very dark and lonely place. To me, that's the definition of "crazy."

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
I did marry an awesome guy. He's not perfect and does plenty of things that irritate me. But then, I'm sure I do plenty of things to irritate him. However, when I think about living without him, my mind goes to a very dark and lonely place. To me, that's the definition of "crazy."

Rainsong
Well said my friend. I was thinking the samething. I think when one has been married for as long as we have to our DHs, the little things don't matter any more. What matters is that he loves me and loves being with me. All else is water under the bridge. I can't imagine the day I wouldn't have DH around - even if he irritates me at times. OK, now I am crying.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, I don't know where I find these men, but my fiance, and my ex, both obviously can't find the recycle bin. It's 2 feet away from our counter, but they won't/didn't throw their things away, they let it sit on the counter 4-EVER!

And I stopped him from this disgusting habit, he cut his toenails in the living room while putting his feet on the coffee table!!!!

One last thing, I guess it's a male thing from what I've read on this thread, he leaves all his clothes on the floor in his room, even though there's a laundry basket in the corner of the room!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Mad Swapper

I think this is true of most men....they drop things anywhere and everywhere and then ask you where it is. I hate that and I've been very bad at replying to him with..."I didn't have it last and didn't touch it!" or my favorite one is..." I didn't wear it, you did!"
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyfreak View Post
ok, I don't know where I find these men, but my fiance, and my ex, both obviously can't find the recycle bin. It's 2 feet away from our counter, but they won't/didn't throw their things away, they let it sit on the counter 4-EVER!

And I stopped him from this disgusting habit, he cut his toenails in the living room while putting his feet on the coffee table!!!!

One last thing, I guess it's a male thing from what I've read on this thread, he leaves all his clothes on the floor in his room, even though there's a laundry basket in the corner of the room!
No, it isn't a male thing. It's a "mother" thing. If his mother didn't teach him any better...

Keep it in mind for your own kids, especially the males.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
Polyshrink Goddess

while in an argument my DH uses rhetorical questions back at me to add fuel to my already lit fire, and drinks out of the milk, lemonade, juice, or water container..GET A GLASS!! Or as soon as I pour a drink he drinks from it..get your own!

Mom to 4...Sean (11-00), Kevin and Patrick (3-02) and Meghan (2-05) and still time to STAMP (in my sleep! LOL)

Old 08-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

aaah,
but see when he goes home to mommy, he puts his clothes in HER hamper.

but when he's here with me, they go in the floor - or on the doorknobs - do you know how disgusting it is to find dirty drawers hanging on the doorknob?

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Well said my friend. I was thinking the samething. I think when one has been married for as long as we have to our DHs, the little things don't matter any more. What matters is that he loves me and loves being with me. All else is water under the bridge. I can't imagine the day I wouldn't have DH around - even if he irritates me at times. OK, now I am crying.
Thanks, Sammie. You, more than anyone, knows what it means to face not having them around. We've had a few scares over the years that tend to put life's daily irritations into perspective.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Ten years from now, dirty socks on the floor, snoring, cabinets left open, farting, won't matter. What will is having someone you love to share in the sunsets.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #20
Stampin' Fool

Today?

Breathe!!!!!

(OK....so, he hasn't been a very good boy this weekend and that was the first thing that popped into my mind). Seriously though....he snores loudly and then yells at me when I roll him over because....he was sleeping!!!!

OK and he also always says...."We need to...." and then fill in the blank with something that he really wants done (by me!!!) and has no intention what so ever of helping out. For example..."We need to get the kids some dinner before the movie" and then proceeds to continue sitting there watching TV while I get up and do it. Annoying!!!

