Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 02-24-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default What do I say.....

in a card to a young woman who has just been diagnosed with an incurable brain tumour, only a month after her father started chemotherapy and radiotherapy for myeloma (cancer of the plasma)?

I've never met the father or the girl and her brothers, as it's the wife who is a friend. We live at opposite ends of the country (England), so visiting is unlikely, but I want to send Chloe a card and I don't know what to use as a sentiment - if any. 'Thinking of You' isn't really right, and in any case it's what I put on the card I sent to the friend and her husband when he was diagnosed just last month. My brain is addled anyway, as a good neighbour has just been diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus (his wife had bowel cancer barely two years ago), another good neighbour had a stroke this week and a friend took her husband for an endoscopy on Wednesday - he has been choking on his food, so I fear the worst there, too, but have yet to hear.

I'm sorry to visit this upon you, but I know that someone will be able to help me with a suitable sentiment.

Thankyou.

Lynda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 02-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

Hi Lynda,

I can think of two possibilities.

From a stamp in my stash: "If it would help to know that someone cares...... someone does" (which can cover a lot).

Stampin Up has a set called 'Here for You' which has some useful sentiments for offering support. https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/Prod...oductID=142164

It's really difficult, but so much better that you send her something rather than sympathise in silence. And sorry to hear that these horrible things are happening to your neighbours.

HTH

Julie
Arlene_C and LizBeth1976 like this post.
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Compulsive Stamper

Thankyou, Julie: I like the 'someone does' sentiment, so may use that. Better I don't get it in the mail tomorrow (not that I've felt able to craft today) but instead use the right words.

Lynda