I will stop at that because like I said...he wasn't a very good boy this weekend and my list could get VERY long.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #21
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4stamps View Post
I think this is true of most men....they drop things anywhere and everywhere and then ask you where it is. I hate that and I've been very bad at replying to him with..."I didn't have it last and didn't touch it!" or my favorite one is..." I didn't wear it, you did!"
ROFLOL, my DH does that with the nail clippers. I keep them in the bathroom cupboard, he takes them out and clips his nails over the kitchen garbage, then sets them on the bookshelf in the living room. I put them away when I'm dusting and he CANNOT find them. He will look on every surface between the kitchen garbage and the bookshelf and never look in the bathroom where they belong before he starts asking me where they are. I'm so glad I don't have any sons. I'd lose it if I had more than one male in the house to deal with.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
aaah,
but see when he goes home to mommy, he puts his clothes in HER hamper.

but when he's here with me, they go in the floor - or on the doorknobs - do you know how disgusting it is to find dirty drawers hanging on the doorknob?
Here's the cure: if it isn't in the hamper, don't wash it. Pretty soon he'll run out of underwear and wonder why. Tell him, if it isn't in the hamper, you aren't washing it.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #23
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Here's the cure: if it isn't in the hamper, don't wash it. Pretty soon he'll run out of underwear and wonder why. Tell him, if it isn't in the hamper, you aren't washing it.

Rainsong
OK, does anyone else think their DH would go buy more or just go without?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #24
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Rainsong

Bingo!

And when he asks you where his belt (or shirt or whatever) is, feel free to use my response: "I don't know, I don't wear your belt". Sometimes that is paired with me going into his closet, pulling out his belt, and saying, "It's good this thing doesn't have teeth. You could have been seriously injured".
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by law6449 View Post
OK, does anyone else think their DH would go buy more or just go without?
If his does, and continues to hang them off the knobs/toss on floor, don't wash them unless they're in the hamper. Consistency with husbands, just as with children, is key.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #26
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't go out and buy more undies...he'd either ask me to do laundry (I'm the primary laundry-doer) or he'd just go without. New undies magically appear in his drawer and the old ones magically disappear. Same with shirts. On the other hand, I don't shovel the driveway or mow the lawn.

It's a pretty even split in our house about where his clothes end up...if he's in the bedroom, they'll either end up in the laundry basket or on the floor. If he's anywhere else, that's where they'll land. I will pick up the clothes that aren't in the bedroom, but if they're in the corner in the bedroom I'll just assume that he has decided that they're not dirty enough to wash yet.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #27
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Biddles View Post
Today?

Breathe!!!!!
Hey, you stole my answer!!!

Seriously, my main complaint is that he cannot shut a cabinet door or a drawer to save his life! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, and bumped into an open door or drawer...I have the bruises to prove it!

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #28
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
Hey, you stole my answer!!!

Seriously, my main complaint is that he cannot shut a cabinet door or a drawer to save his life! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, and bumped into an open door or drawer...I have the bruises to prove it!

Hey, I'm in Northern California too. Maybe it is something in the air?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Bingo!

And when he asks you where his belt (or shirt or whatever) is, feel free to use my response: "I don't know, I don't wear your belt". Sometimes that is paired with me going into his closet, pulling out his belt, and saying, "It's good this thing doesn't have teeth. You could have been seriously injured".
Why would you spend your time finding his belt for him? Your first response is the only one that works. I used it all the time on my kids and today, they are better housekeepers than they ever were at home.

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #30
Matboard Maniac

My DH and I have been married 35 years as of the 29th of July-the kids are now grown and gone and we have 3 adorable granddaughters.After 35 years he does not do much that drives me nuts EXCEPT I will ask him a question and he says huh then answers it when I start to ask it again-- so he heard me-he just thought I would go away grrrrrrrrr-THAT drives me crazy.He is a great husband and grandpa though and he never misses work and comes home every night at 5- does not drink or smoke so I guess I can put up with the one thing LOL--oh and he supports my stamp habit.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #31

Quote:
I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't go out and buy more undies...he'd either ask me to do laundry (I'm the primary laundry-doer) or he'd just go without. New undies magically appear in his drawer and the old ones magically disappear. Same with shirts. On the other hand, I don't shovel the driveway or mow the lawn.

It's a pretty even split in our house about where his clothes end up...if he's in the bedroom, they'll either end up in the laundry basket or on the floor. If he's anywhere else, that's where they'll land. I will pick up the clothes that aren't in the bedroom, but if they're in the corner in the bedroom I'll just assume that he has decided that they're not dirty enough to wash yet.
Okay, I gotta add one more thing for all the wives complaining about their husbands--every time you pick up after them, you are announcing you are their maid. You aren't. You are their wife. Stop doing the maid's work and he'll start treating you like a wife.

Rainsong--shutting up now.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #32
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks, Sammie. You, more than anyone, knows what it means to face not having them around. We've had a few scares over the years that tend to put life's daily irritations into perspective.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Ten years from now, dirty socks on the floor, snoring, cabinets left open, farting, won't matter. What will is having someone you love to share in the sunsets.

Rainsong
I couldn't agree with you more, RS. We are going on 25 years of marriage next month, started dating at 14, married at 18. I'll take all of his irritating little habits rather than a quiet, empty, irritating-free zone at my house!

But...if I have to list something that he does that irritates me... it would be picking his hangnails or dry skin when his hand is near/touching me. JUST ICK! But I'll take that over not having him around.

And I KNOW I do way more irritating things than he does!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #33

Quote:

Rainsong

we did that about 7 years ago. he does his own laundry now.... mostly he waits until he has no underwear left, goes out and buys a new pack before he washes. that man has more drawers than any person i've ever met.

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=4Biddles;6764308]Today?

Breathe!!!!!
quote]
I did not want to post b/c I thought I would be the only one to say that so I will agree!!! That was the first thing that popped into my head!

Breathe!!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
we did that about 7 years ago. he does his own laundry now.... mostly he waits until he has no underwear left, goes out and buys a new pack before he washes. that man has more drawers than any person i've ever met.
Really? How many pair does your neighbor own?

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibluegal1 View Post
My DH and I have been married 35 years as of the 29th of July-the kids are now grown and gone and we have 3 adorable granddaughters.After 35 years he does not do much that drives me nuts EXCEPT I will ask him a question and he says huh then answers it when I start to ask it again-- so he heard me-he just thought I would go away grrrrrrrrr-THAT drives me crazy.He is a great husband and grandpa though and he never misses work and comes home every night at 5- does not drink or smoke so I guess I can put up with the one thing LOL--oh and he supports my stamp habit.
Nah, he's not thinking maybe you'll go away. You probably caught him unaware with your question and it took a few minutes to sink in.
(After 35 years you do know mens' skulls are much thicker than womens, don't you?)

Rainsong
Old 08-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #37
Insane Embellisher

There are two things that drive me nuts. The first is kinda gross... but anyway, he still gets acne sometimes, and when he squeezes it out, he wipes it on the mirror. And leaves it there. I've gone more than a week without cleaning it because I thought eventually he would do it, but he doesn't. He thinks it's cool to see how much he can collect or something. I've asked him repeatedly to clean it when he's done, but doesn't. Ewww, it grosses me out!

The other is that he throws things away. If I leave something out a little too long, or thinks I don't need it (without asking me) or is just tired of seeing something (like some of dd's toys), he just throws it away. It Pisses me off to no end. There has been more than once I've fished something out of the trash.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #38
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibluegal1 View Post
--oh and he supports my stamp habit.
which is right up there with cleanliness and godliness!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Really? How many pair does your neighbor own?

Rainsong

he hasn't washed in 3 weeks that I know of and he still has some in his drawer.

i'll have to go look and see. i made him throw out about 10 pairs that were holey when we moved.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #40
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Biddles View Post
Hey, I'm in Northern California too. Maybe it is something in the air?
Must be

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.